• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Too old for Pokémon?!

BartCiao

It has always been Pokemon :)
    Years
    Hello eveyone!

I'm fifteen years old now, and I still like Pokémon a lot, particularly the games. In my younger years, I was hooked on the TCG and I was fan of the anime series, but now are the games my favourite. When I said to some people of my age that I was playing Pokémon, they were really laughing because they said that Pokemon was for toddlers and babies. All of them are playing COD6 / Modern Warfare 2, but I hate shooters and all that kinda games. And I really like Pokémon. Now is my question: how old are you, and do you think that Pokémon is for little children? I surely don't think so, because you can play Pokémon brainlessly, but you can also play it as a strategic game. And even if you couldn't: Pokémon are just so cool!

Greetz, Bart:classic::classic::classic:

EDIT: Ok, now I know that you're never too old for Pokémon! But still it's really not socially acceptated, at least: not at my age! How could that be?

Last edited:

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
    First of all; welcome to PC, Bart!

To answer your question:
    I am 13 years old, and I took a loooong break from pokemon (10-13 I think it was) because I thought "Huh, i'm getting older now, pokemon is childish, screw this". When I was on youtube one day during the summer of 2009 I was just watching a few random videos and suddenly, I noticed a pokemon video. I thought "hey, this should be fun!" and then I was hooked.

I played my Emerald for a while, and then I got Platinum on the 15th of October.
    There are also a few people in my class who also plays Pokemon, and they're open about it.

So my final answer is: No, Pokemon is not childish. It can be a really serious game if you make it one. It is also loads of fun for all ages, whether you're 5 or 15 or 75.

However, unlike you, I LUUUUUUV CoD6 as well. But my love for shooting games does not make me like Pokemon any less.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    lol welcome strange intro though :P

i don't think i would never be too old for pokemon especially being a 16 yr oldXD i'll probably love it forever

The Darkest Gale

Welcome to my life
    Years
    hmm I maybe the youngest posting but come on the anime has gotten childish
    pikachu actually had a personality before and got angry now its like
    ash: lets go and do this thing *cheesy pose*
    pikachu: pika pika!
    he has lost his soul -_-
    I get bullied for liking it but I don't honestly care >.>
    verdict: in my opinion the anime is childish but the figures and games etc aren't
    I'll still like no matter what people say

EDIT: a game doesn't have to be good just because your beating the crap out of people with a gun xD lol

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
    okay right 19 here, you can tell anyone who says pokemon is rubbish that not all good games are about the graphics, story, multi player...that said MW 2 is over rated as well.

back on topic... would you call Mario or Zelda childish ?

Last edited:

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    14 here , playing Pokeomn since 2003 !

I have always loved Pokemon , sincee I was 6 and my buddy brought up his Crystal !

And to prove you wrong all these guys who are "too old for Pokemon" , my grandpa , 79 years old , right here , standing next to me is playing Pokemon Gold from his GBC , and he was the one who told me about HGSS !

You will never be too old for Pokemon !

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2010
    15 is an awkward time. It's probably more acceptable (at least socially acceptable) to like it when you're 20 than 15.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    I dont think that I will ever grow out of pokemon, lol I can see me in my 80s playing pokemon crystal with a broken battery sitting in my rocking chair xD

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
    Years
    I'm 16 and most of my friends play pokemon cause they way we play makes it less childish... well kinda, not really...

I have played since r/b/y and even if i wanted to stop I can't... (Not now at least considering I just started to understand EV training...)

It is a personal thing if you like it, you like it. If you don't, you don't. Don't think of it as a children's game but a RPG that will last a long time.

It is a game where you get monsters to fight each other how is that childish? The anime yes with all the Blah blah save the world with pokemon and not hurting each other and friendship and the most annoying person every.

Years
    I'm 13 and i have played it since r/b/y

In Kindergarden when GSC just came out i was like 5, my teacher who was 21 still played it. And because he was 21 he had been to japan so he activated the Celebi event so i scored a free celebi off him.

I think it can get a bit childish and embarrassing if one of your friends see you play it. I plan on stopping shortly because it isn't anything original anymore but i say just stop when your ready if it's something you love doing i say do it

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I'm the same age as you and I still like Pokemon. I may not be into it as much as when I was younger, but I am looking forward to HGSS' release here and I still enjoy discussing it with others.

With Pokemon, I find the age useless. :P

NatureKeeper

12, born in 1997, started as a normal fan in 1999 and a dedicated fan from 2003!

(That's 4 in normality, and 6 in superfanship.)

Hoyo... This year is the 10th anniversary for being a Pokéfan. My favorite are the games, though my friends tend to play Fire up! on their PSPs. I am proudly the first in my class to get a DS. Of course, I have dragged in some dedicated Pokéfans in my club, which are 13 years old.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    No one's too old to play Pokemon. I've been a Pokemon fan for five to six years. Thos years were one some of the best I ever will have, and I would like to thank Pokemon for parts of it.

Jesh

M E M O R I E S
    Years
    I've liked pokemon since I was about nine. I kinda like it still, I just need prodding :p

Years
    I am 17 and play Pokemon for over 10 years now, and I don't think there's something like being too old for Pokemon. In fact, I have yet to see today's children playing or at least talking about Pokemon, while I know people in my age who - of course not as excessively as myself - still play Pokemon sometimes.
    I think everyone can play Pokemon. Despite often being associated with children, it's not like building bricks or toy cars that you play with when you're young and then never again since it has strategical aspects, and even it's own mythology.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    Let me get one thing straight.

YOU ARE NEVER TOO OLD FOR POKEMON!

I've been playing the games ever since I was 6 years old, and they're still as enjoyable as ever.

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
    I'm 19. And yeah, my boyfriend and my mom always say that I'm strange to play a child's game at this age, they even told me to throw "that trash away", but whatever. I do something as long as it's fun <3

Years
    There is definitely no age too old for Pokemon! I too am 15 and understand that at times it can feel like you're being a bit childish, but you're not. It's like watching anime. People who don't get it think of it as kid's cartoons, but really there are many mature anime shows around - plus many of the "kid" aimed anime still have quite adult themes and situations, such as in Card Captor Sakura or Full Metal Alchemist. :3

Back