• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Too Soon?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • I think the Hoenn remakes came too late. It was supposed to be expected last gen but they decided to skip it since it acted as a filler Generation. Also now is the a more-than-perfect time since I expect news on a new game to come out now if not earlier. Also the actual games will be release worldwide like X and Y and only a 13 Months after XY's initial release last October.
    What do you mean, by 'supposed to be expected'? It's true that people expected it last gen, but it doesn't make them right, after all. A fair bit of that was based on the idea of 'the last two gens we had remakes!'. But patterns are made to be broken, and two occurrences don't make a pattern tbh either.

Years
  • While they are coming out in novermber... I'd say they are a tad bit early. while it has been 10 years, you got to think along the lines of the fact that people have demanded these games since 2011.. I was hoping they'd wait until a new anniversary in the pokemon franchise before releasing them. ah well~

I remember picking up my original Ruby copy when I was 6. I will always love the game, which is why I am going with OR.

Ultraviolence

alt account for Eros
    Years
    • Age 28
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 3, 2019
    When did Pokémon games ever have a decent post-game? The Battle Frontier only counts as a semi-half-assed attempt, IMO.

*cough* FireRed/LeafGreen *cough* Sevii Isles *cough*

I don think these games are too soon at all. It's been the right amount of time since the originals to keep with their pattern!

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • I think it's a tad late even xD

Goodness, it's been 11 years for goodness sakes. This is definitely due. X and Y felt like an unfinished project so I'm glad they're doing this. X and Y had really low post game content so I hope they jam pack this game ^^

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
    Years
  • What do you mean, by 'supposed to be expected'? It's true that people expected it last gen, but it doesn't make them right, after all. A fair bit of that was based on the idea of 'the last two gens we had remakes!'. But patterns are made to be broken, and two occurrences don't make a pattern tbh either.
    Im just saying that in most people's view, they expected it during the Black and White eras, maybe I did too. And I know patterns can be broken but also take not that it was in Black and White that it all started to break so people were caught off guard.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • I could foresee the need for ORAS, and the timing was just about right :)

Loving how it's coming this November and not next year, though it's going to be killing me as always waiting for such a "long" time still. People should feel me :P

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • You know what's good? I was one of those people who were all like GIMMIE THEM NOW. I thought they were being so stupid for waiting and leaving these remakes and pushing them back and back when you KNEW they were coming. But you know what? I'm SO glad they waited. The 3D models are so amazing and much better than the half 2D half 3D thing they did with Black and White. It was just time to move on from that and I'm glad they waited. Hoenn is going to look beautiful. Something that couldn't be done with sprites, animated or not.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2019
    I honestly don't care if they are released yearly or not... To me, it doesn't male the quality any worse, in fact, I think that the quality has been going up ever since they were being released yearly, instead of every 1 and half years, or however long it was before.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • The fact that we'd have to complete the whole Pokedex ALL OVER AGAIN kinda cringes me a bit because I still haven't been able to complete the Pokedex in X. But since Pokebank *might* be compatible with the new games and such, I'd probably be lucky to fill up those difficult legendary pokemon pokedex entries.

As for the releasing a game every year, I will say these remakes have been long overdue. We've been waiting for so long for those! I think they're on the right track with releasing another set of games this year, I mean, at least it's still the 6th generation. lol

~Platina's Jason~

Platina Fan to the 9th Degree~
    Years
  • No. It's been almost 12 years since the original Ruby and Sapphire versions were released in Japan and almost 11 years elsewhere. That and in the past 16 year there have only been 3 years where we haven't gotten a new game.

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
    Years
  • It's been a 1 year gap since HGSS I think now, well, 1 year-ish. 12 years is a long time, I don't think it's too early, although I would've preferred them releasing next year. Nintendo is starting to lag though, they'll need ORAS to boost them, so I don't begrudge them of the decision.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    The fact that we'd have to complete the whole Pokedex ALL OVER AGAIN kinda cringes me a bit because I still haven't been able to complete the Pokedex in X. But since Pokebank *might* be compatible with the new games and such, I'd probably be lucky to fill up those difficult legendary pokemon pokedex entries.

As for the releasing a game every year, I will say these remakes have been long overdue. We've been waiting for so long for those! I think they're on the right track with releasing another set of games this year, I mean, at least it's still the 6th generation. lol

Yeah, there's nothing that suggests these games won't be compatible with Bank. It'd be ridiculous if all of a sudden new games didn't support it lol

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • While they are coming out in novermber... I'd say they are a tad bit early. while it has been 10 years, you got to think along the lines of the fact that people have demanded these games since 2011.. I was hoping they'd wait until a new anniversary in the pokemon franchise before releasing them. ah well~

I remember picking up my original Ruby copy when I was 6. I will always love the game, which is why I am going with OR.

Actually it is an anniversary year in the Pokemon franchise. It's the 10 anniversary since the first set of remakes came out! FrLg came out in 2004 xD. So I guess Hoenn which got it's generation interrupted by remakes gets to do the same to another generation ten years later.

I think they came out at the right time in the end.

Yukari

Too soon? We've waited almost (If not) 11 damn years for these!!! But who cares if it was too close to X/Y? We're finally what we've been begging for!

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
    Years
  • You know what's good? I was one of those people who were all like GIMMIE THEM NOW. I thought they were being so stupid for waiting and leaving these remakes and pushing them back and back when you KNEW they were coming. But you know what? I'm SO glad they waited. The 3D models are so amazing and much better than the half 2D half 3D thing they did with Black and White. It was just time to move on from that and I'm glad they waited. Hoenn is going to look beautiful. Something that couldn't be done with sprites, animated or not.

I actually agree. I expected these remakes last generation and I was a bit surprised/annoyed when they didn't come, but I'm definitely glad they didn't now. I'm really excited to see Hoenn IN 3D (!!!) and with all the other improvements in the games to boot. Honestly I kind of feel bad for gen 1 and 2 for having remakes that are so outdated now. Maybe in the future they'll get another reboot, hopefully after Sinnoh...

Years
  • In reply to the OP, I do not think the product was rushed because Game Freak has probably been working on it alongside X and Y the whole time. Also, it is not too soon for Nintendo to publish OR/AS to occupy our attention because, let's be honest, the post-game content of X and Y was meager and disappointing.

Years
  • I definitely feel like it wasn't too soon. X and Y have been out for a while now, and hype about them has cooled down considerably. In any case, it kept the excitement about the new revolution of 3D pokemon games going! It's never too soon for a new game to be announced, haha.

Years
  • You'd think it was too soon with how new X/Y still is, but in a sense it was probably already underway from the fandom's heavy request. Most likely they were negotiating it during X/Y's development but were putting it off as a side project while X/Y was the commercial test games for the concepts they might be intending to use for these remakes. With everything, in X/Y there are a lot of things This remake can use and adapt on it in perfect unision. Think about it, Pokemon Amiee and Character customization would be perfect for contests and secret bases (preperations and decorations), Mega stones were perfect for the concept for Gen 3's legendaries already needing stones to awaken their powers...etc. I just hope GameFreak thought that far.

Theres also the chance that they need more time and more money to reserve for Pokemon Z or whatever they were intending through the hints and mysteries built up in X/Y outside these remakes.

Back