• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Turia Region - Science vs Industry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabbit

where is my mind?
Years
  • {{ That would be great, thanks. ^_^ Should I leave his interruption in my post, or take it out? }}

Converge

Take One Last Breath
    Years
  • [[OOC: sorry i have been active the past few days, i had holiday plans :p]]

Izaak creeped back to his room when he had seen they were almost at shore. It had been a fun and memorable boat ride with all the other trainers around.

The intercom came on above "We will be unboarding within the next ten minutes, please make your way to the dock." Izaak grabbed his things, and hurried back to the dock, as he got off the ship, he looked back. The ocean looked simply gorgeous, he then looked forward, he knew a journey through Turia would be a long, difficult one. No turning back now.... lets show this region what we got!

Enilias

Successor to Hokuto Shinken
    Years
  • Celia had no clue what to do. She hadn't been given any previous information about the journey. She assumed that she would find out on Turia. So, her answer to Raikon was, "We'll see. The leader, Amber or what's-her-name is going to probably give us some information, then we'll be on our merry way into the region. I think," Celia said. As she finished her statement, she felt a sudden shaking movement, and then none at all. The boat had stopped. "All right, let's go into the big sports field," Celia said. She refered to new places as uncharted sports field. You see, Celia played a lot of indoor sports and outdoor sports, but she was restricted by fences, courts, or stadiums. She has never competed in the true competition. In this region, Celia's opponent was nature. And, unbeknownst to her, the Silph Co.

"Understood." Raikon said and nodded. "You think. Well, that's interesting, but okay. Well, I have no idea where to meet this Amber or how she looks like, so go on I would say." he leaned back to let Celia pass, after that he noted, that they're the last ones on this boat. Big sports field? Whatever. Raikon in fact was excited, but he tried to stay calm, because if you're too exicited, you make mistakes. And in general those aren't tragic, but in unexplored wilderness, you should be careful.

IceDragon2439

Stand Up and Scream
    Years
  • "Oh, hi, Oli … Is it ok I call you Oli?" Getsumei responded, before stretching out his hand in greeting, "and sure, apology accepted. May we get along well." With that, Getsumei, as well as the Bibarel who still watched the scene from over his shoulder, gave the boy a large white grin.

"Of course you can call me Oli, Olivander replied as he outstretched his hand for the handshake. I would actually prefer it," he finished with a smile. Something he really had not done in a while was smile.

Oli then looked over to the girl that Getsumei was talking to and she had an Eevee in her arms. She was very bright, something that really stood out along with her excitement to see the three trainers. He then looked at the guy with the Feraligtr, who seemed a bit furious at something. Oli then directed his attention backed to the girl as she began an excited explanation.

"Pete and Oli, is it? Fantastic!" the girl said with her hands clasped together.

But before she could continue, the boy with the Feraligtr interupted by saying, "if you'll excuse my interrupting, I am Ray Rowleigh, research team battle analyst…which is a fancy way of saying I like to get into fights with people and pokemon...I am not this 'pete' character you seem to have me confused with…"

"Ray. Got it. Welcome to Turia, guys! the girl continued on with a smile. You'll love it here. It's chock full of Pokemon. Our research team just can't keep up with classifying and monitoring these beasties, let me tell you. Hey, maybe you can help us out? You're all trainers, aren't you? Yeah, it shows."

She then seemed to look at Oli with an intriguing look and said,"that confident stance...that piercing gaze...you've obviously done your share of roughing it in the bush. That's what being a trainer's all about, isn't it? Living off the land. Sleeping under the stars. Catching pneumonia. It's part of the lifestyle. But, when you get tired of it, feel free to drop by our base for a hot meal and a roof over your head. It's not a five-star location, but I bet you'll like our cook. In return, just keep track of the Pokemon you see and send us the data. Sound good?" Amber grinned, watching the faces of her audience for their reactions.

"Well I'll introduce myself, my name, as you know, is Olivander Lyken, but please call me Oli, he began with a grin. And since hopefully I can stick around with Getsumei and Ray, I'll let them decide what they want to do. It's please to meet you...I don't think I caught you're name," Oli finished with a smile to the young girl.

