• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The "WTF" Moment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azure-Supernova

Trainer of mediocre Champions!
Years
  • Just had another WTF moment second ago... before I get the masterball I see Raikou and Entei everywhere! Then I have it and I can't chase them down! I use it and then low and behold I start seeing them all over the place.... why?

(I managed to snag em with regular Pokéballs eventually)

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I was giving a Haunter up for another Haunter on the GTS (evolution purposes). I checked back after a few hours and found that I had indeed received a Haunter! I was so happy, I couldn't wait for it to evolve.

I took it out, but it didn't evolve. I checked its summery and found that it was holding an Everstone...

I was like WTF!?!?!?!?!?! :pink_pissed:

Later I searched for a Haunter instead and found someone who was making the Haunter for Haunter trade. So I just traded the Everstone Haunter (Everstone removed, of course) and got a Gengar for my PokeDex!

hack1

Dragon Green
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2015
    1. My Weepiinbell outspeeded Ho-Oh and Sleep Powdered it. After 2 Ultra Balls it was caught.

2. Oak mentioned Rattata 3 times in Pokemon Talk O.o

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Feebas can't evlove in HG or SS due to the contest states not being in the game. You have to traded it to Diamond,Pearl, or Platinum and THEN level it up.

Anyway,On SS, my Pychic type mono type team pretty much beasts.
    But when I put them on PBR, all of the got 1-hit KOed by a chimchar.WOW. What?

I beg to differ.
    I evolved a Feebas on my SS just fine.

JTrainer

I care about my Pokemon
    Years
  • OK, get this. I'm EV training Rhyperior near Fuschia city, and a shiny Pidgeotto pops out. I switch to my Gardevoir so I could will-o-wisp it and catch it, and the dang thing uses whirlwind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was like AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!! A shiny and I didn't even have the opportunity to catch it!!!

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
  • I caught two Natus. Female, and a male, and then I caught two smeargles, Female, and a male.
    I saved the game, and then a minute after my DS freezes.
    I load the game back up and apparently the save data didn't load T_T

Darkmoonazara

Dousuta Sora? Mou Ariga?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2011
    I'll say WTH (h for heck) since i don't swear.

My moments seem to come frequently... Lyra/Ethan keeps calling and says her Marill evolved into Azumarill, so i go to her house to check it out... No azumarill... Just marill... unevolved... that liar!

Another one actually belongs to a friend's sister in a different game. They were facing a legendary pokemon and have no hack systems whatsoever. They use a regular pokeball. they don't press anything. It goes in and stays in.

A recent wth moment is with my togepi's metronome. Whenever I use it, it is usually some really rare, legendary attack, like Spacial rend, or Dark Void, but the most common is Trump Card.

redsaber5859

Banned
    Years
  • I try to catch ledgendaries saving my master ball for the hardest, until I check my box
    Rayquaza heavy ball
    Aricuno poke ball
    Zapdos great ball
    Mewtwo ultra ball
    Sinjoh giratina poke ball
    Groudon ultra ball
    Suicune ultra ball
    Moltres ultra ball
    Lugia dusk ball
    Ho oh GREAT BALL AT LV 70
    raikou poke ball
    Entai quick ball

WTF??? What the he'll do I use master ball on???

zommy08

Crimson Trainer
    Years
  • I was helping my friend get the Blue Orb for Kyogre so we went north of Cherrygrove. He didn't have any repels, but then... Wild ENTEI appeared!

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • my lv. 17 Honchkrow defeated a level 44 Beedrill and if that wasn't enough, it only gained 2 levels, I was expecting a bit more considering the level difference.

yvette

Heyyyyyyy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    I was at the Dragon Den shrine place, and I talked to the elder, not knowing the correct answers for an ExtremeSpeed Dratini. So I go ahead and pick some random ones (love 'n peace 'n all that), go out and get the TM from Claire and go back. He gives me the Dratini, and I went "O CRAP I FORGOT TO SOFT-RESET FOR A FEMALE (breeding purposes)". The Dratini turned out to be female and an ExtremeSpeed one~~ hooray for random luck.

Another one, I was doing the Bug Catching Competition yesterday. The first Pokemon I encounter--Scyther. I got second place.

And an Everstone.

WTF POKEMON.

I was at the end of the Victory Road Tunnel leading to the Johto E4, and I realized that my rival was going to battle me at the end. Luckily, I saved before. Unfortunately for me, the first Pokemon old rival sent out was Magneton. I have a huge issue with Electric types, 'specially half Steel types like this one, because I don't have very good Rock types to combat 'em. Decided to use my level 33 Sudowoodo--KO'd the thing. I only won because Magneton didn't confuse my Sudowoodo, lol. In fact, that's how I won the entire match. Just KO after KO.

Second: caught Lugia with a Great Ball on my first try. Yay!

Last edited:

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • I was up late last night training my new team, I was going to do a bug catching competition (it was tuesday) but then I went to go sign up and it had passed midnight so it was now wednesday and I couldn't do bug catching competition anymore D:

Years
  • For me it was trading my Pinsir in GTS for a Scyther, the only bug type pokemon that I want so badly. I checked back this morning and found that I had a successful trade. Then as I looked at it I realized I traded my American Pinsir for a Japanese Scyther. Then I realized that the Scyther was 2 lvls ahead of the pinsir so it wasn't that bad.

adamskillz

Trainer to the STARS!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2010
    Me and my buddy were playing in class and he wanted to get to the E4 as soon as possible so he decided he would KO Lugia and come back to it later.

He starts the battle and turns to me and says "Somethings wrong with the Lugia"

IT WAS SHINY!

so he didnt kill it he caught it.

...and i currently have this lugia on my HG

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I caught a Scyther in the Bug Catching contest and I got beaten by a weedle that was the same level. -.- FAIL

Blaze The Hedgehog

The Flaming Wolf!
    Years
  • I was doing the bug-catching contest, and I caught a Venonat. So I ended it pretty early as I really couldn't be bothered.

Third place went to Venonat. Not mine. So I thought 'Hey, I might come second'.
    Second went to Scyther. So I thought 'Someone must have caught Pinsir'.
    First place went to Venonat. MY VENONAT.

Pure WTF moment. Now it's a level 47 Venomoth named Spores.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I caught a Scyther in the Bug Catching contest and I got beaten by a weedle that was the same level. -.- FAIL
    If it was at low health, that contributes to the score.

Also, how'd you know that it was the same level?

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2010
    I was playing Pokemon HG for 2 days, and raikou appears out of nowhere. I was on the cam with my gf, and showed her. She said "Throw a pokéball for fun." I had a fast ball, and some other ones, and i just picked the fast ball randomly without thinking.

And caught a level 40 Raikou, on full hp, with my highest pokémon being a level 29 graveler.

Lololol.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back