• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The "WTF" Moment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 21, 2011
    My WTF moment is that I caught the majority of my legendaries with Pokeballs.

Omn

Moogle King
    Years
  • My wtf moment was when i was going for suicune i got it down two health it was asleep and confused because of butterfrees confusion. I was going to get down to one health when it woke up hit itself and then butterfree murdered it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2013
    I have two

First, fighting Suicune in Heart Gold, have 28 ultra balls. Get its health down low, confuse it. Suddenly... "It hurt it self in confusion!" and it faints. And that was like the 5TH TIME I'd attempted catch Suicune (KOed it the other times. Had to reset)

Second, Fighting L.T. Surge. He sends out Magneton. Magneton keeps on raising it's evasiviness and my attacks always miss. This goes on for ten minutes. I finally land a hit and get it's health down to red. Then... "L.T. Surge used a full restore." At this point, I pop the game out of the DS and shut off the power.

Years
  • I was chasing raikou and after weakening him to red HP i deicded to use sleep powder. it worked and raikou fell asleep. then ran. i swear to god i sat there for about 5 minutes thinking "this is typical. put it down and breathe. now, WTF WAS THAT?"

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • Here's one from last night:

So I'm on that route leading up to Mt. Silver. I decided I didn't want to walk to the base of the mountain, so I would just fly there. Turns out you can't >_<

So I fly further away from the mountain to the front of the building that leads to the victory road. Now I can fly to the base of the mountain..... *facepalm*

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2015
    my story:

"a wild roaming *legendary* appeared"
    throws a pokeball,
    throws a pokeball,
    20 minutes later... bump,bump,bump, the pokeball opens, *shoot it was so close too.*
    every time.. >.<

another story:
    lalalalala, walking on the grass/ cave. lala, almost there. im almost to the next town!!.....
    omg "a wild pidgey/ sentret/ rattata, whatever appears" again, and again, and again.

Years
  • I was chasing raikou and after weakening him to red HP i decided to use sleep powder. it worked and raikou fell asleep. then ran. i swear to god i sat there for about 5 minutes thinking "this is typical. put it down and breathe. now, WTF WAS THAT?"

It was SLEEP WALKING! XD

That happened to me, too, when I tried catching Cresselia in Platinum. Now, I have to use Mean Look. >,<

I take forever to catch a certain Pokemon. After catching it, I run into the same pokemon, but at a higher level! Darn! :0 I hate that. >,< I don't like catching the same Pokemon twice.

Years
  • Mine would be a portion of my battle against Morty. I accidentally sent out my low-leveled Eevee and I was like, "Ok, I'll just use it to get a turn to use a revive or something." I did, and Morty's pokemon used Mean Look so I couldn't switch out after that. "Ok. I'll wait for him to knock Eevee out." All Eevee knew were Normal type attacks, so I just kept using Growl and Tail Whip. All of Morty's Sucker Punches failed, and he didn't seem to have any non-ghost type attacks. It took what felt like a half hour for his pokemon to knock itself out. -_- Sure, I probably won the fight because of that, but I hate it when it takes forever.

Another would be when I was trying to catch Lugia and I kept accidentally knocking it out. D: After that, it took like 9 or 10 retries to finally catch the thing with an Ultra Ball.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • Mine would be a portion of my battle against Morty. I accidentally sent out my low-leveled Eevee and I was like, "Ok, I'll just use it to get a turn to use a revive or something." I did, and Morty's pokemon used Mean Look so I couldn't switch out after that. "Ok. I'll wait for him to knock Eevee out." All Eevee knew were Normal type attacks, so I just kept using Growl and Tail Whip. All of Morty's Sucker Punches failed, and he didn't seem to have any non-ghost type attacks. It took what felt like a half hour for his pokemon to knock itself out. -_- Sure, I probably won the fight because of that, but I hate it when it takes forever.

