• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Third Version Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Right, I read that part about World Hobby. The round badges...aren't those used in that arcade game in Japan? I want to know what the ??? one is.

Anyways I think this could be about the "world shaking" news.

Most likely an alternative form of we know who.

But there are small chances of Gen 7 Pokemon too.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • So essentially they were instead supposed to be going up to kids and saying, 'Look, this mass genocide is like Hitler (whom, as you know, was genocidal, deep), feel bad about it, etc.' This, of course, in lieu of the less likely mode of including 'mass genocide' because it is 'shocking' or 'edgy,' and people are supposed to like the games for this reason, which is essentially to just include them because the audience likes mass genocide and are being encouraged to do so. Obviously, the condemnation of mass genocide is neither edgy nor shocking, and most kids would be aware of this although many adults seemed not to notice, so ultimately that's just resting the game on its promotion of mass genocide.

In any case, the Nazis came from Germany after being oppressed within it, having a populace held down by a few, and then suffering national sanctions, not to mention Hitler's own punishment, they weren't there because they were happy helpful people, which is if anything more childish than the overall plot. Social and political history is not just random atomised feelings. It's a fairly trite point, but in any case I doubt that most fans (or the account whom you were responding to) were that concerned about the licensing of Pokemon games, it isn't a 50 Cent album. If people were supposed to dislike the 'bad guys' for reasons other than the game trying to scream that they're bad, then that might count as 'mature' in a discursive sense.
    Well as I said before it wasn't handled well at all. What you said about the game telling us that genocide is bad and giving us bland Nazis to deliver that message with? That's exactly what happened! Even THAT wasn't done well, as he was still treated sympathetically and what little motivation he had for wanting to kill everything (resource scarcity? Something about there not being enough resources for everyone) is still treated as a pressing problem even though it's one that has never been apparent in the Pokemon universe.

It would have been a lot better if they went with the "show, don't tell" rule and gave us a villainous team and a main villain that had plausible reason for wanting to commit genocide and kept establishing how evil they were at every turn. Killing everyone because of a lack of resources is NOT a good reason for wishing to kill everybody. If anything AZ would have been a much better villain, as he actually was villainous and had killed an entire army in cold blood before, has plausible reasons for hating people, and actually built the doomsday device used by Lysandre anyway.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I have my suspicions that it's a Volcanion Forme, but I'm gonna throw something else out there. If it turns out to be a Gen 7 'mon, what if it turns out to be the Strange Souvenir Pokemon?
    Could be, we did get Lugia revealed during Gen I's second movie, and similarly Lati@s appeared during Gen II's last movie too, and we got Manaphy during Gen III's last movie too (irc Manaphy's came after Mew's), while we got Mega Mewtwo Y in Gen V's last movie. Gen IV was the only one not to depict a future Gen legena d (or next gen forme in the case of Mega Mewtwo Y) in it's last movie. Of course that's assuming this movie will be the last one...we could get another one before Gen's end featuring Jirachi and or Deoxys and a future Gen Pokémon (Jirachi as Mew and Celebi got movies during their remakes' Gen and those were the cute mons of Gen I and II, but were also the last ones of their dexes so Deoxys might be a candidate, or both).

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • The more I see it being suggested, the more I actually want it... a Southern Kalos. I've seen an idea floating around that at one point in time, Southern Kalos used to be a separate country that was feuding with the original Kalos that we know of now. This lead to the Kalos War, and after AZ uses the Ultimate Weapon they end up conquering the country they were at war with, and then it being named South Kalos or something like that. Instead of being a 2nd region with 70-something new Pokemon that some people are suggesting, just have it as an extention(albeit a large size) to the existing Kalos we have now. And perhaps between both sections, have all 721 Pokemon obtainable?

Years
  • The more I see it being suggested, the more I actually want it... a Southern Kalos. I've seen an idea floating around that at one point in time, Southern Kalos used to be a separate country that was feuding with the original Kalos that we know of now. This lead to the Kalos War, and after AZ uses the Ultimate Weapon they end up conquering the country they were at war with, and then it being named South Kalos or something like that. Instead of being a 2nd region with 70-something new Pokemon that some people are suggesting, just have it as an extention(albeit a large size) to the existing Kalos we have now. And perhaps between both sections, have all 721 Pokemon obtainable?

I'd love this so much. There'd be new gym leaders too. And hopefully an "Alan" like rival, if not Alan himself.

So excited to see what the ??? turns out to be. I'm guessing a new forme of Volcanion but i'll probably be happy regardless of what it is :)

Years
    I don't think they'll ever make a game with all Pokémon being obtainable. GF loves their exclusives.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I don't think they'll ever make a game with all Pokémon being obtainable. GF loves their exclusives.

