• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Things that just don't make sense. At all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    very true. why is roark or any first gym soooooo weak they shouldn't even be a leader theres stupid battlers with pokeon that are stronger in the game

I once read a theory on TV Tropes that they keep several teams of varying strength for different trainers. So his first team is for use against beginning trainers, while his Battleground team is for much stronger ones.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    ^I firmly believe that too. In fact, I think I might have even posted it on tvtropes at some point.... I forget. But yeah, I think League rules probably state that gym leaders can only use certain Pokemon of a certain level when facing trainers at different levels. Since not everybody starts their journey in Pallet/New Bark/Twinleaf/I forget Town, the gym leaders must adjust their teams accordingly. Otherwise, I feel sorry for the kid from Blackthorn who wants to try out his brand new Pokemon against the local gym leader....

Question: Is it ever established in-games that the gym leaders are designed by the League to be battled in a certain order, or is the order purely based on geography?

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    Question: Is it ever established in-games that the gym leaders are designed by the League to be battled in a certain order, or is the order purely based on geography?

Geography, Hoenn is the only one that requires a certain order (and maybe not even Hoenn, it's been a while since I played the main story of it). Sinnoh because Platinum changed it from Diamond and Pearl.

Years
    Geography, Hoenn is the only one that requires a certain order (and maybe not even Hoenn, it's been a while since I played the main story of it). Sinnoh because Platinum changed it from Diamond and Pearl.

He means in the actual context of the game world, not in design. No, it's never been established that there is an official order established by the Pokemon Leauge, and it wouldn't make sense that every new trainer would have to travel to Pallet/New Bark/Littleroot/Twinleaf and progress from there. That's why think the theory that Gym Leaders have teams of varying levels makes sense.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    He means in the actual context of the game world, not in design. No, it's never been established that there is an official order established by the Pokemon Leauge, and it wouldn't make sense that every new trainer would have to travel to Pallet/New Bark/Littleroot/Twinleaf and progress from there. That's why think the theory that Gym Leaders have teams of varying levels makes sense.

How is what I said anything to do with design? In the Pokemon games, you can do them in varying orders except for Hoenn, which proves that they can be done in any order in the Pokemon world. That's what I said.

Pikachu™

Pika Pika!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2019
    Lol, what happens if one of the elite 4 member wanted to leave? Would they have to battle the guy in the next room?

Ev Trainer X

Your average insane gamer
    Years
    Here's a good one.

How do Pokedexes function 24/7? Do they ever charge it up? If so, then how?

Also, how do you ride up slopes that are constantly pulling you down if you try to run up it? Isn't it MORE dangerous to use your bike? For that matter, how can you ride up and down a slope constantly? You'd think erosion would kick in sometime.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    Also, how do you ride up slopes that are constantly pulling you down if you try to run up it? Isn't it MORE dangerous to use your bike? For that matter, how can you ride up and down a slope constantly? You'd think erosion would kick in sometime.

It's hardly the most risky thing the player does (biking on tightropes anyone?). And I think you're underestimating the strength of slopes.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Those Honey Trees in DPPt ...
    These are just worthless , and don't make sense , I mean if you put Honey ANYWHERE it can attract Pokemon not just on those Trees .

Also , Talking about Typhlosion's Iron Tail ??? Cubone can learn that too :D:D:D .... no he can , seriously .

There are pokemon that don't make sense *makes a song plays on the Trumpet

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    One thing that made me ponder since the beginning of the series is the existence of human beings in the Pokemon world, since there seem to be no real animals in the pokemon world, how can humans exist, how could they evolve from ape (evolve, as in charles darwins evolution theroies, not pokemon evolution), are the humans from another planet, or are they Pokemon themselves, but don't know it yet.........

Actually, in GSC, we could buy them in Mahogany, I'm not sure about it in HGSS, it might be there........

Guy Humans evolved from Infernapes and Girl Humans evolved from Ambipom duh...

