• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game legendary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnar

Zekrom, Dragon of Electricity
Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2018
    Has anyone considered that it may not be the Ice/Dragon at all? Although it seems plausible, the statistics and alignment are way off compared to Zekrom/Reshiram.

I am 98% certain they added an Ice/Dragon type due to popular demand and/or for the convenience of it. Another Forme is possible ala Giratina, but I'm highly doubting it at this point.

Esmas

General
    Years
  • We can certainly expect the third mascot to be a Dragon-type, with an elemental secondary type (Fire, Electric, Water, Ice, etc.). Kyuuremu could be suspected, though with a change of forme; a more humanoid form, like Reshiram and Zekrom.

I could also see Reshiram and Zekrom fusing... now THAT would be cool ;D

allBlue

legendary cake lover
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 15, 2013
    I doubt there will be a third game on DS platform especially with the latest rumor flying around wherein 3DS being released in november 22nd in the west.
    I personally am excited for the prospect of pokemon game on the new handheld with fully rendered 3D environments/sprites, can't wait!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I doubt there will be a third game on DS platform especially with the latest rumor flying around wherein 3DS being released in november 22nd in the west.
    I personally am excited for the prospect of pokemon game on the new handheld with fully rendered 3D environments/sprites, can't wait!
    Yeah I think so too, so the third game will come out next year or two years from now...

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    At first I thought that the Ice/Dragon was obvious, but when you look at the stats and movepool... let's not forget that a third Pokemon would somewhat hinder the yin/yang theme they have going on. I can't help but think that the third game legendary will not be the third member of a trio at all - I believe that Reshiram and Zekrom are a duo, not two parts of a trio. I suspect that we will see a different story, and the boxart Pokemon will be an unrelated (or tangentially related) legendary, like Suicine was for Crystal after the Ho-oh/Lugia duo of Gold and Silver.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • At first I thought that the Ice/Dragon was obvious, but when you look at the stats and movepool... let's not forget that a third Pokemon would somewhat hinder the yin/yang theme they have going on. I can't help but think that the third game legendary will not be the third member of a trio at all - I believe that Reshiram and Zekrom are a duo, not two parts of a trio. I suspect that we will see a different story, and the boxart Pokemon will be an unrelated (or tangentially related) legendary, like Suicine was for Crystal after the Ho-oh/Lugia duo of Gold and Silver.

Hopefully. But that means that there isn't a reason for it to have been Dragon/Ice. Or is there. Maybe the third game will be based on the Ice Age. Suicune>Ho-Oh=Lugia

So that might be what they'll do here. Two unrelated and the other. So maybe it'll be about the Reijins. Maybe the the Ground/Flying one since it's after Zeckrom. Currently, it's Reshiram>Kyuremu=Zeckrom

Years
  • Hopefully. But that means that there isn't a reason for it to have been Dragon/Ice. Or is there. Maybe the third game will be based on the Ice Age. Suicune>Ho-Oh=Lugia

So that might be what they'll do here. Two unrelated and the other. So maybe it'll be about the Reijins. Maybe the the Ground/Flying one since it's after Zeckrom. Currently, it's Reshiram>Kyuremu=Zeckrom
    Uh no it's Zekrom> Kyuremu= Reshiram as Zekrom is weak against Ice and Kyuremu is weak against fire but it's dragon half protects it and Reshiram is being part dragon is weak against ice but it's fire half protects it and Zekrom has no protection from Kyuremu...

Years
  • The Third will be about the Ice/Dragon, just watch.

The Ice/Dragon represents the Ice Age- before human civilization started. In human terms, Technology (Zekrom), and an environment conducive to Human use, aka Nature (Reshiram) were made possible by the end of the last Ice Age (The Ice Dragon). What would be the quickest way to bring about the end of human civilization, and to subjugate Nature? An Ice Age.

Last edited:

zapdosa

GG
    Years
  • The Third will be about the Ice/Dragon, just watch.

