• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Top 5 most ridiculous pokemon designs

Years
  • Wormadam
    They look like Jack'o lanterns. Where's the orange one?

Combee
    Wow. Honeycomb with wings. I have my Honeycomb with milk.

Garchomp
    Sharpedo with feet and claws and some Sceptile DNA. What next? Venustoise?

The Regi. Yes. All four.

Probopass: First Pokemon with pubes...

Lickilicky: Lickitung post digestion = fat and bouncy???

Azurill, Igglybuff, Cleffa, Smoochum

As for ridiculous movesets: Male Smeargle with Milk Drink.

Season

Garden Gladiator
    Years
  • Quagsire: I'm sure what makes me hate this thing so much. It's just always made me feel sick upon seeing it. I guess that's a good enough reason to loathe it the way I do.
    Snubbull: This thing is just plain ugly. I realize it's supposed to sit on the cute/ugly boarder, but it just looks hideous to me. My hatered of it is pretty close to that of Quagsire.
    Mawile: This thing just freaks me out.
    Forretress: I actually have a soft spot for Pineco. Forretress on the other hand just looks like a brain that got stabbed with a few straws. I basically just ignore this thing's existance.
    Nosepass: What a horrible idea. There's no excuse for this thing.

Then of course there are the Pokemon with very, very similar designs. All of the dinosaur/reptile Pokemon with plants growing on them (Venusaur, Grotle, Tropius) for example. They're excused though because I think most of them are pretty cool. :P

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • I did 6 because, like that guy with the glasses, I always go one step ahead....

Bidoof- WORST POKEMON EVER

LickyLicky- It's ugly, looks like a fat german kid, and has an awful name

Glalie- WHAT THE HELL IS THIS SUPPOSED TO BE!? Luckly, I know what Snorunt and Frosslass are based on.....

Foretress- Another pokemon you have no idea what it's based on, seriously, Pineco is called the bagworm pokemon, yet looks nothing like a bagworm, and Foretress, WTF was nintendo thinking, it's the weirdest Pokemon in appearence....

Nosepass- The worst idea to come out of Nintendos head, it's a mix between a compass, and an Easter Island head, I am seriously not giving my gum gum to this dum dum (if you don't get the refrence, you seriously need to watch the movie Night at the Museum), Probopass, OMFG, WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!?

and lastly:

MAGMORTAR - Face it, he looks like Gutsman from the first Megaman game mixed with an egg plus Magmar

Last edited:

Articuno Girl

A wingbeat and a snowflake
    Years
  • Bidoof - How creative /sarcasm
    Bronzor - It's just a floating medallion
    Magnezone - Seriously what the hell happened there?!
    Purugly - Ugh..
    Whiscash - Just no..
    Lul.

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
  • Purugly - Made of fail.
    Carnivine - I was always hoping for a venus flytrap-based pokemon; I was also expecting it to hold some amount of dignity. This thing just looks ridiculous. I'd rather they start heading in the direction of Yu-Gi-Oh before they try to make every pokemon friendly like a NeoPet.
    Rotom Formes - Lamest thing I've ever seen; like a mix of Ghostbusters and Scooby-Doo on an acid trip.
    Manaphy/Phione - Not only are there more than enough legendaries at this point, there are also more than enough water-types.
    Heatran - Apparently someone in Japan though it would be neat to draw legs on a piece of burning charcoal.

Fate Falls

Pokémon Researcher
    Years
  • Here are my top 5...

5. Luvdisc

This Pokemon is so extremely boring and is just one of many that seems to defy the laws of physics. The only way this Pokemon would ever be wanted is for Valentine's day (given that that holiday exists in the world of Pokemon).

4. Spinda

Is this Pokemon on drugs? Or is it just supposed to be constantly knocked out? It seems like the artist just got lazy or ran out of ideas here. Why would you want this thing?

3. Gulpin

This Pokemon, along with its evolved form, are just so incredibly ugly and ridiculous. It is just a blob with puckering lips...with very odd hands/fingers. Anyone that calls themselves an "artist" should be embarrassed if they designed this. This is disgraceful.

2. Wabbuffet

What is wrong with this Pokemon? First of all, it always looks constipated. Second, are those feet, toes, or something in need of a bra? Third, why does its tail (assuming that is a tail) look like it has eyes? This Pokemon is the epitome of weird and creepy.

1. Spiritomb

What. The. Heck? When I first saw this Pokemon, I thought it was a joke. It looks like something a 5-year-old drew. I am seriously surprised this Pokemon wasn't rejected.

One that didn't make the list...

Purugly
    This cat Pokemon is definitely strange looking, but it's more so the name that is just awful. Purugly? Seriously? That's just humiliating. No one's going to want a Pokemon with that name.

