• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Things in B/W that irritate you - discussion!

Chary

Yeah-Hah!
Years
  • Hmm....

I thought B/W were pretty amazing. The only complaints I have are the load times for buildings, the picky White Forest/Black City people, and no more autorun.

The plot and Pokemon are really good, but there are some flaws. I honestly think this is a huge step-up from Sinnoh.

Pokemon Game Fan

The Batman
    Years
  • Well, I've hit my first complaint in the game. I beat the whole thing, it was really awesome, found 7 sages, but now I'm like "What's next?", not only did the game end at a weird point in the story (N never seen again? What the hell happened to Ghetsis?), but there's just nothing interesting to do after finding the sages.

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
  • Well, I've hit my first complaint in the game. I beat the whole thing, it was really awesome, found 7 sages, but now I'm like "What's next?", not only did the game end at a weird point in the story (N never seen again? What the hell happened to Ghetsis?), but there's just nothing interesting to do after finding the sages.

In my walkthrough it says theres still tons of stuff like yu can board the cruise ship afterwards and battle the trainers. Idk, but some of the little "minigames" they have don't seem exciting to me. I do agree that once the game is over there is much to do except explore & find sages. I wanna know what happened to N. N was a major hottie in the game, LOL. I wanna be able to visit/battle him in Dragonspiral Tower or something after the game.

Jarred0809

The Eternal Lurker
    Years
  • -Short routes
    -Almost every Pokémon is terrible
    -BORING postgame
    -Crappy roaming legendaries
    -Hackers just love the Random Battles
    And everyone seems to think the story is amazing. Sure, I enjoyed most of it; that doesn't mean it beats or even matches the stories of other RPGs.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
  • I can say in all honesty that it was my least favorite of all the Pokemon games. I couldn't stand the lack of good Pokemon, the lack of storyline (I was just not happy with it at all... N flying away happily in the end, made me sick.) and the 'special' Pokemon. They had some interesting ideas, but I feel as though they didn't execute them very well. I found the game quite boring and I couldn't stand how you had to train in that game. I didn't really like the locations very much, either.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years

• 2: Looks like you didn't read my 2.
    3. fun fact: black and white aren't colours per say.
    7: video games are now supposed to advise people to go outside and get some fresh air after an hour of game play. If you're wasting your time trying to get a shiny you should be playing games.
    8: And there was a decent amount of time between each handheld release and game release. Also firered and leafgreen.
    9. Would it be fun catching all 649 pokemon from the very start?

2: I read your 2. You're acting as if my complaint was that the game continues after the Elite 4. That was not my complaint.
    3: I didn't say they were colors. They're not a step up from jewels.
    7: I'm not wasting my time looking for shinies. I just find it weird that they would eliminate certain shiny chances. Besides, taking out 3 shinies won't convince lazy people to stop being lazy.
    8: FireRed and LeafGreen were still part of the 3rd gen. Which is why they're on the same console.
    9: Once again, I didn't say ALL should be available. All other generations had some previous generation Pokemon. That's what I was talking about.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • "Game Sync has run out of energy, it will take one day to recharge.."..is my only complaint.

I trade between my Black and White versions using my original DS and my DS XL. I prefer to play with my DS XL, thus whichever cartridge I'm going to be playing after I trade goes in my XL. So I get this message quite often.

What *will* irritate me in the next generation is if they continue to make only a few hours of gameplay to finish the storyline. They *should* be able to make a fleshed out epic storyline with the modern gameboys...

ryziken

Neutral scientist
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    "Game Sync has run out of energy, it will take one day to recharge.."..is my only complaint.

I trade between my Black and White versions using my original DS and my DS XL. I prefer to play with my DS XL, thus whichever cartridge I'm going to be playing after I trade goes in my XL. So I get this message quite often.

What *will* irritate me in the next generation is if they continue to make only a few hours of gameplay to finish the storyline. They *should* be able to make a fleshed out epic storyline with the modern gameboys...

Ditto to that. It is ridiculous that they have a message that basically lies to us. It says it'll take a day. ONE day. But then it often ends up taking 2 or 3 days.