Last edited:

Getsumei

The Avatar of the Beaver
    Years
  • Just as Getsumei had answered the girl's previous question about if he had met any "interesting people", she opened her mouth, which seemed to be completely bottomless when it came to words, once more. This time what she said made Getsumei think of some sort of sales speech, and seemed more directed at his two "companions", than him, getting interrupted briefly as the brown haired youth on the Feraligatr announced his real name, which caused Getsumei to give off a quick "I knew that!" though it was obviously untrue…

When the girl finally finished, it seemed the group went on to a round of introduction, in which Getsumei didn't participate. As far as he knew, everyone already knew his name. There was, however, something that made Getsumei react.

"… since hopefully I can stick around with Getsumei and Ray, I'll let them decide what they want to do." Oli had said, causing Getsumei to wake up and give off a reply.

"Me and Ray? You make it sound like we're travelling buddies," he said with an awkward grin. "I only barely know this guy, and I can't even remember why … Also, you're gonna follow me…?"

Getsumei didn't notice how his comments was probably going to be misunderstood and cause people to feel incredibly unwanted, and instead turned back to Amber, placing a hand upon her shoulder, as he looked her straight into her eyes, which, he noted, was surprisingly big.

"Anyway, Amber, would you mind leading the way back to the camp? I need to talk to Dr. Connell"

Last edited:

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
  • {{ Heh, how did Amber get mistaken for a leader? That's a grave misunderstanding. }}

"Well I'll introduce myself, my name, as you know, is Olivander Lyken, but please call me Oli, he began with a grin. And since hopefully I can stick around with Getsumei and Ray, I'll let them decide what they want to do. It's please to meet you...I don't think I caught you're name," Oli finished with a smile to the young girl.

"Amber Velaquez," she replied off-handedly. "Just Amber's fine."

Suddenly, there was a loud clatter of wings and a large black shape landed on Amber's shoulder, smacking her with a wing and nearly causing her to fall onto Olivander. She laughed and adjusted her spectacles. "Bella," she explained. The Murkrow settled her feathers and turned her head sideways, staring at the rest.

Nor was the Eevee left behind. A little brown head with long, narrow ears peeked out from behind Amber's ankles and silently inspected the crowd. Amber failed to notice it.

{{ I'm gonna wait for Ray. }}

Last edited:

IceDragon2439

Stand Up and Scream
    Years
  • "Amber Velaquez," she replied off-handedly. "Just Amber's fine."

"Nice to meet you Amber," Oli responded with a grin.

Then, out of no where a Murkrow landed on her shoulder and the surprise almost knocked her into Oli. She laughed and adjusted her spectacles. "Bella," she explained.

Oli chuckled as the black-feathered bird let out a caw. Amber seemed sweet and Oli sort of let down his guard a bit. He was enjoying the new feeling of friendship which he had not shared with humans in some time. Getsumei, Amber, and Ray all seemed nice to meet him as well.

"So what's it like here in Turia?" Olivander asked the girl.

Converge

Take One Last Breath
    Years
  • Izaak began exploring the port town, mainly, in search for a restaurant or a place to relax for a bit before starting upon his journey. He had noticed all the trainers had been making friends of each other. Mmmmm I guess im the oddball of this group.

He let his Scizor out of its ball. "Scizor!" It let out a cry as it was released for the first time through the whole ship ride.
    "I thought you might like some fresh air," Izaak said to his companion as he looked into its deep golden eyes. "It's like a whole new world here huh?" he continued speaking. They finally came apon a place which resembled a pokecenter, but the structure was much different from the average building, half the glowing sign's light was burnt out and the building looked ravaged, with the rest of the surrounding buildings. This must be the rough part of town, better get back to the main square, to avoid any unneeded encounters.

