• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Toonami Came Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

User19sq

I always told myself that, if by some chance I were to become famous and very well-recognized in the US, that I would help petition the return of Toonami to CN. I mean, I grew up with naruto, and DBZ, and Zatch Bell, and Teen Titans, and many MANY other shows out there! Hell, they even aired Miyazaki movies and Gorrilaz music videos at other points in time! Why CN decided to give up a blessing for reality shows still confuses me.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • Toonami block just started on my end of the nation. :) NOW WHILE I REVERT BACK TO MY 9 YEAR OLD SELF. :) Tonight is a good night :)

Lolipiece

Burst Warrior
    Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2013
    It's over...

Now back to lame old present that is 2012....

Years
  • I cant believe I missed that.

I hope they decide to play Toonami every Saturday... the rating I am sure went way up during Toonami last night.

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
  • I missed most of it, too.
    Fell asleep after Dragonball Z D:

I would really have loved to see Trigun again.

Years
  • The ads/host segments/whatever are all over Youtube. As for the shows...well. I'm sure you can find them somewhere.

Go go go!

Also- LOTS AND LOTS OF JETS AND PLANES.

Last edited:

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
    Years
  • Man, I bet they saw the ratings last night and were mind blown.. xD;

That was the first time I had tuned into AS/"Toonami" in nearly five years.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • Toonami NEEDS to come back.

It's just been a MEGA FAIL for Cartoon Network ever since they first made their mentally retarded decision.

Obviously that's just IMO though...

=/

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • Did you guys happen to see Steve Blum's Facebook page and what he wrote?

"For the record, Wikipedia, I did NOT say it's here to stay. …But I sure hope so. Let 'em know you want it, people.
    Late. End Transmission. XO
    T.O.M."

Somebody needs to know that Toonami needs to return for good. ;_;

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Oh, my goodness. When I saw Toonami on my TV screen I literally cried and said: "Adult Swim, I love you for doing this!"

The anime they had last night was night was amazing and classic and I finally got to see Big O episode 1~. And Astroy Boy !^^ My life is complete~.

I stayed up through the whole thing because I remembered how much I used to love Toonami~.

Best.April Fools Day Joke.Ever.

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
    Years
  • I wonder if the 10 secs of The Room was the prank XD. CN would be idiots not to keep it going. Sure we need new shows maybe Shippuden,OP and Fairy Tail mixed with FMA and DRRR

User19sq

If CN snaps to it senses and brings back Toonami for good, then it should replace Adult Swim on Saturday nights, since it's all about the anime, wich some AS staff has admitted to not being fond of.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2013
    Just make sure you all go to Cartoon Network's feedback page and tell them how awesome it was to see TOM back! This is our chance to really be heard!

Railgun

Years
  • Wait did they just add the Toonami section to the site for April fools or was it added prior to April 1st? If so I truly think this was not a prank but a test and next week its back to regular AS but they may look at ratings and decide maybe by the fall? idk

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Did you guys happen to see Steve Blum's Facebook page and what he wrote?

Somebody needs to know that Toonami needs to return for good. ;_;
    That's why everyone should post feedback at Cartoon Network in the Programming portion of Toonami feedback.

I wonder if the 10 secs of The Room was the prank XD. CN would be idiots not to keep it going. Sure we need new shows maybe Shippuden,OP and Fairy Tail mixed with FMA and DRRR
    I thought Shippudden was being aired on Disney XD? And I think they would want a little more diversity instead of airing a bunch of Shonen anime.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2013
    Wait did they just add the Toonami section to the site for April fools or was it added prior to April 1st? If so I truly think this was not a prank but a test and next week its back to regular AS but they may look at ratings and decide maybe by the fall? idk

From what I understand, it was only just recently added back to the topics. Sounds like they set this up as a test of the Toonami Faithful! I think we passed, now we just gotta let 'em know what we want! : )

Railgun

Years
  • That's why everyone should post feedback at Cartoon Network in the Programming portion of Toonami feedback.

I thought Shippudden was being aired on Disney XD? And I think they would want a little more diversity instead of airing a bunch of Shonen anime.

Disney dropped it in November for random reasons. I'm not saying it needs shonen only I'd love to see Sekirei seasons 1 and 2 air. Also would love to see Shin Chan

User19sq

I just finished leaving feedback at CN's website. I really missed Toonami.

For those of you who'd like to leave feedback as well, the links to both CN and AS can be found in teh description of this video here.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back