• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Things that just don't make sense. At all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    how come when you use a pokeball and it fails to catch the pokemon, you lose it forever? in the anime it comes back... i lost so much money with losing pokeballs

katmanic

PokéManiac
    Years
    Hmmm...how about sane parents letting their 10-year-old children travel the world all by themselves with no company but a pet that lives in a tiny plastic ball?

I think the premise of pokemon makes little sense :P.

That is definitely the biggest what the heck
    in accordance with pokémon.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I'm still wondering how held items work, as if holding some plate or trinket, or wearing some type of glasses or belt somehow makes attacks stronger.

On that subject, how do Pokemon like Voltorb even hold items?

Princess Pichu

Art is a flash of beauty~
    Years
    When you teach something like Pidgey Fly...HOW IS IT ABLE TO CARRY YOU?

And in RSE, Dive. How can your trainer stay underwater for so long?

And when Surfing and you battle, How do you battle with the Pokemon you're surfing on? And what happens when it faints?
    AND how do the other pokemon battle Other than the ones that fly and levitate.? Do the walk on water?

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2009
    Do trainers just stand there all day, everyday, just waiting for you to ask them for a battle? Wow their lives must be boring.

Why are there young children in the Battle Facilities, with perfect Pokemon and great strategies?

How to Pokemon hold non-attatchable items (such as everstone, heat rock, etc.), and still be able to battle normally? Especially ones without hands/fingers. And wouldn't they drop their item? They get knocked around a lot.

Why can't a Pokemon just eat the freaking Salac Berry at the start of the battle?

How does an epic battle with Kyogre vs. Groudon last more than a few mins? Kyogre has the type advantage and deals alot more damage. The only chance Groudon stands is SolarBeam.

Why do those pudgy guys in blue always stand infront a cave entrance? There's at least one in every region, and how do they know when you've obtained the National Dex?

How the heck is Gardenia in the Gym, my Villa, the Battleground, and Eterna Forest at the same time?

Why do so many people look completely identical? You, along with other main characters, seem to be the only ones different.

Porygon-Z? What happened to #3 - 9, A - Y? Not to mention various combinations.

What's up with the spoons, Alakazam?

Why does Eevee evolve into so many different things... "Gen 5! Dracion, Spookeon, and Beetleon! Exciting!"

Why isn't there a TV Rotom?

How can GF have NOT made a Dragon/Fire yet?

Read Pincir's Pt Pokedex entry... ???

If Pokemon laying eggs have never been witnessed, why do some Pokemon have Pokedex entries saying they do?

I know my questions were a fairly low quality compared to the rest of the thread, especially near the end, but I just had to ask...

Oh, and how do Slugma sleep (while contantly moving, to avoid turning into a rock) ?

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
    How can your character survive with just a scarf in Snowpointe city?

How can you ride a bike across a log?

Why are my Lucario and Meditite breeding if they hate each other? (The old man told me that they don't seem to like each other, but obviously they do)

Why are humans making these Pokemon fight each other? Isn't that Pokemon abuse?

michele

☮ & ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    why would they make the move 'splash' if there is absolutely no point to it? it's stupid to have such a worthless pokemon [i.e magikarp] evolve into something good.

Nintendee

Look Into My Eyes....
    Years
    why, in pokemon red does the guy in viridian city gym that tells you about who the leader is and what type they use not know its giovanni when the sign says:

Viridian City Gym
    Leader: Giovanni
    Trainers who have won: (rival)?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    Following on that, How does Gold send money home to his mom? I don't see any banks or mailboxes.

Why was Ho-Oh seen in the first Episode?
    Money is digital. You send it to your mom via the Gear.

Ho-Oh was seen in the first episode to advertise the coming Gold and Silver version, which were barely under a year away.

how come when you use a pokeball and it fails to catch the pokemon, you lose it forever? in the anime it comes back... i lost so much money with losing pokeballs
    Game mechanic. If you could try it any amount of times then rare Pokemon like Clefairy wouldn't be so rare... In fact, you could just toss the ball a million times without weakening them and hope for the one time it works. It's just a way to keep the game from being broken.

When you teach something like Pidgey Fly...HOW IS IT ABLE TO CARRY YOU?

And in RSE, Dive. How can your trainer stay underwater for so long?
    Big things come in little packages... Ants can lift a lot of times their own body weight. I imagine a Pidgey is pretty strong too.

The manga shows Red with a mouth-piece for breathing. Imagine it's an unseen key item that goes with the Dive HM... Either that, or the Diving Pokemon surrounds you in an oxygenated bubble.

Do trainers just stand there all day, everyday, just waiting for you to ask them for a battle? Wow their lives must be boring.
    They're either on a journey just like you, in which case you (the player) also have no life, or they decide to sit out on the weekends and battle then go home for bed.

