• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • it could possibly work before seeing how the bird trio was in both Plat and later HgSs but then again they weren't the mascots of the remakes...also doing that would kind of beat some of the point of having said remakes...
    Back to Pokemon Grey: They had a nice idea with the white forest and Black city in bw but they just had to go make it gimmicky...how about Grey village isn't and automatically has several people.
    I imagine Arceus being in the abysmal ruins too seeing as it has all it's plates plus it would allow for it to be captured in game similar to mew in Emerald (seeing how the DPPt event was skipped...) and it'll give the player a bigger incentive to go there rather than just to get easy cash.
    I can see the dragon trio in it, they could have plasma try to get them and explain why they got the orbs. Oh and looker could say something of how Cyrus tried doing that ect.Speaking of Cyrus...they could have him team up with Ghetsis in the end...

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Get rid of Black City / White Forest because they're nearly pointless for most people who don't have dozens of people to exchange with an a pain to keep populated every day.
    They're nice to look at. xD;

Well, instead of just removing them, why not just give it more features, that don't require a friend or another DS/3DS.

Chiar

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2014
    -Make Bouffalant the evolved form of Tauros.
    -Make Alomomola the evolved form of Luvdisc.
    I don't like this idea. Alomomola has not much in common with Luvdisc, it has different stat distribution and use. Bouffalant's design is not similiar to Tauros and has the same BST and nearly the same stat distribution. That would also ruin Miltank's role as Tauros' counterpart.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015

They're nice to look at. xD;

Well, instead of just removing them, why not just give it more features, that don't require a friend or another DS/3DS.

Considering they had a few triple/rotation battles, I would like them to be the hub of those as well as the online capabilities. It would be easy to implement that in Black through a tower in Black City, not sure how it would be implemented in White...maybe something like a large Redwood that you can walk into, and fight people there so it's more natural?

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2013
    I think it would be best to have a Grey Village, which had pokemon availiable for capture and people to battle, but people just came and went regardless of interacting with other people, so you would get all of the trainers and pokemon, but not at the same time.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I don't like this idea. Alomomola has not much in common with Luvdisc, it has different stat distribution and use. Bouffalant's design is not similiar to Tauros and has the same BST and nearly the same stat distribution. That would also ruin Miltank's role as Tauros' counterpart.
    Although I agree that don't have a relation with one another I still wouldn't rule a counterpart getting an evolution over another one. Seems like Scyther and Pinsir are counter parts but did Pinsir get an evolution? Jynx also struck me as a three way counterpart to Electabuzz and Magmar but yet it didn't get an evolution.

I think it would be best to have a Grey Village, which had pokemon availiable for capture and people to battle, but people just came and went regardless of interacting with other people, so you would get all of the trainers and pokemon, but not at the same time.
    Or they could just incorporate Black City and White Forest in the same area.

Years
  • Maybe you can team up with the players friends against the bad guys similar to how Brandon/May and Lucas/Dawn teamed up with Steven against Magma (in emerald) and Pearl against Galactic respectively.
    I'll like to see a new side area like the tower north of seven isle and north of Mauvile city. Perhaps the tower can be in the city near the great chasm as it'll give the player a reason to visit the city.

Theab95

Legend hunter
    Years
  • I think they will announce it this month, I mean If they are gonna make the R/S remakes in 2012 too I'm very sure they will announce any of the games
    very soon.

Last edited:

Simmy93

Aspiring Emulator
    Years
  • People really are over thinking what they'll add.. Do they ever -really- add major things? Crystal had moving sprites and a bit of a storyline using suicune. Emerald they dressed in Green and had the Battle Fronteir.. And Platinum? Oh joy the Distortion World..

