• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Three Wishes to the Writers

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
  • Say the writers approached you and said "We want to incorporate fan ideas into the anime, and like a genie we will grant you three wishes, so what are your wishes?"

For me it would be something like this.

1. For Ash to win the League already. Ash keeps getting written off with things like Charizard not obeying and some Trainer(Tobias) with a bunch of legendaries winning cause well their legendary. So don't give me any of that I just want to see him win for once.

2. Continuation to Ash character. No more of this 10 year old bs, or him losing his intelligent and battling skills. I want to see him develop and become a pokemon master then we he gets old enough we get another character.

3. I final evolution or at least an evolution of a Water Starter. Here's hoping they evolve Oshawott to Samurott.

Years
  • 1. Bring Misty back.
    2. Bring Charizard, Pidgeot, Butterfree, Primeape, and Lapras back.
    3. Make all the Pokémon from the 3rd Generation and above become extinct in a horrible meteor crash, except Leafeon, that one's really cool.
    3. Have Ash challenge the Indigo Plateau and the Elite Four.

archeops14

The First Bird
    Years
  • 1) Let Ash get a Bisharp or any other Steel type, a Shiny Ice Pokemon (my choice is Sneasel/Weaville) and the Krokorok w/ glasses

2) Get Ash to evolve Gible

3) Let Team Rocket have a strong Pokemon for once e.g Beartic for James and Gigalith for Jessie

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • 1) Barry and Bianca are related somehow or hopes they are. The reason for this is they look so much a like and act the same. I always thought of those two are related some how.

2) Bringing back Barry into BW.

3) Having Cilan and his brothers as the Shadow Triad.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • 1. Please get rid of Ash and Co. and replace them with older protagonists to attract a wider audience. Lot's of kids, even the ones you wouldn't think would, watch Anime but never Pokemon. They still think it's childish.

2. More action. This is what other Anime have, the battle oriented ones anyway. The writers are actually doing better with this so it's all good.

3. Make mature ads to get more people interested.

From all this it seems that the Anime itself is fine, it's just the way it's marketed that sucks.

Years
  • 1. Team Rocket has to stop stalking Ash. Pikachu is tough, but it's getting annoying that their excuse of following Ash is for his Pikachu. Giovanni could care less about Ash's Pikachu.

2. Make Ash older and more mature. He's been traveling the Pokemon world since 1998 for god's sake, he should be a way better trainer and an older one as well.

3. Incorporate more mature themes. In Japan they do a great job at that, I mean, Team Rocket captures other trainers pokemon, kills them and makes a profit off of that. That's pretty intense stuff, and that's the reason in Japan, the average age group that is into Pokemon is between 13-19 years old. It's too babyish here in the US, and it's been that way since the beginning, it's a bit sad.

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
    Years
  • 1. Create a more mature version of the anime centered on the Team Rocket trio and their organisation.
    2. Make Jessie and James' ship canon! But subtly, I want undeniable hints only. Kisses and more would spoil the fun.
    3. Bring Brock back. He's too cool to be gone.

3. Incorporate more mature themes. In Japan they do a great job at that, I mean, Team Rocket captures other trainers pokemon, kills them and makes a profit off of that. That's pretty intense stuff, and that's the reason in Japan, the average age group that is into Pokemon is between 13-19 years old. It's too babyish here in the US, and it's been that way since the beginning, it's a bit sad.
    Where did you get that from lol? Team Rocket aren't murderers xD!

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    1.) Have Ash go to the 4th generation Battle Frontier
    2.) DO NOT BRING MISTY BACK (she was a waste of space and character)
    3.) Do not bring Misty back (I mean it)

:t354:TG
    1.Bring Back Misty she was the best character on the show that wasn't a waste.
    2.Please bring back Misty she was a hot sexy young woman.
    3.Brock need to come back as well.
    4.The anime need to be more mature and put in some sexual content themes.That will be great if the writers did that.
    5.Don't bring back Paul or Barry these two are a waste of time and character.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011
    1. Show Ash getting some maturity development. Have him age and develop as a better trainer and more mature person regardless of traveling to a new region (just make the new ones even more challenging).

2. Bring Misty and Brock back, but only Brock as he was from Kanto -> Hoenn (He was WAY too boring in Sinnoh). With that, also have more cameos from the other previous characters (ex. May, Max [aged], Ritchie [It's been too long since we last saw him in Johto], etc...)

3. Have Ash actually beat a League and have him challenge the Champion Leagues as well as the newer Battle Frontiers. Make the battles that much more challenging, difficult, complex, and action-packed.

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2011
    1) no more resets... to pikachu and to ash ZzZz

2) win a major league

3) start evolving all his basic pokemon.. at LEAST to 2nd stage

Years
  • 3. Incorporate more mature themes. In Japan they do a great job at that, I mean, Team Rocket captures other trainers pokemon, kills them and makes a profit off of that. That's pretty intense stuff, and that's the reason in Japan, the average age group that is into Pokemon is between 13-19 years old. It's too babyish here in the US, and it's been that way since the beginning, it's a bit sad.
    lol, I assure you that Team Rocket never did that, unless your talking about the Marowak that died in the games. Even so, that wasn't cut out of the English version.

