• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
But some people also have friends. And those said friends may like to get together in one place and congratulate said friend. Much like we have been doing here recently with 루기아, XD .

Ok now your implying I have no friends lol ok grow up. But your making my argument for me. Ok you post congratulations in someone studio...... That's one post... Get crazy and say how did you obtain that... They reply I got it in a trade..... Conversation congrats over... Very pointless to me, also why can't you congratulate your friends in thir trade shop! O my gosh that seems more reasonable than to have posts dedicated to showing off pokemon. When you could have actual trading going on. As I've said repeatedly no one seems to grasp what I proposed which is fine your all set in your ways and honestly this site could be worse, so I'll live either way. But to imply I have no friends when I'm simply discussing ways that would improve the site is ridiculous.

Btw mods I know your not going to publish that post I recently made in the trade corner.. Where I labeled a discussion and asked ppl to discuss what legends they have and what they would want in return. Based on the established set up I don't see why my post shouldn't be published. And I don't need a long winded response I know it was a request but the way I worded it, it's actually a discussion techniqually sooo why isn't it published?

Years
Sorry it seemed I implied anything.

But personally if I'm going into a trade shop, it would be to trade. Not be bogged down with everything else in their life.

If I want to have a discussion of something, I go to a discussion thread.

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
You wouldn't be bogged down by saying congrats on your collection which is essentially what you said the purpose of having a studio was. So once again thanks for making me look good here.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Btw mods I know your not going to publish that post I recently made in the trade corner.. Where I labeled a discussion and asked ppl to discuss what legends they have and what they would want in return. Based on the established set up I don't see why my post shouldn't be published. And I don't need a long winded response I know it was a request but the way I worded it, it's actually a discussion techniqually sooo why isn't it published?
Ah, but it was posted less than an hour ago. :(

Trade Corner has post count turned on while Trade Plaza has post count turned off. The WiFi board always had post count turned off until we split it into two because we wanted to encourage discussion in Trade Corner. Posts like "I have a Giratina and I'm looking for a Mew" and such aren't worth the +1 post count; that's not a discussion, unfortunately.

I get what you're saying; it'd look like this Wanted Station here http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f600/ or Serebii's mass threads here http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?271-Trade-Forum

That may work for other fansites, but that cluttered up PC's trade board in early 2007.

Trade Studios are like art galleries. You can have a Trade Shop (Art Shop), a Trade Studio (Art Gallery), or combine the two. You certainly can stop by a Trade Shop and compliment the collection. If you post extended feedback, you may end up going off-topic though. So, studios became an option. Some folks like seeing others' masterpieces and critiquing the chosen natures, movesets, and pokeballs. Some folks have a massive collection, but aren't interested in trading some of their rarities.

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
Ultimately you guys run the site so I understand making stuff as easy as possible I just have my opinions of ways to improve things around here.

And art gallery's and art shops however you wanna put it... A studio is a pretty snobby idea and I don't see why they have the option to be separate from trade shops. There the same thing except one you can't trade for rendering it utterly pointless and completely snobby. One can critique and admire in a trade shop as well... I mean I doubt there's even many who do that but why couldn't they do it in a trade shop? Anyway I'm over it, like I said just throwing some ideas out.

As far as my post not being published I woulda expected it to be decided on it a prompt fashion

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
Sorry we weren't able to see it right away as one mod is asleep, another is in class, and I went to go eat since I was hungry and haven't ate all day. We can't help that we didn't see it right away since we all have lives, family, and school. As to what the thread is, it'll be fine if it was a discussion but you worded it like you were actually trading in it, which we don't allow in Trade Corner for good reasons. But I do see your point in the QTT being the way it is. We're trying our best to keep trade organized and to accommodate everyone we can at the same time. Some things take time though and fixing the QTT is one those. It won't happen overnight, but if it can be made better it will. Trader Reviews took awhile to do and a lot of effort went into preparing it so you guys can be happy with it. Everyone has opinions and not everyone is going to agree with each other but we're trying our best to balance that out.

As to the studios, the majority of us have the same Pokemon in our trade shops for free so it's not like they aren't for trade, you just have to go request in the trade shop for them. And if we did allow people to compliment and critique on people's shops then the shops would become cluttered and go off topic easily.

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
Ev please go look at the studios... The most posts in any one studio I saw were 18...... And the op was responsible for half of the posts.. That's over almost 6 months not to mention it's been dead for monthes.... Compliments and critiques won't overrun a thread, especially wen its a trade thread. As I said it seems very few ppl actually comment and critique is studios again rendering them pointless and ultimately just a snobby thing jut to show off your collection no offense but me personally idc what pokemon you have that you don't wanna trade and I'm sure I'm not alone in that sentiment. Besides your personal studio which was open last month the last post in a studio was in August..... Lol idk how much more evidence you need than that

Aside from the apparent disinterest of studios look at the trade corner in general.... Seems very dry compared to other threads, so how can you complain about being overrun when a thread is dying. There's other places to have discussions here. Theres only a QTT to post requests which barely yields results.

