• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Third Version Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    There is a theory about Ash being the reason behind Pokemon Z's late announcement
    http://ryo-genken.tumblr.com/post/137990343280/theory-ash-is-the-reason-why-pokemon-z-hasnt

All though , I don't agree But I think that The Upcoming movie has some connection with The Third version So Game-freak delaying the announcement of the Third version.
    at this point most just want ash off of the show. its a very stupid theory especially given the existence of pokemon yellow and the fact that he's based on red.
    its more likely that they'd try to bring Allan into the games then ash.
    ash never catches the legends, even though he should have caught meloetta.
    she was stalking him & the rest of the group for all that time, only for some throw-away character to fly off with her on a golurk

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    Just when I thought I've seen every crack theory from here all the way to Timbuktu...

I think a more interesting question is why they're not airing XY&Z in the United States until February 20th. My gut feelings say worldwide game announcement in the first half of February, maybe...

Also the 20th of February. Hmmm.... suspicious.
    Are we supposed to get a Direct this month? I heard some of you saying there is always a Nintendo Direct in January. I actually expect a Direct on February 1st to kick off the Pokemon 20th anniversary month. In said Direct they could talk about Pokemon GO, Detective Pikachu, Pokken Tournament (and reveal new fighters) and as a special surprise the long awaited reveal of 'Z'.
    please i want this so much plsss

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Also the 20th of February. Hmmm.... suspicious.
    Are we supposed to get a Direct this month? I heard some of you saying there is always a Nintendo Direct in January. I actually expect a Direct on February 1st to kick off the Pokemon 20th anniversary month. In said Direct they could talk about Pokemon GO, Detective Pikachu, Pokken Tournament (and reveal new fighters) and as a special surprise the long awaited reveal of 'Z'.
    please i want this so much plsss
    Well actually there's usually one in either Jan or Feb, sometimes both. I think the second half of February is more likely to have an announcement.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • Welp, since January is pretty much over, I think that a Direct in February would be more likely. I don't even know if they were supposed to have one, I'm not all too familiar with how they do those... except I know they'll only give a few days in advance in some cases.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I wish they'd incorporated Detective Pikachu ideas and whatnot into a main series game rather than turning it all into a spin-off; I feel it would've been more interesting and original this way.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    I wish they'd incorporated Detective Pikachu ideas and whatnot into a main series game rather than turning it all into a spin-off; I feel it would've been more interesting and original this way.

yes, cause thats all we need is "Looker the Deranged Pikachu" on the case
    *WARNING* THERE IS CURSING IN THIS SPOILER
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Years
  • Welp, since January is pretty much over, I think that a Direct in February would be more likely. I don't even know if they were supposed to have one, I'm not all too familiar with how they do those... except I know they'll only give a few days in advance in some cases.

Here's a list of them thus far: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_Direct_presentations

The first full year they did them in was 2012. That one was in the third week of February. 2013 had a Wii U dedicated one in late January and another general one in Valentine's day in addition to several focused directs in both months (including the Pokemon Direct that showed off XY).
    2014 had one by mid February too (it aired in Valentine's day in Japan and Australia while it was still the 13th in NA and Europe). 2015 also had a February one on the same days as 2014 too.
    So three years of Directs around Valentine's day would indicate that we should get a Direct by the middle of next month. If so then we aren't that far off. Corocoro might hint at major game news next month during the March issue (the one coming out on the 15th of next month), while the Direct can get a head start in announcing the 'Z', with Corocoro having more info.

So perhaps Pokemon will give it's fans some love this Valentine's day...as that's when the lines I've drawn are pointing to...

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
    Years
  • I'm not trolling at any way. As I said b4 I wasn't trolling and not joking and not partly trolling. I just said what GameFreak could make in the future if they had this Ideas, it would be really cool too cause I actually like the sims and if Pokémon had such a system it would be more interesting and more real, y'know. I'm never trolling, think what you like but I weren't trolling at all, never mind what you say or what you say in future I won't respond anymore to you cause this is too childish for me. I don't need to explain why I didn't troll and I hope 4 you that you stops with this, I just told my opinion if you don't like it you could say: "I don't like your Opinion" instead of saying such childish stuffs.

I didn't mean that you weren't serious about wanting to see Sims-like gameplay in a Pokémon game, Pokébook: it's just that the likelihood of this occurring any time soon is…well, not high at all, given what precedent Game Freak has established with the franchise. The Pokémon games are targeted more at kids, pre-teens, and early teenagers even though they do include elements more suited for older players at times. The most mature games in the series so far are probably Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness, and even they don't do anything like you're suggesting. The most inter-character interaction of any kind that we're likely to get (besides the standard name customization and dialog) is more player customization and maybe some more teen romance like we saw in ΩR/αS (and, now that I think about it, Colosseum as well.) Since this thread is for speculating about the very next game or games that we expect Game Freak to add to the franchise, it isn't exactly the best place to post 'what if?'-type wish list items. They'll probably keep the Gogoat Shuttle, though, so that takes care of your request for a taxi service, at least in Lumiose City — were you wanting it to be expanded to cover the entire region of Kalos?

