• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Toonami Came Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
  • Disney dropped it in November for random reasons. I'm not saying it needs shonen only I'd love to see Sekirei seasons 1 and 2 air. Also would love to see Shin Chan
    Well if that's the case then I'd hope they go for it then.

And Shin Chan strikes me more Adult Swim which is what I remember it primarily airing on. Unless they decide no Adult Swim on Saturday night and just have that is their anime night. So they can show the best of both. Most of the time though they stuck to having them in the either Toonami or Adult Swim time slots unless they were going to do their Midnight Run which they did from time to time.

Years
  • Well if that's the case then I'd hope they go for it then.

And Shin Chan strikes me more Adult Swim which is what I remember it primarily airing on. Unless they decide no Adult Swim on Saturday night and just have that is their anime night. So they can show the best of both. Most of the time though they stuck to having them in the either Toonami or Adult Swim time slots unless they were going to do their Midnight Run which they did from time to time.

Well, since Saturdays were already anime nights for Adult Swim anyway, there's not much point in replacing it with Toonami unless they want to take advantage of the brand-recognition that has among anime fans and the recognition the series that aired on there have. I could see it to be advantageous if Toonami was made a segment of Adult Swim, though, having it air a little earlier than the regular Adult Swim programming on a given day of the week (Friday or Sunday would probably be good days).

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Are you kidding me?! I've missed Toonami so much!!! T_T Aaugh, this would have probably been the best April Fools' Day prank ever if I actually got to see it as it was happening! Somebody mentioned something about Toonami "showcasing" Bleach yesterday, but I thought they were confused or something!

Adult Swim finally made an April Fool's joke go right!!

As a shout-out, it started by saying that the infamous movie, The Room, was available on DVD. After that, TOM 3 and the rest of his Toonami cast started with airing a new Bleach episode, followed by other old anime.

I'm very, very impressed! Not only did Blum repise his role as TOM 3, but he also voiced new items as well! TOM 3 did a review on Mass Effect 3, which I'm sure no one saw coming! Not only that, but he also previewed the new Bleach episode just as he did with other old anime from back then! He's also promoting the DVD sets for the outdated anime he's airing, like Dragonball Z and Gundam Wing.

Whether this is permanent or not is beyond me, but I wish it was. The broadcast is currently airing on Cartoon network, if you're interested in nostalgia.

So, any opinions? Comments? Discussions?

This would've been so freaking awesome to experience, from the sounds of it.

I look away for an hour and come back to find Twitter exploding with Toonami stuff. Which is awesome.

Bad part about it is that I don't have cable/other television viewing method ._. A bittersweet night this is.

This.

Obviously CN is trollin, since they should have never cancelled Toonami and started having crappy alternative programming in its place. I just hope these old episodes spark enthusiasm of viewers to request more of this and the newer generation to realize how badass the out skool toonami line up was. Which they would have showed Wing Zero vs. Epyon EP 37 I believe. That would have been pretty awesome showcase of Wing.

And this.

According to Wikipedia, Blum said on FB that Toonami's making a return. I can't find the post to confirm it, though, because I can't work my way around Facebook.

If Cn is trolling, then they're doing it right. But if they're actually bringing it back, like Blum says, then that means we shall rejoice. XD

If Cartoon Network actually brought back the Toonami block permanently, I would anticipate that being a major case of Win Back The Crowd for the network (although Toonami should have never been canceled in the first place -.-). I *might* even forgive the network for the "CN Real" disaster. Might.

This is brilliant. Kudos Adult Swim.
    It's a shame that this has something to do with April Fools, but the nostalgia aspect was great.

And this.

I'm convinced that it's an April Fool's joke now. When promoting Tenshi Muyo, TOM referenced the "I got 99 Problems But a B**** Ain't One" song, using the actuall word "b****" unsencored and everything, something he wouldn't do back then.

I laughed when he did that, though. XDDDDD

Whoa... :<

I always told myself that, if by some chance I were to become famous and very well-recognized in the US, that I would help petition the return of Toonami to CN. I mean, I grew up with naruto, and DBZ, and Zatch Bell, and Teen Titans, and many MANY other shows out there! Hell, they even aired Miyazaki movies and Gorrilaz music videos at other points in time! Why CN decided to give up a blessing for reality shows still confuses me.

This.

I cant believe I missed that.

I hope they decide to play Toonami every Saturday... the rating I am sure went way up during Toonami last night.

This.

I missed most of it, too.
    Fell asleep after Dragonball Z D:

I would really have loved to see Trigun again.

You fell asleep?! :cer_laugh:

I wonder if the 10 secs of The Room was the prank XD. CN would be idiots not to keep it going. Sure we need new shows maybe Shippuden,OP and Fairy Tail mixed with FMA and DRRR

This.

Well, since Saturdays were already anime nights for Adult Swim anyway, there's not much point in replacing it with Toonami unless they want to take advantage of the brand-recognition that has among anime fans and the recognition the series that aired on there have. I could see it to be advantageous if Toonami was made a segment of Adult Swim, though, having it air a little earlier than the regular Adult Swim programming on a given day of the week (Friday or Sunday would probably be good days).

This could be a good idea, IMO. (sometimes, I wonder why Bleach is restricted to Adult Swim while Naruto (Part 1) and One Piece managed to air with relatively little edits on Cartoon Network's Toonami block.

Anyway, dumb move by Disney XD for "dropping" Naruto Shippuden (IMO, that's the last place that I wanted the show to end up); it would be awesome if Cartoon Network and/or Adult Swim could get ahold of the rights for Shippuden, as IIRC Cartoon Network still owns the rights for the airing of Naruto Part 1. For me, Naruto was the show that got me hooked on Toonami and Toonami's many other shows (although Toonami was pretty respectable even before Naruto aired on the block). A triumphant return of Toonami to Cartoon Network would be so awesome...I'd hate for Toonami's resurfacing to only be limited to a one-night April Fools' Day event. :x

Last edited:

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Things that I thought of and other people noted that makes me believe this is more then a joke and more of a catalyst to gauge our interests in Toonami rather then a simple April Fools joke.

