• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Twin Horizons: The War-Torn World

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookie_lovr

Deh Clumsy Altruistic Activist
Years
  • Memories...

After all this hubbub..., I decided to go out and finally start my delayed adventure. After wandering through Cherrygrove, I saw a group of men dressed in shiny yellow clothes. The turned around to me and pointed at me with a gun. They smiled and said something I would listen to.
    "Don't move."

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
    Years
  • Yamiko stared blankly at Iyo for a while. Since most of the others were gravitating towards him, she thought he knew about this place. However, the fiasco with the Raichu and the Eevee, especially the part where he thought his Pokemon played a prank on him, proved her wrong. Also, in the meantime, two tall boys had joined in the crowd, both of them apparently clueless as well. One of them had a Gardevoir with him, who Yamiko kept eyeing. Gardevoir was one of her favourite Pokemon, after all. But for some reason she was never able to find a Ralts while on her Pokemon journey (probably bad luck due to the curse, she figured). Still, having a different Psychic-type Pokemon wasn't all bad...

Then the girl from before muttered something about everyone else not having much of a clue where they were either. Yamiko, thinking the situation rather silly, and not liking it when there were several confused people and Pokemon in an area, decided to speak up.

"I don't really think any of us know where we are," Yamiko stated for everyone nearby to hear. "We don't even know what kind of a place this is. But, we can conclude one thing: this isn't a dream. Otherwise, I'd be the only confused one here--not to mention it's highly unlikely for so many people--and Pokemon--to have the same dream, and knowing my luck, it's nigh impossible."

"At any rate," Lupin added, trying to sound loud enough for everyone close by to hear (without succeeding much), "it's pointless to just stay here. There's nothing to see, save the remnants of some sort of war battle, and nothing much to do, unless you're interested in collecting some empty machine guns. The wise thing to do would be to explore a bit, and see what else we can learn about this place."
    By that time, a large cloud of ash had flown in front of the sun, giving the place a more hazy appearance. Lupin pocketed the umbrella he was holding.

"Well, what do you all think?" Yamiko asked the group. "We certainly don't know what's on the other side of that hill, for instance. And, if there's a town there, provided it's safe enough, we can ask someone there where we are. It's kind of pointless asking each other, that's for sure, since none of us know that answer."

A pause.

"...I know we are in a strange place and are all confused," Yamiko continued, "but I suppose it's wise to focus not on how weird the surroundings are, but on what to do--maybe how to return to the other world, so to speak."

"She has a point," Lupin mentioned. "Anyone with a bit of common sense would remain calm and alert in this type of situation, since this is an unfamiliar yet still survivable place. Keep in mind we haven't been shot at."
    He added a bit of levity to that last remark, but then turned serious and a bit cold yet again.
    "Well, unless anyone agrees with us, I think Yamiko and I will be on our way."
    With that, he took Yamiko by the hand, and the two of them turned around and walked towards the top of the hill. Artemis, who had been repeating what Yamiko and Lupin just said to the Pokemon who couldn't hear them, soon stood up and trotted after them, followed by Velvet, then Rigel. Laverne decided to float up and get a better view of the surroundings.

<"So what do you make of this?"> Rigel asked Velvet in a string of soft barks, gazing down at the little Espeon.
    <"I'm not sure what to make of it,"> she replied. <"Yamiko's seeming unusually level-headed in this, but given the kind of stuff that normally runs through her mind, I don't think I'd blame her.">
    <"When you're under a curse, I guess things can't be worse,"> Rigel mentioned.
    <"Rigel, quit trying to be funny,"> Artemis snapped, growling a bit as she spoke. <"I think both Lupin and I are upset by being suddenly thrust into daylight, so expect at least me to have little patience for petty things.">

After a while, Laverne floated back down to the hill, shouting excitedly at all the Pokemon there.
    <"Check out what's past this hill! You're gonna be pleased!"> She mused the last part of the announcement in a sing-songy tone of voice.