Why are there young children in the Battle Facilities, with perfect Pokemon and great strategies?
    Like you, they trained.

Why can't a Pokemon just eat the freaking Salac Berry at the start of the battle?
    League rules?

How does an epic battle with Kyogre vs. Groudon last more than a few mins? Kyogre has the type advantage and deals alot more damage. The only chance Groudon stands is SolarBeam.
    They're both titans. They don't have types. They represent Water and Ground respectably, but are beyond that.

Why do those pudgy guys in blue always stand infront a cave entrance? There's at least one in every region, and how do they know when you've obtained the National Dex?
    They're probably authority figures put in place by either the League or Oak. Like one of Oak's many aides.

Why do so many people look completely identical? You, along with other main characters, seem to be the only ones different.
    Space. And time. You try designing several hundred individual trainers per game... Better to just make trainer classes and call it a day.

Porygon-Z? What happened to #3 - 9, A - Y? Not to mention various combinations.
    The Z denotes it as a glitch evolution (upgrade) since Z typically has a strange connotation. It may also suggest there won't be any more Porygons (Z being the last letter and all).

What's up with the spoons, Alakazam?
    As per the Dex entries, the spoons are physical representations of Alakazams' psychic power. They don't really exist, or do on a purely tangential level.

Why does Eevee evolve into so many different things... "Gen 5! Dracion, Spookeon, and Beetleon! Exciting!"
    Its Dex entries variously say it has an "irregular" or "unstable" genetic makeup. Works for me. (Though I'd argue that Leafeon and Glaceon are just bad ideas)

Why isn't there a TV Rotom?
    Because Rotom is already Electric type, so it'd be fairly redundant. However, there's always the possibility for the future.

Read Pincir's Pt Pokedex entry... ???
    What? It breaks Pokemon in half? I imagine it does this in the wild, but owned Pokemon have their strength held back by their trainers.

Oh, and how do Slugma sleep (while contantly moving, to avoid turning into a rock) ?
    Maybe it doesn't sleep. Or it sleeps but keeps its body on cruise control... Or it's like a shark.
    Answers in quote as bolded text.

why, in pokemon red does the guy in viridian city gym that tells you about who the leader is and what type they use not know its giovanni when the sign says:

Viridian City Gym
    Leader: Giovanni
    Trainers who have won: (rival)?
    He could have just, you know, not read the sign. Or he meant he didn't know Giovanni... As in he knew "of" him, but didn't know him personally.

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
    (On the contrary, guns are mentioned in the pokéworld, it's just the fact that they're an impractical source of protection with things like Metagross and Graveler roaming around. What do you think bombs are made of, magical fairy dust?)

Okay, on with the point:

1.) Why does Blastoise, a turtle (tortoise?) the size of a full-grown man, complete with a thick shell and two metal canons weigh 85.5kg (188.5 lbs)!?

2.) How does Regirock, or Shedinja, or any hollow/mouthless
    pokémon for the matter, eat? When I think of Registeel eating a poffin, I picture it trying to stuff the poffin into its face to no avail, and then proceeding to throw the pastry in anger at its trainer.

3.) At an I.Q. of 5,000, why can't Alakazam use a potion? At least Metagross has the excuse of not having moving fingers, but the concept of "Squeeze to squirt!" must be alien to Alakazam.

4.) Remora=Octopus? Oranges what?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    1.) Why does Blastoise, a turtle (tortoise?) the size of a full-grown man, complete with a thick shell and two metal canons weigh 85.5kg (188.5 lbs)!?

3.) At an I.Q. of 5,000, why can't Alakazam use a potion? At least Metagross has the excuse of not having moving fingers, but the concept of "Squeeze to squirt!" must be alien to Alakazam.

4.) Remora=Octopus? Oranges what?
    1.) Average weight on evolution. They obviously get bigger, but the average weight that all Wartortles are upon evolution into Blastoise is around that.

3.) Because you don't tell him to. And IQ doesn't equate to common sense. Alakazam intelligence can be highly specialized.

4.) Take a look at real-life. The basis for the Remoraid into Octillery evolution is just as strange, but biologically sound.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    About Slugma - I just caught one on Emerald and its Pokedex entry says that it sleeps in volcanoes to stop its body from hardening. So, yeah...

HallwayKid

The Illogical Scientist
    Years
    When Pokemon hatch from an egg, where do you get that extra pokeball. It's obviously not my pokeball since I'm still at full stock. Maybe eggs come with a Pokemon and a pokeball inside them, but that is just silly.

Greeeny

Yes, that's three E's.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2011
    The buildings are tiny compared to the character sprites. They must have some Time Lord mojo on those houses. TARDIS HOUSE'S FTW!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back