• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
Well what about the trade corner being open to requests? I mean discussion threads and trophey cases can be shown in multiple places as they fall under a lot of categories. I don't really get why you call the trade corner the trade corner when you can't trade in it lol. There's so many discussion threads, and trophey cases should be in people's shop threads don't you agree

Tabor you meant trade plaza right cause that's where the shops are.

Years
It also depends on the kind of request being made too.
Stuff like...
"Want: 6 iv shinies
For trade: bunnelby"
Stuff like that won't get responses so the best thing to do is first decide if fair offers are being made.

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
It also depends on the kind of request being made too.
Stuff like...
"Want: 6 iv shinies
For trade: bunnelby"
Stuff like that won't get responses so the best thing to do is first decide if fair offers are being made.

I highly doubt anyone over 8 years old would post something remotely close to that. I don't low ball ppl. I'd just like a place where I could post a request, and have ppl respond back with what they'd want in return, I don't like hounding ppl and like I said ppl in different time zones make it difficult, and based on other forums the way I'm suggesting seems to work most efficiently and promptly.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
Trade Corner used to be only one forum where everyone could post any request they wanted (aside from hacks) without having to use a thread like the QTTs. Well, you'd imagine how messy that would be with all the people trading because of Gen VI. It would also bury shops and etc.

Well what about the trade corner being open to requests? I mean discussion threads and trophey cases can be shown in multiple places as they fall under a lot of categories. I don't really get why you call the trade corner the trade corner when you can't trade in it lol. There's so many discussion threads, and trophey cases should be in people's shop threads don't you agree

Tabor you meant trade plaza right cause that's where the shops are.

He meant before there was Trade Plaza there was only Trade Corner. Everything was all in one forum and it was very messy and crazy and honestly trading was difficult then. What other places can discussion threads and studios go? Trade Plaza is for trading and Trader Reviews is for leaving reviews about traders. I don't see anywhere else they can go.

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
Discussion threads can be in pokemon x threads pokemon gen 5 threads all those generation threads. All those threads all basically discussion are they not? And as I said studios could go in peoples trade shops, there's not that many anyway. And why are they more important than trades? Seeing as evey studio I've viewed is basically someone saying look at my pokemon I don't wanna trade. I'm sorry I don't really see the importance of studios.

There's also that big section thread called GENERAL POKEMON GAMING DISCUSSION THREAD AND ALTERNITIVE POKEMON DISCUSSION so honestly discussion threads in a trade corner doesn't make sense to me.

I'm not taking about reviews, and the plaza only has shops, I'm looking for a place other the the horrendous QTT it's just over saturated and doesn't really work for me. Also if the trade corner was a place ppl could openly request trades the QTT would actually be useable and smoother.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
Those sections are either dealing with a specific generation of games or are about the games themselves. This is Trade Corner and those discussions are about trade itself, not about the games, so no they don't belong there. And studios are for people to show off their Pokemon yes but not everyone has a trade shop or wants to open one to be able to show what Pokemon they have obtained. And if we did allow threads for trading like they do in other forums, then what happens to the Trade Shops? Also, it'll be a load more work on us mods just to try to keep the forum organized and then there will be no point to having any QTTs.

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
I'm saying leave the plaza for shops open the trade corner to requests, and it will make the QTT easier and more efficient. As far as "trade discussions" to me they can fall under generational gaming discussion based on the game, I just don't get discussions about trading are more important than actuall trades. There's many discussions threads here but only the QTT for trade requests? Just doesn't seem right to me is all I'm saying. As far as the studios what importance are they for there basically just like trade shops but you can't trade for the pokemon making them useless and pointless to me. Why would anyone wanna look at pokemon they can't trade for?

Basically wouldn't you rather have a place to trade pokemon over a place to talk about trades? I mean to me they can be one in the same and in the same thread but i think ppl would rather actually trade than talk about trading

Last edited:

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Trade requests belong in Trade Plaza, that is it. That's because what you are requesting is a trade, which belongs in Trade Plaza. Trade Corner is for chat. Trade Review is for reviews. What you are requesting is essentially a merge of Trade Corner and Trade Plaza. And the fact that the mods had to separate the two in the first place AND the sheer number of active shops in the plaza suggests that merging the two will lead to utter mayhem anyway.

