• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Tweaking Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2009
    Outdoor, sure. But not in the Poketch Co. void. I've a bit of hex editing myself, but only little things like mismatched houses and weird textures. Also, don't I know you from Project Pokemon?

1. You act like it, just as you are now. And hey man, I'm just going by what the admins say. They even made me IP trace you because everyone thought you were another Kendrick at our site.

I'm trying to defend myself, obviously I have to know something. Sorry, I do not know what the speed of light is offhand- you said I knew everything?

EDIT: Yeah, you're registered as November 17, 1982.

2. Duh, and not really.

3. I'm a tweaking expert and proficient in ROM hacking, also, I use common sense (a thing that seems not to be present that often) and yeah, I do know a good bit about the data, seeing as how I'm a, oh dang, what was it...oh yeah, a ROM hacker.

If you were proficient, you would realise that the game would have to get that sort of data somewhere.

Ask the COPPA why I registered as that date. I'm a 'developer' at PP.

In which case, in #3 - have you ever looked in mapmatrix?

I'm just trying to figure out why and how tweaking works - and trying to share my findings. I even said that it might not work. Then you say that there's nothing in the data for that, which I disagree, obviously I defend my position.

I get treated to this.

Disregard most of what Angelsl says. He's on our forums over at Hall of Origin and thinks he knows everything. He's also apparently 27. Listen to me well, and I stress this:

YOU CANNOT TELL THAT INFORMATION FROM THE .NARC FILES.

He's an idiot that looks around in the .narc's and thinks he found something I haven't. Guys, I've looked through every, EVERY single .narc file. The ONLY way to tell where areas are in regard to each other is to use a tile editor, which would either take a long time to make, or be impossible to make.

Also, I'm about to come up with a formula to find different Hall of Origin's in the void, that anyone can try.

Zowayixx

Tweak Master
    Years
  • The closest things I make to assumptions are theories.

And yes, I have. Thanks for asking. We already know why tweaking works and how it works, so thanks, but we already found it out.

But hey, if you think you can, go ahead. Meanwhile, I'll be finding the Hall of Origin.

EDIT: Oh dang, we've strayed from the subject of Tweaking. Gotta get back on topic.

I may explore Jubilife TV sometime.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2009
    The closest things I make to assumptions are theories.

And yes, I have. Thanks for asking. We already know why tweaking works and how it works, so thanks, but we already found it out.

But hey, if you think you can, go ahead. Meanwhile, I'll be finding the Hall of Origin.

EDIT: Oh dang, we've strayed from the subject of Tweaking. Gotta get back on topic.

I may explore Jubilife TV sometime.

"why tweaking works and how it works" - that's my own project, the info I'm trying to help with is other routes to get to the same place.

But hm. I was wrong about the Ruin Maniac's cave to HoO.

Apparantly it's in 2 map_matrix entries. :/ And the one the game seemingly uses is the 2nd one - where it's grouped in with a bunch of maps unrelated to the HoO. Actually I was looking at the wrong map ID. Whoops. But yeah, Maniac Cave does not lead to HoO. Going left, I found Jubilife City. And PokeSav shows my coords are 769/65504/28/1. So yeah..

Last edited:

Dragonmaster91

It's just common sense!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2010
    "why tweaking works and how it works" - that's my own project, the info I'm trying to help with is other routes to get to the same place.

But hm. I was wrong about the Ruin Maniac's cave to HoO.

Apparantly it's in 2 map_matrix entries. :/ And the one the game seemingly uses is the 2nd one - where it's grouped in with a bunch of maps unrelated to the HoO. Actually I was looking at the wrong map ID. Whoops. But yeah, Maniac Cave does not lead to HoO. Going left, I found Jubilife City. And PokeSav shows my coords are 769/65504/28/1. So yeah..
    The void does not use any sort of map matrix, you cannot tell anything based on the data at hand, and I can't say much on this if you are not a VE, but we are currently exploring many HoO's, that is probably a little too much, but still. No one get their hopes up yet.

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2009
    The void does not use any sort of map matrix, you cannot tell anything based on the data at hand, and I can't say much on this if you are not a VE, but we are currently exploring many HoO's, that is probably a little too much, but still. No one get their hopes up yet.

