• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Third Version Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • Here we are, the night before the reveal. I'm definitely going to remember this week for years to come, as it's been . . . quite the week for speculation haha. Back to back, from the Pokemon Niji thing, to the confirmation of a direct, to the leaking of Sun/Moon logo's.
    Not to mention the 'leaked' list of Pokémon from before the Niji rumors. Also, technically the logos were uncovered, it's not a typical leak. That of course could mean we could get something else since it is just a trademark we're looking at right now. But it has been a wild week, now only 13 and a half hours left.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Would anyone please be able to link me to the leak? I'm so behind on this.

MarioManH

top kek
    Years
  • Kind of feeling the vibe that XY is to "Sun/Moon" (I'll use that for now until Direct tomorrow) as RBY is to GSC. Another generation introduced as well as a "sequal" to the previous installment

Years
  • I know there is the whole dark type being evil in Japanese (or something along those lines) thing, but wouldn't these games- if they are sun and moon- be the most befitting for a dark type gym to finally happen. Moreso Pokémon moon than sun, but still.

Years
  • I know there is the whole dark type being evil in Japanese (or something along those lines) thing, but wouldn't these games- if they are sun and moon- be the most befitting for a dark type gym to finally happen. Moreso Pokémon moon than sun, but still.

Yeah, in Japanese it's called Evil. Perhaps we could get version exclusive gym leaders. A dark type gym in Moon, and a Fairy or Psychic type gym in Sun, if those are the names in the end.

12 hours left!

Edit: Now it's down to 10 hours and 24 minutes.

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I read and liked an idea that was posted on reddit. If the next main game that's gonna be announced/released is going to be a generation 7 PKMN game, then he hoped that it would be a gen6.5 kind of game, kinda like how Johto, a gen2 game, felt like a gen1.5 game because its connected to the gen 1 game. :3

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    These could be for the games after 'Z'. These are just trademarks thus far like Waterblue, Delta Emerald, and Grey.

What's interesting is the following details regarding these submissions:

One: They submitted English logos. I don't think they would go to the trouble of creating English logos for a title they might not use.

Second one is more key though: Take a look at which office these names are being registered. The spares are all registered at the Japan Patent Office yet these ones have been registered at the Office for Harmonization in the Internal Market. So far, all Pokemon trademarks registered at OHIM have been used in released games.

Years
  • I read and liked an idea that was posted on reddit. If the next main game that's gonna be announced/released is going to be a generation 7 PKMN game, then he hoped that it would be a gen6.5 kind of game, kinda like how Johto, a gen2 game, felt like a gen1.5 game because its connected to the gen 1 game. :3
    I'll like this too.

In a way Sun and Moon make great 20th anniversary names. Sun is represented by the color red, sun brings to mind Ho-oh, the red in the logo is reminiscent of Rubies color wise, plus it's associated with life.
    Moon is being represented by the color blue, it's name brings to mind Lugia, the logo brings to mind sapphires (plus moon is tied to the sea), the moon can represent death. And both bring to mind space (Pearl and Galactic). Now to fit in White and Black... well night is black and day is seen as it's opposite...

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    I will cry tears of joy if one is 3DS and the other is for Wii U like Smash did. While Masuda said he wanted to keep it on handhelds things do change and I would be fine with it. Granted as long as the reveal is solid and the games are good I don't care if it is only 3DS. I just want the games to be worthy of an anniversary and if it is a new gen they don't have to skim on content to make the 3rd version big since if it is a new gen it will prove they gave up on the 3rd game concept. Though I saw someone tweet that they games are going back to sprites. Not sure how truthful that was since it was one random twit (What I call people who tweet) said on it.

All the speculation will end in a few hours so it is both sad and happy. :)

One thing I would like to see the series do is make the games connect more. In a plot/story way

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    All the speculation will end in a few hours so it is both sad and happy. :)

inb4 they'll just announce the release of Gen1 games for the 3ds.
    /runs away

edit: Anyway, can anyone tell me where we can watch the direct later?

Last edited:

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    Imagine if the games do something insane like make it so Ash is Kalos champion and Alain is an in game friend that helps you on a quest. At this point I'm saying the door is open to anything. 4 or so hours till we get confirmation.

Now as for MP I would love if the concept of linking was used more. With Gen 6 you could battle and trade anywhere. You did not need a pokemon center or a single play for the GTS. Would like a step further where you can meet up with people in real time and do side quests.

Years
  • IF these games are 7th Gen games, then isn't it a bit weird to have that this year while A new event has been confirmed for Japan. This event is to distribute Mew in X/Y and OR/AS. All copies of Pokémon Green, Red, Blue and Yellow on the Nintendo eShop in Japan will come with a special Serial Code within the first year of being distributed and the code will be redeemable until March 31st 2017.

Why would they extend this until next year if a new Gen is supposed to come this year (if it happens)? was this ever done before with past Gens?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back