• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Uprising: Liberating the Katsu Region [OOC Thread]

Liacri

moral support penguin
Years
  • *is tackled to the group by Zeph* Sure... help... yourself...

Welcome back, Sweet and RavenStar! ^^ I'd offer you a cookie, but I think Zeph mutilated them by accident.... T.T

I think I'll wait for Mira to post before I do so it can have more substance and less Audrey fluff. :3

Sweet Dreams

[I]are made of these~[/I]
    Years
  • But we like Audrey fluff, guys, don't we? *is greeted by silence*

...See? We like it. :P

I posted too, so Mira's the only one left. Come on, miss rpmaster, get your butt in action. :D

So, ravenstar. I don't think we've had a conversation yet. How are you?

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
  • Hey! I was gonna post something, but then y'all jumped in and made my post completely worthless... *mutters to self angrily and starts contemplating another post*

Anywho... I'll probably post something tonight... Maybe... *coughprobablynotcough*

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
  • Sorry about the cookies. As a way of saying sorry, I'll get all of you a whole box of them =D Because:

This is my 1,000th post! 4 digits - woohoo!

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
    Years
  • YAY! 1000th posttttt!!!! *Confetti*

*Cracks knuckles* Now we get to punch you 1000 times, once for every post!... right? :3

@Mira: Soooo... It's our fault? ;.;

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
  • Well... It's yours, Wolf. You should know by now that everything's your fault.

Anywho, I should be done today... At some point... >.>'....

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
  • Yeah, no problem! Just try to have your SU up as soon as possible, 'cause it will get harder to join as the RP progresses.

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    Ryoku: SU stands for your Sign Up.

Anyways Beo is walking around Chipper City so if anyone feels like bumping into him feel free, we can interact.

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2011

Name: Jason Rhinestone
    Appearance: Standing at a tall 6'3, Jason could be considered to be a "hunk" by some women. Unfornunately, this particular trait helps him stand out in crowds, a fact he doesn't like. Rhinestone is also a very nicely built man, possesing defined biceps, while his legs are normal sized. His skin is tanned as a result of his long journeys and his hair is spiked up, somewhat giving him an appearence of a younger man.

If you were to look at Jason right now, you would guess that he is a talkative and charming man. But his eyes tell the true story. They're a calming light blue with bags of stress lying right under them. However, you can only see them if you are within about a 3 foot range of Jason. Most will hardly ever see these eyes because of the obsidian black sunglasses that he often wears.

His walk and posture emits the confidence that he has within himself, but also give people the idea that he is stuck-up and rude. He only lets out a true smile occasionaly, but he'll give a brief grin when he thinks something is funny.

Most of the time, he'll wear different colors of a T-shirt that has a single pokeball right dab in the middle of the shirt, but is otherwise rather plain. He'll also often wear a black jacket with white and silver streaks on the side. To cover his legs, he wears a simple pair of slightly faded jeans held up by the belt that contains his pokemon.

Personality: Ever since his parents died, Jason has become a calm, quiet but suave figure that has exiled himself to studying Pokemon and taking care of his own. He is a very studious, well-read man and it shows whenever he chooses to speak. He holds many conflicting views with the way Katsu is run, but has decided that he isn't the type to go out and do something about it. He only has patience for the intelligent and rational, and he will not care for the rash and idiotic. Whenever he's angry, he holds it within instead of expressing it in a violent way(yelling,fighting).

From the way he cares about his Pokemon, you would guess that Jason is the charitable kind of person. You would guess wrong. He will never go out of his way to help someone unless he recieves somekind of benefit or reward in return, unless it's like a life or death situation(like someone hanging off a cliff or something). He does like to do daring things in order to gather more information about Pokemon though.

Rhinestone also never likes to give out long lectures about a particular subject, he instead chooses to get to the point rather quickly and briefly. He still manages to do this while talking in his signature laid-back, calm tone.

Background: (Their history: Born in Blackthorn of Johto, Jason was actually was once a spirited young boy with an eccentric, bright personality. These traits stemmed from his parents, his dad being a well-traveled Pokemon trainer who always had great stories to tell, and his mother a Hoenn-Born, Ribbon-Winning Contest participant. Many would say that they were the life of Blackthorn, which was considered just a quiet mountain town.

Everything was going great for Jason. Great grades in school, all the girls, and he recieved a Treecko for his 16th birthday. But Jason's older brother, Travis, was on the opposite side of the spectrum. He was considered the bad boy and rebel of school and quickly left Blackthorn with his Croagunk when he graduated high school. After Jason left high school, he left Blackthorn to pursue his dream of being a Pokemon Trainer. Grabbing all 8 of Johto's badges, Jason started to evolve into an elite trainer by the age of 19 when he lost in the championship round of the Johto Pokemon Leauge. Feeling that his mission in Johto was complete, Jason traveled to Katsu to gather the badges there. A year later, Jason was about to face the 8th and last Gym Leader of Katsu when he recieved the news that his parents died in an accident. Having no desire or strength left in him, Jason was easily beaten by the Gym Leader. Moving down to South Katsu after collecting his parents belongings, Jason started to intensely study Pokemon instead of getting involved in the battle scene again. When the goverment of Katus brought in the law of Pokemon Deportation, Jason refused to have his Pokemon taken, sucessfully battling off the PSX agents with the help of his rebellish, pokemon-possessing neighbor Barry Haller(Who will try to convince him to join the Uprising). Seeing that fighting them was a lost cause, the government left them alone.

