• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Third Version Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2016
    I would think it obvious that the Ash theory is completely trolling. It doesn't even sound real.

Pokemon Z was basically confirmed in a interview a while back, so we are going back to Kalos. Not only that, they can put in a lot of stuff that has been added. I don't see us getting Gen 7 will late next year. I just think we will have more than 1 region and that is why it may be taking so long. I think the game will be big, because this is the 20th year.

The only interview I read about Z was with Masuda who said it was too predictable. Have not seen any interviews talking about Z. The only other one I saw was the one during Worlds but that said nothing about Z. All it said was the next theme was flowers. That is not to say I did not miss an interview.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I am at starting to think this could be the first time where we don't go back to the region. Last Gen we got follows up over a 3rd game so I can see them just changing it again but this time no new Kalos game. Instead whatever they would for Z for the remakes in 10 years. And keep that the thing. Give us sequals if you want in future gens but just drop

Now for the next game if NX does truly release the handheld part of NX this year I can see Gen 7 being a launch. GF has been very silent about it and I feel they can't show anything till Nintendo gives them the go. Now we have had a Direct every jan/feb since 2012 and I can see an early Feb direct officially showing the NX though the real showing will be E3. Allowing GF to show of Gen 7. This is just a theory so don't chew me out XD.

I think the handheld is rumored to come out next year, but at this point it's all rumors.
    It's possible for us to get Z in a few months, and Gen 7 be announced at years end.

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2016
    I think the handheld is rumored to come out next year, but at this point it's all rumors.
    It's possible for us to get Z in a few months, and Gen 7 be announced at years end.

I am seeing people say 2016 and the home console next year. Though you are right it is rumors but it is worth still paying attention since game rumors have ended up being real at times. Myself I am fine with Z never happening and them adding stuff in a remake later down the road. However I am all for sequels. I just really am sick of enhanced remakes and that goes for any game. I think the amount of them on PS4 and Xbox One just got me annoyed. I am pretty shocked by how many (just online in general) want Z over sequels. Heck I would take DP remakes over Z since I have loved all 3 remakes so far. Idk I just feel by the time Z would come out it would be really weird since the anime arc would likely be done and over with it. Kinda like how we got the Hoenn anime in Nov but the games in March of 2003. By the time the anime came around it just seemed really odd. At least with DP and XY the anime came a few months later. Heck I think the BW anime came a month before we got the games. Unless Z really does changes things and I mean REALLY I think I will pass but I am hoping the 20th anniversary game with be worthy of the wait.

Years
  • While a version involving Zygarde may have been - admittedly it might be less realistic a prospect for games like these than say Rayquaza as a focus was for Emerald, or Suicune for Crystal (perhaps problematically, but ah well) - something that would have gained attention, this generation seems just about spent in terms of hype, etc., and a new game which is basically just the main ones would probably not be seen as a significant shift. It would probably just stagnate things a bit, and make it difficult for the games to recover, which is difficult because the anime has moved into its own anime-land where Pokémon performance is important, Pokémon is mostly for girls and Pokémon are just accessories to anime plot-lines, so they could do with all the impetus they can. That would still probably not help things much, but still. You probably don't want nothing games in your series, other than that doing such things for no reason is likely to let in strange, lewd influences. Other than that, they might want to set aside solving the problems of this generation to the next generation of games, and just stress fidelity to whatever's there, because there are quite a few problems with Pokémon Y and X, really though.

Having an evil team trying to commit mass genocide, of both humans and Pokemon, of an entire region and possibly the world wasn't mature enough?
    That's not particularly 'mature.' Like, seriously, they're just going up to kids and saying, 'Boo, genocide and mass murder are bad, and give bad feelings, feel bad about these things,' etc.? Please, kids are far more intellectual than that.

Years
  • I am seeing people say 2016 and the home console next year. Though you are right it is rumors but it is worth still paying attention since game rumors have ended up being real at times. Myself I am fine with Z never happening and them adding stuff in a remake later down the road. However I am all for sequels. I just really am sick of enhanced remakes and that goes for any game. I think the amount of them on PS4 and Xbox One just got me annoyed. I am pretty shocked by how many (just online in general) want Z over sequels. Heck I would take DP remakes over Z since I have loved all 3 remakes so far. Idk I just feel by the time Z would come out it would be really weird since the anime arc would likely be done and over with it. Kinda like how we got the Hoenn anime in Nov but the games in March of 2003. By the time the anime came around it just seemed really odd. At least with DP and XY the anime came a few months later. Heck I think the BW anime came a month before we got the games. Unless Z really does changes things and I mean REALLY I think I will pass but I am hoping the 20th anniversary game with be worthy of the wait.

