• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
yh i hope there will be another new type, that's all

plus am i the only one who thinks they revealed WAYYYYY too much for X & Y like we already got like 25 new pokemon revealed pls stop gamefreak
The new pokemon are basically what sells the games. I doubt they will stop. That is also another thing that gets people to buy Corocoro more, to see new pokemon.

I think all of pokemon have 2 type that related to fairy, WON'T have to retyped them. They just simply learn new fairy move... Like togekiss, celebi could learn fairy wind, or jirachi, victini could learn draining kiss.............

This is what I am thinking as well, I do not think they will retype pokemon who already have 2 types, because it would be pretty confusing.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
yh i hope there will be another new type, that's all

plus am i the only one who thinks they revealed WAYYYYY too much for X & Y like we already got like 25 new pokemon revealed pls stop gamefreak

I still don't think it's reached Gdn V levels...however we did have those leakers and 150+ Pokémon...so it was justified.

Maybe the amount reflects the size of this generation's new Pokémon...which likely will be more than Johto's 100.

Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2014
Gee the people who are against the idea of having another new type are sounding like the same people who said Game Freak will absolutely not make a new this gen. Personally it could happen. As far as marketing a new type think about it we had about nine months to 10 months notice on this game you know why release everything at once when we still have two more to go? Do I think it will happen I'm not sure but could it happen definitely and all those who say that it definitely won't happen or doesn't make sense for it to happen or it can't happen well A lot of you guys said the same thing about Fairy types and well you were proven wrong so really there's no basis to deny it in "absolute " not really

With game freak anything can possibly happen that I agree with you. But if you're talking about the scoop of the century I highly doubt game freak would make the "scoop" a new type. Why would they not call the announcement of fairy type the biggest scoop of the century but they would do that for a different type. It just doesn't make sense. That would make the fairy type seem not as important as the new type lol. I think it is a possibility but i highly doubt it's going to happen

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
Huh? No it didn't. ._.

Uugh yeah, I've never heard this either and I'm not finding anything online about this... Sounds like one of those things you heard about when you were a kid and kept believing until you found out it was false. :P

Years
Don't you think gamefreak is on the way creating gen VI game. I think pokemon xy is about norse mythology, so MAYBE gen 7 is about greek mythology
If that happen, i don't think Litleo will be a manticore, cause manticore is in greek,,,,,
In that gen, i think the version mascot is all about the 3 BIG important god of greek: Zeus, Poseidon, Hades

Years
I think Xerneas is life, Yvetal is destruction. Hello,,,, when we were destroyed, at that time we still live, after that we died, so the third will be death... And if better the fourth is reborn (or birth) :))
That will complete the CIRCLE OF LIFE
LIFE --> DESTRUCTION --> DEATH --> REBORN (or BIRTH) --> LIFE --> DESTRUCTION -->.........................

I really want gen 7 has 4 version game about the chinese animals
The dragon, the tiger, the phoenix, and the turtle. They have 4 elements : fire, water, wind, earth. So in pokemon, their type is water, fire, flying, ground (or rock)
BUT sadly, the phoenix is just like a mirror of Ho-oh and Moltres
But if gamefreak could shake things up:: I WANT
The dragon is ground/dragon or rock/dragon, LIKE A EARTHQUAKE DRAGON
The tiger is water or better ICE, like a TIDAL WAVE POKEMON
The phoenix is PURE flying, or flying/fairy, like A STORM POKEMON
The turte is fire, or fire/steel, like A GLOBAL WARMING POKEMON

Last edited:

pedrito3_poke

Banana
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 25, 2022
I think Xerneas is life, Yvetal is destruction. Hello,,,, when we were destroyed, at that time we still live, after that we died, so the third will be death... And if better the fourth is reborn (or birth) :))
A Pokémon that represents death? Seriously? You do realize this game is mainly targeted at kids, do you?

Years
There are several allusions to death throughout the games. Take ghost types, and the lavender town tower, along with each generations equivalent. Futher, read the pokedex entries for pokemon such as cubone and marowak, as well as many dark and ghost types. Death or destruction isn't really an adult issue as far as culture goes. So many movies targeting the young crowd have plots that include death and tragedy, I can't think of one disney classic in which death isn't a part of the plot in some form or fashion.

Years
Do you remember on pokemon black white 2, kyurem almost KILL US

WHATEVER it is????)) all i want is a POISON LEGENDARY. Is it so hard??????
I think the third legendary is 70% possible to exist. The reason gen 2 just have a duo, not trio (suicune is not count as a trio with lugia and ho-oh).
First, Because they are birds. ho-oh is the guardian of the sky, it can fly in the sky. Lugia is the guardian of the sea, it can fly and swim. So there can't be a bird pokemon that is the guardian of the land. There are plenty of animal pokemon that live on land, so why they don't be the guardian of the land, instead of the bird that FLY?????????
Second, TRIO is about connection, the third have to have some connection with the other.
Gen 3, Groudon and Kyorge fight, so Rayquaza come to stop them. Gen 4, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina were created together by Arceus, each help Arceus on create the world, they do have some connection. Gen 4, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem were seperated from a Actual DRAGON, plus Kyurem can be fused with Reshiram or Zekrom. Gen 2, Lugia and Ho-oh do have some connection but they don't opposite with each other, they don't fight, so that there are no third to balance them
So, Xerneas is life, opposite with destruction Yvteal, so they MAYBE fight or at least hate each other, so the third (Z maybe????) will come to balance them....
=====>>>>> Pokemon Z is on the way !!!!!!!

