• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    It seems that the new Pokemon game is PokePark 2.
    I was hoping for the 3rd game:(

The PokePark announcement was in Coro Coro, not on the TV show that claimed to have an announcement. So it could still very well be another announcement.

If it is the third game, would it be for the 3DS or the DS? That's the question...if it's for the 3DS, then they would have had to remake the entire game just for a 3D audience. But then again, B/W came out recently enough that they obviously knew how their system worked when they came out...so it's possible they just made third game alongside the other two on a different system. That would also make a nice connection between the R/S remakes and this generation, because if all three of these are on DS and the remakes are on 3DS, they may be considered the beginning of gen 6 instead of the end of gen 5.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I'm holding on to the same hope as you Toujours.
    Anyways which pokemon sprites do you guys think they'll change in Grey or should they focus on their quality instead of changing animation?

Theab95

Legend hunter
    Years
  • I'm holding on to the same hope as you Toujours.
    Anyways which pokemon sprites do you guys think they'll change in Grey or should they focus on their quality instead of changing animation?
    I think they will do an animation of the Pokemon when it comes out
    from the Pokeball, what I mean like the C/E/D/P/Pt/HG/SS ones, then
    the long animation.(Sorry if I can't explain clearly).

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    If they were to use the same sprites as the previous game (which they won't) it'd most likely be the same as they do with most games - new graphics for the Pokémon that show up during normally game play and new sprites for characters.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Do you think, if they choose to do this game for the 3DS, they'd keep the Pokemon/trainers as sprites like they have for everything previous? Or would they make the transition into 3D?

...or both?

k8ydo.jpg

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Nah, I found it on a wallpaper long, long ago. If this game was for the 3DS, I could see it not being full 3D - for example, the bridges and such could be 3D, the cutscenes, but the actual gameplay no because it's so filled with sprites. Idk what they'll do in later gens though.

Years
  • that seems nice, also 2.5 d is possible seeing as before pokemon went 3D they were 2.5, if this were to happen we would eventually have a 3D battle game for the main series.
    Do you think Kyurem's other forme will be serpentine like Giratina's origin forme was? It'll kind of make sense if so as western dragon were traditionally violent while eastern were considered gods (god stone?)

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Do you think, if they choose to do this game for the 3DS, they'd keep the Pokemon/trainers as sprites like they have for everything previous?

No.

Drawing thousands of sprites again is a pointless waste of their time and money when they can use the graphics that were made for the 3D games like Colloseum, XD, Battle Revolution, Pokédex 3D, Poképark 1 & 2 and Battrio. That means they have most Pokémon ready to be used in a game instead of drawing another 1,300 sprites.

Last edited:

Theab95

Legend hunter
    Years
  • They won't make 3d spirits simply because it's the 3rd version, it will be like B/W just with updated storyline and other things, but not the graphics.
    I think we'll see 3d spirits in the next generation, That's why it's pointless If it's gonna be for 3DS.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    They won't make 3d spirits simply because it's the 3rd version, it will be like B/W just with updated storyline and other things, but not the graphics.
    I think we'll see 3d spirits in the next generation, That's why it's pointless If it's gonna be for 3DS.

They already have the unova Pokemon in 3d . I cant see any good reason why they wouldn't make the 3rd game with the same graphics if the game is on the 3ds.
    Some could argue that it would take a long time to get all 649 pokemon in 3d and make it into a game, but im pretty sure they had this generation planed out before they got started on it. So it all depends on what they wanted to do this generation. Its not like they dont have the money. Besides its Nintendo second most successful and lucrative video game-based media franchise ......heck its the second most successful and lucrative video game-based media franchise in the world

Jovi

schadenfreude
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2012
    A graphical re-haul seems out of the question. The previous third entries in each generation had only seen small enhancements here and there, not something as big as changing from sprites to 3D models. It's more likely we'll be seeing them next generation though, as Theab said.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Not even Nintendo would dare to release a 3DS game that looks just like the DS game that came out last year.

You simply can't compare this to previous games because we've never been in this situation before - where the last system has been abandoned inbetween the games coming out.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    A graphical re-haul seems out of the question. The previous third entries in each generation had only seen small enhancements here and there, not something as big as changing from sprites to 3D models. It's more likely we'll be seeing them next generation though, as Theab said.

Think about what you said. The previous generations has never done that, but they never had a next gen game console to come out in the middle of a pokemon generation ( except gen 2, but compare the gameboy color to the 3ds) So it could happen

Years
  • Think about what you said. The previous generations has never done that, but they never had a next gen game console to come out in the middle of a pokemon generation ( except gen 2, but compare the gameboy color to the 3ds) So it could happen

You have a point. But the one thing you are forgetting, it's Nintendo, so most likely they just make a third game that looks a lot like the first two.
    Another option is, they DON'T make a third game. But that would be odd x'D

Years
  • Well gen II's pokemon Crystal brought in color and movable sprites so the Grey could be the same but in a bigger scale, with 3D models rather than color or movable sprites.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • I don't think they should jump all the way to 3D models yet. BUT I think it would be cool for pokemon to have slightly different animations while using a move.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back