No actually the Humans had animals that died out and then the Pokemon arrived in a Spacecraft that the Clefairy controlled...no seriously it was in the anime xD

The PokeMarts actually have Food on the shelves but you dont buy it...i guess everyone uses the forest to go to the bathroom and many pokemon surround the forest thats why there is so many in "small routes"...but thing is where do they get Burgers? Thats why we don't have many Miltanks around...hmm...

Also why does every Professor have a Celtic Zodiac Sign for a name...Oak...Rowan...Ivy...Elk...even Ash has a Celtic Zodiac name and he isnt a Professor...is there a rule that says you can only be a professor with a name like that?

Anyone have a question like this i might be able to answer it just PM me

-TheZeide

Last edited:

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
    The fact that during the second encounter of Volkner, his Jolteon now packs Pin Missile. Seriously. PIN MISSILE! That's like one of the worst moves in the game! Only useful for breaking SubPunching Breloom. :S

His Jolteon had better moves (Iron Tail sucks though) before the second encounter. Weird.

Also, WHY, WHY WHY WHY does your character NEVER EVER say a single thing? Even when he's at the Spear Pillar with Cyrus saying he will take over the world he's not saying: "Oh no you don't, i'm not gonna let you do th.. HOLY **** A BLACK THINGMADOODJIG!"

Last edited:
    Years
    Am I the only one who's noticed that the hero can simply wander into people's houses without knocking? If some kid came barging through my door, the first thing I'd say wouldn't be: "DID YOU KNOW THAT SOME POKEMANZ CAN ONLY EVOLVE BY TRADEZ??!!11!!!11". It would be more like: "What the heck do you think your doing? Get out of my house you ignorant ****!"
    This is going in my sig. XD

Also, WHY, WHY WHY WHY does your character NEVER EVER say a single thing? Even when he's at the Spear Pillar with Cyrus saying he will take over the world he's not saying: "Oh no you don't, i'm not gonna let you do th.. HOLY **** A BLACK THINGMADOODJIG!"
    ROFL!!!

Okay, how 'bout this one:

You defeat the elite four, defeat and become the champion, and your pokemon are entered into the hall of fame. But when you challenge the E4 again, who's the Sinnoh Champion?

Cynthia.

When I get to Cynthia's room, I wish that I could say "I'm the champion here! This is MY room! GTFO!!!"

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
    Years
    Why does Nurse Joy say "I hope to see you again"? Does she want your Poke'mon to get hurt again?
    With this one Nurse Joy is glad to see that your looking out for the well being of your Pokemon. If she didn't see you then it would either mean: Your compeltely and utterly disregarding the well being of your Pokemon which could mean killing them OR your so rich you can supply yourself with enough potions etc to never need a Pokemon Center.

The one thing I never understand is: If Pokemon is short for Pocket Monsters wouldn't that mean that Poke is short for Pocket and Mon is short for Monsters? Yet when you get the Pokegear in GSC they call it a Pokemon Gear or Pokegear for short and the same with things like a Poketch, Pokeradar, Pokeball. Why are these things called "Pokemon ..." when they are clearly shortened to Pocket Ball or Pocket Gear etc etc.

Technically in Hoenn you don't have to fight them in order. You can skip the second gym until you are up to fighting your father. But yes geographically if you were to fight the gyms in order of encountering them then they would be in order for Johto and Hoenn and Sinnoh from Platinum. Though it would be said the same for Kanto but since you have to travel past Viridian Gym before Pewter then it stuffs that up

Last edited:

Dark Shade

It's already too late...
    Years
    How come some UNIQUE VERY RARE LEGENDARY POKEMON can live in two places at once? e.g Zapdos lives in the electricity factory place, and also flies around sinnoh at the same time!

Actually roaming pokemon in general, i mean how do they know to move somewhere else everytime you fly?

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    Also why does every Professor have a Celtic Zodiac Sign for a name...Oak...Rowan...Ivy...Elk...even Ash has a Celtic Zodiac name and he isnt a Professor...is there a rule that says you can only be a professor with a name like that?
    Wha? It's Oak, Rowan, Birch and Elm. And they're named after trees, not zodiac signs.