Bidoof
    Again, it's the name. Why is it named this? That poor little beaver. I'm sure he'd be much more lovable with a name that was given at least some thought.

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2011
    1. Luvdisc - Its just so weird looking....and creepy

2. Slugma - Kinda looks disgusting lol, its face is melting off!

3. Bidoof - Looks kinda retarded :P but funny at the same time

4. - Remoraid - Not very appealing to the eyes

5. - Tangela - Kinda boring with nothing but vines

Season

Garden Gladiator
    Years
  • I never even noticed Luvdisc existed until a few months ago. I must have seen it a thousand times but it was just so uninteresting it just never 'clicked.'
    I love Spinda though. From the second I saw that retarded little thing I knew I was in for a life-long love. :P

Artyte

Bin- No Pokemon Prejudice
    Years
  • Wow

Didn't know you guys hate 4th generation pokemon designs so much. For me, most of them come from 1st generation, as the designers just started out and weren't much creative during that moment. The generation's pokemon designs that I like best were from the 3rd, but were not my favourite.

αѕн.

PKMN Master
    Years
  • I Think These Are Retarded :

• Muk - backwards Lol
    • Probopass - Hobopass
    • Bidoof - Yeah You Know.. =3
    • Starly - Ripoff Of Pidgey and Tailow
    • Tanglea - Just A Crappy Sprite And Just A Really Crappy Pokemon Itself

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Before I start ranting, I'm suprisingly not going to put Jynx on this list. While I hate it so much (!!!), I'm just glad it's female only. Which leads me to...

5) Machamp- Just imagine a female one *shudders* ;_; Since gender hasn't really got anything to do with the design, I'll just say it looks like Machoke took a few too many steroids. :\ Also, the four arms scare me.

4) Voltorb\Electrode- W00T, it's a Pokeball! >_> Come on, how unoriginal can you get?!?! I bet Game Freak are kicking theselves for creating such a lame Pokemon to begin with. xD

3) Magmar\Magmortar- Magmar's a butt-headed duck fire thing, and Magmortar just looks retarded. |:< I mean, where did the random gun\blaster\whatever come from?! >_< Plus, it's legs scare me. xD

2) Mr Potatoe Head Probopass- I actually didn't really have a problem with Nosepass in Generation III. :\ I just kind of forgot about it. xD Now, though, I can never look at it the same way again with it's horrendous evolution.

And the winner is...

Bidoof\Bibarel (mainly Bibarel)

Bidoof isn't so horrible, heck, its kinda grown on me. :\ i still dislike it, but compared to its evolution, Bibare, it's a masterpiece. Bibarel definitely looks the most ridiculous. Heck, that's too nice |:< it looks the most retarded. |:< My little sister could probably draw a better Pokemon! :( Yeah, i really hate Bibarel (not as much as Jynx, but that's another story. :P)

Season

Garden Gladiator
    Years
  • Bibarel is pretty unimaginative but there are many less creative Pokemon out there. Stantler and Ledyba come to mind. There's virtually no difference between them and their real life counter parts.

Dragonfly Z

Frozen Soul
    Years
  • 6.Bidoof

-That's a Pokemon? Seriously?!
    5.Glalie

-It looks like a black Gengar covered in snow.
    4.Probopass

-What's with the nose? And it that a MOUSTACHE??
    3.Tangela

-I'm serious, this thing scared me when I was little...
    2.Spinda

-Is that a drunk panda?
    1.Luvdisc

-Uncreative to the extreme. This is pathetically sad. A heart?

Yeah, I know that's 6, but I just wanted to post that.
    :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Bidoof and Glalie haters......D:

Rhyperior, Magmortar, Bibarel, Roselia, Gengar.

I don't hate them, but I find them ugly. :/

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • Voltorb/Electrode. Most pointless designs ever.

Diglett/Dugtrio. Once the novelty of "lols I wonder what it looks like underneath??" has worn off, you realise that somebody simply stuck a sausage or three in the ground and drew faces on 'em.

Chikorita / Bayleef / Meganium. I don't know why, but for some reason I can't stand the sight of any of them. -.- And I love grass-type Starters. :|

Zangoose. They're supposed to be so fierce...and...and then...the big fluffy tail. It just...makes me lol. Seviper ftw.

Happiny. She looks like Vicki Pollard. -.-

I actually like the designs for Arceus and Palkia, too. Even with Palkia's...erm...Freudian...yeah. >: -huggles them-

EvilMudkip

plannin' ur doom
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2009
    I don't really hate any Pokémon...
    I think it's kinda optimistic or something that when I see most of the Pokémon posted here, I just lol. :P

Back