• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The "WTF" Moment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fithboy

The Lego Man
Years
  • I decided to catch Ho-oh. Once I got it weekend

Oh. I caught mine on a Thursday.

My biggest WTF moment I can remember right now was when my level 36 Charizard got a critical hit with Ember on Entei. It was the first time I ran into Entei and I managed to KO it.

It was a good thing I saved a few minutes before that.

Now that's a real WTF! If the first time you saw Entei was that late in the game you must have been purposefully avoiding it!

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2015
    "Wtf" was pretty much my reaction when I found out I couldn't buy coins in the Game Corner and actually had to play the game. I was not amused. >.>

Kitrigar

Butt Puncher
    Years
  • I was just playing on my friend's Platinum to help him beat the Battle Tower.
    I got bored of the battle tower so I flew to Floaroma Town to just run around to catch some Pokemon he didn't have.
    The first encounter was a shiny Buizel. WTF.
    Now, he won't let me have it. :(

Years
  • my WTF moment hapend yesterday so, i was rebattling Bugsy cause i needed to train my snorlax to lv 61 like the rest of my party only i took out ho-oh and got groudon so i use eruption at full health 244 and her vespiquen survived i was like WTF?!?!?!

Moonlord

The ........MewTwo
    Years
    • LA
    • Seen Feb 6, 2011
    OMG....Alright I was on GTS one trading people and I asked for a celibi. Well when I got the celibi the whole screen turned blue.....after tht I had to start a new game....really sucked

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
  • when lyra called me and said her marill evolved into azumarill but when i went to her house to look at her azumarill it still was a marill :o

vudw

Nocturnal Insomnia
    Years
  • when lyra called me and said her marill evolved into azumarill but when i went to her house to look at her azumarill it still was a marill :o

Inorite? I think I stopped playing for the day when that happened; I was too out of it and just couldn't wrap my head around it. >_<
    (That also happens to be my biggest wtf moment too... so yeah.)

Years
  • in HG. saved before going to powerplant. got all the way to battling suicune. saved there. lost all my pokeballs trying to catch suicune. restarted. back to the save in cerulean.
    :( -_- WTF?

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2011
    This happened by complete accident. I got the shiny Raikou from the recent event, and now I am training it. Cut to a few minutes later and I hear the legendary beast music start up. Lo-and behold, normal Raikou shows up and I have my shiny Raikou out.

TheRatBoy

PokeYoutuber
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2011
    I caught a ditto that retained my onixs moves when I caught it. It knows screech, rock throw, rage and rock tomb. I posted a video on YouTube of it happening.

pmarckoue

CAN IT BE!?
    Years
  • When I began SS, I was walking to Mr. Pokemon's house. I had no pokeballs at all and one pokemon. Then I ran into a shining Pidgey. I couldn't run from it, so I had to knock it out :'(

StarfireI

Plasma Guardian
    Years
  • My personal one is when I had a team full of LVL 100 fully evolved Pokemon in PKMN Ruby, and took on the Battle Tower.

My first battle? The opponent's trainer got 6 critical hits in a row to completely annihilate me. Cue massive WTF.

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    My game is in French, so yeah...

Mainly, Falkner --> Albert and Lance --> Peter. FREAKIN' PETER. Like what?

weeman10

Mr. Blue Sky
    Years
  • Last night it happened.

When training my Lvl 2 Dratini on SoulSilver, I accidentally encountered Raikou. The strange thing is when I went to attack with my Lvl 2 Dratini, it attacked first. And it was holding a power bracer. Why?

Funny thing is though, I used wrap, it couldn't escape, and I switched and caught it. Incredible.

MeerFall

Strong, Competitive, Cool!
    Years
  • I was in cerulan cave on heartgold and I came across a shiny machock and i had him at the perfect level but he praticlly suicided himself :( WHY MUST I SUFFER WITH NO SHINY POKEMON!

Haberdasher

suffers from nostalgia
    Years
  • Last night it happened.

When training my Lvl 2 Dratini on SoulSilver, I accidentally encountered Raikou. The strange thing is when I went to attack with my Lvl 2 Dratini, it attacked first. And it was holding a power bracer. Why?
    When the wild Pokemon tries to flee, you always go first, regardless of speed. I've done similar things (level 8 Paras) because of this.
    Congrats. :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2011
    WTF! i spent so much time in emerald to get a nincada to get a shedinja but i migrated to heart gold and i trained it. i bought a pokeball and evolved my nincada into a ninjask with a pokeball and a free slot in my party... THEN IT ATE MY POKEBALL AND I DIDNT GIVE ME MY SHEDINJA!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back