Gardevoyeurism

Stalking Gardevoirs
    Years
  • Somewhere along Turia's vast coasts, a group of newly-hatched Squirtle crawled across the sand to embark upon their maiden voyage across the surrounding seas, all completely unaware of the mighty Exeggutor lurking amongst the palm trees which loomed overhead. Six lazy-lidded eyes leered upon the little Pokemon as the three-headed tree stood perfectly still, ensuring that they remained blissfully oblivious to his presence. As the Squirtle siblings neared the water's edge, he lifted a heavy leg, then stomped upon the ground, loudly declaring his presence. Kicking sand, he emitted a low, harmonic cry. All of a sudden, a Pelipper swooped down upon the hatchlings.
    The lower portion of his beak briefly dipped into the water, revealing to the four baby Pokemon the mass of red and white balls within its pouch for but a split second before they too became trapped along with them. Pelipper's jaws tightened as the smaller Pokemon struggled, his flight becoming somehwat unsteady as he neared a nearby sand bank. Upon making a safe landing, he shook his head violently until the muffled cries for help from within his bill were silenced and the weight significantly lessened following a series of popping sounds and mechanical notes. His beak parted once more, allowing the large water bird Pokemon to catch his breath prior to taking off yet again.

The bird flew onto, then past the shore and into a patch of nearby forest, skillfully avoiding obstacles such as trees and the Pokemon who lived in them. At last, he landed, bowing his crested head forward as if to greet the ones he had come to meet. Before him stood his Exeggutor comrade accompanied by a dwarfed Alakazam, whose ears were being gently scratched by a petite, swarthy youngish woman who not only looked far too well groomed to be staying on this island, but also happened to be dressed in a laughably impractical outfit consisting mostly of a short polka-dot dress and bright red platform heels.

This woman was Candy Attridge-Huang, their once honest trainer who had been corrupted by poverty and as a result had stooped so low as to snatch wild Pokemon from their natural habitats on request by the Silph megacorporation. Needless to say, she wasn't very bright, though bright enough for the job as she was able to operate the simple, yet advanced devices supplied to her by her employer.

Looking down at her Pelipper, Candy gave a warm smile. "Good boy, Pepper! You're getting treats tonight!" She exclaimed, hiking her dress up slightly so her bare knees rather than the unfortunately lightly-colored garment touched the forest floor as she knelt before her Pokemon.
    "Now, spit out the little Pokeballs so mommy can pick out the ones she can send back to Silph."
    Without question, the Pelipper obeyed, emptying his bill of its contents which spilled out along with copious amounts of water upon the grassy, dirt-lined ground.

Pleased with her Pokemon yet disgusted by the mud which spattered uncomfortably close to her dress, Candy reached into one of the many pockets of her handbag, later retrieving a small, cylindrical item upon which was a button. Pointing the device at the cluster of Pokeballs before her, she pressed said button, causing the item to emit a buzzing sound as one by one, the balls began to pop open like cooked Shellder. This continued until seconds later, only four remained shut. Candy quickly gathered the sealed Pokeballs, placing them into her handbag. She then pressed the button on the little cylinder still clutched between her fingers, causing the empty balls to snap shut before she stuffed each of them back into Pepper's bill. Brushing a stray strand of hair from her face, she looked up at the bird and gave a slight giggle. "You're definitely getting treats." She then glanced behind her at her Exeggutor. "You too, Janus..." She tilted her head slightly, gesturing towards her Alakazam. "And Clare. You're all such good Pokemon..."

Candy hadn't at all picked up on the irony of her last comment, as what she was doing wasn't quite 'good'. In fact, it could be construed by many as downright cruel, considering the fate the Pokemon had to face upon being delivered to Silph Co.

Candy rose to her feet, brushing the dirt from her knees before barking yet another command at Pepper. "Pepper, lead us back to the big building where we sleep, okay?"
    Again, the bird did exactly as he was told, proudly striding further inland followed closely by his trainer and her other Pokemon. Janus' three faces kept on the lookout for any hostile individuals whilst Clare gingerly locked her weak, frail arms around one of Candy's, levitating as to allow herself to be dragged along with her. Though it would have been far easier for Candy to have merely placed her most recent catch into her Pelipper's bill to have him fly it to Silph Co., she had found out the hard way that it was by far safer to follow and defend him as he led the way for the his course for Turia's Silph base had many a time been disrupted. In one case, the Pelipper was shot down by a poisoned dart crafted by a young researcher, which baffled Candy somewhat as there wasn't much about Pepper other than the route he had taken that would suggest a connection to her or her occupation.

