• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
  • As I've said I was just suggesting ideas. Never said this site was bad or broken. As far as the studios being a place to display art.. Come on dude their pokemon, maybe if ppl actually drew pictures and stuff that would be pokemon art. A "studio" that simply Lists the pokemon someone has but doesn't wanna trade, to me is irrelevant. Considering its im the " trade corner" and it's unable to be traded justifies the attached "crap" at the end of irrelevant. Not demeaning anyone's pokemon but why list it in the trade corner if ppl can't trade for it? I'm glad you guys see this forum as so elite and progressive tho, the same way u perceive my suggestions as arrogant or whatever saying that my ideas is a step backwards is very cocky and abrasive and arrogant and any other negative adjective you wanna type. That being said I'm going to bed, I will not continue this tomorrow you guys have all the say and therefore my ideas are invalid goo bad or indifferent.

I would just like one of you ev or tabor to agree the studios are inactive and were a bad idea. Goodnight

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • As I've said I was just suggesting ideas. Never said this site was bad or broken. As far as the studios being a place to display art.. Come on dude their pokemon, maybe if ppl actually drew pictures and stuff that would be pokemon art. A "studio" that simply Lists the pokemon someone has but doesn't wanna trade, to me is irrelevant. Considering its im the " trade corner" and it's unable to be traded justifies the attached "crap" at the end of irrelevant. Not demeaning anyone's pokemon but why list it in the trade corner if ppl can't trade for it? I'm glad you guys see this forum as so elite and progressive tho, the same way u perceive my suggestions as arrogant or whatever saying that my ideas is a step backwards is very cocky and abrasive and arrogant and any other negative adjective you wanna type. That being said I'm going to bed, I will not continue this tomorrow you guys have all the say and therefore my ideas are invalid goo bad or indifferent.

I would just like one of you ev or tabor to agree the studios are inactive and were a bad idea. Goodnight

The reason your suggestion wasn't well received is because of why you think it needs to happen. Failure to find trades in the QTT =! failure of QTT. If you get no bites, try again or change your offer. You also have the ability to browse shops for what you need - something that was made difficult when TC was spammed with threads for single trade advertisements.

Studios, if I recall correctly, were also made for people to browse and find inspiration for breeding/RNG projects. They aren't necessarily there for discussion. If you don't care for them, you can scroll past them - their presence isn't that pervasive.

ToWriteLove

On Her Arms
    Years
  • I hope you do realize how many times you contradict yourself in that single post, let alone the rest of your posts.... You're trying to force your opinion onto other people, trying to force them to admit something they themselves, nor others, believe is wrong. There is a difference between having a discussion and being rude.

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
    Years
  • Again for the last time I've made suggestions. I haven't ordered change or try to force my ideals on others. As far as being rude, I disagree I've had a cpl members actually got rude with me not mods but certain members. Idc I'm not a baby. I did become a ill heated that ev kept ignoring my questions and facts I presented about the studios and maybe I got carried away which I apologize for is anyone took that as rudeness but if you did in fact read everything read what a cpl members said to me and if you still I have been the rude one your out of your mind. NEVER DID I SAY CHANGE THIS CHANGE THAT CAUSE MY WAYS BETTER. I made suggestions and asked questions about the way things are set up here. Sorry I care.

Years
  • You wouldn't be bogged down by saying congrats on your collection which is essentially what you said the purpose of having a studio was. So once again thanks for making me look good here.

What? I don't even.......

Anyways, I finally completed what I needed to in the national dex to get the shiny charm. On to hunting shinies to TRADE.

루기아, with your gift, you've also given me a new pokegoal. I'm going to try to get all the shiny ghosts until the bank comes out. Then I think I will have them all except phantump.

Last edited:

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
  • Speaking of studio, I need to get back to work on transferring my gen 4 and 5 stuff there so I can finally get my last shop closed for good. And speaking of studio, I borked up and I have no way of telling what EVs my gen 6 stuff is carrying now. Oops.

Years
  • Again for the last time I've made suggestions. I haven't ordered change or try to force my ideals on others.

Actually you did, as you wanted one of the staff members to agree with you...

You were also name calling other members in here, you called Griffinbane a "suck up" if I recall, which obviously is not going to be well received by moderators. If you feel that she was being rude to you first, you could at least take it to the PMs instead of stooping down to lower level by name calling in a thread where everyone can see.

I know you're trying not to be rude, but unfortunately you come across as so as you're so adamant about defending your position.