Pisses me off... X(

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Just three small-ish complaints. Uno, I'm not a big fan of the postgame. I found that past beating Alder and Cynthia there isn't a whole lot of interesting things to work for/do. I guess that's why I keep restarting my game, haha. The second thing that annoys me - and I know it's really nitpicky - is that stupid music that plays when you fight Bianca or Cheren. I find it really annoying, idk. Also, the lack of decent Flying-types got to me after a while. The fact that the Pidove line doesn't learn any physical Flying-type moves (or at least, doesn't learn them early on, I don't remember if it actually does learn any) really annoyed me since its Attack stat is indeed higher than its Sp. Attack. And other than Sigilyph, the other Flying-types didn't really appeal to me.

MuffinPaula

「PONPON!? ??
    Years
  • A lot of things actually. Pretty much what everyone said but the one that got to me is finding Tynamo. Every time I find one I end up killing it and it's SO HARD TO FIND!!!! All the Pokemon I want it hard to find =_=. I can't even catch an Axew ( I wonder HOW Cheren got one <.<)

Rio448

Hoenn Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2012
    I think it was pretty annoying that you had to use Unova Pokemon. I think the game would have been a lot better if you would be able to use Pokemon from other regions before beating the elite four.

But besides that it was a great game :)

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    I loved the games, so there's few things that irk me. However, that's not to say they were perfect...

-Black City/White Forest's mechanics. If you are unable to play the games for a while, you get punished by losing people there and losing potential items/Pokemon. That's unfair for people who can't devote their entire day to playing games.
    -Lack of Vs. Seeker. That should just be a standard item in every game.
    -Alomomola doesn't evolve from Luvdisc. That still ticks me off.
    -The "fans" who seem to hate the game just because it's not Kanto or Johto. I'm not ashamed to admit I'm a fan because of the kid quality of the games, but because of how bad some of the fandom makes the rest of us look.

GlaciaFox

A wandering Elite Glaceon
    Years
  • the only things i didnt like about it was a mass of ugly pokemon and how short the game was. i like long games. it keeps me entertained.

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
    Years
  • The thing I really don't like is how the bag is organized. It seems to messy, with the poke balls being in the items and having to scroll

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 1, 2011
    I don't hate B/W as far as the games are concerned, but I do have a strong dislike for the generation of Pokemon in the games. I have no issue with man made whatsits, being Pokemon, but some of the new Pokemon are kind of ridiculous, and kind of sucking the spirit out of having "magical" creatures as pets. The odd genetic mutation/experiment/machine Pokemon was cool, but now there's too many just really weird ones.

DoctorFred

I am not amused. ಠ_ಠ
    Years
  • No Safari Zone
    People constantly RageQuitting in Random Matchup (i even met this one guy who, as soon as i gained the upper hand, just stopped playing, and i had to sit there for 10 minutes before turning my ds off).
    No post-game story - basically its just run through these meaningless cities (Lacunosa Town, anyone?) and routes and catch these incredibly weak pokemon (banette and swellow?), without any plot.
    The actual game had too much talking, especially in the beginning and end.
    No Vs Seeker or Gym Rematches.
    The lack of older pokemon.

But i tend to prefer to think about the better things that were in the games, then to long for the unadded things.

jkls39

Gate Master
    Years
  • You need to trade using Wi-Fi connections just to complete your National Pokedex. I find it irritating since I'm not really into trading and transferring Pokemon. Also, it lacks Water-type Pokemons and the fishing rod can only be obtained after the game. Dive was not given emphasis so much; only at the Abyssal Ruins which I find it useless. But, even though it is like that, I'm still loving Pokemon B/W! Its all so different most especially that Pokemons can already move their bodies during battle, and triple battles and rotation battles were really awesome although it was not given emphasis as well in the main story. Overall, Pokemon B/W is only great because of its storyline and 3D effect. Pokemons? Well, not really... Hehe.

The Author

The Hero of Knothole Glade
    Years
  • I didn't like the Pokémon and the fact that all you run into is Gen V Pokémon until after the E4. And, is it just me, or is there WAY too high of a wild battle ratio?

Back