• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Thoughts on the 3rd generation?

Do you like R/S/E?

• Yes, its good

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • Hell no they suck ****

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I am on the fence (middle)

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    I didnt think that they were bad. I think that they could have been a lot better. I liked G/S/C much more than them though>_>.

Ayselipera

I don't hate Hoenn at all. Now I know it wasn't that great but by far it wasn't the worst. I can easily say Sinnoh was the worst region and I was really dissapointed when playing it for the first time. Which is something I have never experianced with Hoenn.

I'd say Hoenn had good diversity between towns that I had never seen before. I loved Fortree, Paciflodge, and Sootopolis City. They were different and interesting. The pokemon was something I just had to get used to. And I'll admit Team Aqua and Magma were the stupidest evil organizations ever. After playing the Hoenn Region so many times though I've learned to like it. But it will never match up next to Kanto and Johto.

I'd say Hoenn was the second to worst region with Sinnoh being the worst. The pokemon in Hoenn aren't my favoirte, but I have accpeted them which the Sinnoh pokemon I have trouble doing that.

Potato_Hurrican

Filler of Pokedexes
    Years
    i actually really enjoyed R/S/E because it added new battle features/stat features like natures and abilities, and new pokemon and better graphics than the GBC or the GB, it wasnt as challenging as R/B/Y but i still liked it. aside from silver, emerald was my favorite of the pokemon series just cause of the battle frontier. the series ruiner for me was D/P/Pt. but all this aside i miss the day/night feature in R/S/E

JustinDestruction

Rockin' Trainer
    Years
    I'm just the opposite of everyone I suppose. I liked Team Magma. I thought they were pretty sweet. The gym leaders were cool. Day/Night isn't really all that great if you ask me. In D/P/PT it is, but in Gold/Silver it was sort of this cheap 'cool' thing everyone raved about. I liked the addition of the Battle Frontier in Emerald especially. Also, adding EV training and natures made the games way more complicated than necessary, but at the same time it was a great addition, because it made the games so much more competitive.

As far as the Pokémon go, I loved the third generation. Blaziken, the now infamous Mudkip, Groudon, Rayquaza, Kyogre, Latios, Latias, Absol, Metagross, Salamence, Gardevoir, Mighyena... there were quite a few favorite Pokémon in the games. This was a vast improvement in my mind from G/S/C. In those games there were not many I liked. I did like the legendary dogs, Tyranitar, Scizor, Espeon, Umbreon, Skarmory, and Houndoom, but I found most of the Pokémon from the second generation to be odd looking, and not very cool. It was sort of the same with D/P/PT. There were some new ones I liked, but most are just weird.

That being said, I will of course be buying HG/SS and will probably love them. It has been forever since I have played those games.

Back