Theab95

Legend hunter
    Years
  • One of the new changes I want which I think it will happen is the animation of the
    trainers when they throw a Pokeball, I really want to see that.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • TV Tokyo has posted the summary for the episode of Pokémon Smash, a variety show that covers all aspects of the franchise, due to air next week on Sunday 18th of September. In this summary, it mentions that Pokémon Game Creator, Junichi Masuda is set to appear on the show with a massive shock announcement. While it is possible that the announcement could be unrelated to a new game such as the reveal of Keldeo or the other new Pokémon, his announcements in the past similar to this have ended up being new games. This follows on from Pokémon Company CEO Tsunekazu Ishihara hinting that there are more surprises coming this year. If it is a game announcement, it's possible that the reveal of this game will be in CoroCoro, which is due any day now and/or in Nintendo's special 3DS conference in Japan on Tuesday morning. We'll bring more on this, including confirmation on the announcement as and when it comes.

That's from Serebii and I'm really hoping for a new game.

Years
  • I also hope that it's the third version if not then...the news wasn't that "shocking"...it could also be remakes :)
    Yeah they never add much in the third versions other than new formes and graphic changes and more story line revolving around the mascot...but all those things are good for me, especially the graphic part for this generation...

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2020
    I definately think it's remakes or 3rd version.. they were already talking about Mewtwo.. so why would it be a shocking announcement to have it for an event?

I'm not bothered which tbh. As long as they have the pokemon following you option for the RS remakes/3rd version I will love it!

Years
  • The thing behind the question mark is proably Kyurem's other forme and game title. So would it be grey? Clear? Chrome?If remakes then would it be Magmaruby and Aquasapphire? Landruby and oceansapphire? Or Skyemerald? ( just realized but Hoenn's remakes have longer titles than monochrome...)I wonder if N will also get a clothes change.I'm hope they add the seasonal clothes change that was rumored to have been in BW, I mean Hilda has barely anything to protect her from the snowy winter but then again Kanto's ice e four and Sinnoh's seventh gym leader had skirts too...

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Yeah I definitely can't see N's clothes changing, and probably not Hilda's or Hilbert's either. I mean, when would you even see that? There are barely any places in the game where you can see your own full character.

And @Simmy: The Battle Frontier, a change in story, and the addition of a whole new area are not very minor changes. You're dismissing them as if they're nothing when they're not. You may not have liked those additions, doesn't mean they weren't major.

Years
  • Wonder if their new clothes will have tons of grey in them simlar to how May and Brandon's turned green in Emerald and slightly changed.Also I can see Mewtwo somehow having had found it's way to Challenger's cave, where it has it's signature move.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Yeah I definitely can't see N's clothes changing, and probably not Hilda's or Hilbert's either. I mean, when would you even see that? There are barely any places in the game where you can see your own full character.

And @Simmy: The Battle Frontier, a change in story, and the addition of a whole new area are not very minor changes. You're dismissing them as if they're nothing when they're not. You may not have liked those additions, doesn't mean they weren't major.
    I don't know, they created a bit of a difference in character clothing for the protagonists in Emerald and Platinum which were both third games in their generation, so they might have a chance of doing it this third game as well. There's always the trainer card and the half part of your character you see in the beginning of a battle (and when you throw out a pokéball) so...why not? I wouldn't mind anyway. And if it was seasonal that would be pretty cool as well. Makes things a bit more realistic.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015

I don't know, they created a bit of a difference in character clothing for the protagonists in Emerald and Platinum which were both third games in their generation, so they might have a chance of doing it this third game as well. There's always the trainer card and the half part of your character you see in the beginning of a battle (and when you throw out a pokéball) so...why not? I wouldn't mind anyway. And if it was seasonal that would be pretty cool as well. Makes things a bit more realistic.

This is true...also it doubt it would be that difficult to replace the sprite with slightly changed clothes tbh, so it is possible. I still can't see N though, just because...there's no reason. It's not like his clothes are particularly unsuited to certain types of weather like Hilda's are.

Besides I like his outfit

Years
  • You know how people have speculated on here that the third version would have an Ice age? Well One day I was looking at the map and saw that the gym leader trio's town had the text "Entry stairs built in memory of a former home in a snowier climate" and thought that perhaps most of unova was once snowy so maybe Kyurem had something to do with this. If not Kyurem related then it proably refers to the settlers of Unova which still had something to do with the tao trio.Speaking of sites I'm hoping their is more of relic castle to explore and maybe we can learn why or how it was abandoned...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back