• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Tweaking Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benzee

I got your number, on the wall
    Years
    I have done the steps over at least 10 times now. Every time it's the same spot. My friend tried and on his first time getting the void he got to Shaymin. The only difference between us is that he has Pearl and i have Diamond.

Dragonmaster91

It's just common sense!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2010
    Great, I have a ROM-modder here. I felt like I'm Mr.Wierd working on Luminous Yellow while making a Tweaking Thread.

Similar to the Mew Flag in FR\LG\E. Needs to be set or else mew will not obey you. One of the major hack-IDing. And wichu, this is a tweaking thread. Hacked-PKMN ids are going as tips to the Trade Corner.

Edit:

Err... Could somebody give me a cute explaination to this video?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4k2gn6JSPE

It is how to reach the Hall of Origin using the void... But in french, so I really don't get anything... And by the way, they say they can't reload the Graphics...

Now it's time!

First one to reach the void and catch Arcues, will have an honorary place in the Hall of Origin and here.
    That is either a month or more older. It was on the Hall of Origin site awhile ago. That video, as well as another occurrence of this is why I suspect that it actually repoints itself. People have tried this, and gotten a mystery zone instead. I found it very interesting that it is real, and seems very random.

NatureKeeper

Maybe because every copy of the game has the Hall of Origin in a different location.

Maybe really I'll find Arcues in my version of the void.

Dragonmaster91

It's just common sense!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2010
    I have done the steps over at least 10 times now. Every time it's the same spot. My friend tried and on his first time getting the void he got to Shaymin. The only difference between us is that he has Pearl and i have Diamond.
    Try using a detour. Right at the 236th step, go right or something for about 50 steps, go up a few, then go back the 50 steps, to the left.

NatureKeeper

I discovered new tweaking areas at the route near Valor Lakefront and R.M. Cave.

Dragonmaster91

It's just common sense!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2010
    Is this for every game, or just the one that was found on? Gotta go to Hall of Origin real quick to check this out.

Yingxue

Since October 2003
    Years
    Can this one be performed in the Japanese versions of the game? I have a version that has the E4 glitch.

NatureKeeper

My theory is that Hall of Orign's offset differ from a LEGITIMATE game to game. That's why it's hard to find in the void.

Dragonmaster91

It's just common sense!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2010
    My theory is that Hall of Orign's offset differ from a LEGITIMATE game to game. That's why it's hard to find in the void.
    Or maybe you did something different in the game, changing the game data, and maybe changing a spot in the void to look like HoO? I dunno, but it looks like it, there has been about 3 - 5 reports of finding HoO in the void at a different spot every time, thing is, they are all real too. But, when someone else tries, they end up with something different.

Zowayixx

Tweak Master
    Years
    Or maybe you did something different in the game, changing the game data, and maybe changing a spot in the void to look like HoO? I dunno, but it looks like it, there has been about 3 - 5 reports of finding HoO in the void at a different spot every time, thing is, they are all real too. But, when someone else tries, they end up with something different.

Zowayixx from Hall of Origin here. And Dragonmaster, you're only part right. The Hall of Origin does appear in other areas, but still retains all areas it's been seen. I've tried in a few areas so far, and I've gotten to the one the French guy got to, with the help of his Celebi (hacked), and I've gotten within 10,000 steps of the Hall of Origin myself. So if you can find it one place, and it's proven to be there, it's always going to be there, unless proven otherwise.

And what, no mention of me in tweaking? (Oh, and since this is a tweaking discussion thread, I've been tweaking in HG/SS [and not those sissy emulators], and yes, it's possible, and amazing things are achievable.)

Dragonmaster91

It's just common sense!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2010
    Zowayixx from Hall of Origin here. And Dragonmaster, you're only part right. The Hall of Origin does appear in other areas, but still retains all areas it's been seen. I've tried in a few areas so far, and I've gotten to the one the French guy got to, with the help of his Celebi (hacked), and I've gotten within 10,000 steps of the Hall of Origin myself. So if you can find it one place, and it's proven to be there, it's always going to be there, unless proven otherwise.

And what, no mention of me in tweaking? (Oh, and since this is a tweaking discussion thread, I've been tweaking in HG/SS [and not those sissy emulators], and yes, it's possible, and amazing things are achievable.)
    Anything you would share with us? Maybe it is time to start the HG/SS tweaking thread.

