• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tougher D/D/P Section

Status
Not open for further replies.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
Years
  • The thing about approving posts is that if a thread isn't approved, a poster will have no idea why it wasn't approved, or that it was even disapproved in the first place. So that poster will likely just post the thread multiple times, or just randomly post the topic in other threads. :/

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
  • But when the thread is in the approval process it would say:

"Your thread must be approved by moderators before it can be posted, blah blah blah."

Or something around there.

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
  • Yes, but nobody bothers to look before they post, and it gets rather aggravating, especially when they post the same thing someone else a week before posted.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    That would work rather poorly. The idea of approval has only really worked for creative discussion threads, and even then members always complain about threads not appearing. It'd be rather inappropriate to start the approval process on a forum that has facilitated free posting for a long time (all our game forums work off a system where we don't even need to post rule threads). The only restriction to free posting in the Diamond and Pearl forums, which I find necessary at all, is the enforcement of the main community rules, AND the enforcement of the use of active, existing threads, and the use of stuck threads.

You could just tell them to wait and then say if the thread was approved or not.

P.S. Sorry for making such a small answer to a large post.

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    There's really not much anyone can do to correct this problem; the only solution is to enforce the rules that are already in place, which already happens. This problem doesn't really have a quick-fix.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Could always put more moderators into the section,
    Then approving posts will come very easy!

Putting threads in the D/P/P board on moderation is not a good idea. It works for the roleplay boards because there are only one or two roleplays to be examined daily for the moderators. If the staff went through with what you are suggesting the D/P/P board moderators would be horribly stressed. Not only would they have to lock threads where the problem has been resolved, they'd also have to go over loads of threads all the time to approve them and I really don't think that they deserve that kind of torture.

Just my opinion. I can't really say much seeing as I hardly post in the board in question though.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    @OP: You see a bunch of locked threads and you're saying the rules aren't being enforced?

Something's wrong with your logic.

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
  • @OP: You see a bunch of locked threads and you're saying the rules aren't being enforced?

Something's wrong with your logic.

I agree,

Locked threads = Rule breakers. People who don't post in the right section or who are offtopic

Moved threads = People who have posted in the wrong section, and must be showed where the correct section is.

Espreon

Lord of the Nagas
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2011
    I agree, I hate the look of all the locked threads... it needs to be fixed and stuff... Clutter isn't a good thing...

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    ^What else do you expect them to do? To delete said threads? That's not good for the moderators nor the members.

I find it amusing when you complain about something yet don't offer an alternative solution. You just say it needs to be "fixed and stuff".

I suggest you take a look at how the rules are actually being enforced, due to the amount of locked threads.

If you don't like seeing a few locked threads here and there in a forum for some strange reason, then you'll have to deal with it, because the staff isn't to blame for this. Members who don't know how to follow the rules are to blame.

Also, AJ, I was talking to you on that post. I don't understand your logic. You say that rules aren't being enforced yet you complain about all the locked threads.

If you see locked threads, then it Goddamn means that the moderators are doing their job! It's not rocket science.

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
  • It means moderators aren't infracting when they should be.
    I've seen so many people post more than 1 thread in the wrong section, KNOWING they have been warned for it.

KhaosKnight

The 1 and only Khaotic Hacker
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    well if the mods want to be like that i say we should dish out 24 hour bans to anyone who posts in the wrong section and such.

And wakachamo, calm down if he had a solution he would have PM the mods or somthing, he posted it the Questions & Feedback section because he had a question/problem and wanted some damn feedback!!! You are getting worked up for no reason. As you have noticed we had offered a few solutions, but the mods dont like them so what can we do. And i dont know why you keep questioning his logic, is logic is just fine. Like i said if he had a solution then this thread would not have exitsed and the D/P would be a better enviroment!

Last edited:

KhaosKnight

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    I know but some dont listen to infractions, i think that after a nOOb or someone that posts somewhere in the wrong place should be banned for 24 hours. That way they would get a clear *in your face* message and we might get some bandwidth space on the site if a few people we gone for a day :D

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    It means moderators aren't infracting when they should be.
    I've seen so many people post more than 1 thread in the wrong section, KNOWING they have been warned for it.

