• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The "WTF" Moment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Lyra's Marill evolved. 7 times. Plus when I go check on it it's a MARILL!!!!
    That happened to me before. D: Lyra called me saying her Marill evolved. I was like, ":)" and decided to go look. I go there, it's still a friggin' Marill.

LYRA IS A DIRTY LIAR! >:O

Years
  • That happened to me before. D: Lyra called me saying her Marill evolved. I was like, ":)" and decided to go look. I go there, it's still a friggin' Marill.

LYRA IS A DIRTY LIAR! >:O

Either that, or shes got like 500 marrills and every time we go to look she gets another marrill out of her box XD

Cheyanne

I have Yusei Fudo's Zorua.
    Years
  • Didn't read this whole thread but while surfing toward Mahogany town...I encounted Entei U.U

blendaz

Yo, Champ in the making!
    Years
  • When I KO'd Lugia with one hit with Slash and I forgot to save before I started the battle so I had to go to there again to catch Lugia and I caught it with the first great ball! Lol!

Oh and when I caught Entei with a fast ball the first time I encountered it near Ecruteak city xD

I had some WTF moments ... yeah :D

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Ethan has called me twice to tell me that my Totodile will like it if I walk it on route 30. Thing is, I started with Cyndaquil:/

And Rival/Silver says "Why so serious?" when he's down to his last Pokemon in the Goldenrod underground battle. I LOL'ed.

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2010
    I caught Lugia first try with one Ultra ball (although it's health was in the red), and Suicune with the second Ultra ball.

I've never had this type of luck catching legendaries before but... now I've posted about it, I know getting the rest of them will be ridiculously hard :D

And Rival/Silver says "Why so serious?" when he's down to his last Pokemon in the Goldenrod underground battle. I LOL'ed.

^ Same here. Heh.

blendaz

Yo, Champ in the making!
    Years
  • LOL! I decided to play the game on an emulator (my DS is kinda ... out of battery xD) and for a starter I got A SHINY TOTODILE!
    It's really nice! How lucky am I today, eh? So kewl!
    21bkb3m.png

Never happened to me before ... I like this aqua color! I love my starter =^^=

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    Training Tyrogue against pathetic Level 2 Rattata...

Rattata used Tail Whip!
    Tyrogue used Tackle! Tyrogue missed!
    Rattata used Tail Whip!
    Rattata used Tail Whip!
    Rattata used Tackle! Critical Hit! Tyrogue fainted.

BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH

blendaz

Yo, Champ in the making!
    Years
  • Training Tyrogue against pathetic Level 2 Rattata...

Rattata used Tail Whip!
    Rattata used Tail Whip!
    Rattata used Tail Whip!

BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH
    Phahahaha :D
    That made my day LOL! XD

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • 1. Facing Lugia for the first time. It was at school, and I decided to give the guys watching a wtf moment, so I KO'd it right off the bat, then saved. They didn't know I could go back for it later, so I won that day.

2. Catching Suicune . . . in English class, with Kagamine Rin playing on my iPod. It was just a weird experience, because, y'know, English class. @_@

3. Earl: "So, want to be a winner is you?"

4. I came out of Victory Road, paused briefly to heal and save, and charged into the E4 for the lulz. I made it all the way to Karen and her Houndoom on limited items and low levels. The E4 are so easy!

5. Eusine, every time he opens his mouth.

Vindel

Team Rocket's Worst Nightmare
    Years
  • Just recently, I found Zapdos. I used a single Dragon Rush on him with my 55 Garchomp, then threw one Ultra-Ball and caught him. At first I was like "wtf? did this seriously happen?"

I always found Legendaries to be very hard to catch.

EDIT:
    Training Tyrogue against pathetic Level 2 Rattata...

Rattata used Tail Whip!
    Rattata used Tail Whip!
    Rattata used Tail Whip!

BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH

Was it Joey's Rattata? :P That's epic.

Destiny Bond

Daddow entelechies
    Years
  • its all not really that WTF, but my pokemon was like on 6 health, and I used a 1-hit KO move to the oponents pokemon at full heath and it worked!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    I guess that could be rather infuriating; when I got to Olivine, I neglected to remember that Jasmine was the sixth Gym Leader, not to mrntion that I couldn't find the damn door to the area of the Lighthouse that she was in. A friend who had played the originals told me to face Chuck. Then, I didn't remember that I had Surf, so there was more confusion than there needed to be. Then, when I got back to Olivine, I still couldn't find the damn door to Jasmine! When I finally found it, I did an epic facepalm.

That happened to me, too. I actually had to get a walkthrough to figure out how to get up there... I felt so stupid. I don't remember it being that hard in G/S/C.

LilacArcanine

Aiber Enthusiast
    Years
  • Battling Lance- his Dragonite was about to finish off my red-health Gyarados with Waterfall, but it somehow MISSED and I got it :D

Bear in mind that Waterfall has a 100 per cent accuracy rate and I wasn't using any attacks to dodge.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    Battling wild Zubat...

Zubat used Supersonic!
    Magby got confused!
    Magby hurt itself in confusion!
    Zubat used Leech Life!
    Magby is confused, Magby hurt itself in confusion!
    Zubat used Leech Life!
    Magby hurt itself in confusion! Magby fainte-*throws DS into volcano*

I have TERRIBLE luck today ;-;

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2010
    Ampharos vs. Xatu, both pokemon are paralyzed
    Ampharos is unable to attack because of paralysis
    Xatu uses confuse ray
    Ampharos is confused, hurts its self in confusion
    Ampharos is unable to attack because of paralysis
    Xatu uses psychic
    Ampharos is confused, hurts its self in confusion