- That had to buy the rights for all those shows again? Or at least those episodes, so I don't see why they would spend all that just for one night.

- Tom(Steven Blum) acknowledged full well this was a joke showing The Room right before they aired. So this seems more like a NOT joke rather then a typical one we would see.

- They did review of Mass Effect 3 and promote DVD's of the shows. The promotion of the DVD's may have been the reason they were allowed to broadcast the shows though.

At the end of the day the ratings, the feedback, the fan response will be the telling sign of whether we see this again or not. So I really hope that everyone who does want it back does make their voice heard. Because in this instance I think ever voice matters, so please let them be heard.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • CN and AS don't respond to their feedback sorry.

I've tried before and never got an e-mail back.

They don't give a **** about you or what their fans want.

Which is why they are just a bunch of MEGA FAIL mentally retarded idiots.

IMO... again... obviously...

=/

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • It's worth a try, its better then assuming they don't care. Even if they did response I assume it would be some generic "Thanks for filling out the feedback on Cartoon Network, your feedback is very much appreciated." Which is what they do at a lot of places. Well if Cartoon Network goes out of business then yes they are idiots, but if they really want good ratings and to cater to the audience they will listen and try and implement our pleas to bring back Toonami.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2013
    CN and AS don't respond to their feedback sorry.

I've tried before and never got an e-mail back.

Which is why they are just a bunch of MEGA FAIL mentally retarded idiots.

IMO... again... obviously...

=/

I agree with Kenshin5. It's not necessarily about what our messages say, but the actual number of messages they get. They may never read a single one of them, but if they get thousands and thousands of messages about it, they'll HAVE to at least consider it. I don't think CN or AS have done anything in recent years that has gotten this much attention, which would result in a massive boost in ratings and revenue. Also, it would please the fans, something that rarely happens for CN anymoe. If it pleases the fans and creates revenue, they'd be crazy to simply let it go, especially after the response from this surprise return.
    If they handle Toonami the right way, it will be successful for them.

Pppgggr

Cheese, for everyone!
    Years
  • Toonami came back for ONE NIGHT and I MISSED IT?!?!?!?! I was up until FOUR A.M that night......And I usually check CN every Saturday to see if they're showing a good Anime on Adult Swim. I was there for the last airing of Toonami, and I've been wishing for that ever since. Stupid Taiwanese Dragonball Online. If I wasnt so focused on downloading that at the time, I probably would have caught it.

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
    Years
  • Normally, no, they don't care much what the fans want.. but considering that they were the one's who started the #BringBackToonami tag on Twitter, they obviously care to an extent. :p

My followers probably hated me for a bit, since I probably sent #BringBackToonami in 10 different ways, over 10 different tweets. >__> I regret nothing.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Finally gives me an actual reason to watch Cartoon Network.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • Uh, hello, Adventure Time. D:
    Nah, not everyone likes it like I do.

If they were to bring it back, I seriously hope they don't bog it down with American cartoons like Teen Titans and The Justice League.
    Not that I didn't think those shows were OK, but I watched Toonami for the Anime.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2013
    If they were to bring it back, I seriously hope they don't bog it down with American cartoons like Teen Titans and The Justice League.
    Not that I didn't think those shows were OK, but I watched Toonami for the Anime.

I don't think we'll have to worry about that. If Adult Swim brings it back, we won't get shows like Teen Titans that are aimed at kids. Judging by the fact that all they showed the other night was anime, that's probably what it will be, an all anime block.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • Adult Swim likes to be immature idiots and troll.

They're continuing this joke WAY past April Fools. If that doesn't prove Adult Swim are immature idiots then I don't know what will.

BTW... I can't remember if I said it in my last post or not but I'll go ahead and say it again if I already said it anyway.

Adult Swim is JUST like Cartoon Network.

Wow... I'm saying a lot of stuff that's IMO huh...?

=/

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years

They're continuing this joke WAY past April Fools. If that doesn't prove Adult Swim are immature idiots then I don't know what will.

BTW... I can't remember if I said it in my last post or not but I'll go ahead and say it again if I already said it anyway.

=/
    As a total outsider to this whole situation, it honestly seems like they put in the Toonami block as an April Fool's joke and then, seeing how much positive feedback they got, are now considering bringing it back for a permanent time slot. I don't think it's a joke anymore. o.o

I doubt it would be advantageous at all to let it drag on this long or to rile up fans without actually doing something with all the publicity/excitement.

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
    Years

=/

I highly doubt they would joke about this past the 1st. If there trolling us there going to lose viewers.

As for Toonami anime some people are saying it should only have bloody anime. But I see nothing wrong with them keeping kid stuff like Durarara and FMA and maybe the Funi OP even though thats aimed at kids.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • As a lot of the others in the thread have said, not a lot of the Adult Swim crew particularly like their anime block, so I honestly think they're wanting to get Toonami back as a way to have the Anime taken off their hands and put into a far more fitting block.

By the way, keep tweeting #BringBackToonami you guys. :O
    It reached the worldwide #2 spot in Twitter topics on Monday, meaning everyone and their mother was tweeting it (and still are, getting like 3 new tweets every couple seconds).

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
    Years
  • I heard some people saying AS tweet was a joke but I doubt that. I mean it was April 2nd and if it was a joke I can see that "joke" hurting them in the long run. Hopefully the tweets work and it returns this fall :) My real question is (not sure if its been answered yet) would they make a new TOM 5.0 or stay with 3.0?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back