Season

Garden Gladiator
    Years
    Kecleon is known to be able to change it's skin color to blend into it's surroundings...yet it can't learn camouflage.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Umbreon is said to secrete a poisonous gas from its pours when angered, but the only poison attack it can learn is Toxic, which isn't in gas form. Nintendo logic.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Umbreon is said to secrete a poisonous gas from its pours when angered, but the only poison attack it can learn is Toxic, which isn't in gas form. Nintendo logic.

Just because it isn't said, doesn't mean that it is said that it isn't true.
    I guess it can be implied, but I fail to see how Pidgeot can learn toxic :\

How come some UNIQUE VERY RARE LEGENDARY POKEMON can live in two places at once? e.g Zapdos lives in the electricity factory place, and also flies around sinnoh at the same time!

Actually roaming pokemon in general, i mean how do they know to move somewhere else everytime you fly?
    Easy; they aren't legendary.
    They may be legendary as in rare, but not legendary as in one of a kind.
    Just look at Arcanine and you will see that.

They roam for a reason. They just move to another area randomly.

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
    Years
    How can Professor Oak appear in all the games in the same time
    Actually he doesn't. The GSC/HG/SS set is 3years AFTER RBY/FR/LG. I don't recall him appearing in RSE and as for Sinnoh I don't recall it ever stating when the time frame is set. For all we know it could be 1year after RBY/FR/LG or it could be 5 years after GSC/HG/SS. This also can answer the question above about Zapdos: Time differences make it possible.

Do trainers just stand there all day, everyday, just waiting for you to ask them for a battle? Wow their lives must be boring.

Why are there young children in the Battle Facilities, with perfect Pokemon and great strategies?

How to Pokemon hold non-attatchable items (such as everstone, heat rock, etc.), and still be able to battle normally? Especially ones without hands/fingers. And wouldn't they drop their item? They get knocked around a lot.

Why can't a Pokemon just eat the freaking Salac Berry at the start of the battle?

How does an epic battle with Kyogre vs. Groudon last more than a few mins? Kyogre has the type advantage and deals alot more damage. The only chance Groudon stands is SolarBeam.

Why do those pudgy guys in blue always stand infront a cave entrance? There's at least one in every region, and how do they know when you've obtained the National Dex?

How the heck is Gardenia in the Gym, my Villa, the Battleground, and Eterna Forest at the same time?

Why do so many people look completely identical? You, along with other main characters, seem to be the only ones different.

Porygon-Z? What happened to #3 - 9, A - Y? Not to mention various combinations.

What's up with the spoons, Alakazam?

Why does Eevee evolve into so many different things... "Gen 5! Dracion, Spookeon, and Beetleon! Exciting!"

Why isn't there a TV Rotom?

How can GF have NOT made a Dragon/Fire yet?

Read Pincir's Pt Pokedex entry... ???

If Pokemon laying eggs have never been witnessed, why do some Pokemon have Pokedex entries saying they do?

I know my questions were a fairly low quality compared to the rest of the thread, especially near the end, but I just had to ask...

Oh, and how do Slugma sleep (while contantly moving, to avoid turning into a rock) ?

Wow O.o A big post. I can answer a couple of our questions.

Children with perfect pokemon etc: Maybe they are from a rich family that brought the pokemon and stuff for the kid and just told them how to work it.

Pudgy guys blocking caves: Maybe they get a message from the Prof when you get the Nat. Dex?

Gardenia: How can you be sure shes in all those places at the exact same time? Have you been in all those places at the same time? Maybe she leaves back to one place when you head there?

Alakazam Spoons: This is a reference to psychics bending spoons.

Eevee: Well as it states in the pokedex entry, Eevee evolves through radiation. It could be possible that only Umbreon and Espeon are its natural evolutions or it could be that sunlight/Moonlight works as radiation for Eevee making it evolve.

Hope that helps a little O.o

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back