I think it's because Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum are held in high regard, while B2W2 appear to have been criticized by fans more. At least that's the impression I got during Gen V. Out of Emerald, Platinum, and W2 the ones I enjoyed the most were the first two (never played Yellow or Crystal). Personally I rather Z be a prequel than a sequel, interestingly enough it's Dex entry seems to hint as if it's power has already been displayed...

About RS anime in November 2002, that was when RS came out in Japan.
    It's possible that Z will be treated as a quasi sequel to OrAs and yet a third version to XY.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • That's not particularly 'mature.' Like, seriously, they're just going up to kids and saying, 'Boo, genocide and mass murder are bad, and give bad feelings, feel bad about these things,' etc.? Please, kids are far more intellectual than that.
    Technically mass genocide is very mature stuff. So is emotionally abusing your son so he does what you want him to do unintentionally and trying to enslave a region by ridding it of Trainers, or wiping reality clean in your own image with no spirit or any of the things that make us human or alive.

I think your problem is that it wasn't handled well. Lysandre's goal of wiping out all life and making his own team immortal is more of a shocking swerve than anything else, as we're given little motivation for him wanting to do it, little foreshadowing that that's what Team Flare's endgoal was, and at no point was it ever handled in a serious manner. You didn't feel like the world was at stake, or at least not as much as you did playing Platinum or B/W, and Lysandre was never developed as a villain or even as a character so you never really saw him as a threat until AZ shows up and tells you exactly what he's going to do. It was poorly thought out, and the fact that nobody but your friends tries to help only makes that more apparent. If Lysandre was presented as more of a mad man and he had more screentime it probably would have been more impactful.

Years
  • Technically mass genocide is very mature stuff. So is emotionally abusing your son so he does what you want him to do unintentionally and trying to enslave a region by ridding it of Trainers, or wiping reality clean in your own image with no spirit or any of the things that make us human or alive.

I think your problem is that it wasn't handled well. Lysandre's goal of wiping out all life and making his own team immortal is more of a shocking swerve than anything else, as we're given little motivation for him wanting to do it, little foreshadowing that that's what Team Flare's endgoal was, and at no point was it ever handled in a serious manner. You didn't feel like the world was at stake, or at least not as much as you did playing Platinum or B/W, and Lysandre was never developed as a villain or even as a character so you never really saw him as a threat until AZ shows up and tells you exactly what he's going to do. It was poorly thought out, and the fact that nobody but your friends tries to help only makes that more apparent. If Lysandre was presented as more of a mad man and he had more screentime it probably would have been more impactful.

Right. I certainly feel like other mediums are doing a better job at handling Lysander and Flare. For example
    Spoiler:

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • That's not particularly 'mature.' Like, seriously, they're just going up to kids and saying, 'Boo, genocide and mass murder are bad, and give bad feelings, feel bad about these things,' etc.? Please, kids are far more intellectual than that.

mew_nani beat me to the punch, but yes... by media content standards, TF's genocide plot in X/Y is considered to be more 'mature'. Quite a large part of the fandom even compares them to Nazis, and we all know how they were. The correct term that should be used is "darker and edgier" instead of "mature", but sadly(and I'm guilty of it too), both terms get the lines blurred and confused with each other. The OP that I quoted had said they wanted Game Freak to stop aiming the games at children, when in fact them putting stuff like Team Flare's plot in the game is proof that they are at least keeping the older fans in mind when making these games.

Technically mass genocide is very mature stuff. So is emotionally abusing your son so he does what you want him to do unintentionally and trying to enslave a region by ridding it of Trainers, or wiping reality clean in your own image with no spirit or any of the things that make us human or alive.

Yeah, the only thing that I got was that Lysandre has tried to help people and Pokemon for most of his adult life(how old is the bastard anyway?), but eventually made up his mind that they couldn't be helped. I think the only one we've gotten more background on motives is Cyrus; he was neglected by his parents growing up, IIRC.

@OmegaRubyAlphaSapphire: I'm wondering if they'll try and pull that off in the next game. It would be an awesome way to celebrate the 20th anniversary if they were to incorporate a similar plot into the game; have a little bit of something or sombodys from each region.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024

TBH, i wouldn't mind gathering up a bunch of people who don't annoy me & are all loyal to me & wiping out the rest of humanity while making the rest of us immortal in the process.
    but then, if i did that i'd be stuck with a bunch of people who could easily start getting on my nerves ... no new video games, anime, manga, comics or tv shows...
    it would get boring and annoying.
    especially with the whole eternally growing thing
    and i just know one of my descendants would try to get rid off me my chopping me up into little pieces.. i do not want to spend an eternity in small pieces, or stuck in cement, or stuck inside a cell.
    theres just to many ways immortality can turn into a worse then death scenario.
    i'd rather have a 5000 year life span any day.