Years
  • I wouldn't mind more areas where we can ride pokemon across. Also I would like it if they included more models for surfing mons, as of OrAs we have Wailmer, Kyogre, and Lapras irc. They can expand it beyond that. Hopefully they've been working on that all this time (along with Gen VII) we've been waiting xD.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • I wouldn't mind more areas where we can ride pokemon across.

This was easily one of my favorite features other than Amie and character customization. I actually like the idea of maybe having this feature replacing a few of the HM's sometime in the future.

EDIT: Found this killer theory about Zygarde and the "Southern Kalos" idea:

http://forums.bulbagarden.net/index...on-vi-the-future.169739/page-375#post-5758707

It's both that post and the one that they had quoted; that all actually sounds like a good idea. Come to think of it, the Zygarde we meet in X/Y's Terminus Cave is at 50%, and I'm assuming that it was in that Forme to stop Team Flare. If we go by that, then that would mean 50% would have been sufficient enough to stop TF in X/Y had not the PC's interfered. Now if we actually get a Southern Kalos in the next game, that may be too much for just one 50% to repair. That's where Complete Forme steps in, to repair both "Northern" and "Southern" Kalos.

Last edited:

Years
  • This was easily one of my favorite features other than Amie and character customization. I actually like the idea of maybe having this feature replacing a few of the HM's sometime in the future.

EDIT: Found this killer theory about Zygarde and the "Southern Kalos" idea:

http://forums.bulbagarden.net/index...on-vi-the-future.169739/page-375#post-5758707

It's both that post and the one that they had quoted; that all actually sounds like a good idea. Come to think of it, the Zygarde we meet in X/Y's Terminus Cave is at 50%, and I'm assuming that it was in that Forme to stop Team Flare. If we go by that, then that would mean 50% would have been sufficient enough to stop TF in X/Y had not the PC's interfered. Now if we actually get a Southern Kalos in the next game, that may be too much for just one 50% to repair. That's where Complete Forme steps in, to repair both "Northern" and "Southern" Kalos.

I think it's more because only one member was used opposed to both Xerneas and Yvetal. Similar to how Rayquaza only stopped the other two weather trio members when they fought (E), but not when they were alone (RSOrAs). Now this is why I think we'll see the entire trio in one game like Emerald and Platinum.

ptisnjunk95

Made in Portugal
    Years
  • this game should have too much land

So about the storyline, I think they can't do a sequel like in BW.
    Spoiler:
    However it would be possible with a great Plot Twist (but a really big one).

About megas, I think they should make a Mega Evolution for the starters that still don't have (if they do that for 4th gen starters, you could say Sinnoh confirmed). I mean, Typhlosion is awesome imagine with a Mega also they could do Mega Mew (I mean, since Mewtwo is a clone of Mew, why Mew doesn't have a mega!?).

About features, I can't imagine Kalos without Trainer Customization, Roller Blades, Skiddo/Gogoat (which could be improved, but no HM please! A ride license!). They could improve the Friend Safari, like having a real Safari where you could explore. DexNAV was an awesome feature in ORAS, but it might not be included in Kalos.

About Pokémon in general, please Nintendo stop target the franchise to children! Don't judge, but I really don't like Amie (aka Modern Tamagotchi). Ok, the puzzles and mini games where enjoyable, but that's... too childish for me! (I got a Sylveon from trade if you want to know). Make it more mature (that would make my mom stop saying that I only play children games)

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • About Pokémon in general, please Nintendo stop target the franchise to children! Don't judge, but I really don't like Amie (aka Modern Tamagotchi). Ok, the puzzles and mini games where enjoyable, but that's... too childish for me! (I got a Sylveon from trade if you want to know). Make it more mature (that would make my mom stop saying that I only play children games)

Having an evil team trying to commit mass genocide, of both humans and Pokemon, of an entire region and possibly the world wasn't mature enough? I don't think Game Freak(not Nintendo) want to or need to go any further than that. The features that you listed such as Amie are also optional, nobody is forcing you to use them.

People that honestly feel this way about Pokemon are barking up the wrong tree and need to find something else to play. Harsh, but it's the truth of it all.

ptisnjunk95

Made in Portugal
    Years
  • Having an evil team trying to commit mass genocide, of both humans and Pokemon, of an entire region and possibly the world wasn't mature enough? I don't think Game Freak(not Nintendo) want to or need to go any further than that. The features that you listed such as Amie are also optional, nobody is forcing you to use them.

People that honestly feel this way about Pokemon are barking up the wrong tree and need to find something else to play. Harsh, but it's the truth of it all.