I think I have quoted you several times, though I am probably wrong about that.

Also, one of my friends let me borrow an AR, DS lite, and a copy of Diamond I can discard easily. I found one thing, at the pokemon league, one room before Cynthia's, don't load the graphics unless you are in that EXACT pokemon league spot. Anywhere else, BAM! BSoD.

Also, thinking of putting this on the HoO site, 1326 steps north in the poketch void, is a Jublife City area, not any ordinary one, one that play MZ music. Cannot fly from it, and any graphical load results in BSoD.

All for now, except for one thing. I was going to fake sinnoh to try the HoO thing, before I got there (around the area it should have been), I find a Snowpoint City, not too odd. Go to the left, a route? left again, Acuity lakefront. I had no clue why it was doing this, a town map of sinnoh, yet no graphics. One of the places was completely white.

So I get out of there, never got to fake sinnoh.

Couple days ago, I read something that was pretty much related to this.

It was a discussion about what Fake-Sinnohs are safe to save in on HoO, and someone said that in between some of the Fake-Sinnohs, there was a town map thing. Zow, any chance you could verify this?

That's about it for now, except for that one weird platinum tweak. It is safe to save and reload in, but if you screw up and don't have fly, you are done, no more game for you.

Zowayixx

Tweak Master
    Years
    Anything you would share with us? Maybe it is time to start the HG/SS tweaking thread.

That's the last thing you want to do. We can't have Nintendo knowing about some of the things I've found out, as they could be easily remedied by moving a piece of scenery over.

It was a discussion about what Fake-Sinnohs are safe to save in on HoO, and someone said that in between some of the Fake-Sinnohs, there was a town map thing. Zow, any chance you could verify this?

A town map thing, could you please re-iterate? And all Fake-Sinnohs are safe to save in, except tertiary directions (NNWFS, NNFS, NNEFS, etc.).

Dragonmaster91

It's just common sense!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2010
    That's the last thing you want to do. We can't have Nintendo knowing about some of the things I've found out, as they could be easily remedied by moving a piece of scenery over.

A town map thing, could you please re-iterate? And all Fake-Sinnohs are safe to save in, except tertiary directions (NNWFS, NNFS, NNEFS, etc.).
    True, well then, can't wait to figure out.

I call it that, as that is all it is. Simply the locations put in the correct order throughout all of Sinnoh, but only a couple of steps for each. There are absolutely no graphics here, just the locations.

Just checking around HoO a little bit, so with HG/SS tweaking we are still at the same block one with platinum? Hmmm.... What to do...

Last edited:

Zowayixx

Tweak Master
    Years
    Ah yes, and there is already an official HG/SS tweaking channel. Just look up "Soul Silver Glitch" on Youtube, it'll be the first video. And I've never gotten a Town Map in the void. On a lighter note, I've almost gotten to the Hall of Origin, but as expected, there's a freezing spot where it's located away from the Hall of Origin (AKA if it were 40,000 away from Hall of Origin, I'm 40,000 from the Hall of Origin when I freeze).

Dragonmaster91

It's just common sense!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2010
    Ah yes, and there is already an official HG/SS tweaking channel. Just look up "Soul Silver Glitch" on Youtube, it'll be the first video. And I've never gotten a Town Map in the void. On a lighter note, I've almost gotten to the Hall of Origin, but as expected, there's a freezing spot where it's located away from the Hall of Origin (AKA if it were 40,000 away from Hall of Origin, I'm 40,000 from the Hall of Origin when I freeze).
    What are the steps? I'll be glad to help out. Is it the same as the French guy's HoO?

Zowayixx

Tweak Master
    Years
    What are the steps? I'll be glad to help out. Is it the same as the French guy's HoO?

I can't tell you the exact steps at the moment, as I got a BSoD and I'm not restarting, seeing as how I have a VGC09 Milotic on there. And no. His was at NFS, this one is just below NNNFS, so go exploring around there.

Dragonmaster91

It's just common sense!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2010
    I can't tell you the exact steps at the moment, as I got a BSoD and I'm not restarting, seeing as how I have a VGC09 Milotic on there. And no. His was at NFS, this one is just below NNNFS, so go exploring around there.
    Oh, I got time, I'll give it a try. If I do find something, I'll have it posted sometime this week.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back