Last edited:

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Oh deal with it. Ever since galleries got booted from shops, there had to be a place to put them. Admittedly, galleries are kinda borked but you know, it's excellent for purposes of keeping track of stuff like EVs and whatnot. My last trade thread is essentially a gallery since 90% of my stuff is either NFT or can't be transferred. (I still think galleries need their own section but whatever.)

The mods are not going to change the set-up of the forums because you (singular) do not like how it's organized. If you really like how it's organized on neoseeker, why don't you just waddle back over there? The sheer amount of activity in 2008 was almost overwhelming for the mod at the time and that was AFTER individual seeking threads got purged from the section. Allowing those threads back will just cause at least one TC mod to blow a fuse. And I'll be the first shopkeeper to light a torch and carry a pitchfork.

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
Look, Trade Corner is not just about the actual act of trading. Sometimes we like to discuss things related directly or closely to it, and while some of it can fit in other sections, it fits best in Trade. Just taking anything that doesn't involve 99% trading and just sending them away to other sections won't solve anything.

And like 루기아 said, think of it as a relaxing hangout for traders. What happens if we split up discussions and send them elsewhere? We have some people over there, some people over here. One point is that all traders can discuss things among themselves here.

Also going with what some of us have already said, it was really crazy in the past, and I do not want that to happen again, so for the problem of a cluttered QTT, a different solution would be needed.

But as Griff said, we aren't going to change everything because one person doesn't like it. Some forums think how they do it is best and have a majority who agree and therefore use it. Likewise other forums are the same. If one person doesn't agree, they aren't going to drastically overhaul the forum just for the one person.

Make no mistake, I'm not trying to attack you or anything so I'm sorry if it sounds like it or it feel implied. But that's how we and previous staff members have decided this aspect of Trade Corner should be run. Neoseeker sounds like a nice place that fits your needs and you seem to think of highly so perhaps you could seek trade related things there more rather than on PokeCommunity.

And that's a bit rude, Griff is merely speaking using her own opinion as you are right now. I really don't see how it's rude to speak your opinion if it happens to be supporting how things are already done here.

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
All I was doing was suggesting and seeking answers, tabor you've been able to convey your opinions just fine I don't feel any hostility unlike others. I like this site but just had some ideas to make it better, I'm ok if people don't agree with me..again I don't expect you guys to change the site and use my ideas.. I just think that discussions being so organized is a bit silly seeing as this whole site is dedicated to pokemon. And I don't get how trade discussion can't be lumped in with another category seeing as this trade corner is lacking activity compared to other threads. All I'm saying is if it was open to requests I believe it would be easier to trade. Finally the point and purpose of studios will always remain a mystery to me.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
We do listen to what members have to say and we judge whether or not they're good ideas or not and if it would be best for the forum or not. Not every idea makes it through. And while this whole site may be dedicated to Pokemon there's different sections to keep it organized and so people can easily discuss with each other. And there's more than just discussions and studios in Trade Corner. There's also helpful guides, events, the DCC, and other threads there. Where would those go if we opened Trade Corner to trading?

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
Those all could be lumped in general pokemon discussion... But your right I'm wrong, right? Right, anyway what impact would increased activity have if you guys didn't have to approve of every post? I'm guessing that's the big issue. Why don't you remove that, there seems to be enough wanna be mods here that they'll notify or report something if it's unwarranted.

And Ev you never addressed the studios when I brought up how few posts they have and how inactive they are, now I see you guys talking about them and there on that streaming ticker thing, but if you can't agree with anything I've said(which I understand maybe I'm wrong, maybe you can't admit your wrong), but at least admit that the studios have very low post counts and are very in active. And once you admit, answer this, why are they so important and what's the past of separating them from shops? I've established that they won't overrun or clutter threads, because of low activity again besides you who started it weeks ago the last activity in a studio was in August... And as far as off topic conversation if your "critiquing"(which I've established is a rare occurrence) someone's pokemon how is this off topic ur talking about their pokemon in their shop?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
We get tons of threads that are in the wrong section all the time. Remove the approval and it'll be chaos in every forum in Trade Corner. And it's not every post, just every new thread that is submitted. The majority of the stuff here goes unreported or we find it first. Basically, if we allowed that every other thread will be reported and have to be closed which will then lead to clutter and then the trade shops will all be pushed further off the page and those that DO want to trade there will have a hard time finding a shop to trade in as the majority of the threads will be locked due to being in wrong section. We did have the approval removed before and that is what happened. Having it in place actually promotes trading because then it's easier to find a shop to trade in.

