• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Water Cube: Whirl Cup Tournament

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
    Username: Angela
    Friend Code: 090-1425-6521
    How long have you been battling on PC? Since May:D
    What's your battling availability like? (example: "I can battle Mon-Fri anytime after 4pm EST, and whenever I'm online on the weekends!") I can battle after 5 pm every week day, GMT0
    Why do you want to be apart of the Whirl Cup Championships? Because I like the idea, and Water types are one of my favorite types:D

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    Username: Angela
    Friend Code: 090-1425-6521
    How long have you been battling on PC? Since May:D
    What's your battling availability like? (example: "I can battle Mon-Fri anytime after 4pm EST, and whenever I'm online on the weekends!") I can battle after 5 pm every week day, GMT0
    Why do you want to be apart of the Whirl Cup Championships? Because I like the idea, and Water types are one of my favorite types:D

Sorry, Angela, we're currently in the midst of a tournament, but you're definitely on the list for tourney #2!

In the mean time, I'd like to announce the completion of round one! Now, this is going to be kind of strange, the way I've accepted people into round two. I'll run through it:

Mukkamoto, junoliv, reaper121, snowpanther

^--These four have gotten through by winning enough matches

Volkner's Apprentice, -Kairyu, Blizzard Master(inactive)

^--These have gotten through by having enough matches.

And with that, I also added a wildcard with Gars129, provided of course your wifi stays stable. As well as Master Krillin due to Blizzard's inactivity.

Since everyone else went like 0-1, 0-4, or didn't show up for matches in time, I apologize, but we have to get the tournament rolling. If the Elite Eight goes well, we'll have another tournament started right after (hopefully by like, two weeks tops!)

Good luck in your matches guys, the bracket has been posted on the front page. I won't put a time limit on it yet, in hopes you guys are amped to finish them. XD

Also, before the beginning of the second tournament, I'll be sure to give a longer sign-up period so everyone can have their 3 Pokemon fully ready by the time things get rolling. That way we'll have more matches: speaking of which, don't forget the Quarter-finals and Semi-finals are 5v5 (but I'll opt for 4v4 if anyone wishes it to be that. But both sides have to agree.)

Last edited:

Junoliv

'Luv ur pokemon' how pathetic
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2021
    hey master krillan lets get this thing going. pm me when ur on

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    why am i not in the quarter finals?
    i did qualify right?

O_O You should be on there Mukka, I'll double check? At the very least, you're listed up above in that post I made.

EDIT: My baaaad. Instead of that, I'm going to have Gars129 fight Junoliv. Mukka, you'll be facing reaper121 to keep the group thing even.

About what time is reaper usually?

He's England, so he's GMT regular I believe. But now you're fighting Junoliv, ^_^. Sorry about the confusion, just VM your opponent to figure out a specific time of the week to battle.

Master Krillin, lemme know when you're ready. ;)

Last edited:

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    This is taking longer than expected..

Junoliv, since Gars hasn't checked in here nor has he posted on your wall in some time, I'll grant you the win unless he checks in wanting to fight before Friday.

As for Kairyu/snowpanther and reaper/Mukka, do try to schedule specific battle times. Such as "Wednesday, 8pm EST, be there!"

Just pick a time when you know you're gonna be scrolling PC and get it done. That way even if I have to extend the deadline, I won't have to do it for too long.

And as a side note, for those of you wondering why more Mono-type tournaments such as this aren't popping up by me or the ESO crew, it's because the Whirl Cup is a special design tournament and it's original. I'd prefer it if "fire ladders" and "grass games" don't go appearing like..ever. I chose Water because it has one of the most dual-type Pokemon choices and they are very versatile with movesets and stats. Other types just wouldn't do nearly as well and I will not consider them.

Besides, having the Whirl Cup as a unique oasis of battling is nice, no?

GoldenBagon

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2017
    hey volkner whens the next cup starting and whens this one finishing cos im working on a team that should do really well

Detox

Oh yeah, Me and Snowy had wifi difficultys, but he was winning before it cut off so you can give him the win.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    hey volkner whens the next cup starting and whens this one finishing cos im working on a team that should do really well

The next one will finish very soon! I don't know what to do about reaper and Mukka...they both live in England, yet they can't get online at the same time even over the holidays. >_>

They're the only match we're waiting for, then we have the semi-finals and finals to do.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    The next one will finish very soon! I don't know what to do about reaper and Mukka...they both live in England, yet they can't get online at the same time even over the holidays. >_>

They're the only match we're waiting for, then we have the semi-finals and finals to do.

Im really sorry, but whenever im on Reaper isnt, its hard XD
    but i will keep trying.

Back