• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The "WTF" Moment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2010
    Not much to say, but i remember soft resetting about 30 odd times trying to catch HO-OH without using the master ball. I paralyzed it, put it to sleep, used false swipe till it was down to 1HP and no matter how ultra balls i threw, it was not happening!

Caught HO-OH with one ultra-ball, all i had to do was make it sleep, and take it to half health.

Leo7507

~иєνєя єи∂ιиg нανσc~
    Years
  • I was just about to fight the last Team Rocket Executive in the Observation Deck, and Baoba calls me! He says something like I need to catch a Pokemon in the Safari Zone.

So random!

Tatsuo-san

<[Aye, aye, dood!]>
    Years
  • A few minutes ago, when I was going to rebattle Pokemon League(with all 16 badges) I've finally arrived to the Champion's Room. I decided to choose Ampharos level 68, because I thought that Lance is still has a bunch of Dragonites. But when the battle started I've seen... SALAMENCE LEVEL 72?! I screamed a lot, because that was deadly and I wasn't prepared for this. It was like "WTF, dude, what's happened to your Dragonites?!". :D It was a pretty tough battle, and I haven't trained enough for Champ. But anyway I've beat him! :)

EPIC Shedinja Hollow

Fallen Angel
    Years
  • When I was battling Eusine for the first time, I wasn't prepared for the battle, and I was losing. 4 of my six Pokemon fainted, and all that was left was an HM slaved that I hadn't trained... so I sent my Goldeen out, chanting to myself that it wasn't gonaa live against the Electrode that was out, even though its HP was fairly low. Well... Thunder misses and my level 17 Goldeen kills Electrode, netting me the win. XD Wtf?

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Getting a Level 100 Haunter for my Level 25 Haunter. I put it up as a joke. It had the item and everything. I wanted to evolve mine via the successful trade glitch. I shouldn't have put it up for another Haunter. I did leave it there for a week, no Wi0Fi acess for that time. It's sad, I lost my Pokemon :( and got this:

GGengar, now Haunter - Level 100
    "Apparently met at Level 13" Old Chateu -
    AttK: 160
    Def: 184
    Sp.Atk: 320
    Sp.Def: 144
    Speed: 259

Probably a hack :(

What,, the, fog?!

EPIC Shedinja Hollow

Fallen Angel
    Years
  • I remembered another moment. This one was on the shoddy servers at smogon. I was in a UU battle with someone, and my lead was a Sceptile. His lead had ice beam (sadly, I don't remember what it was...), and I was waiting for Sceptile to faint, only notice that my ultra gimmicky Bright Powder kicked in. I was like ">.> .... Free Rock Slide? :D" Ice beam missed 2 more times after that. XD It was hax... My Sceptile KO'd his lead and rage quit on me. LOL

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2011
    I think the wierdest WTF moment I have had so far is when I was running around disguised at a Team Rocket member, and some old dude in the Department Store was like "Team Rocket has no business shopping here... we don't sell sanity!"

Wiiiiiierd!

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2010
    My WTF moment was when i caught Mewtwo with a pokeball with 1/2 of his health. I was just like WTF?!?!?! But i'm not complaining

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    Mine latest one is when you look at you pokemon and click A. It said my pokemon yawned loudly I was like lol.

iForever

~ Forver Memory ~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2010
    ~ KEKE!

When I was battling Lugia, got it to 10 HP or less then used only ONE Poke ball! :cer_boogie:

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2018
    First WTF moment for me was when I first faced Lance in HG, and his Gyrados made my Ampharos flinch 4 times in a row with Waterfall. That's .1*.1*.1*.1 which is 1/10000 chance of happening. He must be holding a king's rock!

jab2033

Exit Light, Enter Night
    Years
  • I decided to try the bug-catching contest and caught a lv13 Sycther. I think I got this made, with Scyther being one of the best pokemon to catch in the contest.

I don't remember 3rd place. 2nd was a Pinser, so I'm like, "yes, i've got this!" 1st place...

CATERPIE!! A freakin' Caterpie!

WTF???

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • First WTF moment for me was when I first faced Lance in HG, and his Gyrados made my Ampharos flinch 4 times in a row with Waterfall. That's .1*.1*.1*.1 which is 1/10000 chance of happening. He must be holding a king's rock!
    It's actually a 20% chance for flinch with Waterfall, I believe. Nonetheless 0.2^4 = 0.0016, or 0.16% chance, so certainly unlikely. (But if you consider how many people would have played HGSS and gotten up to there then, it becomes somewhat likely it would happen to someone I guess).

I decided to try the bug-catching contest and caught a lv13 Sycther. I think I got this made, with Scyther being one of the best pokemon to catch in the contest.

I don't remember 3rd place. 2nd was a Pinser, so I'm like, "yes, i've got this!" 1st place...

CATERPIE!! A freakin' Caterpie!

WTF???
    I''ll add that the Bug Catching competition depends not only on the Pokemon but the health it has remaining when caught, so you can actually win with a Catepie if it is at a high level/near max HP. Not that it isn't weird. =p

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    ^Very true. If memory serves me right I remember catching a full health butterfree and winning the contest while the runner-up had a butterfree as well.

Years
  • On D/P When your in the battle frontier you don't get there data, Now, Expecting better, I was there in HG/SS For SIX HOURS, I even ordered a Kebab too celebrate nearly finishing my Dex BUT, It wasn't there! Fury! (The Kebab also tasted great thought ;D )

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
  • On D/P When your in the battle frontier you don't get there data, Now, Expecting better, I was there in HG/SS For SIX HOURS, I even ordered a Kebab too celebrate nearly finishing my Dex BUT, It wasn't there! Fury! (The Kebab also tasted great thought ;D )

Well that makes sense actually, if the Battle Frontier let you register Pokédex Data, (Especially in the battle factory) it would defeat the purpose of having to actually search, evolve, and trade to complete the Pokédex, now wouldn't it? ;)

dyenguard

Burst of Flame!
    Years
  • Im not sure which pokemon I used, but I attacked a snorlax with a critical hit flamethrower, and not even an eighth of its health went down D:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back