And what section does the RNG thread belong in? What about the breeding guide? And events that involve trading? Where would those go?

tabor62

Years
Bestintheworld said:
I just think that discussions being so organized is a bit silly seeing as this whole site is dedicated to pokemon.

Isn't organization good? How would it be like if everything was everywhere? It would be messy right? We keep everything organized so it's more presentable and makes things easier to find and I'd assume that's what people prefer.

Bestintheworld said:
And I don't get how trade discussion can't be lumped in with another category seeing as this trade corner is lacking activity compared to other threads.

While our discussions do have some relevance to other forums it also has to do with trades. It's just our own decision to have discussions here because we also want people to talk about things related to trade in Trade Corner and to be able to relax, unwind, and get to know other traders.

Bestintheworld said:
All I'm saying is if it was open to requests I believe it would be easier to trade.

They used to do that and just let everyone post even the smallest trades in their own thread and it was very very cluttered. Once again, borrowing from someone else, look at Lilith's
Example:
Example:
which I'm sure you already looked at once. All that was within the space of 3 days give or take a few hours, 50 new individual threads. Now imagine all of that multiplied by 4 for a grand total of 200 new threads every few days. From my standpoint it's a lot harder to manage than just all of it in one thread.

Bestintheworld said:
Finally the point and purpose of studios will always remain a mystery to me.

It was to allow people to proudly display their Pokemon (at least for the people who wanted to). In a way we can compare it to Art & Design's set up. Some shops, but some galleries. Sure there are more galleries for art as compared to Pokemon, but you could call it an art in a way. The way stats and the images are laid out can be pleasing to the eye and what not. But as for merging them with their respective shops, it might not work as at least 1 person with a Studio does not currently run an active shop so that may not work 100% of the time.

Also to make a note about the lack of posts, many posts are and most likely would be something along the lines of "Nice Studio!". Yes, unlike A&D you can't really critique how it could be better and what you liked and such, but we thought it would be a nice idea for people who want to display their Pokemon.

Bestintheworld said:
Those all could be lumped in general pokemon discussion... But your right I'm wrong, right? Right, anyway what impact would increased activity have if you guys didn't have to approve of every post? I'm guessing that's the big issue. Why don't you remove that, there seems to be enough wanna be mods here that they'll notify or report something if it's unwarranted.

Ah well, the thing is we get quite a few threads in the wrong area, whether they don't meet the requirements that were set out or are breaking rules in either this way or that. In addition, the approval system does work here better than other places because the ratio to correctly made threads to incorrectly made threads can be a guesstimate of maybe 2:1 up to 4:1. And while yes, people do report things, would it not be better to prevent them from being made public and reportable in the first place?

And one final note (I hope) before I head off to bed as I have to wake up early in the morning. Yes, the approval system does mean we need to have a currently active and available staff member to see, read, and either approve or disapprove it. We do have lives and other things we need to attend to online and offline as I'm sure you do so we will not always be able to get to this process immediately after the submisison of a new thread. But because of past experience and how the forum is currently, this system works for the time being.

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
Ev please listen to me.... I said all those threads could go in the general pokemon thread...that's the second or third time you've asked that. Second your not listening the trade plaza is for shops.. I GET THAT.. I was suggesting, from the start,to open the trade corner to requests.

And yet again your avoiding my studio question lol.

1.Tabor I'm not saying unorganized everything but rng breeding blah blah w/e other threads in the trade corner could be assigned to the general pokemon thread and at least to me wouldn't seem unorganized or out of place.

2. Tabor seems to me this trade chit chat could cover all those discussions as well

3. Tabor not comparing you to other sites but how do they do it? Perhaps you need more mods?

4. Tabor I know ev can't, but can you admit the studios have been a dud so far? Very limited activity very little posts, and again aside from evs she made weeks ago the last activity in a studio was in August. Not saying thy were a bad idea but I think thy are if they and a stand alone thread

5. Tabor if ppl can't post in the right places perhaps punishment and probationary measures should be taking if behavior is repeated

Last edited:

tabor62

Years
Ev please listen to me.... I said all those threads could go in the general pokemon thread...that's the second or third time you've asked that. Second your not listening the trade plaza is for shops.. I GET THAT.. I was suggesting, from the start,to open the trade corner to requests.

And yet again your avoiding my studio question lol.

Well, I probably ninja'd you with my edit, but I did respond for her. And if we do open Trade Corner to trade, it would bury all the other threads wouldn't it? And if we do get rid of all of them where do all of them go? Some are able to be split up or straight out moved somewhere else, but some really just don't fit anywhere else.

It was to allow people to proudly display their Pokemon (at least for the people who wanted to). In a way we can compare it to Art & Design's set up. Some shops, but some galleries. Sure there are more galleries for art as compared to Pokemon, but you could call it an art in a way. The way stats and the images are laid out can be pleasing to the eye and what not. But as for merging them with their respective shops, it might not work as at least 1 person with a Studio does not currently run an active shop so that may not work 100% of the time.