The Ice/Dragon represents the Ice Age- before human civilization started. In human terms, Technology (Zekrom), and an environment conducive to Human use, aka Nature (Reshiram) were made possible by the end of the last Ice Age (The Ice Dragon). What would be the quickest way to bring about the end of human civilization, and to subjugate Nature? An Ice Age.

This fits in perfectly to what I also believe. Kyuremu most likely came from a very, very distant past as Lime_Wire explains it indeed must be from the Ice-Age.

So this could ultimately be the reason why it's base stat total is not up to par with Reshiram and Zekrom's.

It simply did not need that much power back then. Which is why this leads me to believe it will have another form but the exact opposite of how Giratina's forms work.

It will be in it's Origin Form for Black and White. But in the 3rd game it will be obtainable in it's Advanced/Altered Form and it's base stat total will increase to 680 in this form equalizing Reshiram and Zekrom's total. It may also even learn a couple of new moves in this process, who knows.

Pokemon can really go all out on this. Let's just hope they will! :D

Years
  • This fits in perfectly to what I also believe. Kyuremu most likely came from a very, very distant past as Lime_Wire explains it indeed must be from the Ice-Age.

So this could ultimately be the reason why it's base stat total is not up to par with Reshiram and Zekrom's.

It simply did not need that much power back then. Which is why this leads me to believe it will have another form but the exact opposite of how Giratina's forms work.

It will be in it's Origin Form for Black and White. But in the 3rd game it will be obtainable in it's Advanced/Altered Form and it's base stat total will increase to 680 in this form equalizing Reshiram and Zekrom's total. It may also even learn a couple of new moves in this process, who knows.

Pokemon can really go all out on this. Let's just hope they will! :D
    Or maybe it weakened over time and it's other forme is it's True or Origin forme...

Years
  • But this would make absolutely no sense. It would need to be stronger in the future not weaker.

Considering that it will clash with Reshiram and Zekrom.
    Well it could have been asleep for ages in ice and weakened like Regigigas is said to have. If you haven't been awake for too long you would weaken, or it could have de evolved in a way or gained another weaker form as it didn't think it need that much power anymore...

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I think its the ice/dragon ledgendery that is at lv 75~

Years
  • Yeah dude this doesn't make sense.

Why would it get even more weaker when it already is weaker then it's counterparts.

It only makes sense for it to get stronger or remain the same.
    Things de evolve over time instead of evolve over time but maybe it did gain a stronger forme, only Dialga can tell, we will just have to wait...

zapdosa

GG
    Years

• Well it could have been asleep for ages in ice and weakened like Regigigas is said to have. If you haven't been awake for too long you would weaken, or it could have de evolved in a way or gained another weaker form as it didn't think it need that much power anymore...
    But you can't compare Regigigas to Kyuremu. They're completely different Pokemon.

And if it actually does become weaker than think about how much that would totally suck.

I mean seriously, if this Pokemon is going to be the cover of the Third 5th Gen Pokemon Game there's absolutely no reason why the creators would make it weaker.

I think its the ice/dragon ledgendery that is at lv 75~
    Um yeahh, that's what people have been talking about the past couple of pages and what we're currently talking about..

Years
  • But you can't compare Regigigas to Kyuremu. They're completely different Pokemon.

And if it actually does become weaker than think about how much that would totally suck.

I mean seriously, if this Pokemon is going to be the cover of the Third 5th Gen Pokemon Game there's absolutely no reason why the creators would make it weaker.

Um yeahh, that's what people have been talking about the past couple of pages..
    They will use it's other forme for the Cover like they did for Giratina.
    Well Magikarp was said to have gotten weaker over time, I'm giving examples that pokemon can and have weakened over time in game.

zapdosa

GG
    Years
  • They will use it's other forme for the Cover like they did for Giratina.
    Well Magikarp was said to have gotten weaker over time, I'm giving examples that pokemon can and have weakened over time in game.

If it is going to be the cover in the next game they will not use it's form that it is currently in, in Black and White.

They will use it's new/altered/advanced whatever you want to call it form, that will be introduced in the 3rd game lol.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back