((OOC: Fail short post. Shoot me. Dx))

Last edited:

The warden

I'm back!
    Years
  • From nearby, on a hill side not too far from the docklands, Ryan lay under some bushes, a pair of binoculars held to his eyes watching the boat enter the dock. Every time a new boat arrived on the island Ryan tried to be there to keep track of any new arrival to the Turia. There was the usual rush of a mixture of tourists, trainers and a few researches trying to leave the boat after the long journey, but one person stood out from the crowd, a young boy around the age of twenty, what stood out about him was his bright white hair. Looking again at the boy Ryan watched as he approached a girl roughly the same age, for a moment Ryan tried to recall where he had seen her before but couldn't, silently he made a note to write up all the information he collected when spying on the boat arrivals, there was no point him coming out here if he just forgot it all. Just then a Feraligatr walked over joining the crowd, on it's back it's owner was perched.

A nearby sound broke Ryan's concentration, a slight snap of a twig breaking. He pushed himself into a crouch and turned round to see what it was. Not too far away a young man was walking towards the docklands, it was nothing to worry about be he aught to get back to capturing some more Pokemon. He open a pocket and pulled out a rough sketch of Turia, decided where he was going, then checked that the man had gone and then sett off away from the docklands. At a considerable distance from the docklands Ryan withdrew Amelia and set off towards the dense forests.

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
    Years
  • ((OOC: Been trying to catch up on this, sorry!))

Drake walked through the port town, admiring the craftsmenship of the buildings. Aether floated lazily above him as usual, loving the sea air. He wandered the streets, looking for nothing in particular. He was where he wanted to be, might as well enjoy it for a while before he started his research work and his hunt for the hooded man.

Drake noticed he was drifting towards a more broken down area of the port town. Buildings looked beaten and broken. He felt a sense of unease and sadness drift through this part of town. He spotted a trainer he recognized from the ferry and ran up to him. "Hey, do you know how to get back to the center of town, I think I'm supposed to meet the rest of my team there," he asked politely, noticed the boy's Scizor.

Dizzy_Zeo

My Own Secret Weapon
    Years
  • Oli's words, though, didn't really strike hesitation into Ray, he welcomed the company so long as they didn't interfere with his data. But Ray let out a sigh as Getsumei…corrected Oli, stating that he and Ray were far from travelling companions, which was true, but the white haired man didn't have to say it the way he did. He was a little upset that he wasn't remembered, but he wasn't what one would call bent out of shape about it. To this tall, forgetful guy, he was just another face from another time. As Ray was about to respond to Oli, Getsu spoke up again about the research camp and Dr. Connell. Getsumei had asked Amber if he could be lead to the camp and Ray stepped up "If you don't mind, I wouldn't mind coming along, since no one really wants to go elsewhere and you did promise a hot meal" Ray said to Amber, now standing next to Getsumei.

The height difference was noticeable, very much so in fact, despite their closeness in age. He wondered if he was coming off as too eager. He felt a little out of character, but disregarded it as nonsense. A flapping noise was soon heard and with it came a murkrow, now perched on Amber's shoulder. It was unexpected, but certainly not unheard of, had Razor been out, seeing this murkrow would not only set him to defense mode, but it would assure that the flying-type would find a spot on Ray's head, looking to get the height advantage on the murkow. Ray knew his pokemon well enough to state this as fact, especially with a little experience under his belt and some scrape marks beneath his hair. But another noise drew Ray's eyes down to Amber's feet, the source of which was a small eevee. The highly adaptable pokemon and it's evolutions were great sources of battle data, especially with new forms being discovered in surprising succession.