Also to make a note about the lack of posts, many posts are and most likely would be something along the lines of "Nice Studio!". Yes, unlike A&D you can't really critique how it could be better and what you liked and such, but we thought it would be a nice idea for people who want to display their Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
But doesn't actual trading threads belong in Trade Corner as you say? Events involve trading Pokemon don't they? The Speed Trade event for example. People were trading with each other during it. Why should that go in a section that has nothing to do with trade when members are trading? We have Trade Corner for trade and the rest of the forum has their sections for their threads.

People don't read rules and they post in the wrong place all the time. They are told where to post yet they post in wrong place anyways. This happens ALL the time. So having the approval system works best and is not going to be removed.

Last edited:

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
Tabor if the threads are being buried than maybe there not that important and interesting to ppl as I said I don't see any thread currently in the trade corner that couldn't be placed in general pokemon and being conceived as unorganized.

And dude I get the explanation for the studios.... What keeps being ignored is how I've said their totally inactive and pointless. People aren't using them they aren't posting in them. You can't argue that, so with that said why have them. If ppl wanna be snobby and show off pokemon they don't wanna trade make a feature for the profile they could list irrelevant crap like that.

Ev please agree with me that these studios are very inactive... And if so why bother having them?

And again in threads like your speed trade event are buried ppl can either search for them to unbury them and if they don't, like the studios, there not important and/or worth ppls time... Or like i said put the events in a sub category where the trade chit chat is or in this thread

tabor62

Years
Tabor if the threads are being buried than maybe there not that important and interesting to ppl as I said I don't see any thread currently in the trade corner that couldn't be placed in general pokemon and being conceived as unorganized.

And dude I get the explanation for the studios.... What keeps being ignored is how I've said their totally inactive and pointless. People aren't using them they aren't posting in them. You can't argue that, so with that said why have them. If ppl wanna be snobby and show off pokemon they don't wanna trade make a feature for the profile they could list irrelevant crap like that.

Just because they are buried doesn't mean they're not interesting. Look at EV and my shop, would you say it was not important if I suddenly found it buried under 50 new threads? It doesn't get posted in every single day, and yes I get that maybe you don't see them as anything necessary if there aren't a lot of replies but hey, people display it because they're proud of them. And if it seems snobbish to you I would like to reference actual art. Would it be snobbish for people to display them? Sometimes yes, sometimes no, it's not like they're putting anyone down like you just did by calling it "irrelevant crap"

All of this is really subjective and while I understand you want to make it better, that's in your own view. From out view Trade Corner is already very good and going with some of your suggestions seems like going backwards. But as I have mentioned, if that doesn't satisfy you Neoseeker's Pokemon Trade section is right there. You do not need to conform to our system if you don't want to.

On an unrelated note I'm really off PC now, I need sleep if I want to stay awake in school

ToWriteLove

On Her Arms
Years
Just my chime in, whether it helps or not, I don't know.

Bestintheworld, by no means do I mean to attack you, put down your idea, or attempt to misread it. I have been apart of this community for a long time, as well as many other forms of sites/communities meant for trading each giving their own vibes. By being different, you get multiple people flocking to different ones, some staying, some continuing on to find a site suited for them. When you get to the point in which sites become too similar, not unique enough.

The point in which I am trying to obtain is, Pokecommunity's Trade Forums is set up this way for a reason, other ways have been tried in our forums, and have failed. The way that you suggest I have experienced it before, yes it is nice to just see a list of topics that potentially have that one small trade that you have been looking for, but in all honesty, you can do just that in the QTT. You do see similar postings repeatedly, but overall, it's the same. Maybe in order to amplify it, the QTT can be pointed out moreso. I don't know, but I feel like the old way, the way you are suggesting, is too messy.

I personally have had tons of success trading just over the past two weeks, let alone the entire time I have been trading on here. I have obtained over twenty competitive Pokemon on Gen VI through these past two weeks from a multitude of traders on here, through QTT and shops alike, more from the QTT lately actually. Some may use as a gallery yes, but they do have some for trade as well, just looking for what they actually need.

This is just what I have gathered from the conversation, I can see where you feel like your opinion may be being attacked, but some of your own comments seem demeaning in a manner, saying that you can make it "better" when others may not want it "better", like in a condescending way. I am not saying that is the tone you are using, or that others are using an aggressive tone, I am just saying that both sides can be misunderstood, not just your own. I happily would love for you to be in our community, to bring forth ideas that may be better, but the rationality must be equal.

I love what EV and Tabor have been able to do for this thread as Moderators, as traders, and as friends. They do have lives, they just started back up school, but they do put forth effort towards making this a better community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back