• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
  • What if they dont come out with a third game? D: I feel like they won't

I don't see why they wouldn't make a third game. They do still HAVE to reveal Kyurem's alternate form, unless they for some reason decide to do that in the R|S|E remakes... plus there has always been a third game.

Alder... I don't think he would be replaced... or at least, he doesn't have a reason to be. I haven't even fought him yet, and I hardly consider him The champion since he's only there for the second time you challenge the Elite Four. I'm just weird like that though. It would still work out though, and I wouldn't really mind... especially since Alder seems to roam, maybe in the third game he'll have resigned from his position as champion, and then he's replaced by someone like Marshal or Drayden... or maybe even Iris.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I'd like that, and I certainly suppose it would be better than to have musicals around a couple of towns or cities for a third game. n__n

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Safari Zone: We have the DW already - due to that, I don't see it happening. Maybe something in-game similar to the SZ but not actually just like it.

Replacing Alder: Nah, despite me not having battled him, he's Cheren's role model. If anyone, Cheren would be the best replacement for him. :3

chimcharsfireworks

Lennetto Region Champion
    Years
  • Things that I hope for:
    -A new battle frontier similar to the Hoenn one. I loved the Battle Pike and Battle Pyramid.
    -More areas to explore. It got really boring when I beat the game. Adding extensions to some of the maps would be awesome :D
    -1st gym should be a triple battle, it would be so much harder.
    -Higher levels. I had no difficulties with any of the gyms and only lost to Clay because I didn't have Deerling yet. Came back and I owned him.
    -More national Pokemon available after the game. Maybe some past legends?
    -I'd like to see them do something with Anville Town. Maybe that's where the new Battle Frontier could be?
    -Cheren and Bianca should slowly grow like Barry (the rival) did in the Battle Zone of Platinum. I'd love for them to have level 87 starters or something like that :3
    -A super hard trainer like Red or something at the end of Challenger's Cave. Maybe a Ghetsis or N rematch?
    -I'd love to have move tutors that could teach your Pokemon moves similar to the ones in HeartGold and SoulSilver. I loved Thunder, Ice, and Fire Punch <3
    -I'd like a Safari Zone actually. But make it better than the HgSs one. It was just annoying.

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    -A super hard trainer like Red or something at the end of Challenger's Cave. Maybe a Ghetsis or N rematch?

I remember asking what there was to do after the game, and had done everything once except for the cave...I was like "so what's in it?" and my friends told me "pretty much nothing, it's just a cave." I was so disappointed ):

I don't think there should necessarily be a rematch in there, but definitely something should happen.

Poptart Mew

Pokénoob
    Years
  • There should be like...something where someone related to N comes in at a scene or something like that. besidesthatdudewhosenamesoundslikespaghetti

And I REALLLY hope Kyurem gets at least a little change of what he looks like now. ;__;

Last edited:

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • What I would like to see more of is the Battle SUbway with some major improvements. I was expecting a lot from the game, and I was infact, let down by it. There isn't even any sort of a Wifi game you can play with others in a tag battle, which is really disappointing if you ask me. There should be more modes of fun, with what someone above said, involve Anville City somehow, because that place is only accessible through the Battle Subway. There should be some more modes, which is what I really want from ther place. :)

As for other things, I would really like to see more affiliation with some other legendaries. When you look back at D/P/Pt's games, the other legends play some sort of role in the main plot of the story. This one it seems like it's only Reshiram and Zekrom. Maybe Tornados and Thundurus could play some role with post-Elite Four activities with Team Plasma, I don't know, but something extra would be nice. Maybe something like during the battle with N at his castle, the battle is cut short because the two dragons are enraged, and you have to go find Meloetta for an Ancient Song to be played to make them rest and cooperate against Ghetsis' big plans or something.

One thing I would like to see is more stuff with the boats on Castelia City. Maybe you could meet Professor Juniper, or someone else there to do some water stuff, and then you have to help them out with some research or something, which would be nice. Just more about nothing is what I would like to see in the third installment of the game. :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    You're only looking back on Platinum.

The Lake Trio did barely anything in Diamond or Pearl and Giratina was hiding in a cave before Platinum came out.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'd love to see Kyurem getting another Forme, and its two, currently, unobtainable attacks. Having Pokémon follow you around like in HG/SS might be cool, too.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • Has anybody else noticed that Kyurem is the only member of the Tao Trio to not learn a second signature move at level 100? This is shown on this page. Does anyone else think that Kyurem may get another signature move at level 100 with the third game?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023

One thing I would like to see is more stuff with the boats on Castelia City. Maybe you could meet Professor Juniper, or someone else there to do some water stuff, and then you have to help them out with some research or something, which would be nice. Just more about nothing is what I would like to see in the third installment of the game. :)

More about nothing, lol. But I do agree. It was a great idea having the ports, but with only one being pretty much useful during the game (and only accessable post e4 anyways) it just seems a waste. You could just extend upon the Royal Unova and have multiple boats that take you to different places with different cutscenes which only leave at certain times of the day, but with no trainers to battle so the Royal Unova would still have use.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    1. I want the story in arc form.
    For example if any of you guys have played kingdom hearts 2 after you beat all the worlds you have to go back and do them again but with further story added. Lets say after you beat the eliet four before you can challenge the gym leader for a rematch you have to do a little side quest with them. Maybe they will follow you like your tag partner in gen 4. And i want the rematch levels to be in the 80's.