Here are my opinon on 2 topic
1. THE THIRD LEGENDARY (Z maybe???) THEORY AND TYPE
2. THE FAIRY TYPE

1. THE THIRD LEGENDARY THEORY AND TYPE
I think xerneas is life, yvetal is destruction. So the Z could be the UNDERWORLD POKEMON.
Underword is not like hell as you think. Underworld is just for dead pokemon. When Pokemon is dead, its soul will go to underworld. Underworld is just like a mini version of the Earth. Dead pokemon's soul and MAYBE alive ghost and dark pokemon will live happily there. But instead of Arceus, The Z will rule the underworld.... On pokemon anime, there is an episode about the ghost world, so it could be a world for dead pokemon..............
When i search for Norse Mythology, it said: in the root of the tree of the world, there were a dragon and an unnamed serpent. So the Z could be the dragon, or the serpent. If it were a dragon, it could be ghost/dragon... If it were the serpent, it could be ghost/poison... BUT WHO KNOWS??????? lugia is the guardian of the SEA, but it is psychic/flying...

2. THE FAIRY TYPE
Firstly, I DO REALLY LOVVVEEEEE THE FAIRY TYPE. But gamefreak is making a very bad move this time.
THE CONCEPT : the design of fairy pokemon is like cute, lovely, PINK. So many people think it girly. When i see the design of fairy type, i just think it is the new VERSION of normal type. When i see Swirlix, i thought it is normal type, but then again, it is pink so fairy.....
THE NAME : i know fairy type is about mystic, magical creatures, like in mythology. But instead of using the word FAIRY, they should use the word MYSTIC or MAGIC type
When people see the word FAIRY, they think of a tiny creature that have wings, how it could beat a dragon??? But if people see the word MYSTIC or MAGIC, they will think of a mystery, magical creatures or like a wizard. A tiny animal THAT HAVE MAGIC could easily take down a dragon. This will explain, how a tiny bird Spritzee or a cotton candy Swirlix or a tiny creature live on a flower Flabebe.... could beat a dragon..............

Last edited:

pedrito3_poke

Banana
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 25, 2022
There are several allusions to death throughout the games. Take ghost types, and the lavender town tower, along with each generations equivalent. Futher, read the pokedex entries for pokemon such as cubone and marowak, as well as many dark and ghost types. Death or destruction isn't really an adult issue as far as culture goes. So many movies targeting the young crowd have plots that include death and tragedy, I can't think of one disney classic in which death isn't a part of the plot in some form or fashion.

Of course there are allusions to death, but there aren't direct references to death. I would totally not expect to check the pokédex and see the "Death Pokémon"... I really can't see that happening. There is already a death pokémon, which is Yveltal, but they prefered to call it Destruction Pokémon. Yveltal's Death Wing was renamed to Oblivion Wing. And now you think they'll make a Pokémon literally described as the "Death Pokémon"?
The Z Pokémon, as many people speculate (see this thread) could be something between Life and Death.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
The reason gen 2 just have a duo, not trio (suicune is not count as a trio with lugia and ho-oh).
First, Because they are birds. ho-oh is the guardian of the sky, it can fly in the sky. Lugia is the guardian of the sea, it can fly and swim. So there can't be a bird pokemon that is the guardian of the land. There are plenty of animal pokemon that live on land, so why they don't be the guardian of the land, instead of the bird that FLY?????????
Second, TRIO is about connection, the third have to have some connection with the other.
Gen 3, Groudon and Kyorge fight, so Rayquaza come to stop them. Gen 4, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina were created together by Arceus, each help Arceus on create the world, they do have some connection. Gen 4, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem were seperated from a Actual DRAGON, plus Kyurem can be fused with Reshiram or Zekrom. Gen 2, Lugia and Ho-oh do have some connection but they don't opposite with each other, they don't fight, so that there are no third to balance them
So, Xerneas is life, opposite with destruction Yvteal, so they MAYBE fight or at least hate each other, so the third (Z maybe????) will come to balance them....

Actually,Generation II was a little bit different…: Ho-oh rules over the legendary beasts Raikou, Entei, and Suicune as that legendary trio's master, and Lugia similarly leads the trio of legendary birds (Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres) introduced in Generation I.