Pokemon is marketed to kids in Japan as well, and they make up most of the fanbase. It's just as weird for older people to be playing Pokemon their as the US. One Game Freak employee said that middle school children are embarrass to shake his hand when they find out he develops Pokemon. Pokemon has always been kid-friendly. Even you people that boast that the manga is so mature, it's still pretty lighthearted.

Last edited:

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • 1. Don't bring any other characters back, especially not Misty. Seriously, PLEASE DON'T DO IT. (Cameos don't count since they're only one to two episodes)

2. Let Ash get a permanent character development and NOT make Ash and Pikachu (former as in personality, latter as in strength) reset. I liked his character around the end of Sinnoh, but then he reset, which was a total bummer.

3. Have Ash win the Pokemon League already. He doesn't have to defeat the Elite Four/Champion because they're so strong, but at least Ash should be allowed the chance to kick ass and be the Unova League's Champion.

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    1. Don't bring any other characters back, especially not Misty. Seriously, PLEASE DON'T DO IT. (Cameos don't count since they're only one to two episodes)

2. Let Ash get a permanent character development and NOT make Ash and Pikachu (former as in personality, latter as in strength) reset. I liked his character around the end of Sinnoh, but then he reset, which was a total bummer.

3. Have Ash win the Pokemon League already. He doesn't have to defeat the Elite Four/Champion because they're so strong, but at least Ash should be allowed the chance to kick ass and be the Unova League's Champion.
    1.Bring back Misty she was more better then that good for nothing ***** May and that ***** Dawn.

2.Let Ash reset to his good old funny self and not have him be like his Sinnoh crappy bland boring self.

3.Have Ash win the Unova league and make this Pokemon league more longer.

Kowai

Elite
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2011
    1. Let Ash get older and smarter along with his Pokemon (stop "resetting" them each season.)

2. Allow him to catch something bigger and stronger than any of his current Pokemon. Let's face it, everyone wants to see him get something unbelievably strong.

3. Bring back Charizard for good and keep it with him at all times.

Years
  • 1. Get rid of all the characters in the Anime. If that's not possible, don't make every region a 'fresh start'. :<

2. Make Team Rocket or any other evil organisation more a threat.

3. Incorporate the storyline from the games.

Ducklighter

Throw caution to the wind.
    Years
  • 1. Character Continuation - It's just that simple. We need to be able to feel that Ash is learning something from each experience and not have the fans believe that every region is a reset button. It's a kick in the face for long time fans. This also includes aging of the characters, personality progress, mention of past character such as Misty and Tracey and experience development. I don't care if they're brought back to be honest but i'd love a mention from time to time. I know it's hard since they like to move on and focus on new things but mentioning people doesn't damper on things, it shows continuation and development.

2. Stronger Storylines - I'm getting rather bored with the recycled storylines. Ash goes to new region, becomes weaker, finds new rivals and loses to him till the very end when he triumphs. I love a good hero plot but they've overused this to the point where I can't even look at Smallville anymore XD. But seriously, I really would love something else, something different. Perhaps Ash meets a FEMALE rival this time who is more manipulative and aggressive than detached rivals like Paul/Trip. My favourite rivals in the Anime were May's. They were a mixture of affectionate, friendly, scheming and epic. I want that sort of thing and something fresh that adds to the storyline. Perhaps, Ash is infatuated with one of his rivals? IDK.

3. A More Intricate Evil Organization - I'm getting tired of the Team 'insert here' because it just seems to be rather tedious if you ask me. I really loved the introduction of Hunter J, an evil woman who went and stole Pokemon for a price. The best part was that she didn't answer to anyone and did these horrible things to finance herself. I would love to see a standalone villain who isn't working for some Organization for some big evil plan. Perhaps this vicious villain who is trying to do something for himself perhaps. That's something good. And if they're going to do a team something then I'd love for it to be called something different. Perhaps a Triad or some sort.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • 1.Bring back Misty she was more better then that good for nothing ***** May and that ***** Dawn.

2.Let Ash reset to his good old funny self and not have him be like his Sinnoh crappy bland boring self.

3.Have Ash win the Unova league and make this Pokemon league more longer.

1. Huh? How was May good-for-nothing? May was quite a strong trainer and can put up her own battle (i.e. Kanto GF). Her appeals and battles were less sparkly and more action-packed. She was a decent Pokemon trainer. C:
    Dawn was kind of 'meh' as a Pokemon character (but I'd like to say she also had her own character development) so yeah...

2. Good old funny self, as in being a total idiot who fails at catching a Pokemon even when he has been doing this for, what, 4 regions? xDDD Haha, no thanks. I like him when he actually knows what he was doing.

Back