• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Unknown Dungeon Section Of PC Suggestions

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Years
  • well i think the forum should be invisible to members and mods and higher staff just send all the closed stuff there, so it'll keep the forums clean.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Kairi said:
    So let me get this strait?

You?re allowing swearing, like here:
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=28644

Putting it on display: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=28612

So if people who do this are doing it for the sole intent of doing harm, they won?t even look here to learn. And those who do look would never consider it appropriate anyways.

So just who does this help?

And Ni, such immorality, I am ashamed, you wanting to see things like that.
    It just shows the people what not to do. Most members are actually decent people who try and stay out of trouble.

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Blue said:
    It just shows the people what not to do. Most members are actually decent people who try and stay out of trouble.
    The people who aren't doing it already know not to. The only people who do that sort of thing are the ones who are intent or damaging the forum, anyways.

Anyone who doesn't know it's bad will be doing it, and will be banned like them. No?

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    DarkShadowSmoke said:
    Members should know already though by reading the rules>Rule #1 read the rules.
    Many members don't read the rules though, and even still it'd be ok for the members to actually see what a pad post/thread/whatever looks like. If something is to bad, it can always be deleted by a mod instead of sent to UD

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Blue said:
    Many members don't read the rules though, and even still it'd be ok for the members to actually see what a pad post/thread/whatever looks like. If something is to bad, it can always be deleted by a mod instead of sent to UD
    But so far we've let "dickheads" slide, that seems like it's doing more harm than good.

Again, those who do these sort of things already KNOW it's bad, and don't care. No regular member is going to suddenly flip and do that, but then be saved by your spam library.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Kairi said:
    But so far we?ve let ?dickheads? slide, that seems like it?s doing more harm than good.

Again, those who do these sort of things already KNOW it?s bad, and don?t care. No regular member is going to suddenly flip and do that, but then be saved by your spam library.
    Meh...I suppose you're right there, it's not like when sh-t was off of the swear list people went crazy and said it everywhere.

Saving that area for heavy spammers would be better, and not just sending everyday things there would work a lot better I suppose. BTW I'm not the one that moved that thread there.

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
  • Err..What a Stupid Idea. I gotta Admit this is one of PC's Un-Original Ideas..We really Dont need the UD Do we~~ I mean is Anybody Going to go all the way to look at Spam Threads Seriously NO.
    Ofcourse if is an Interesting Good Thread that has been closed after Umpteen Discussions, it could go here~
    Sorry but Bad Move Guys. (Cool Cr@cker)

Y'know, other people might have a different opinion... >_>

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Digital Phoenix said:
    Err..What a Stupid Idea. I gotta Admit this is one of PC's Un-Original Ideas..We really Dont need the UD Do we~~ I mean is Anybody Going to go all the way to look at Spam Threads Seriously NO.
    Actually, yes people would go out of their way for that. To get a good laugh mainly, but they would go there. And hopefully pick up some ideas of what not to do.
    Digital Phoneix said:
    Ofcourse if is an Interesting Good Thread that has been closed after Umpteen Discussions, it could go here~
    Sorry but Bad Move Guys. (Cool Cr@cker)
    Digital Phoneix said:
    [/size]
    Y'know, other people might have a different opinion... >_>
    Not really a bad move, people will use it. And it would leave a lot of our areas rather clean, but it's more for the members just to get a feel of what a tual spam looks like.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Kairi, Kairi... thought that out of all people at least you would understand how PC staffs function ;p Why question something when we know their replies already?

Didn't surprise me at all to see something like that... anything can happen after having a forum made for WWF in PC (even if it's destroyed later).

However, the reverse of the current idea is quite nice... the "appreciated" threads can deserve some recognition, though we'll start another "War of PC-Political Correctness" again about that. The idea is nice if it's reversed, but too bad even that is just an idea, not something you can actually carry out.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • the swearing and whatever else very bad should be edited out of the posts either before or after they're moved..
    please everyone, don't make a big deal out of this - it's just a dumping ground..

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    frostweaver said:
    Kairi, Kairi... thought that out of all people at least you would understand how PC staffs function ;p Why question something when we know their replies already?
    We're not all bad.

frostweaver said:
    However, the reverse of the current idea is quite nice... the "appreciated" threads can deserve some recognition, though we'll start another "War of PC-Political Correctness" again about that. The idea is nice if it's reversed, but too bad even that is just an idea, not something you can actually carry out.
    Who's to say that it won't actually happen? It is a good idea, I could eaisly see RPs, fics and other various things being better off in a 'good' version of UD then letting them just slip away.

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Odd you of all people would post here, especially with that last comment some assumptions could be drawn, but meh.

In response, I've actually seen forums that do just that—have a special forum for memorable threads.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    The problem with "memorable threads" is that a lot of members may start fighting about which threads are more memorable *has images of PMs saying "but this threads is MUCH more memorable than that thread"*

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Which is what he said, about a war over it and stuff.

Nothing works around here, cause everyone has to justify themselves, and the people who're supposed to put a stop to that deal with the same issues at a higher level.

Ahyuck.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Kairi said:
    Odd you of all people would post here, especially with that last comment some assumptions could be drawn, but meh.

In response, I?ve actually seen forums that do just that?have a special forum for memorable threads.

Oni was talking about "Land of Fruits and Nuts" so I decided to look into it a little bit myself ^^ Plus it's annoying how I have another section to minimize again.

Claire said it all about why a forum for memorable threads cannot work... and think of the craze to "oh I MUST get a thread started by me in there!" Oh the joy of another post count rush and reputation spam... little fame and funny numbers can do a lot to people. Certainly Kairi you remember how The One Above got a deep dive in the amount of activities per day just because it no longer counted for posts... Having a forum for memorable thread will create some crazy rush in one way or another judging from PC history...

In the end, I don't like the idea of just having the UD at all, be it for detestable or memorable threads...

EDIT: things may work here if the lounge takes a *VERY CLEAR* stand on how the lounge works... a "democratic hiearchy" is just silly.

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    *lol* Nice way to put it, +1 for oni.

Ahh, indeed, but it's here to stay. I wonder if this thread will get in there. ^_^

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    When someone puts an idea across, of course the higher staff pass opinions -it's our job, and we want PC to runs its best. No point in dragging other issues into it.

It's just an area to place spammy threads -it's no extra effort for anyone to put them there. The thought that it could help at least a couple of people who want examples is really enough, since it's no effort to put them there. If members really become that outraged being able to see spam threads, then it will be made invisible...it's honestly not a big deal, guys ^^;

Last edited:

Mandi

~♥~Angel At Heart~♥~
    Years
  • I think the Unknown Dungeon section is a very good addition to PC. Then new members can see what their posts shouldn't contain. Well done.

Back