Years
220px-Drapeau_de_la_France.png

Here is my thought :
Why Xerneas is blue, Yvetal is red, why don't gamefreak make them other color like orange, yellow, brown, purple, pink..., instead of red and blue (like a copy of Groudon and KYORGE)???
MAYBE because KALOS IS BASED ON FRANCE. THE FRANCE FLAG HAS 3 COLORS: red, blue and WHITE. So they make Xerneas blue and Yvetal red. ===>>> there must be the third (hopefully Z???) and it will be WHITE (or maybe ASH or LIGHT )
And on the flag, the blue and the red is between the white. Just like the third will balance them and be thier trio master

Xerneas and Yvetal is OPPOSITE to each other. JUST LIKE BLUE AND RED IS BETWEEN THE WHITE

In my opinion, white legendary is similar to Reshiram, ????

kalos_region_map_analysed.jpg

And on the pokedex, the coastal Kalos is blue, MAYBE Xerneas lives there, the mountain Kalos is red, MAYBE Yveltal lives there. And Central Kalos is WHITE, MAYBE THE THIRD WILL LIVE THERE. (Maybe in a cave, or in another dimension, which just can open a portal in Central Kalos?????)

Ps: I'm pretty sure that the third game will be true.
Firstly, gen 5 has a sequel, so gamefreak WON'T repeat that. They will make the third gen, or at least a third game like a sequel
Secondly, every gen has 3 games. Gen 1 don't count cause it don't have legendary mascot. Gen 2, lugia and ho-oh is a duo, but they have to put suicune to mascot. Gen 3, gen 4 have 3 games. Gen 5 has two sequel, but basiclly it ACTUALLY ONE GAME, cause Kyurem has 2 forms so IT IS JUST LIKE A THIRD GAME (sequel is about Zekrom, Reshiram from Black, White, not about Kyurem, so it BASCILLY A THIRD GAME). So gen 6 will have a third game
Thirdly, MORE GAME MEAN MORE MONEY, gamefreak have to make more to earn money.

==>>> pokemon Z

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
Hmm, this New Eeveelution, Sushi Roll and Potato Chip Pokémon rumor seems to be gaining steam, I still find it too hard to believe for all three of them but I guess we'll find out in a few days eh.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years

The whole flag and Kalos correlation makes sense, but I'm guessing that they'll repeat Generations 4 & 5 and have both mascots appear in the same place (e.g. Dragonspiral Tower and Mount Coronet).

If Generations 1-4 all got a third installment, I don't see why GameFreak wouldn't do sequels again. I'd actually prefer a sequel over a third installment, anyways. I'll just wait a year for GameFreak to announce whatever they plan to do with the 6th Gen.

Hmm, this New Eeveelution, Sushi Roll and Potato Chip Pokémon rumor seems to be gaining steam, I still find it too hard to believe for all three of them but I guess we'll find out in a few days eh.

I'm all for Pokémon based on inanimate objects, but this potato chip bag sounds ridiculous. The sushi roll has flexibility with a design, but not the potato chip bag. Maybe it will be a biodegradable bag and everyone will complain that it's too loud.

Last edited:
Years
If the bag of chips and the sushi roll pokemon really exist,
Here is my opinion
- bag of chips : a spider, bug, jellyfish, octopus, squid with head is the bag and feet is the chips, ....
If it has great design, i'm fine with it, but if it's just a bag of chips with freaking eyes, i will swear to god......
- sushi roll: any thing can happen

Here is an interesting picture:
41Atxtr.png

Last edited:
Years
If the sushi roll ends up being real, I'd totally dig it having a fire/grass typing.

The bag of chips I keep on imagining to be a dark type for some reason.

Years
Here are my 3 thought:
1. I think Xerneas is life, Yvetal is destruction aka death, so the z could be about IMMORTAL.
If the Z is a serpent, it can be a CIRCLE, there is no end, so it will live forever

2. Recently, I don't think pokemon Xy are based on Norse Mythology anymore. Maybe gamefreak just use it for the designs. Maybe the XY is about the DNA
- Yvetal contains all DNA of creature have wings, feather, fly (like bird, hawk, duck...)
- Xerneas contains all DNA of animal that live on land (like horse, cat, lion,...)
- MAYBE the Z contains all DNA of creature can swim (like fish, shark, dolphin...)
- but just three of them is just too simple, there are still reptile, bug......

HERE ARE MY HOPES FOR POKEMON XY
- A poison legendary (IS THAT SO HARDDDD?????)))))
- a dark type gym (i'm still fine if they don't)
- a seasonal legendary (maybe a fairy legendary quartet)
- the third legendary is exist (poison PLEASEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!)

Last edited:

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
A Poison Legendary would be interesting and kind of cool. I like the idea that you've mentioned about the circle representation, could lead to an ouroboros concept, which would work well with a Poison type snake. I'd definitely want it to be a dual typed Pokemon though. Maybe Poison/Dragon.

If the bag of chips and the sushi roll pokemon really exist,
Here is my opinion
- bag of chips : a spider, bug, jellyfish, octopus, squid with head is the bag and feet is the chips, ....
If it has great design, i'm fine with it, but if it's just a bag of chips with freaking eyes, i will swear to god......
- sushi roll: any thing can happen

Here is an interesting picture:
41Atxtr.png

Definitely has a DNA look to it. Very interesting indeed!

Back