• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    Best of luck but I have to say this....your statement was quite amusing when you follow up reading it and immediately look at your sig pic.

Hehe, I love my theme. xD I do that to myself all the time! I watch it all the time... avatar and signature. And thank you for the luck wishes. Thanks to my sweet mod partner EV I have a female 5 IV and a male flawless so it shouldn't be too hard... I hope.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    Hehe, I love my theme. xD I do that to myself all the time! I watch it all the time... avatar and signature. And thank you for the luck wishes. Thanks to my sweet mod partner EV I have a female 5 IV and a male flawless so it shouldn't be too hard... I hope.

It is roughly a 1% chance of a 6iv with those parents if you are just ehg hatching. If you use the egg hatch trick to predict the outcome of eggs you can triple those odds. I am on my third perfect iv pokemon (a male Totodile for breeding).

Right now I am trying to breed a hidden power Fire Froakie. Trying to purposefully land on hp fire is a little bit of a puzzle, but a few more ehgs and I will likely have it.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Why do people think Tropius is Pokébank?
    Why do people think Oblivious is Feebas' Hidden Ability?

Anybody else having these trade problems or problems like it? Aggravating.

Years
    BTW Kirk, do you think you can come online right now? I haven't seen you couple of days like you said you'd be busy (or something like that)

In other news, I acquired my 10th Shiny Vivillon pattern, Jungle. I really want to make a thread regarding progression of my collection, but I'm not allowed to make a thread exclusively for that. If I make a blog about it I'm afraid nobody will read it or even know about it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    It is roughly a 1% chance of a 6iv with those parents if you are just ehg hatching. If you use the egg hatch trick to predict the outcome of eggs you can triple those odds. I am on my third perfect iv pokemon (a male Totodile for breeding).

Right now I am trying to breed a hidden power Fire Froakie. Trying to purposefully land on hp fire is a little bit of a puzzle, but a few more ehgs and I will likely have it.
    It is? I thought it was higher than that. I currently have almost a box full of flawless Eevees alone using 2 flawless parents. Masuading for Eevee and no luck so far. :(

You could open up a studio and update your progress there? All I can think of right now. :(

Years
    The problem is, the only OT shiny I have at the moment is a 3IV Meditite. That's not good enough to open a studio lol.

I'll probably post a blog later or something. I never use it as I feel nobody will read them in the first place.

Years
    I....can't....believe...it...
    After days of hoping for something nice only to be disappointed a few times,I got one of my dream pokemon.
    A shiny genesect! I honestly didn't think I would get one until well after the bank release in the americas.
    What an awesome birthday weekend.

Years
    Yup, I just opened a blog about it so I'll stop talking about my shiny Vivillon pattern progress here.

totally not a thinly veiled advertisement

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    BTW Kirk, do you think you can come online right now? I haven't seen you couple of days like you said you'd be busy (or something like that)

In other news, I acquired my 10th Shiny Vivillon pattern, Jungle. I really want to make a thread regarding progression of my collection, but I'm not allowed to make a thread exclusively for that. If I make a blog about it I'm afraid nobody will read it or even know about it.

I'm online now buddy.

In other news I'm about to trade Darkrai for Kalos Shiny!! For some reason I can't help myself but to trade these Pokémon away. I traded Kyogre for a couple random Pokébank breedables and a HA XY Pokémon. I like making people's day. Sometimes. ;)

-----------------

Can we get a HUGE Trade Corner Happy Birthday for my good friend lunis? Happy Birthday bud. I have a gift for you, trade me whenever. I hope you have a great one you old bastard!! Good luck in your next year!! May the trades always go your way. ;)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    It is? I thought it was higher than that. I currently have almost a box full of flawless Eevees alone using 2 flawless parents. Masuading for Eevee and no luck so far. :(

You could open up a studio and update your progress there? All I can think of right now. :(

With two flawless parents the odds of a flawless baby will be one in 32 or roughly 3%. That is of course with destiny knot (which was my assumption in the above example). The aboveexample of a 5iv and 6iv parent in round numbers of just hatching at random and hoping for the best..... 58% will be a 5iv baby. 41% will be a 4iv baby, and the otherv1% will be a flawless. Two flawless parents will make a 5iv baby 97% of the time and the other 3% will be flawless.

If you have multiple 5iv parents.... you can use the egg trick to predict what stat will not be passed down and you can change those odds drasticslly, each egg you hatch will take longer because of the test parent step, but each egg you hatchbwill be a 5iv, except that one in 32 that will be a flawless.

Right now.... I am shooting for multiple ivs at 30 to make it easier to plan breeding high ivs and hidden power. Believe it or not TRYING to breed anythingbless than perfect on purpose is kind of hard. However, that was how I got my third flawless. I knew both parents had 30s but no 31s, and an egg hatched with a 31, I soft reset and swapped parents out for two 5iv 31s and got my third flawless.

Where I am on Froakie.... I have a female Protean Froakie from friend safari, and several male delibirds with 5 30s. Time to start paying super careful attention on my eggs. Wish me luck everyone.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    I have a neat breeding update on my Froakie... So, I stopped working on Delibirds with 30 for ivs, and tried my first Froakie egg. My VERY first Froakie egg had it's HA AND was HP of Fire. Not what I expected on the first try, but also not as high of stats as I was planning to eventually breed.

I ended up with a Male-Protean Froakie. Adamant Nature.
    Iv's are: 2-3/30/5/30/27/30

The Only IVs being passed down by the Delibird were Attack/Sp. Attack/Speed
    The IV's coming from the mother were HP/Defense and Sp. D was the one random one.

Back to a few more eggs, lets see if I can get those HP and Def stats a little higher on the next one.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    Why am I even breeding Smoochum, seriously?

#randomthoughtoftheday

Because someone out there had to be? Are you just trying to breed a flawless, or were you trying to breed it for HP or something?

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
    Years
    The coverage it has is pretty awesome without any HP. I'm breeding 31/x/31/31/31/31 Timid ones with Dry Skin and Fake Out, Nasty Plot, Captivate. The perk that made me breed it is the Dream Ball ;)

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    The coverage it has is pretty awesome without any HP. I'm breeding 31/x/31/31/31/31 Timid ones with Dry Skin and Fake Out, Nasty Plot, Captivate. The perk that made me breed it is the Dream Ball ;)

Dream Ball !?! I'm jealous now. True, I will transfer my own once bank comes out... but you have one in a dream ball NOW!?!

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    I got a Reshiram for a Sandstorm Vivillon on the GTS. How I love the GTS when I'm putting the stuff in. I know people hate seeing those trades but they always go through for me so I keep doing it....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back