• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

@World

Sparking Wild Bolt
Years
  • Pokémon Gray sounds so ... meh
    It's not as epic... A metal would be better IMO, I'd go with Chrome...

hever

猿も木から落ちる
    Years
  • Some possibilities:

Pokemon Neutral
    Pokemon Gray/Grey
    Pokemon Invisible
    Pokemon Translucent
    Pokemon Almost Transparent
    Pokemon Blueish Gray that it looks Neutral
    Pokemon Blackened White
    Pokemon Bleach
    Pokemon Char
    Pokemon Burnt
    Pokemon Explosion
    Pokemon Blank

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Grey seems far too obvious. It'll be something random like Maroon... or maybe not even a color.

Heck, there might not even be a third version.

There will be there always is

2umbreon212

Teen Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2012
    Gray

Well, i heard that Nintendo put a trademark on "Pokemon Gray"

I also heard that they also put trademarks on names like "Pokemon Crimson," which I think would never be the name of a Pokemon game

"Pokemon Gray" seems to go with the names now, but Nintendo might change the names due to people's comments, which i hope doesn't happen since i think the names are nice

Japan probably doesn't have these comments, since the names are based of the Japanese noun not the adjective, which have two different ways of spelling it.

But since America has only one way to spell black and white, so of course people are going to make these comments

~Wind~

Detective
    Years
  • Im sorry but i think you may be mistaken, they wouldn't be putting trademarks on things this early. :\ And anyway, lots of people came up with the idea that hgss would be "dawn gold" and "dusk silver" and even made up that they put trademarks on it.
    Not saying you're doing smething like that, I just dont think you have a reliable source there. :\

Wind

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
  • It's not hard to make a trademark. They likely have, and likely own a lot of names.

It's certainly not too early, the third version is at least already in planning.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • Nintendo have trademarks on Brown, Gray, Purple, Crimson (can also be translated as Red), two different Japanese words for Scarlet (both can also be translated as Red) and Opal. They also registered domains for DawnGold and DuskSilver.

They've had all of these for a long time (but they also had Black and White for a long time and they've been used now)

Arolu

Time to cut some slack...
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2010
    Well, the mascots for Black and White are to do with Ying & Yang, so it seems obvious that the title for the next game will be about combining the two; Grey.
    :)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    In relation to the names mentioned a few posts back, I was actually thinking about them tonight and by process of elimination, I actually now think the third game name will be Opal.

I think it just relates to the G/S/C pattern in relation to D/P/Pt, which are the game names with opposing names, in other words, it should match up like Gold/Silver/Platinum and Diamond/Pearl/Crystal. Then I look at R/B/Y and R/S/E, which actually match up as per their previous two games. Because of these two patterns, B/W is the 5th, and the odd one out. (Also notice how the matching names pattern were set at the same time). This means Black and White, both colours, should best match up with something that relates less to the other generations. The two it followed - with "neutral" colours, like Diamond/Pearl/Gold/Silver, etc, being...idk lightish, not really on the colour spectrum (Uh, unsure how to describe it), and the fact that these are Black and White, being neutral colours, too... suggests that the third game won't follow the pattern of matching up colours with colours, or gems with gems and instead a colour that contrasts the two, well, combines them. Opal is sort of like a whiteish colour, which can also be seen to be sort of misty, together that could be the combination of Black and White. Due to this, I believe there will be a grey legendary within B/W that people will be all like "omg new game is gray/grey", when they'll overlook the fact that in B/W, the title legendaries were contrasting, not complimentary colours (well, I think that's what I mean at least), but yeah, logically the third game will be named Opal.

Then again, this is just my theory, so yeah.

Last edited:

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
  • I dont see why people are putting 'chrome' and 'metalic'

Black and white are bland, chrome and metalic aren't. Which leads to grey being the next game.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • It will probably be Pokemon Grey, or it could be something with time. It seems like they named the two main games for many reasons:

- Yin and Yang
    - The past
    - Good and Evil

wert5679

Returning Trainer
    Years
  • I say gray version because the games are being named for good and evil right? the third game can subvert this and show times where you must do evil for the greater good Like say work with the evil team on a to save the legendary or make it so the supposed evil team were being evil to protect the region from termination thus placing the team in a shade of gray on the scale of morality thus the name of the third version would be gray.
    Like how Platinum upped the ante on the creepiness Gray could up the ante on Morality in the games instead of the simple good vs evil.

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2024
    Grey, while it fits, is bland and I, personally, find it unlikely.

That said, I don't really know what it should be. The only thing I can thing of is color. Unfortunately, Pokemon Chromatic, Pokemon Color and Pokemon Rainbow are stupid names.

yufang

Brain-Damaged Kid
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2016
    Yeah the games new names might be changed to Dusk & Dawn, other names ight offend people, so the third game could be Twilight

If they did that, they'll probably put it on another pokemon version set

Wentworth

ウェントワース
    Years
  • I see how Gray would fit the spot. Going to a non-generic color would be out of place between the already named games (in my point of view, anyway), and it just appeals to me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back