An infraction for simply posting 1 spam thread is way too strict. If it's done repeatedly, believe me, infractions do become part of the equation.

well if the mods want to be like that i say we should dish out 24 hour bans to anyone who posts in the wrong section and such.

And wakachamo, calm down if he had a solution he would have PM the mods or somthing, he posted it the Questions & Feedback section because he had a question/problem and wanted some damn feedback!!! You are getting worked up for no reason. As you have noticed we had offered a few solutions, but the mods dont like them so what can we do. And i dont know why you keep questioning his logic, is logic is just fine. Like i said if he had a solution then this thread would not have exitsed and the D/P would be a better enviroment!

I don't know what you're talking about. I'm not shouting in caps or anything am I?

I know but some dont listen to infractions, i think that after a nOOb or someone that posts somewhere in the wrong place should be banned for 24 hours. That way they would get a clear *in your face* message and we might get some bandwidth space on the site if a few people we gone for a day :D

Once again, a 24 hour ban on a new member simply because he posted a thread in the wrong place is too strict and starts to make this place feel like a dictatorship. Plus, you can't distinguish n00bs from normal members because that would be elitism at its highest level as well.

KhaosKnight

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    Yes you are getting worked up, you attack Aj because he didnt offer a solution of his own right away, you question his logic and say he offers no solution, when you come here and offer no solution yourself, so those posts that you first posted could be counted as spam. Second, if you read the entire posts then you would know that this isnt just about Mods locking threads, it is about the locked threads cluttering up the forum. And how the locked threads stay on the first page while the good ones get bumped to the second and hence, not viewed as often.

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
  • Flaming = Bad.
    So both of you should stop.

I'm not saying for ONE wrong post, but if people keep doing it. They should be, because that's what happening in D/P/P

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • If you'll allow me to interject for a moment...

you attack Aj because he didnt offer a solution of his own right away,

Attack? I'm not seeing any attacks in here. :/

you question his logic and say he offers no solution, when you come here and offer no solution yourself,

First, AJ's logic is wrong. Locked threads are indication of moderators doing their job.

Second, Waka doesn't need to offer a solution, because he's not arguing for a solution. AJ is whining that D/P/P is terrible, so it's kind of expected that he would provide a solution. Waka, however, is stating that D/P/P is as good as it's going to be, so obviously he won't offer a solution to a problem that doesn't really exist/ has no real solution.

Second, if you read the entire posts then you would know that this isnt just about Mods locking threads, it is about the locked threads cluttering up the forum.

That's really how it should be. Locked threads serve as an example to the poster and the rest of the forum of the proper rules.

And how the locked threads stay on the first page while the good ones get bumped to the second and hence, not viewed as often.

What? Locked threads get bumped down by active threads. They don't stay on the first page; since nobody can post in them, they get bumped down, and eventually off the first page.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Flaming = Bad.
    So both of you should stop.

I'm not saying for ONE wrong post, but if people keep doing it. They should be, because that's what happening in D/P/P

Actually, AJ, I think it's just many different members doing it once. I haven't really seen one single member do it enough times to even get an infraction.

And KhaosKnight, I'm not even going to argue with you. I know you really want to have a serious fight with me here and now, but airconditioning pretty much cleaned your clock.

KhaosKnight

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    Actually, AJ, I think it's just many different members doing it once. I haven't really seen one single member do it enough times to even get an infraction.

And KhaosKnight, I'm not even going to argue with you. I know you really want to have a serious fight with me here and now, but airconditioning pretty much cleaned your clock.

No i dont plan on having any kind of fight with you, if i were to have a "fight" with you then that would just bring me down to your level which i am not about doing. And AJ asked if we sould stop so i stopped posting, except for this message. There is nothing that will be done about this problem so there is no point in posting here anymore. And what airconditioning did was just disect my phrases me and him have go arounds like this all the time (or we have once or twice), and i tend to disregaurd things like this in places/situations like this. Point is airconditioning beat me, you didnt so keep your mouth shut. And kudos to airconditioning.

Sorry i couldnt help AJ but Thank you and good day, Khaos

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back