I agree. Because that will make XY/ORAS lost their value.

But they can always offer us a game with a huge amount of Pokemon. XY has offered over 400 and over 300 with ORAS too, so far all present Gen VI games have offered us a lot. I expect at least over 500-600 Pokemon in 'Z version'. (:

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I guess the majority's okay with that and so do i. Kalos has over 400 to offer, if someone's still complaining lack of Pokemon then I guess they are either nitpicking or replaying XY too much. Lol

According to FRLG and Emerald, some features from FRLG weren't taken to Emerald. Hopefully this won't be the case with Z version. We need stronger E4 rematches, if possible DexNav please (it's a better and more rewarding version of Poke Radar and Friend Safari) and other good features from ORAS that I forgot to mention.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    It would be great if they could change Metang capture rate in Friend Safari, he's harder to capture than most legendaries, they just never updated his catch rate since he was never catchable before XY.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    It would be great if they could change Metang capture rate in Friend Safari, he's harder to capture than most legendaries, they just never updated his catch rate since he was never catchable before XY.

That was meant to be, Beldum was a devil to catch in DPt, while Metang and Metagross were that darn difficult to catch in BW/B2W2 too. :P

So far the only Pokemon that had its catch rate updated in Gen VI games' Rayquaza. I wonder if they are updating Zygarde's? -killed for asking the obvious-

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • I've been wondering if this is something we should watch out for:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Pokemon_cojp/status/693274950094819328

They've been tweeting about this for the past couple of weeks... and IIRC, Masuda had tweeted about it once before too. There's a date for tomorrow, another one for the 7th of February, and the 14th of February. It's a world hobby fair, and apparently there's a booth for Pokemon at the event.

Years
  • I've been wondering if this is something we should watch out for:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Pokemon_cojp/status/693274950094819328

They've been tweeting about this for the past couple of weeks... and IIRC, Masuda had tweeted about it once before too. There's a date for tomorrow, another one for the 7th of February, and the 14th of February. It's a world hobby fair, and apparently there's a booth for Pokemon at the event.
    Well the tweet you linked to last time is related to this. Perhaps we'll learn who the ??? is. Btw that was the tweet I mentioned being hyperlinked to the one you posted on. Of interest is the 14th. I mentioned before that for the past three years we've had Directs on that day (well give or take a few hours due to timezones but at least one country has received a direct on that day)

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • Well the tweet you linked to last time is related to this. Perhaps we'll learn who the ??? is. Btw that was the tweet I mentioned being hyperlinked to the one you posted on. Of interest is the 14th. I mentioned before that for the past three years we've had Directs on that day (well give or take a few hours due to timezones but at least one country has received a direct on that day)

Ahhhhh.... I see. :3

I really hope we get something concrete this month, just a small hint even. Don't know if this is all in my head, but I almost feel like the Zygarde hype has died off a little. Which isn't surprising though, right now the 20th anniversary is garnering the most attention(which it should).

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    I'd love this so much. There'd be new gym leaders too. And hopefully an "Alan" like rival, if not Alan himself.

So excited to see what the ??? turns out to be. I'm guessing a new forme of Volcanion but i'll probably be happy regardless of what it is :)

Seeing Alain in game would be pretty amazing tbh. I would hope you could name him though since I would so go with Tim Alain.

Years
  • Ahhhhh.... I see. :3

I really hope we get something concrete this month, just a small hint even. Don't know if this is all in my head, but I almost feel like the Zygarde hype has died off a little. Which isn't surprising though, right now the 20th anniversary is garnering the most attention(which it should).
    Yeah, I hope we get something in February if not tomorrow.

Nope, it's not just you (or me for that matter). Others seem to have gotten over the Zygarde hype. While Gen III's ending in Japan saw two game releases in 2004 and two game announcements (Emerald and DP believe it or not) this Gen's ending is drier than Gen IV's ending...well mostly got Gen IV got it's waiting over by the first half xD. Also we were hyped for a return to Johto.

Years
  • Yeah, I hope we get something in February if not tomorrow.

Nope, it's not just you (or me for that matter). Others seem to have gotten over the Zygarde hype. While Gen III's ending in Japan saw two game releases in 2004 and two game announcements (Emerald and DP believe it or not) this Gen's ending is drier than Gen IV's ending...well mostly got Gen IV got it's waiting over by the first half xD. Also we were hyped for a return to Johto.

Ugh that's not good. They almost have no choice but to announce the game this month because if it's Zygarde centric then they need to strike while the iron is hot. Leave it too long and the announcement will feel anticlimactic and people won't be as excited as they would ordinarily have been. Fingers crossed they start hyping up the 27th next week.

At least it's Ash vs Alain this week, which a lot of us have been waiting for. I am SO hyped for it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back