• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Since this is just a speculation for the third version, merged to the real speculation discussion.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Thanks for fixing the thread Kaori. You can also delete the poll seeing as new Pokemon isn't possible. Nice avatar by the way.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I do expect some new Formes though... Not only of Kyurem but possibly of some older Pokemon too.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    That would be nice... the types they gave him now are random and limited...

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Well, I just saw that it was Pokemon Platinum that gave us the new evolutions and pre-evolutions that many of you detest. It not only added an extension but redid the Pokedex to suit the National Pokedex. Even though it is said that there are only Isshu Pokemon in Isshu, the eco-system is different and all, and that all the Pokemon already have their National Dex numbers without any gaps, there could still be a possibility that a surprise revelation awaits us. Ken Sugimori did say that 10 artists worked on 17 Pokemon each (or vice versa, please correct me) which equals to 170 and only 156 were revealed to us. Is there a secret 14 that we don't know of?

What are your thoughts about this? Do you like the possibility of new Pokemon coming about, new evos and pre-evos at that, or have you moved on from the idea? Do you like that there's a chance of 14 new Pokemon that we don't know about, or is the number to small for you to believe?

Discuss.

Also, I've accepted that Mamambo =/= Luvdisc evo. They don't even look that much alike x)

Note to Mods: Please move to Third Game Speculation if a whole thread isn't needed for this.
    I don't think that new Pokemon would be added to the third version because it would be compatible with the original B/W. There would be no way that the data for the new Pokemon to be integrated in B/W.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I don't think that new Pokemon would be added to the third version because it would be compatible with the original B/W. There would be no way that the data for the new Pokemon to be integrated in B/W.
    Didn't they add Deoxys though to Gen 3 though? Maybe they can do the same but then again I'm not all that sure what the situation with it was...
    I think that Genosect could use different formes or maybe just one with the same ability as Arceus but for his Discs only.

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
    Years
  • ^ deoxys wasn't a new pokemon. It had the normal deoxys data in R/S.

FR/LG/E added in new forms, but it was still compatible with R/S. If you traded the attack deoxys (FR) to R/S it would turn back into it's original form.

The data for the different forms never existed in R/S, but it's OK, because you can't actually get the new forms into R/S.

Same with Giratina's origin form. It's not programmed into d/p- as it can only be in origin form when in the distorted world (which isn't in d/p) or when it's holding the glicerous orb, which cannot be traded.

Pikachu fan

SUSANOOMON IS NOT AMUSED
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2011
    They might do what they did with emerald, like have a different eighth gym leader and have Shaga as the champion or something.
    First Gym+Triple Battle=Awesome!

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    They might do what they did with emerald, like have a different eighth gym leader and have Shaga as the champion or something.
    I like the idea of a triple battle for the first gym, but don't you think it would be a little too difficult to raise three good Pokemon, that too this early in the game? And those monkey Pokemon are pretty strong as well. x_x To be honest, the first gym was the only one I found challenging, the rest of them were dead easy.

Years
  • They might do what they did with emerald, like have a different eighth gym leader and have Shaga as the champion or something.
    True the eighth gym in each odd gen is special in a way, in gen 1 the leader was the leader of the villian group, in gen 3 they made the original leader the champion and replaced him with his mentor and in gen 5 they added two with one being the leader of one the versions, I wonder if they will make the Isshu 8th gym even more unique?

kazuya.

Ev'rybody Alright!
    Years
  • Honestly I do hope there will be a third game. I really liked BW (I actually purchased both), and honestly I would love to interact with N even after Elite 4...

I hope they would expand the story more so that N could appreciate humanity as story goes on after Elite 4, just like how your rival in GSC matures through journeys.

N is just a poor kid. *hugs*

Oh, and I wish there would be some more move tutors too. One thing I love Pt is how versatile the movepools could be.

I think some more rotation battles would be fun too. Perhaps they are just trying out the reaction of rotation battle in BW at this point?

I could care more and less about its title though. :P

Last edited:

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I also believe (like many other people in this thread) that the next game would be Pokemon Grey. I would be very shocked if it wasn't gray and it turned out to be Pokemon Purple or Pink 0__0

I just can't think of the mascot for the third game of the series, its really hard to determine

:t354:TG

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
  • Kyurem is pretty obvious as a mascot, what with a BST of 660 and its typing. I expect an alternate form or exclusive ability for the third game that helps it out, similar to Giratina.

As for other predictions:

-Both Black City and White Forest will be retained.
    -The first gym will stay as it is.
    -The eighth gym will become a double battle.
    -There will be at least three Pokémon with new alternate forms.
    -There will be a Battle Frontier, of which the Battle Subway is a facility.
    -Rotom will be able to learn Roost via move tutor.
    -N will catch both Reshiram and Zekrom, and the player will be forced to catch Kyurem.
    -Whatever glitches are found in B/W will be fixed.

Years
  • Kyurem is pretty obvious as a mascot, what with a BST of 660 and its typing. I expect an alternate form or exclusive ability for the third game that helps it out, similar to Giratina.

As for other predictions:

-Both Black City and White Forest will be retained.
    -The first gym will stay as it is.
    -The eighth gym will become a double battle.
    -There will be at least three Pokémon with new alternate forms.
    -There will be a Battle Frontier, of which the Battle Subway is a facility.
    -Rotom will be able to learn Roost via move tutor.
    -N will catch both Reshiram and Zekrom, and the player will be forced to catch Kyurem.
    -Whatever glitches are found in B/W will be fixed.
    I've been wondering if N does capture both Reshiram and Zekrom, will he release them after we beat him or keep them...I hope he releases them so then we can get all three like in most third version :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back