Ray snapped back to attention, unsure if Amber had said anything to him, but since no one was looking expectantly at him, he decided that wasn't the case. "Besides, I want to meet this Dr. Connell…I may be looking for more permanent research here in Turia…Oli, why don't you join us too, since Getsu doesn't seem to be versed in the method proper invitations."

IceDragon2439

Stand Up and Scream
    Years
  • Oli was a bit struck by Getsumei's wording, and a bit hurt since he just wanted some friendship. He was a bit lost in his thoughts as he began to think what he would do since Getsumei did not seem to want him around. But Ray brought him back to earth when he said, "Besides, I want to meet this Dr. Connell…I may be looking for more permanent research here in Turia…Oli, why don't you join us too, since Getsu doesn't seem to be versed in the method proper invitations."

"I would love to join you guys, I really don't know where else to go," Oli replied with a bit of pep in his voice. He understood that Getsumei probably did not mean to sound harsh but he felt a little better since Ray and Amber seemed to want him around.

"I am ready to go whenever you guys are," Oli continued with a smile.

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
  • Amber beamed. "Great! I'll show you the way. It's not far - " She took a step back and nearly tripped over the little Eevee behind her. Trying hard not to step on him, she flailed her arms and fell to one knee as her Murkrow cawed but kept her claws firmly in her shoulder, then quickly recovered by scooping up the Eevee and pulling him up with her. " - THERE you are, you little dumpling!" The Eevee's bottom half dangled helplessly from her arms, but all he could reply was a high-pitched "Vee." "Thought you were going to wander off, hm?" Amber muttered, conveniently forgetting that she was at fault. She stood up, her face flushed, and gave her dark hair a toss to get it out of her eyes. Now she was with both of her Pokemon, the two of them - the dark, brooding Murkrow, the disgustingly adorable Eevee - practically overshadowing her presence. "Well. No harm done. Are we waiting for anyone else?" She wasn't really expecting an answer, but it came to her right away. "TOM. Poor Tom, he's gone for groceries and I've forgotten all about him! Oh well, he'll just have to catch up," she decided. "He's all the way across town. He can manage without us."

Amber pulled Getsumei alongside her and motioned to the rest to follow. "YOU get to walk in front, Mr. Big-shot trainer! If any Ursaring attack, you'll scare 'em off for us. Anyway," she continued, "the base is just 20 minutes away, not too far off the main route. We have a great view of the ocean. It's just like camping out, really, except we get actual beds! And electricity! To some extent. No internet connection, though. That's what really gets me."

{{ So they set off, I guess. Unless anyone else has something they want to add. I can edit and stuff. }}

It was a jaunty stroll through the forest, rather than hiking through the bush, because the bulldozers had got there first. The 'main route' was a strip of clear-cut leading straight to the clear blue sky. It was a smooth, wide road. To either side were brown stretches of tree stumps and dry, crooked branches; beyond, a dark wall of tall pines and mixed leafy trees. The air was fresh and clean, with a light sea breeze. Long tree trunks, cut and laid parallel, were waiting by the side of the road to be hauled back to the Docklands, where the timber was used in extending the Docklands.

"Oh hey. GUYS." Amber interjected into whatever conversation may or may not have been going on, briefly turning around to get their attention. "Have you heard the rumours about Silph Co.?"

{{ Tom may seem like a faceless NPC, but I promise to develop him as needed. If anyone wants to abduct him, be my guest. He'll be headed out after Amber's group and have a cartload of produce with him. He has a Furret following and a Heracross in his pocket. }}

Last edited:

Hansa

I got Fusion Legend! Do you?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2011
    Penny just called out Cancayza to fight off the Fearows. Cancayza leaped out, ready for battle. Leaping was a great exaggeration, "bounced" would be a better term. Anyway, the two Fearows didn't seem to pay much attention. "This will give us the upper hand of a surprise attack" Penny said, fiercely. As the desert breeze swept through her dark brown hair, she commanded; "Cazzy, use Take Down!". That was the only way she could reach the birds. Cancayza, the Hipopotas, sprinted towards the birds, and leaped (yes, she actually leaped now) towards the biggest of the Fearows. Cancayza would struggle, as her Ground-affinity wouldn't help her in this two-vs-one battle...