At first, Jason chose to not to do anything about the rouge PSX invading the North, despite being one of the best battlers on the continent. But seeing the faces of his Pokemon and realizing how much they meant to him caused him to want to prevent anyone losing their companions because of a greedy group of men.

Additional Information: (Anything else?)

RP Sample: (A sample of a past RP or a sample of your writing that shows
    your style well.)

From a RPG I did on another board about a year ago:

A young Sam Daly, seemingly in his early teens, stared at the door of the Oreburgh Gym, confident about opposing Leader Roark in his first Gym Battle of his life.

Man, Roark doesn't stand a chance against me and Duskull!!! We'll wipe the floor with his rock Pokemon! He'll see…
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Requiem Pokemon slammed into Oreburgh Gym's hard, cold floor, not showing any chance of possibly recovering from Roark's Cranidos' powerful Head Smash attack. The devastated Sam rushed to the Ghost Pokemon's aide , concerned about his best friend. Roark calmly strolled over to Sam to try to confide in the broken trainer," You did really well, Sam. You and Duskull here swept my Onix and Geodude. Perhaps you might need another Pokemon so Duskull wouldn't have to tackle three Pokemon all by himself. Maybe that's something you'd consider." However, Roark's advice was no use, as the once naive Sam recalled the fainted Duskull and fled the scene, leaving Roark puzzled and confused.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The present day, 25-year-old Sam Daly snapped back into focus, remembering he was sitting in a chair in the Slagville Pokemon Center. His faithful Dusknoir hovered over him, giving the grinning Sam memories of when he was just a tiny Duskull who had a thing for scaring anyone who crossed his path. " Those were the days, Dusk, those were the days….."

Pokemon will come in a minute...

Nickname: Lyle
    Breed: Sceptile
    Moves: Dragon Claw, Aerial Ace, Energy Ball, Double Team
    Appearance: Red Scar over his right eye, is an abnormal 6'3(equal to Jason)
    Personality: Is the most mature and the leader out of Jason's Pokemon. Often keeps to himself(interacts with Jason often though) and easily the closest to Jason. He is also very close to Charlie, Jason's Garchomp.
    History: Jason recieved Lyle for his 16th birthday, but the little treecko was very hostile towards the teenager at first. By the time Jason graduated high school, the two were the closest of friends and have remained so ever since.
    Nickname: Charlie
    Breed: Garchomp
    Moves: Dragon Rush, Crunch, Poison Jab, Flamethrower
    Personality: Charlie is easily the most aggresive out of the group(that's why her moves are all damage moves)and she loves to fight. As a Gible, she was a rash Pokemon who rushed into battle without thinking. Lyle and Jason has taught her patience, and that trait has turned her into a formidable foe.
    History: Charlie was the 1st Pokemon Jason ever caught 12 years ago and she instanly took a liking to the rebel Lyle and his energetic trainer Jason. Charlie, Lyle, and Jason have been inseperable to this day.

Breed: Starmie
    Moves: Ice Beam, Recover, Swift, Reflect
    Personality: Starmie is very energetic and can never sit still. But despite that, Jason loves Starmie because of it's high intelligence, loyalty, and unique structure. It serves as the perfect Pokemon for him to study. It constanly annoys Lyle though, to the point where Lyle has to strike Starmie every once in a while.
    History: Starmie was the last Pokemon Jason caught on Johto, and has proved it's loyalty from the beginning. It was also an essential piece in Jason's Pokemon Leauge run.

Nickname: 'Phish
    Breed: Corphish
    Moves: Vicegrip, Bubblebeam, Protect, Harden
    Appearance: Is a Shiny Corphish
    Personality: Along with Starmie, Corphish is playful, energetic, and loves to play pranks on the Elder Pokemon. Phish's personality is what keeps Jason from being dull, as that playfulness somewhat rubs off on him. Phish also loves to battle and sometimes just rushes in to a fight without thinking.
    History: Phish was the first Pokemon Jason caught in Katsu, but has quickly become one of the closest to him despite the two being polar opposites.

Nickname: Hopper
    Breed: Politoed
    Moves: Hyper-Voice, Hypnosis, Brick Break, Bubblebeam
    Personality: Hopper is part of the dynamic trio of him, Phish, and Starmie that loves to play around. But at least Hopper also helps around the house and gets along with the older Pokemon.
    History: Hopper is the most recently caught out of all of Jason's Pokemon, but instanly fit in. Jason rescued it from an attack by a roaming Houndoom not too far away from his house.