Last edited:

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
    Years
  • I wasn't trying to be rude or a tattle tale I wasn't trying to get out of hand I apologize if I offended anyone.. As to "trying to make them agree with me".. Evrything else I said got shot down, and I was tired lol, so it was more of a joke like, "oh please just agree with me on one thing"

And again everything else were just suggestions and finding out why things are done the way the are so I can understand

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    I do agree that studios are inactive yes. Trade Corner itself is pretty much inactive and the reason for that is the majority of people who do visit the trade section do so just to find a quick trade and then leave. They don't stay for long and don't contribute to the discussions. And just about all the regulars have posted in all the threads and so we have nothing left to say on the matter so therefore the threads are dead for long periods of time, including studios. It was an idea that people wanted because most of them don't have any place to display the Pokemon they worked so hard to get. You may not see it as an art, but some of us do see it as an art and so we appreciate having a gallery to proudly display what we have. If you don't like it you don't have to click on it, and since there's not many it's not that hard to ignore. You have your opinions though and we have ours, but Trade Corner isn't going to be changed by just one member's view alone. If the majority doesn't like it then we'll change but for now it'll stay as it is.

I do agree with you on the QTT though and yes that is a problem that needs to be solved. When X/Y was released we never anticipated all the aftereffects we would have to deal with. There's been a influx of scammers we've had to deal with to keep this community safe for trading. Bank failed to contain the hacks to Gen V and so hacks have been traded here all over the place and we're trying our best to make others aware of what is hacked and what's not. Then you have the QTT. Yes it gets a ton of posts in a short amount of time. The majority are people who are here just for a trade or two, but some are reposts of regulars who are trying to trade too. Opening up Trade Corner to trading is not the solution though.

Attention all Traders!
    And so us mods have a question to ask of you all. What do you think would be the best way to help make the QTTs more workable? Should there be more of them in Trade Plaza or should there be a new section for QTTs? Or should there be something completely different? Any ideas are welcome but please try to make them reasonable.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I wasn't trying to be rude or a tattle tale I wasn't trying to get out of hand I apologize if I offended anyone.. As to "trying to make them agree with me".. Evrything else I said got shot down, and I was tired lol, so it was more of a joke like, "oh please just agree with me on one thing"

And again everything else were just suggestions and finding out why things are done the way the are so I can understand

It's OK, such frustration have gotten better of me at times as well, though nowadays I keep my emotions in check most of the time.

Years
  • Attention all Traders!
    And so us mods have a question to ask of you all. What do you think would be the best way to help make the QTTs more workable? Should there be more of them in Trade Plaza or should there be a new section for QTTs? Or should there be something completely different? Any ideas are welcome but please try to make them reasonable.
    Everything works pretty good so far. The only things I ever get frustrated with are as follows....
    If you are offering and/or looking for more than say 5-10 pokemon, spoiler tags should be mandatory.
    If we could up the post count per page in the qtt, that would help on the reposts and therefore cutting down on people's posts getting looked over.
    Images should only be allowed in shops, not the qtt. Yea it really draws attention to your post but it takes up a lot of space.
    I really like the addition of the competitive qtt, it's cut out a lot of traffic of unreasonable requests for common traders. Maybe we could subsection the trade plaza for competitive/non - competitive sections. Or come up with a labeling system for trade shops for people that are only looking for/trading high iv'd stuff or something like that. I find it a little annoying to look through five or six shops before I find someone wiling to actually trade anything. I know this would be the hardest suggestion to implement and it might just be me being cuckoo.
    We could possibly make multiple qtts. One for regular stuff,one for competitive, and one for shinies. And maybe one for legendary/dex filling(this is my worst idea yet but still worth mentioning)

That's all I can think of right now.

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
    Years
  • lunis said:
    Everything works pretty good so far. The only things I ever get frustrated with are as follows....
    If you are offering and/or looking for more than say 5-10 pokemon, spoiler tags should be mandatory.
    Perhaps this could be mandatory, but at a higher number?

lunis said:
    If we could up the post count per page in the qtt, that would help on the reposts and therefore cutting down on people's posts getting looked over.
    If I'm correct, the fact that we only have 25 posts per page in all threads is because that's just how the forum is. I don't really know about it too much, perhaps a way could be made to adjust it for specific forums or threads?

lunis said:
    Images should only be allowed in shops, not the qtt. Yea it really draws attention to your post but it takes up a lot of space.
    I have to agree on this one.

lunis said:
    I really like the addition of the competitive qtt, it's cut out a lot of traffic of unreasonable requests for common traders. Maybe we could subsection the trade plaza for competitive/non - competitive sections. Or come up with a labeling system for trade shops for people that are only looking for/trading high iv'd stuff or something like that. I find it a little annoying to look through five or six shops before I find someone wiling to actually trade anything. I know this would be the hardest suggestion to implement and it might just be me being cuckoo.
    Well, what about the Generation prefixes? Perhaps a good idea could be only adding this idea onto the X/Y prefix?

lunis said:
    We could possibly make multiple qtts. One for regular stuff,one for competitive, and one for shinies. And maybe one for legendary/dex filling(this is my worst idea yet but still worth mentioning)

That's all I can think of right now.
    Hmm, I'm not too sure for Legendary or dex fillers. Perhaps those could go in the regular one? Or at the very least, dex fillers could go into the regular QTT.