"The void does not use any sort of map matrix, you cannot tell anything based on the data at hand" - It uses the same map matrix as if you were in the normal game. What you can do by tweaking you can also is doable by WTW.

If you were able to get into the abyss in main Jubilife City, and go in the direction of Route 204, you probably would reach.. Route 204. Assuming you were in the correct X axis.

Just like how if you tweaked to Newmoon Island, but moved left from there, you would reach Fullmoon. Right? That's all in the data from the game.

Dragonmaster91

It's just common sense!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2010
    I'm not risking my save file for this :)
    If someone wants to do it for me and clone it for me, ill love you <3
    It's perfectly safe, just BSoD test the area, and don't use the explorer's kit.

"The void does not use any sort of map matrix, you cannot tell anything based on the data at hand" - It uses the same map matrix as if you were in the normal game. What you can do by tweaking you can also is doable by WTW.

If you were able to get into the abyss in main Jubilife City, and go in the direction of Route 204, you probably would reach.. Route 204. Assuming you were in the correct X axis.

Just like how if you tweaked to Newmoon Island, but moved left from there, you would reach Fullmoon. Right? That's all in the data from the game.
    There is no set map order in the void, it is all VERY RANDOM, I don't know how hard it is to understand apparently, because I got that right away. I know you are trying to help, but you are wrong. The matrix does not apply to the void!

Dragonmaster91

It's just common sense!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2010
    Nobody posted how to perform a BSoD test. heh.

Just get the game to re-render the map. i.e open menu and open e.g Bag
    ^What he said

Rules​

*Talk only about tweaking.
    *This thread is under D\P\Plat section. If you are looking for a thread for HeartGold and SoulSilver, kindly open there. Unless you want to view a similarity after the games' release.
    *Do not talk about Action Replay or else I'll have to report offtopic which ain't nice...
    *DS, DS lite AND DSiboth work in tweaking, as I tweaked in my DS lite. It was rumored that the DSi may not work because it has higher preformance, but it really does.

I just caught this because I don't look at the first post a lot. NatureKeeper, not to be rude or anything, in fact it is a common mistake, Tweaking=/= Void Exploring, which is what we are all talking about...

Please don't encourage people to open an HG/SS tweaking/Void Thread...

Believe it or not, Action Replays are actually very useful for certain things in the void. Notice "certain things", like... If there were a few areas of the area you want to get to, and only one is saveable, and one of the areas is blocked. You still have to check it right? Unless you go to all the other areas first, which actually would be a pain in the -... neck.

The whole DSi crap is a bunch of bull, I don't know who started that, but I use a DSi, Zowa uses a DSi, it works perfectly fine, and is actually easier to use than the DS lite.

Zowayixx

Tweak Master
    Years
  • There is no set map order in the void, it is all VERY RANDOM, I don't know how hard it is to understand apparently, because I got that right away. I know you are trying to help, but you are wrong. The matrix does not apply to the void!

Basically what I said earlier, but more in-depth about the randomness factor. I thought it was just common sense, but yeah. Thanks Dragon.

And Dragon is right. Please refrain from opening a HG/SS tweaking thread at the moment. Even though much is known about it, Nintendo may make a last-ditch effort to fix some of the things that are possible now. And yes, all that is different on DS/DSL/DSi is the graphics and sound processing power. A tweak will work the same way for every console.

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2009
    Basically what I said earlier, but more in-depth about the randomness factor. I thought it was just common sense, but yeah. Thanks Dragon.

And Dragon is right. Please refrain from opening a HG/SS tweaking thread at the moment. Even though much is known about it, Nintendo may make a last-ditch effort to fix some of the things that are possible now. And yes, all that is different on DS/DSL/DSi is the graphics and sound processing power. A tweak will work the same way for every console.

If the void is completely random, how do the paths described in the tutorials to get Darkrai or Shaymin work on all games? Obviously it's following something. "I thought it was just common sense, but yeah."

Zowayixx

Tweak Master
    Years
  • Because those paths work most of the time. You may have to take detours if it doesn't work. Seriously man, look around, it's all over HoO. The void changes dependent upon how far you are in the game and what flags are set. We know this for a fact. Now go do some research, then post here again.