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2016
    I think it's because Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum are held in high regard, while B2W2 appear to have been criticized by fans more. At least that's the impression I got during Gen V. Out of Emerald, Platinum, and W2 the ones I enjoyed the most were the first two (never played Yellow or Crystal). Personally I rather Z be a prequel than a sequel, interestingly enough it's Dex entry seems to hint as if it's power has already been displayed...

About RS anime in November 2002, that was when RS came out in Japan.
    It's possible that Z will be treated as a quasi sequel to OrAs and yet a third version to XY.

I will laugh so hard if Volcarion is the focus pokemon and not Zygarde. That would throw pretty much everyone off. Like Zygarde could be in it. But he would be just not be the focus Pokemon. Maybe the side kick to Volcarion. (If that makes sense)Could make for an interesting plot and longer game. Like how in the Digimon season 4 anime we thought Cherubimon was the main villain but we got more after his defeat.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I feel it'd be nice to see Z be some sort of a prequel, but wouldn't this be slightly confusing for the younger fans?

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I feel it'd be nice to see Z be some sort of a prequel, but wouldn't this be slightly confusing for the younger fans?

No worries, B2W2 managed to deliver well as a sequel.

There shouldn't be a problem, as long as the usual tutorial is presented. Kids don't really care about the plot, how many of us did really care for the plot when we played R(G)BY as kids? :P

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2016
    No worries, B2W2 managed to deliver well as a sequel.

There shouldn't be a problem, as long as the usual tutorial is presented. Kids don't really care about the plot, how many of us did really care for the plot when we played R(G)BY as kids? :P

I did but I was a weird child. I ate dog treats..... Anywayyyyyyyy

So crossing my fingers for a reveal of anything next month since I will be shocked if we don't get a direct in Feb

Years
  • mew_nani beat me to the punch, but yes... by media content standards, TF's genocide plot in X/Y is considered to be more 'mature'. Quite a large part of the fandom even compares them to Nazis, and we all know how they were.
    So essentially they were instead supposed to be going up to kids and saying, 'Look, this mass genocide is like Hitler (whom, as you know, was genocidal, deep), feel bad about it, etc.' This, of course, in lieu of the less likely mode of including 'mass genocide' because it is 'shocking' or 'edgy,' and people are supposed to like the games for this reason, which is essentially to just include them because the audience likes mass genocide and are being encouraged to do so. Obviously, the condemnation of mass genocide is neither edgy nor shocking, and most kids would be aware of this although many adults seemed not to notice, so ultimately that's just resting the game on its promotion of mass genocide.

In any case, the Nazis came from Germany after being oppressed within it, having a populace held down by a few, and then suffering national sanctions, not to mention Hitler's own punishment, they weren't there because they were happy helpful people, which is if anything more childish than the overall plot. Social and political history is not just random atomised feelings. It's a fairly trite point, but in any case I doubt that most fans (or the account whom you were responding to) were that concerned about the licensing of Pokemon games, it isn't a 50 Cent album. If people were supposed to dislike the 'bad guys' for reasons other than the game trying to scream that they're bad, then that might count as 'mature' in a discursive sense.

Years
  • Not sure if I'm reading it correctly, but I see the Kanji for big, and Report...does this mean we're getting big news? One of those things has questions marks...we already got Volcanion, and the Zygarde formes...so a new Volcanion forme(s)? Also I clicked on another link on there and it led me to something else that has the dates of the 7 and 14th in addition to the 31st, but could just be Treta's Z challenge related (it looks like that game based on the little round toys).

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Not sure if I'm reading it correctly, but I see the Kanji for big, and Report...does this mean we're getting big news? One of those things has questions marks...we already got Volcanion, and the Zygarde formes...so a new Volcanion forme(s)? Also I clicked on another link on there and it led me to something else that has the dates of the 7 and 14th in addition to the 31st, but could just be Treta's Z challenge related (it looks like that game based on the little round toys).

It's about a world hobbit fair, the voice actress of Satoshi (Rika, 松本梨香) and the singer for various XY songs Tomohisa Sako (佐香智久) are making appearance at the Pokemon booth. I think it's a movie related announcement? Perhaps a few deets on Volcanion and might be a premiere/snippet of the Volcanion movie (and its soundtracks).

Years
  • It's about a world hobbit fair, the voice actress of Satoshi (Rika, 松本梨香) and the singer for various XY songs Tomohisa Sako (佐香智久) are making appearance at the Pokemon booth. I think it's a movie related announcement? Perhaps a few deets on Volcanion and might be a premiere/snippet of the Volcanion movie (and its soundtracks).
    Right, I read that part about World Hobby. The round badges...aren't those used in that arcade game in Japan? I want to know what the ??? one is.

Anyways I think this could be about the "world shaking" news.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back