• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Third Version Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    Taking about HG/SS I have to admit they were the prettiest of the games. They were sprites but mixed with 3D while XY and ORAS is very pixely. I wonder if these games will use a different art style.

Years
    What if we get Southern Kalos, but it's split into 2 because of the war in the past, so there is SE Kalos and SW Kalos, referencing the sun rising in the east and setting in the west. The 2 areas could have 1 league combined, with 4 gyms in each half. I know other issues such as evil team, but I'm sure someone creative could develop this idea.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    What if we get Southern Kalos, but it's split into 2 because of the war in the past, so there is SE Kalos and SW Kalos, referencing the sun rising in the east and setting in the west. The 2 areas could have 1 league combined, with 4 gyms in each half. I know other issues such as evil team, but I'm sure someone creative could develop this idea.

I feel this is super likely, at least these games taking part in the southern part of Kalos and possibly connecting with the area of Kalos we're currently familiar with. I think that because this is such a huge milestone for Pokemon, they want to give fans something that they've been asking for, and one of those is a game with two maps a la Kanto/Johto.

I love how mysterious and in the dark we are about these games though. I always look forward to these sorts of announcements and the long, slow teasing of new games.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    What if Sun and moon is space? Like literally in space? I remember someone saying Pokemon came from space or at least it was a theory someone had. (In the Pokemon world) Plus wasn't the old rainbow rumor at the end of Gen 5 about it being in space? A space region could truly be something amazing.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    What if Sun and moon is space? Like literally in space? I remember someone saying Pokemon came from space or at least it was a theory someone had. (In the Pokemon world) Plus wasn't the old rainbow rumor at the end of Gen 5 about it being in space? A space region could truly be something amazing.

That'd be for sure interesting, but that's probably way too out there if you ask me. Now, maybe a space station of some sort as a little explorable area like the super tiny areas from previous games? I can see that.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Imagine the trailer:

The year is 20XX, another Great Pokemon war has left Planet Earth devastated and destroyed! The survivors of this catastrophe have been sent up into space to live on a colony created by Devon Corporation. They must adjust to life on the Moon but trouble is a foot!

Little do they know a group of intergalactic pirates are approaching them. The humans and remaining pokemon must escape the moon and retreat to a nearby planet suitable for humans. However one hero rises up to save humanity.

Probably never happen, but I'd be down with pokemon in space.

Sun and Moon could bring in more space themes though.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    When XY first came up, I suggested this with people saying something about Norse Mythrology. It turned out that the world or at least Kalos was on the brink of destruction. This is why I was so surprised and annoyed for there not to be a Legendary Trio like the beasts. I thought they would be based off Fenrir, Hati and Skoll.

This is now why I think this might be a continuation of Kalos, even if it is a different Gen. It is possible that they turn South Kalos into a different generation. Possibly the Azoth Region.

The mascots of the games will probably be based of Hati and Skoll. I don't see anything else being a good mascot for Sun and Moon.
    Zydog is believed to be a based on Fenrir. Perhaps this game will have Zygarde 10%, with 100% being saved for Pokemon Ztar.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Okay so it's time for some comparisons of sun and moon in regards to life vs. death. As others have brought up, there is a sundial in Anistar City, and an NPC there mentions that moondials are a thing, too. So already there is some possible association with Kalos, if not with X & Y themselves.

Usually the sun, with its bright light and warmth, is associated with life. After all, crops and really any living being needs sunlight to live. On the other hand, the colder, dim moon can be associated with death, the necessary end to the cycle of life.

What makes this interesting is that in the logos, Sun is associated with warm colors such as red, while Moon has cool blues. Normally this would make a lot of sense--we don't have a blue sun, after all. But if we're associating the sun with life and the moon with death, and taking that a step further and applying it to X & Y, it gets a little messy. The red Pokémon is the Pokémon of death, while alternatively the blue Pokémon is the Pokémon of life.

So what could this potentially mean? I'd say there are two possibilities. One would be that they are doing a sort of juxtaposition, where, for instance, Pokémon Moon focuses on the theme of death but its mascot is the Life Pokémon (think of B & W where Reshiram, the Vast White Pokémon, graced the cover of Black Version). Two would be that they're subverting the roles of the sun and moon. After all, a sun too bright and hot could equate to much death. The moon controls the tides which is essentially giving it reign over the water that we all need to survive.