2. instead of a battle frontier i want an actual pokemon leauge. It can be similar to the battle building next to the pokemon center in nimbassa city.

3. I want to see this tournement with all the champions that cynthia talks about.

4. I wann see prof oak.

5. I wanna see it on the 3ds( not for the 3d aspect but for the meomory space and the graphics.

6. If it is on the 3ds i want downloadable content such as new trainers and storyline events.

7. I want the menu system from HG/SS back.

8. I want expanded city and towns

9. i want a bigger map( goes with 8)

10. Follow me feature to return and maybe optional

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • 1. I want the story in arc form.
    For example if any of you guys have played kingdom hearts 2 after you beat all the worlds you have to go back and do them again but with further story added. Lets say after you beat the eliet four before you can challenge the gym leader for a rematch you have to do a little side quest with them. Maybe they will follow you like your tag partner in gen 4. And i want the rematch levels to be in the 80's.

This won't happen tbh. \: It'll be to much for a cartridge to have on it. IMO.

2. instead of a battle frontier i want an actual pokemon leauge. It can be similar to the battle building next to the pokemon center in nimbassa city.

there's a battle building? I think a battle frontier would be better, :3 Only if it had new toy's to play with.

3. I want to see this tournement with all the champions that cynthia talks about.

That won't happen.

4. I wann see prof oak.

Me too! 8D

5. I wanna see it on the 3ds( not for the 3d aspect but for the meomory space and the graphics.

I doubt it, 3rd version games are usually kept to the same console. Something tells me that it will be the last Pokemon game on the Ds.

6. If it is on the 3ds i want downloadable content such as new trainers and storyline events.

Meh, answer 5 covers this.

7. I want the menu system from HG/SS back.

So do I. It was so much easier, but I doubt it will come back.

8. I want expanded city and towns

More towns and cities. I want a larger city like a second Castelia.

9. i want a bigger map( goes with 8)

It's only a 3rd version, not a new game, I doubt half of these things will happen, (not just yours but everyone else's. \: Just sayin')

10. Follow me feature to return and maybe optional

I also want this, hopefully it will return! But not optional! >:) You will have Pokemon follow you.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    This won't happen tbh. \: It'll be to much for a cartridge to have on it. IMO.

I dont think so. If so they should utilize the 3ds memory

there's a battle building? I think a battle frontier would be better, :3 Only if it had new toy's to play with.

the battle subyway is just like the frontier. But no reason they cant have mini game battles in nimbassa city since it is an amusment park

That won't happen.

Idk I mean there was no reason to even put that in there so im pretty sure it will happen this generation. I mean it can be done now since there are 5 champions plus you makes 6 so...sounds like a tournement to me lol

Me too! 8D

could actually come to see the champions battle

I doubt it, 3rd version games are usually kept to the same console. Something tells me that it will be the last Pokemon game on the Ds.

well i mean we already have pokemon game coming to the 3ds so it could happen...theres no reason it shouldnt happen we are not gonna see it until sep of 2012 enough time for people to get a 3ds.

Meh, answer 5 covers this.

So do I. It was so much easier, but I doubt it will come back.

More towns and cities. I want a larger city like a second Castelia.

It's only a 3rd version, not a new game, I doubt half of these things will happen, (not just yours but everyone else's. \: Just sayin')

yea i know lol

I also want this, hopefully it will return! But not optional! >:) You will have Pokemon follow you.

hopefully they will do something to blow are minds

Sigilyph

local psychopath
    Years
  • This won't happen tbh. \: It'll be to much for a cartridge to have on it. IMO.

bw only used about 25% of what the cartridge could use. imo!!!

there are only 3 things I want in "Grey"

- battle the two goddesses
    - a more developed post-plot story
    - confirmation that the striation gym leaders are the dark trinity

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • There's a piece of evidence in BW that, to me, suggests that you may be able to travel to Sinnoh in Gray. After beating Cynthia for the first time, when you go back to her house and talk to Skyla, she says that her cargo plane could easily travel to Sinnoh. Perhaps you'll be able to take advantage of that fact in the post-game of Gray.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back