• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Tweaking Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NatureKeeper

Tweaking is great if done correctly. I managed to catch Shaymin, Arceus and Darkrai. Arceus is the only one of those three that is kind of tricky to catch. Shaymin and Darkrai have no protection at all. If you tweak correctly just go for Shaymin, Arceus and Darkrai!

**I can't stand the fact that every single cool Pokemon is only obtainable by event. Pretty soon we'll be able to get Ratata ONLY BY EVENT xD!***

WHAT?! ARCUES?! That's still impossible except if... NOTHING HAPPENS! This is so... Nvm... But this is unbelievable. I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

Dragonmaster91

It's just common sense!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2010
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    The 16x16 map chunks are aligned in a grid. The grid is the same as that of the Town Map; to find a load line, simply find a line where moving across it takes you to the next tile in the Town Map (use the Poketch for this). That's half the load lines accounted for. The others are just 16 steps away from those ones.
    At least, that's what I can make out :)

Dragonmaster91

It's just common sense!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2010
    Theory

I have a theory on Arceus, and if I am correct, it is bad...

So far, it seems that the location of the Hall of Origin randomly changes...
    This means you will have to look all over the void for one location... I hope I'm wrong...

HAHA!

I just tried to get in the abyss, and I got a freeze, and an unwalkable abyss to the south (speed three).

Trying again.

Got it.

got lucky in about 10 minutes.

At Darkrai.

Interesting, I got lost in fake sinnoh, and still found him.

Man, do I have a story...

I got to fake sinnoh, and went up. I got lost though when I went to Canalave. So I explored, and found Iron Island, then tried going north and found one of the islands. Worriedly, I checked the internet to see what Newmoon Island looked like... I was at the wrong one. I almost did what Horizon did, and save at Fullmoon Island, but I went to Newmoon Island and nabbed him!

With my level 25 Monferno... lol

Edit: I just froze my game tweaking something. It was cool at first, the music. Then, my top screen went white, and my poketch got really glitchy. Like, different colors and stuff.

Last edited:

NatureKeeper

No, It's sort of impossible. Your theory.

Every place has it's own area in the void. It'll never move, or else it repoints itself from time to time, which is impossible, because a program cannot program itself, duh...

Dragonmaster91

It's just common sense!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2010
    No, It's sort of impossible. Your theory.

Every place has it's own area in the void. It'll never move, or else it repoints itself from time to time, which is impossible, because a program cannot program itself, duh...
    Yeah... good point... Well, I'm out of ideas.

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2011
    I find tweaking the game far too risky, and after my original save file on my first Diamond crashed because of it, I'm not planning on using it again. Just to warn everyone, this is really risky.

Dragonmaster91

It's just common sense!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2010
    I find tweaking the game far too risky, and after my original save file on my first Diamond crashed because of it, I'm not planning on using it again. Just to warn everyone, this is really risky.

This has been said throughout the whole topic, expecially by me several times. I got lucky and managed to get to Darkrai and Giratina without something happening.

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2009
    I've tried this over and over again,
    but so far I've been either bumping into an invisible wall in Jubilife city, or the abyss wont let me in.
    Very frusterating..
    Is this supposed to happen??

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    Wow, I thought Nintendo fixed this glitch in the US version of D/P. I'm thinking of moving all the stuff I care about to Platinum and trying this out.

I have a question, though. In the more recent games, if you do something dumb like turn the game off while saving, you just get a message saying that your file has reverted back to an older save. Does that system not work for things like this?

Years
    I have heard that in games made after December of 2008 that the Tweaking Glitch was patched. The saving with the tweaking glitch... I'm not sure on that one. I'm no expert on it, but I THINK it does.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    I have heard that in games made after December of 2008 that the Tweaking Glitch was patched. The saving with the tweaking glitch... I'm not sure on that one. I'm no expert on it, but I THINK it does.

You mean it does screw up the save, or it reverts to an uncorrupted save?

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    No, it will reload an uncorrupted save. However, the thing about messing up the save in the Mystery Zone is that the game thinks it's OK; the actual save data is not corrupted, but the location it tries to load doesn't exist. So saving in the wrong part will screw your save file anyway; you'd have to restart to fix it. Alternatively, you could try sending your game to Nintendo; they would be able to fix it too.

Dragonmaster91

It's just common sense!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2010
    Wow, I thought Nintendo fixed this glitch in the US version of D/P. I'm thinking of moving all the stuff I care about to Platinum and trying this out.
    No, they fixed the surfing glitch that was in the very early Japanese releases.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    Well I tried it out a few minutes ago, and getting the actual glitch going is kind of hard. I'm just about to trade my prized pokes over to Platinum, and then I'll get started looking for things. I'm going after Shaymin first, and then I guess I'll look for Arceus.

Dragonmaster91

It's just common sense!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2010
    Well I tried it out a few minutes ago, and getting the actual glitch going is kind of hard. I'm just about to trade my prized pokes over to Platinum, and then I'll get started looking for things. I'm going after Shaymin first, and then I guess I'll look for Arceus.
    I would search for Arceus, but I have to much to lose atm.

Dragonmaster91

It's just common sense!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2010
    Y'see, if Nintendo would just let us save multiple files, this wouldn't be a problem at all.
    Agreed, that would be very useful.

Thing is, you would have so and so on one save, and so and so on the other, so that would just really not work if you think about it...

So, as useful as it would be, there would be a catch to it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back