An interesting random thing: Team Flare could be associated with the sun. Could there possibly be a new team, perhaps like Team Lunar? Would they be good guys, or bad? Maybe they start off trying to stop Flare but get corrupt along the way?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    According to Forbes, Pokemon Sun and Moon trademarks are fake. So currently I don't know what to trust, nor do I think I will believe anything else until tomorrow.

Edit: They may still be real but it is hard to currently say till tomorrow.

Years
    According to Forbes, Pokemon Sun and Moon trademarks are fake. So currently I don't know what to trust, nor do I think I will believe anything else until tomorrow.
    I read that it's possible to trademark something and make it come off as the real thing as the verification process is slow.

I do wonder why they link to the site...but perhaps Sun and Moon were trademarked years ago like Brown and Amethyst. They sound like names they already would have.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    Imagine the trailer:

The year is 20XX, another Great Pokemon war has left Planet Earth devastated and destroyed! The survivors of this catastrophe have been sent up into space to live on a colony created by Devon Corporation. They must adjust to life on the Moon but trouble is a foot!

Little do they know a group of intergalactic pirates are approaching them. The humans and remaining pokemon must escape the moon and retreat to a nearby planet suitable for humans. However one hero rises up to save humanity.

Probably never happen, but I'd be down with pokemon in space.

Sun and Moon could bring in more space themes though.

That would be amazing or a game where you work in a central space station and go on missions

Years

Edit: They may still be real but it is hard to currently say till tomorrow.

I looked at Forbes, and they were talking about the parody account, NinlendoofAmerica. They said it might still be real. The fake account did fool Siliconera, and IGN according to the article.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I remember the last fight with Lysandre has the whole background like we were fighting on the Sun.

Spoiler:

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I looked at Forbes, and they were talking about the parody account, NinlendoofAmerica. They said it might still be real. The fake account did fool Siliconera, and IGN according to the article.
    Also worth noting, twitter suspended that account which is interesting...
    Nintendo may not be happy with this leak...

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    And/or misinformation. I don't think N cares about the trademarks being known, it's not actually a leak as it didn't come directly from them.

Maybe, but they never shut down the parody accounts( there's hundreds). This one started getting recognition because it found the trademarks. Which could have gone unnoticed if they didn't find them. Maybe they wanted it shut down, so it wouldn't be taken as an official source with it's official info?
    Reggie Mad! Reggie Smash! Reggie destroy leakers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTeBHMcXjuA

Reggie doesn't tolerate this!

Years
    Maybe, but they never shut down the parody accounts( there's hundreds). This one started getting recognition because it found the trademarks. Which could have gone unnoticed if they didn't find them. Maybe they wanted it shut down, so it wouldn't be taken as an official source with it's official info?
    Actually someone else found the source first. The reason some sites believed it was because the trademark rumors had made the earlier rounds, and they thought this confirmed it. In order words they were taken too seriously that they had to clear it up by shutting them down. I'm thinking that Magearna might be the mascot of Moon. I know I said Sun before, but now that I think about it, it 's bottom part resembles an artificial satellite like Spotnik, or the Death Star in Star Wars. Plus it's name begins with M. Thus far Dialga, Palkia, Xerneas, and Yvetal share a similar naming scheme with the games whose covers they grace.

Last edited:

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Actually someone else found the source first. The reason some sites believed it was because the trademark rumors had made the earlier rounds, and they thought this confirmed it. In order words they were taken too seriously that they had to clear it up by shutting them down. I'm thinking that Magearna might be the mascot of Moon. I know I said Sun before, but now that I think about it, it 's bottom part resembles an artificial satellite like Spotnik, or the Death Star in Star Wars. Plus it's name begins with M. Thus far Dialga, Palkia, Xerneas, and Yvetal share a similar naming scheme with the games whose covers they grace.

That is probably the case.

And I don't know about magearna being the mascot.

That would make it likely volcanion is the sun mascot.

Having two mythical legends as cover legends has never happened before. But I guess it could.

I think we will get two new legends the use the symbols somewhere in their design.

But if it was magearna, it would make Azoth likely, which could be cool to see.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back