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2009
    Because those paths work most of the time. You may have to take detours if it doesn't work. Seriously man, look around, it's all over HoO. The void changes dependent upon how far you are in the game and what flags are set. We know this for a fact. Now go do some research, then post here again.

Detour. But the overall path is the same. You run into e.g Sunyshore Lighthouse because you hit the event tile in the elevator.

Even if you go the detour, the location of the places is still the same. You detour because you want to avoid the event tile. Going east 3 steps, in the direction you were supposed to go 2 steps, and then west 3 steps, and continue on the path - you have avoided the event tile.

If you WTW'd instead of tweaking, it's also the same. You hit the elevator event tile. And some people probably hit it because they miscounted 1 step before going some 65 thousand steps in some direction.

If the void was truly random, then detouring would probably cause you to end up in a completely different place. Or no place aka MZ.

NatureKeeper

I just caught this because I don't look at the first post a lot. NatureKeeper, not to be rude or anything, in fact it is a common mistake, Tweaking=/= Void Exploring, which is what we are all talking about...

Please don't encourage people to open an HG/SS tweaking/Void Thread...

Believe it or not, Action Replays are actually very useful for certain things in the void. Notice "certain things", like... If there were a few areas of the area you want to get to, and only one is saveable, and one of the areas is blocked. You still have to check it right? Unless you go to all the other areas first, which actually would be a pain in the -... neck.

The whole DSi crap is a bunch of bull, I don't know who started that, but I use a DSi, Zowa uses a DSi, it works perfectly fine, and is actually easier to use than the DS lite.

Oh well, I bought a DS lite for the very rumor called DSi can't tweak. So, I am mentioning it. i don't want people to lose their fun with DSi.

And yes, Action Replay helps in certain things, for example a tweaker gets trapped. I once went crazy voidin' with my cousin's DS (which has a cheating device.). I got into a web. Now what? Walkthrough Walls FTW~!

As for the first thing, I'll fix it. :D

Zowayixx

Tweak Master
    Years
  • Detour. But the overall path is the same. You run into e.g Sunyshore Lighthouse because you hit the event tile in the elevator.

Even if you go the detour, the location of the places is still the same. You detour because you want to avoid the event tile. Going east 3 steps, in the direction you were supposed to go 2 steps, and then west 3 steps, and continue on the path - you have avoided the event tile.

If you WTW'd instead of tweaking, it's also the same. You hit the elevator event tile. And some people probably hit it because they miscounted 1 step before going some 65 thousand steps in some direction.

If the void was truly random, then detouring would probably cause you to end up in a completely different place. Or no place aka MZ.

Everything you just said is irrelevant. Fake Sinnoh =/= Layout of the void. The layout of the void is impossible to map, unless you know how big the void is and map out every single area, which would not come without exploration, at every flag set in the game. So yeah, if you're trying to do that, I don't wish you good luck, because encouraging something near-impossible is worse than telling them not to waste their time. As I said, common sense would say that.

Dragonmaster91

It's just common sense!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2010
    Everything you just said is irrelevant. Fake Sinnoh =/= Layout of the void. The layout of the void is impossible to map, unless you know how big the void is and map out every single area, which would not come without exploration, at every flag set in the game. So yeah, if you're trying to do that, I don't wish you good luck, because encouraging something near-impossible is worse than telling them not to waste their time. As I said, common sense would say that.
    Zowa, you already got your point across, don't drag it out.

Zowayixx

Tweak Master
    Years
  • I know, I believe I've made my point across numerous times. I was just trying to get AngelSL to see what I meant. He does now, so argument over.

Aaaanywayyyyy....I'm currently in Jubilife TV's void, saving in random places.

NatureKeeper

I know, I believe I've made my point across numerous times. I was just trying to get AngelSL to see what I meant. He does now, so argument over.

Aaaanywayyyyy....I'm currently in Jubilife TV's void, saving in random places.

Uh... Good luck for not saving in mystery zone...

me2hack

Graphics Artist
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    I'm getting on r4 on thursday, but now I'm going to see if I can get Darkrai and to see if the Arceus tweaking guide I saw works. On an emulator of course.

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
  • well i'm almost reach Fake Sinnoh, going to Darkrai and Shaymin XD, i'm doing in my Pearl version because i don't wanna lose Diamond data =p, i hope catch these two...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back