Why don't you just look in the shops for the things you want if you don't want to deal with Quick Trade? If you're not getting responses, it could be because no one is interested in what you are offering.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
I'm saying leave the plaza for shops open the trade corner to requests, and it will make the QTT easier and more efficient. As far as "trade discussions" to me they can fall under generational gaming discussion based on the game, I just don't get discussions about trading are more important than actuall trades. There's many discussions threads here but only the QTT for trade requests? Just doesn't seem right to me is all I'm saying. As far as the studios what importance are they for there basically just like trade shops but you can't trade for the pokemon making them useless and pointless to me. Why would anyone wanna look at pokemon they can't trade for?

Basically wouldn't you rather have a place to trade pokemon over a place to talk about trades? I mean to me they can be one in the same and in the same thread but i think ppl would rather actually trade than talk about trading

What kind of requests in Trade Corner? Requests like "I have Kyogre looking for Groundon"? How would that help the QTT if you post in Trade Corner? And being based on the game doesn't mean it belongs there or else there wouldn't be different sections on this forum. And people do look at studios to get inspiration for what they want to do, admire the hard work of others, and to compliment them on their Pokemon.

If you really want to trade that badly, it's not difficult to get 20 different species of Pokemon and essentially have a thread all to yourself to trade in.

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
Ok sorry I brought it up, just trying to add to what's already a good site, but you all got it figured out.

I'll give you one example of my ideas tho... Neoseeker

Years
Yes the mods do indeed have it figured out. They are a wonderful group of people that help a lot of people for free. PC'S unsung heroes.

Unholy nightmares, I looked at that neoseeker.com and instantly got a headache. Why did it keep sending me in circles?,lords

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
It's easy to get an IV'd pokemon here though... there's at least half a dozen shops with free IV breeding requests. You post what you want (follow the format dammit!) and in several days, you get your 'mon! Right now all the requests are more or less being funneled into one or two shops and the rest are going unnoticed, overwhelming the ones with the funneled requests and leaving the rest of us with our own little projects.

Kudos to the people doing the random breeding requests though. I don't have the patience for that anymore now that I'm so focused competitively.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
You're allowed to post in the QTTs as many times as you want just so long as you delete your last post and don't bump too often. That way people can see your request if it does get pushed to a new page. There's also shops that are offering free Pokemon and there are lots of people here who will help you out if you need it.

Years
Marriland also does that, actually. Marriland actually has a Quick Trades section with QTT: http://www.marriland.com/forums/pokemon-6th-generation/wifi-trading-6th-gen/quick-trades. And yeah, I heard Neoseeker is a good place for trading though I don't have an account there.

Currently I don't believe it's a necessary change to make, but I do wish that mods allow more pages on the QTT before archiving posts. I have to credit the trade mods for the trade reviews section, though, 'twas a brilliant idea.

I do like your feedback though, Bestintheworld, as this thread has been quite dry until you made your comment. Think of this thread as a relaxing hangout for traders... or something.

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
Ya I enjoyed the conversation even tho no one seemed to see my point, and I still don't understand the importance of "trade discussion" why it doesn't fit into generational gaming discussion or ALTERNITIVE discussion, but hey it is what it is.

Years
Ya I enjoyed the conversation even tho no one seemed to see my point, and I still don't understand the importance of "trade discussion" why it doesn't fit into generational gaming discussion or ALTERNITIVE discussion, but hey it is what it is.

I did... I think.

Usually in Pokecommunity we separate Pokemon related discussions to non-Pokemon gaming discussions, but to be honest I don't know why. There's probably a good reason for doing so, but I can't wrap my head around it yet.

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
I don't either, and there's plenty of discussion threads here. Ev to my point on the trade corner being open to requests. If you allow that it will decrease traffic on the QTT which will make it more efficient likewise with requests in the trade corner. I'm getting a headache tho I feel like I keep explaining myself and noone can grasp it. I will never get why "studios" and pokemon shops need to be separated and why even have studios.

Studios seem very snobby to me... Here's my pokemon look in awe but don't ask to trade for them you can't have them. ... Ok they why must you feel the need to show them off it does nothing for the people who look at your studio. It's very self fufilling and snobby imo

Years
But some people also have friends. And those said friends may like to get together in one place and congratulate said friend. Much like we have been doing here recently with 루기아, XD .

Years
I actually felt bad for "showing off" my Pokemon to players here who have almost nothing of value, can't clone, and have no chance of getting the said Pokemon, so I've been giving out couple of surprise gifts. I'll probably do more later but I can't do more than 3 or 4 at a time.

On the other hand, there's always someone who probably has everything that I do, though... Speaking of which, I gotta update my pastebin @_@

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back