• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    I agree that Legendary could go anywhere but I believe they rate their own thread. Just trading Legendary is big business. Also Events would be traded there too, and you can't trade them on the GTS. Who really wants to trade Ho-Oh for Protean Froakie? Although I did trade Kyogre for random Mon....not my point lol.

I don't really know how to explain it, I just feel Legendary need their own. It keeps them out of the regular QTT.

Years
  • Now that I don't think about it, I don't think several QTTs would really work. It's fine as is IMO, and even then I think 2 is too much, because having multiple QTTs means you have to monitor several threads to update your list and things can scattered real quick. Having multiple QTTs also means more time needed to click through each and every QTT there is, which can get tiresome.

And there's also potential problems with ambiguity with certain proposed trades. What if someone's offering a Yveltal for some exclusive mega stone? Would that go in the QTT or Legendary QTT?

What could possibly work, though, is larger amount of pages per post in QTT only, and archiving active posts less often but deleting "deleted" posts more often.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    The current QTT gets 250+ posts in under a week. Don't you think that's quite a lot when you're looking for a trade? I just think being able to spread out those posts into more defined categories would help traders.

So what would you guys think about an Events & Legendaries QTT? Yes? No?

Tyrael

This is a Sailor's Prayer
    Years
  • It wouldn't be a bad idea. Speaking for myself I enjoy collecting events, having just about 10 boxes of them. Back when I was actively trading events in the Gen IV/V QTT, my posts would often be swamped by people posting wanting a Piplup or something like that. So because of this, I would have to keep deleting my post and reposting quite often so I could be sure that /someone/ who collects events would see it. If you had a QTT specifically for events/legendaries it would make it easier to find what you're looking for, instead of having to search through pages of garbage like people wanting a Piplup for their Chimchar.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    That's what I was thinking too. With Bank somewhat out and possibly could be out for the rest of us later, legendaries and events have been traded a lot to complete people's dexs and for collecting purposes. So I thought having a separate QTT for that would help those who are specifically looking for legendaries/events to either complete their dex or to collect.

Years
  • Tabor didn't seem to like the idea of a legendary qtt so I just didn't mention that again and tried to fit them in where I could when coming up with this idea.
    Originally I was all for them having their own qtt so I will gladly stand by my original decision.:)

But in the case that 루기아 brought up, that could easily fit into the legendary qtt or the regular since that particular item can be found fairly easily( note that I said fairly!)
    But if it was the other way around and the person wanted a legendary for the stone instead, that could probably just be in the legendary qtt. I would guess that it would be best if you base where you are posting on what you are wanting in return,not what you are offering. That seems most fair I think. Maybe some more clarity on people's feelings for this suggestion as well?

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    I (obviously) support the Legendary/Event QTT. I also support the idea lunis just posted. It seems to make the most sense.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    Don't listen to Tabor :P jk

Your idea about what the post should be based on is a good idea. That way you'll know for sure where your post belongs.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    You're not, it's all just suggestions and throwing ideas out there and elaborating on them and receiving feedback on them. I rather do a new QTT because the traders wanted it not because I did, you know? Wanted to know what you all thought about it and if it would be a good idea to do one.

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
    Years
  • Would it be plausible to separate Trade Plaza into Quick Trades and Trade Shops?

That's actually an idea we've been pondering since making that many more QTT's does create far too many stickies for Trade Plaza. Though I kind of want to keep the name Trade Plaza but it wouldn't make sense anymore >.<

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    We can keep it Tabor :P Who says we have to be standard boring ol' Trade Shops hmm?

Would a subforum be better for just QTTs? Not sure if we need yet another one D:

Years
  • We only have 2 subforums, I personally don't think that's that much.

If new people can find trade plazas then they can find quick trades section...

Years
  • Most people post their trades in Trade Corner ;)

...or that.

Do you guys think my collection is large enough to be spoilered? I'm totally not showing off

Also, I have a Latios that has a Japanese name but with English OT and region tag. I'm thinking it's most likely hacked, but is it definitively 100% hacked? (ala shiny lv5 Ho-Oh) Like, does Pokemon Bank automatically change the Pokemon's name to match its region if it's not nicknamed?

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    What if we do an Events & Legendaries QTT as a test to see if a new subforum really is needed? Or if a new QTT is needed? If it does horrible we can always get rid of it.

Years
  • That's a great idea.

Also I need the answer to my question about the questionable Latios. If it is 100% definitely hacked, I'll remove it from my shop.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    I'm thinking it's hacked too. Only way I know that happens is when you trade one language Pokemon to another language game and evolve it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back