Yeah, you got a point. It was a start, but not a final solution. Also I didn't said that it shouldn't be mature (if I wanted that I would play GTA instead), just not too targeted to children.

Amie is optional, but if a pokemon gets a higher level of affection, it will have in-battle effects on your Pokémon... So if you want that effects you need to play (or lend someone to play). Basically they're "forcing" you to use them (For example, if you want to get the Lucarionite in ORAS you need to play the contests, which are also "optional", or, also an example, outside Pokémon and Nintendo, like Microsoft asking to upgrade your Windows 7/8/8.1 to Windows 10). And I'm not saying to stop making these type of features. Some people like them, others don't.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • Yeah, you got a point. It was a start, but not a final solution. Also I didn't said that it shouldn't be mature (if I wanted that I would play GTA instead), just not too targeted to children.

Amie is optional, but if a pokemon gets a higher level of affection, it will have in-battle effects on your Pokémon... So if you want that effects you need to play (or lend someone to play). Basically they're "forcing" you to use them (For example, if you want to get the Lucarionite in ORAS you need to play the contests, which are also "optional", or, also an example, outside Pokémon and Nintendo, like Microsoft asking to upgrade your Windows 7/8/8.1 to Windows 10). And I'm not saying to stop making these type of features. Some people like them, others don't.
    You're not really forced to do anything unless you're trying to get a Pokemon that evolves through affection like Sylveon, and the beneficial effects are due to the Pokemon liking you, which you can accomplish by just petting them and feeding them. It's certainly not the same thing as the forced upgrade from Windows 7/8/8.1 to Windows 10 because these days Windows 10 is just downloaded onto your computer with no input from you and attempts to install itself over and over whether you wish it to or not.

I can't really say I mind the benefits much because it makes logical sense; your Pokemon loves you so it gains powers it wouldn't have otherwise, like being able to shrug off normally fatal hits and gaining more experience than normal, and these powers hinge on your Pokemon being affectionate of you. My only issue with it is that it's not tied to friendship levels at all, and because of that you can have a Pokemon with maxed out affection levels but rock bottom friendship, and that makes no sense at all. The two should be one and the same; it doesn't make any sense for it to have access to the power of friendship if it hates you.

ptisnjunk95

Made in Portugal
    Years
  • You're not really forced to do anything unless you're trying to get a Pokemon that evolves through affection like Sylveon, and the beneficial effects are due to the Pokemon liking you, which you can accomplish by just petting them and feeding them. It's certainly not the same thing as the forced upgrade from Windows 7/8/8.1 to Windows 10 because these days Windows 10 is just downloaded onto your computer with no input from you and attempts to install itself over and over whether you wish it to or not.

Okok, it was just an example :P
    I said "optional" coz you can choose if you want or not, but in the end, you will need that sooner or later.

I can't really say I mind the benefits much because it makes logical sense; your Pokemon loves you so it gains powers it wouldn't have otherwise, like being able to shrug off normally fatal hits and gaining more experience than normal, and these powers hinge on your Pokemon being affectionate of you. My only issue with it is that it's not tied to friendship levels at all, and because of that you can have a Pokemon with maxed out affection levels but rock bottom friendship, and that makes no sense at all. The two should be one and the same; it doesn't make any sense for it to have access to the power of friendship if it hates you.

I agree with you. But still is a good feature, I know that. But I simply don't like :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2016
    I am at starting to think this could be the first time where we don't go back to the region. Last Gen we got follows up over a 3rd game so I can see them just changing it again but this time no new Kalos game. Instead whatever they would for Z for the remakes in 10 years. And keep that the thing. Give us sequals if you want in future gens but just drop

Now for the next game if NX does truly release the handheld part of NX this year I can see Gen 7 being a launch. GF has been very silent about it and I feel they can't show anything till Nintendo gives them the go. Now we have had a Direct every jan/feb since 2012 and I can see an early Feb direct officially showing the NX though the real showing will be E3. Allowing GF to show of Gen 7. This is just a theory so don't chew me out XD.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I would think it obvious that the Ash theory is completely trolling. It doesn't even sound real.

Pokemon Z was basically confirmed in a interview a while back, so we are going back to Kalos. Not only that, they can put in a lot of stuff that has been added. I don't see us getting Gen 7 will late next year. I just think we will have more than 1 region and that is why it may be taking so long. I think the game will be big, because this is the 20th year.

ptisnjunk95

Made in Portugal
    Years
  • I would think it obvious that the Ash theory is completely trolling. It doesn't even sound real.

Pokemon Z was basically confirmed in a interview a while back, so we are going back to Kalos. Not only that, they can put in a lot of stuff that has been added. I don't see us getting Gen 7 will late next year. I just think we will have more than 1 region and that is why it may be taking so long. I think the game will be big, because this is the 20th year.

Mariland already theorized about that in 2013:
    https://youtu.be/TJU4yY5r0K0

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back