Years
  • The dex filler/legendary was just something that popped out. I didn't like that one either.

Adding something to the x/y prefixes would work amazingly well.

I figured the post count would be stuck there but I wasn't sure either. Spoiler tags and no images would knock out that concern all together I'm sure.

A higher count for required spoiler tags would be great. 5-10 was just a random number that popped in my head.

And before someone chimes in, I was in no way trying to force my ideas or change the site radically. My ideas were mainly small things.

Years
  • I personally don't like the spoiler feature. Having to open the spoilers of every other thread will be a pain if it's only requirement is 5 Pokemon.

That being said, maybe 20? That's the requirement for making a trade shop.

Also, where would the competitive shiny trade threads will go?

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
  • I'd say competitive shinies should go in whichever thread the owner wants to put them in. Meaning if the owner wants random shinies, they'd post in the shiny thread while if they want competitive shiny, they should post in the competitive thread. Either way, the number of competitive shinies are well, few, so I don't think they warrant its own thread.

Years
  • I agree with you there Griffinbane. When it comes to competitive pokemon, being shiny is basically a bonus. Bonus' shouldn't really warrant their own qtt.

Years
  • I'd say competitive shinies should go in whichever thread the owner wants to put them in. Meaning if the owner wants random shinies, they'd post in the shiny thread while if they want competitive shiny, they should post in the competitive thread. Either way, the number of competitive shinies are well, few, so I don't think they warrant its own thread.

That's a good suggestion, so Normal QTT, Shiny QTT, and Competitive QTT...

Still not quite too sure about this, though. I think it's currently fine as is.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Oh wow a lot transpired in my hiatus. Not to bring up sore subjects but to be honest I can probably complete 95% of the QTT requests, disregarding Legend/Event and Shiny. If the QTT isn't working it's because you're not offering anything I'm interested in and often I'm lazy. I get sick of pressing the Home button, deleting people, adding new people then doing the trade for a Pokémon I'm going to release. New threads or being able to make threads for your request isn't going to help me want to trade.

On the new subject I believe new QTT for Shiny and another for Legendary would be nice. The competitive is slightly pointless in my opinion. IV spreads can be including in the other threads. If it's Shiny put it in the Shiny thread with the spread included. Regular QTT can include spreads as well.

I do see a good reason for Legendary getting it's own thread. Shininess and IV can be included but some people like looking for just Legendary. I trade mostly in Legendary and have amassed a collection of Kalos native Legends. I'm not trading them for anything but other Legends.

In short pretty much, Breedable + Nidorina, Nidoqueen etc QTT, Shiny QTT, Legendary QTT, IV spreads included in all posts if they are anything notable. You include Nature/Ability right? Why not IV? No purpose in deleting Competitive QTT though. I just personally don't have much use for it.

Years
  • I just read the other part of your post 루기아, either 20 wants or 20 offers being the number cap is a great suggestion.

And maybe I'm reading it wrong, but did you mean to say threads or posts? I'm talking about communal quick trade threads, not threads for individuals.:) Still, it seems like we are on the same page here though,XD .
    Plus all this is just chit - chat anyways. I'm sure that all of this might be more of a hassle than anything.

But to further the discussion a little, maybe some established rules talk. Personally I would feel that the competitive qtt would need to be modded the most solely because that is such a hot spot. Competitive pokemon are a big draw for this site so if the masses see that PC won't put up with any bull crap there, the message will speak for itself. Any company is going to pay more attention to a item that is flying off the shelves versus one that is collecting dust. Plus it seems that a lot of our more established members are more into that scene and they all deserve respect.
    The shiny qtt pretty much speaks for itself. Either you are offering or you are looking for shinies, ya know. Competition worthy or not shouldn't matter.
    And as for the regular qtt, how about something along the lines of you can offer pretty much whatever you want too so long as you don't expect something too off the wall that the average Joe couldn't go out and take 5-10 minutes and acquire for you. Examples would be stuff like pokebank pokemon,friend safari pokemon,dex fillers, egg moves, genders,natures, nationalities. Things like that.

edit: oops I forgot all about legendaries! Legendary pokemon are great in that they can fit in all the categories I think. They can be competitive, or shiny or something that someone wants to share with a less fortunate individual. :)
    End of edit.

Just my two cents and something to talk about and pass the time in between trading.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back