Breed: Noctowl
    Moves: Sky Attack, Extrasensory, Hypnosis, Air Slash
    Personality: Noctowl is an extremely inteligent and observative Pokemon. It is quick-thinking and always alerts Jason when something strange comes up.
    History: Noctowl was one of the Pokemon Jason caught in Johto and was a big part of his Pokemon Leauge Run. She is now heavily involved in his studies and has become the best friend of Essence.
    Additional information: (Anything else?)

Pokemon that will stay at home:

Nickname: Soze
    Breed: Ampharos
    Moves: Discharge, Hyper Beam, Thunder, Rain Dance
    Personality: Soze doesn't do anything. It's very, very powerful, but it refuses to fight. He'll never accept Jason as his master and often just wanders off to get away from him(he always comes back). He'll never think of Jason as the trainer his father was.
    History: Soze was Jason's father signature Pokemon, and Jason inherited it after his death. Soze took the death as hard as Jason did, and never thought Jason could live up to his old master. He still continues to refuse to listen to Jason today, 12 years away from Mr. Rhinestone's death. It's suprising that he even stays, not even Jason can understand why.

Nickname: Essence
    Breed: Gardevoir
    Moves: Psychic, Double Team, Calm Mind, Magical Leaf
    Personality: Gardevoir was his mother's favorite Pokemon, and took it in as something to remember her by. Gardevoir gets along with everyone, but does not like battling. She is the most intelligent(and oldest) out of all the Pokemon and loves to help Jason with his studies. She will stay behind when Jason leaves with the Uprising.

Nickname: Xavier
    Breed: Scizor
    Moves: X-Scissor, Double Team, Razor Wind, Night Slash
    Personality: Scizor is a fierce and relentless fighter, and will never back down from a challenge. His loyalty to Jason is only rivaled by Lyle and Charlie.
    History: Jason caught Scizor as a Scyther in Johto, and he was a key figure of Jason's Leauge Run.

Nickname: Pierre
    Breed: Rhyperior
    Moves; Earthquake, Hammer Arm, Take Down, Stone Edge
    Personality: Like Jason, Pierre is very calm and laid-back. Some probably could call him lazy, but he still gets the job done. Pierre also knows that he is the strongest of all of Jason's Pokemon, and has a certain swagger about him.
    History: Jason caugh Pierre as a Rhydon in Johto, where the powerful Ground Pokemon was the strongest figure of Jason's team.

Nickname: Miley
    Breed: Milotic
    Moves: Aqua Tail, Aqua Ring, Attract, Ice Beam
    Personality: Miley is the beauty of the team. There's nothing more kind and loving than her, and her elegance makes her stand out.
    History: Miley is the second most recent Pokemon Jason has captured, and is often a subject of Jason's studies.

Last edited:

Liacri

moral support penguin
    Years
  • @Zeph;; Aw, thanks. x3

@Sweet;; xD Either way, it's a pain in the neck for me to write.

Anyway, I'll put together a post at some point, once I find enough to write about that's not just more unnecessary happy rants. ^^'

Years
  • :D I love this roleplay.

Oh hey. Sorry if I missed it earlier or something, but, when am I allowed to bring in Klaus? He's somewhat directionally challenged, so it would make sense for him to bump into everyone at basically any point along the way.... but it'd also make sense if he was lost in Chipper City, given how Issac pointed out that it has a confusing layout. XD

OH, and, if I can keep up with the roleplay enough, I totally have another character that I could add in. o,o But I should make sure these guys are well grounded first before I do that, probably. XDD

Where exactly is the roleplay going right now?~

Last edited:

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
    Years
  • Hey everybody, just dropping in to say that if my spot is still open, I'll be getting a sign up...umm...up...as soon as possible. (Writer's block sucks >_<" )

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
  • Skymin: No, I don't like you. *sigh* Sure...

TrueMastermind: Your SU looks good to me! Just two things I need changed: your character's jacket shouldn't have a PokeBall on it (the shirt itself can obviously be covered by the jacket, but the jacket's rather obvious), and you need to add something in your History about what your character did back when the government of Katsu made the law ordering the deportation of all Pokemon. Other than that, you're accepted.

RavenStar: Sure, you may insert him. If you have trouble keeping up, though, I'll have to turn him into a dead body NPC, though. Right now we're just trying to get through the night... But we'll be heading northward toward a PXS base in the morning.

dream's-epilogue: I suppose... Just try to get it up relatively soon, k? x3

Years
  • RavenStar: Sure, you may insert him. If you have trouble keeping up, though, I'll have to turn him into a dead body NPC, though. Right now we're just trying to get through the night... But we'll be heading northward toward a PXS base in the morning.

Rofl. Poor Klaus. I might wait on bringing him into the picture for fear that I will not be able to keep up and make the poor guy suffer the NPC fate. D:

lol.

For some reason, though, I want to bring him in and somehow get some kind of love triangle going somewhere. Just because those are always fun and cause chaos. But I think it's just because I like Les Miserables and the Eponine plotline waaaay too much.

Thanks for clearing things up! I was confuzzled.

Back