Same exact thing happened with my Togepi, for the same reasons and the same attacks (charm instead of tail whip). That's a WTF moment in itself. o_o

myrrh25

New account soon.
    Years
  • When I battled Lugia, sent out Umbreon and sand-attacked it until it couldnt be sand-attacked anymore, switched to Farfetchd and False-Swiped it down to 1hp, switched to Weepinbell and sleeped it with Sleep Powder, I must've used Sleep Powder about 7 times, and used about 30 Ultra Balls, no catch, then it killed itself with Struggle. I used this tactic THREE FREAKING TIMES, and guess what? THREE FREAKING TIMESit killed itself with Struggle. I hate you GameFreak.

Years
  • Oh, another one. Frankly I'm still puzzled about this ever since I found it during the story, but it's just so stupid.

Snapshot

Can someone tell me how to get this hidden item without a Walk over Walls cheat? Someone at the development team forgot about this, lol.

EDIT: Nevermind. I can't believe only now I've noticed it's a FENCE, not a WALL. It can be reached from the other side. *facepalm*

Last edited:

MudkipRush!!!

Epic Fail Trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2010
    Togetic used Metronome!
    Togetic used Explosion!
    The foe's Dragonite evaded the attack. (Had started flying earlier that turn.)
    Togetic fainted.
    _____ is out of useable pokemon!
    _____ blacked out!

zommy08

Crimson Trainer
    Years
  • In the Battle Factory, I used Kangaskhan, Toxicroak and Metagross. Kangaskhan was up against Mismagius. He COULD have destroyed me. He only needed to knock out 7 HP and he was faster than me. Of course not, he used Shadow Ball. :P Crunch then obliterated Mismagius. :P WHAT WAS HE EXPECTING? That I had a Quick Claw and was using Flare Blitz?!

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    My Level 79 Garchomp uses outrage on lances garchomp and OHKOs it with no critical hit. I verse him later at level 82 and use outrage and he lives 0_o damage is wrong in this game often

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    The damage varies quite often. Sometimes it will hit stronger or weaker than usual. That's no biggie.

A WTF moment for me would be Lugia hitting me 5 times in a row after I lowered it's accuracy to it's maximum.

Dudypokefan89

Gen II fanboy / Loving Nidoking rn
    Years
  • This is a good one:

Last night, i tryed to train my underleveled team by taking on the E4. to my suprise, i beat will.

"Well, i stratigized, i was lucky..."

I beat Koga

"Of course. hello! Typhlosion and Ho-oh are on my team!"

I beat Bruno

" ok, i might win this! bring in Lance!"

I beat that chick with dark types

"That was hard but i won! bring on lance now!"

I beat lance....hardest match ever!

Down to garados, he beat 3 dragonites with blizzard and hydro pumped Charizard.

" I won...i frigging won! who would have thought that i didn't need...what...Donphan? where is?

WTF Moment: 1 EXTRA SPACE IN MY TEAM!!!! I COULD HAVE USED AN EXTRA POKEMON ON MY TEAM TOO!!!

Celest8

Lance/Wataru's Stalker
    Years

Hahaha I went through something similar during my Morty battle. I had all of my strongest Pokemon lined up, and a strategy planned out in my head. When all of my Pokemon except Pidgey are KO'd by Shadow Ball, I think "I'm screwed". But then I realize that he can do absolutely nothing to hurt Pidgey. So my level 8 Pidgey won that battle for me. It took suuuch a long time though..

MudkipManiac

U herd I leik Mudkips?
    Years
  • uhh where to start?
    i hatched a snorlax egg and it came out stil a snorlax
    i almost took out the lvl 70 mewtwo with a lvl 36 gengar but then i caught it
    when i was tryin to catch ugia, zapdos, ho-oh, and articuno, i was sayin the whole time, "cmon (insert legendary bird here) we need to go on an adventure" lol

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Some of the phone calls I get on the Pokegear are just downright ridiculous... XD

*Minun*

Loves ponies, hates phonies
    Years
  • I was trying to catch Articuno.

My Togekiss had got it to 1 health and I was wai\ting for Articuno to KO it so i could get a free shot with Noctowl's hypnosis.

So, to waste time I thought I'd throw Pokeballs i still had from teh start of the game and caught it with the first one.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back