Cancayza hit the big bird so hard that she herself felt a sting. The fearow fell to the ground, and Cancayza landed lazily. She Yawned at the fallen Fearow before being hit by an Aerial Ace by the other, smaller Fearow. Penny gulped, fearfully. "Cazzy, quickly use Sand Attack!" Penny shouted rapidly. Cancayza, who was still tumbling after the hit, managed to stop with her foot, and use the same foot to throw sand at the Fearow, aiming for it's eyes. It was blind for a moment, and Cancayza Yawned at it, yawning was apparently a usual procedure for it. The bigger Fearow came flying, and scratched wildly at Cancayza in a Fury Attack. Though hurt, Cancayza tried not to fall. Penny reacted quickly, saying "Bite it, Cazzy!". The sandy hippopotamus bit the Fearow's wing. Fearow mirrored the move, as in Mirror Move, and bit Cancayza's left leg. Still biting Cancayza, the predatory bird suddenly went to sleep, while the smaller Fearow was flying towards Cancayza, Quickly Attacking.
    It missed, however, having sand in it's eyes, and went to sleep also.

Penny called back Cancayza for rest, saying; "Good job, Cazzy!", conforting her. Penny picked up her walkie-talkie, and contacted the base. "Two Fearow here need serious replacement. They belong in the woods!" she said. "Roger that, a team is on their way" the voice in the other end said. "Over and out" Penny said, and dropped the walkie in her pocket. She sat down on a warm rock, waiting...

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
  • Annoying little insect Theron thought. But speed won't save it. Cairn had stopped moving and opened his mouth, letting saliva and excess heat vent from his open mouth and the holes in his armor. Then Theron saw the Ninjask flipping towards a nearby tree.
    "Cairn! Giga Impact, and make it count!"
    Cairn gave him an annoyed glance and took a deep breath and roared before turning around and rushing the smaller Pokemon again, mouth opened sinisterly. One moment the Ninjask was flying towards the tree, and the next thing either of them knew, Cairn collided at top speed with said tree.

There was a high cracking noise, followed by a dull thud and both men saw the tree collapse, and both Pokemon disappeared as it fell. Theron could feel his heart pounding in his chest. It had taken him forever to raise that Tyranitar, and capturing one in the wild was already difficult enough. He glanced over at the scientist, who was clearly thinking the same thing, though more likely about his own Pokemon. From somewhere near the massive tree's top, Cairn poked his head out of the foliage and gave a feeble snarl before fainting. The Ninjask was nowhere to be seen, for the moment.
    Theron pulled Cairn's throwing-star pokeball out his sleeve.
    "Cairn, return!"
    Cairn gave another weak growl as the dark ball flew towards it, engulfing it in darkness before it flew back to Theron's hand. He ran his hands along his belt, and briefly ran his fingers over Togakure's dark ball. If anything, he was starting to learn that this man used his brain in a battle more than his pokemon.

Getsumei

The Avatar of the Beaver
    Years
  • ((I'm sorry for the lateness... Been really busy and stuff... I really hope this place hasn't died >_< that'd suck!))

"No internet!? Seriously!? Good thing I brought this, then," Getsumei commented on the tiny girl's words, before bringing out what looked like a Pokédex, though it had clearly been through some customization, and was clearly bigger than a normal Pokédex. "My dad made this. It has some pretty neat features. Just hope it'll work all the way out here."

"Anyway," he then continued, before turning towards Ray and Oli, just as they were about to head out. "I guess we'll be travelling buddies then, at least for now." Shaking the two boys' hands, he was then shoved in front of the group, apparently to serve as a human shield, which, put rather negatively, was what he was getting paid for.

"Ok, Kokushu! You're in charge of looking out for the lady, got it?" Getsumei said, after they had set off, looking over his shoulder, where he was met with a furred face and a pair of buckteeth. Giving off a strange-sounding bark, the Bibarel jumped off its owners back and instead placed itself by Ambers side, constantly turning his head, while occasionally moving around the girl to check on the opposite side. Nothing was going to harm her while he was on watch…

A while later, while the group was marching down a man-made path through an, otherwise dense, forest, Amber chose to break the silence with a question concerning the Silph co. rumours.

