• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Third Version Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I'm skeptical until tomorrow morning. Pokémon has registered trademarks for tons of titles that were never used (Pokémon Brown, Pokémon Gray) so I'm not jumping the gun on this, despite possibilities.

If, however, it is legitimate then I can already see how it would be a sequel to Kalos. Unused coding for AZ's Floette, the sundial in Anistar, etc. just leaves Kalos feeling unfinished as it is right now.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Here's the 10 unused trademark of pokemon.

Pocket Monsters: Topaz
    Pocket Monsters: Tourmaline
    Pocket Monsters: Moonstone
    Pocket Monsters: Brown
    Pocket Monsters: Grey
    Pocket Monsters: Vermilion
    Pocket Monsters: Purple
    Pocket Monsters: Crimson
    Pocket Monsters: Scarlet

And adding Delta Emerald to it.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Here's the thing, about the un registered trade marks. They don't have logos.

Any trade mark that becomes a game, has a logo like this one.

So Sun and Moon is probably real, and being announced tomorrow.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I can see these being continuations of X and Y.

I want to point something out, in the Pokemon XYZ opening, you see Ash and his pokemon standing, forming what everyone thought was the Arceus symbol, however, looking at Pokemon Sun's logo. It matches the symbol Ash and his pokemon's Shadows form.

I think this is probably Gen 6.5 still. If not 6.5 then 7, but is connected to Kalos.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I just wish news like that would not be leaked. This make most people not even wanting to watch the direct because it got spoiled to them.

Also it seems the trademark came out 3 weeks ago and it's only because of the Direct people started to search about trademark of a new game.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I can see these being continuations of X and Y.

I want to point something out, in the Pokemon XYZ opening, you see Ash and his pokemon standing, forming what everyone thought was the Arceus symbol, however, looking at Pokemon Sun's logo. It matches the symbol Ash and his pokemon's Shadows form.

I think this is probably Gen 6.5 still. If not 6.5 then 7, but is connected to Kalos.

I found it, it doesn't look very round though, so I think it's a coincidence, as it looks more checkered. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRqyMYkcAUA

It's in second 2, blink and you'll miss it.

Years
    After thinking about it, I'm guessing Sun/Moon are going to be X/Y sequels set in a different region or southern kalos.

I do hope i'm wrong though, and we get gen 7 announced.

Although I think it'd be cool if Sun/Moon were gen 7, but still tied to X/Y (plot wise).

Me too, I hope it's more of a GS style sequel over B2W2 in terms of generation and setting. The games could also possibly be prequels, perhaps something happened in a neighboring region that made Zygarde rush to stop it, hoping it won't spread to Kalos.
    Perhaps Magearna is the mascot of Sun, as it gives out a blinding light in the movie cover. Remember what I said before about legends and new gens? Whenever a new legendary is shown in a movie the next gen games soon follow in that same year. It was the case with Lugia and GS, Lati@s and RS, Manaphy and DP, Mewtwo Y and XY.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    They better give us some gameplay footages in the direct..

I doubt they would be hyping up just titles. I see gameplay as a thing. Soon the fanbase will be at peace. Well maybe not be peace but we will be happy. I think GS were Pokemon 2 at one point? I am curious if gens are a fan term and not an official term.

Marky Vigoroth

...I just liked the Skarmory icon.
    Years
    Right now, I suspect that this would be a side-series. I mean, while even I have this excitement, we are essentially discussing something one day too early.

If this is a main series, then this would explain why the games are coming out later than I thought. (https://markysheap.tumblr.com/post/123594186483)

(...I would be disappointed, though. I wanted to play all of the other Zygarde formes...)

Years
    I doubt they would be hyping up just titles. I see gameplay as a thing. Soon the fanbase will be at peace. Well maybe not be peace but we will be happy. I think GS were Pokemon 2 at one point? I am curious if gens are a fan term and not an official term.

Yup, Generations are a fan made term, go to any of the generation articles on Bulbapedia and it mentions that it's a fan term. So, even if they add new mons and is in southern Kalos we can consider it Gen 7 or Gen 6.5. Actually, I'm hoping that either way we get our Dragon eeveelution, it's all I ask for...

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    Right now, I suspect that this would be a side-series. I mean, while even I have this excitement, we are essentially discussing something one day too early.

If this is a main series, then this would explain why the games are coming out later than I thought. (https://markysheap.tumblr.com/post/123594186483)

(...I would be disappointed, though. I wanted to play all of the other Zygarde formes...)

Which would be very weird. How would it count as a side series if GF is making it? I would think if GF is doing it it would be a main series game since I am unsure but don't think GF does anything but main series. I know Masuda was with Pokken but that was just him not GF as a whole. Masuda is not the creator of Pokemon but he might as well be since the creator is never involved or at least with the social aspect. He always seems mia

Yup, Generations are a fan made term, go to any of the generation articles on Bulbapedia and it mentions that it's a fan term. So, even if they add new mons and is in southern Kalos we can consider it Gen 7 or Gen 6.5. Actually, I'm hoping that either way we get our Dragon eeveelution, it's all I ask for...

Ah ok cool so GF could do anything they want. I thought Gens were official but this is good and interesting to know.

Drageon

Years
    Which would be very weird. How would it count as a side series if GF is making it? I would think if GF is doing it it would be a main series game since I am unsure but don't think GF does anything but main series. I know Masuda was with Pokken but that was just him not GF as a whole. Masuda is not the creator of Pokemon but he might as well be since the creator is never involved or at least with the social aspect. He always seems mia

Ah ok cool so GF could do anything they want. I thought Gens were official but this is good and interesting to know.

Drageon
    And yet they didn't dare to for the first six fan recognized generations... so who knows if they're willing now.

Years
    Well we got BW2 so that is something. Maybe Masuda decided to shake things up just took a long time

We'll know if B2W2 was an abnormally or not in 19 hours :).

I've been thinking...what if they surprise us by announcing Sun and Moon, but before that they announce 'Z'. That way they'll give some closure to Kalos for those who want it, and some hype for those who want something new. It'll be interesting, especially since most are expecting only Sun and Moon.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    We'll know if B2W2 was an abnormally or not in 19 hours :).

I've been thinking...what if they surprise us by announcing Sun and Moon, but before that they announce 'Z'. That way they'll give some closure to Kalos for those who want it, and some hype for those who want something new. It'll be interesting, especially since most are expecting only Sun and Moon.

Maybe but I wonder if all would drop this year

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back