"Yeah, I heard about it, how wouldn't I?" Getsumei replied, hinting to the fact he was here as a hired shield. "I'm not sure what to think, though. I mean, why would they do such a thing? They've done so much in order to help not only trainers, but researchers as well, so why would they suddenly try and get in the way of said research?"

Last edited:

Dizzy_Zeo

My Own Secret Weapon
    Years
  • Ray began to walk along with the other three trainers, with their journey quickly taking them into a heavily wooded area. Ray never felt really nervous in different environments, but out of all the ones he's experience in his travels, forests always seemed to bug him, mostly because of the bug-types contained within. He could handle most benign bug types; caterpies, weedles, wurmples and their resulting evolutions were no problem, but all it took was for one spinarak or an ariados to stumble across his path, and Ray would be in the middle of panic country. Hopefully, he'd be able to maintain his composure if that happened here though, lest he come across as weak and afraid.

However, his mind was taken off the subject of his fears as Amber began to speak, first about Ursarings, one of the pokemon that Ray was personally interested in catching. He had no response to this first statement as it wasn't directed at him, but when the conversation turned to the Silph co., Ray decided it was time to voice his opinions, especially as Getsu, after a vicious handshake, asked why Silph would be interested in harming individuals.

"While Silph co. is one of the main distributors of pokemon gear, if not the definitive supplier, they have been known to associate with Team Rocket, whether they were bullied or consented in full" Ray said, matter-of-factly "If you've spent as much time as I have in Saffron city, this starts to become common knowledge, especially if you pay attention to the news". Ray was nevertheless unsettled by this. If Silph was meddling in Turia, it was definitely for the wrong reasons, though, it could be possible that they were gathering research, but why not just get that off the research teams themselves? No, they were definitely up to no good.

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
  • "We found another Strand, Mr. Heely."
    Heely turned his swivel chair around and looked at the delivery boy.
    He was an unremarkable looking man from the Orange Islands, clad in fatigues and a Silph Co armored vest.
    "Excellent work Retriever...?
    "Retriever 114, Squad 8, Director."
    He placed a small, pressure-sealed case on Heely's desk.
    Heely opened it with trembling hands, nearly knocking a case of aloe off the desk. And there, resplendent in all it's glory, were two fine, silken-looking strands of a crystal-like material. Parts of it were clear and filled with some gelatin-like substance, and others sparkled like the rainbow.
    Heely cut a small section from a gelatin filled end and from an end that glowed a dim orange. He tossed the sterilized knife in the trash and put both cuttings into his mouth.
    "You've done well, Retriever 114. You may take this to the lab."
    "If you don't mind me asking, sir... what is it?"
    Heely sighed.
    "Each of these strands contains a kind of raw stem cells and some kind of elemental power. If you want to be stronger, faster, and not die from the cancers forming in your body, take the gelatin section. If you want to throw fireballs or gain precognition, take one of the color-coded ends."
    He continued. "Just imagine, a world where Pokemon would be unnecessary- a world without walls outside of every city, or where on the 7 PM news there's never a story about a 12 year old trainer being mauled in Victory Road. A world where all technology except for these (he gestured at the strands in the case) is pushed to the side, and Silph can have unlimited power over people."
    The Retriever accepted the case and walked out of Heely's office. Heely knew best...
    ---------------------------------------------------

Miles away, a 14 foot, scorpion-like creature stirred in the forest. Interlopers. It quickly finished depositing a strand from the spitter on it's tail and crept off, it's crystalline skin protecting it from the obstacles in it's path, though it did send a flock of Pidgey flapping and squacking in protest as their privacy was violated. A single, orange eye blinked and roved, looking for the intruders. It could hear the interlopers to its left, but it had work to do. It deposited several other strands when the interlopers, a small group of young trainers, spotted it.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back