Flax

Bang.
    Years
  • (REVIVED)

It took a couple of seconds before Spark got back up on his feet. A rather large bump has unplesantly spourted on the back of his head. Spark gently rubbed the bump, twitching a bit from reaction. "O-ow.. Dang it..!" Spark eventually took notice of everyone around him. "W-w-wait a minute! Dude! Who the heck are you guys?" Spark stood up straight, rubbing his arm rapidly. "Well.. It's not like it matters! But, eh.."

On the ground nearby A silver item reflected off a little mysterious light.. Spark immediately recognized the item, and without hesitation, quickly snatched the item off from the dirty ground. "Ah ha! There it is!" Spark quickly slipped on a silver watch (covered in dirt from the ground) and swung his right arm out wide - almost as if he's trying to show off the watch to everyone (needless to say, no one even noticed). "Yeah! I got it back! Haha! There's no way I could lose this!" Spark is yelling out loud again.. Though, at least it's because he's happy. Spark seemed to have become oblivious once more, being completely unaware of everyone and everything around him. Of course, a little jab or two on his shoulder should bring him back to reality...

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
    Years
  • Yamiko and Lupin strode up the hill rather effortlessly, unphased by the slopes, sure in their footing, quiet in their steps. Rigel occasionally slipped backward on dirt-lined slopes because of his weight, but soon enough he was able to figure out that digging his dull, stout claws into the dirt helped with that--they were like cleats. Velvet and Artemis bounced along beside him, and Laverne floated behind the trainer couple, grinning. But the group didn't get too far before a shout issued from the group at the bottom of the hill. Apparently, the boy who had lost his watch found it, and was rejoicing.
    See? I didn't steal it, Lupin said to himself.

"Hold on a moment," Lupin said aloud, a thought having just occurred to him. Yamiko and the Pokemon stopped to listen, while he took out his mobile. "Let me try calling Halberd. If there's no signal, that means we're in a very foreign and/or desolate world. If there is a signal, we can tell him where we are, and he can use his tracking device to pinpoint our location--or at least the region in which we're located."
    Yamiko nodded, thinking this a good idea. But at the last moment, just as Lupin was about to press the call button, she interrupted.
    "Wait a minute. There are some bombs that go off when triggered by a remote electrical signal, such as a cell phone going off."
    "Such bombs would only be placed in places of cilivisation," Lupin remarked, pressing the call button. Nothing happened, though Yamiko did hold her breath for a while.

"Who dares call me from a number not in my inventory?" an exasperated-sounding voice answered.
    Lupin's brow furrowed. Who is this? This definitely isn't Halberd...
    "I call because I am potentially interested in your services," he finally replied, playing along with the motives of the guy on the other end of the line.

Yamiko raised an eyebrow. What in the world is Lupin talking about? He sounds like he's talking to a stranger...
    While she was thinking that, Lupin raised a finger, signaling her to wait, to be quiet. Yamiko knew this meant business... of some sort.

"Indeed you have some nerve," the man on the other end of the line commented. Apparently Lupin had put his mobile on speaker mode so that Yamiko could hear. "We Vigilants are a group feared by the general public. Are you perhaps a traveling soldier with time on his hands?"
    "Yes, in fact," Lupin replied. A peculiar smile played across his face, but his voice remained unchanged. Yamiko knew that he was fabricating a lie, but whoever was on the phone probably couldn't tell. "Nowadays the army doesn't pay too much attention to me, mainly because they think I'm too quote-in-quote 'individual' for their likes. I hesitate to disobey the monotonous orders of the generals, which involve attacking random cities and marching in specified patterns and operating noisy machinery with a team. I like to be the sole operator who heeds the advice of venerable leaders and acts in secret."
    "Hm. What is your name?"
    "Clyde Barrendale. I have served in the army for only six months, but before that I did bounty work, hunting down war criminals and turning them in for rewards. I believe that enemies within are more dangerous than enemies without, if you follow my meaning."
    "Where do you live?"
    "I wander around, though it is not hard for me to return home--or at least this city which I could sort of call home."
    "Hmmm." There was a pause. "I like characters like you, from what you are telling me. However, I cannot fully trust you until I meet you in person. I warn you though--should you fail to live up to my standards, I shall execute you at once. If you still persist, meet me in Warehouse 43A, in the southwest corner of this city."
    "I have wandered around the area for quite some time, so the city of which you are speaking slips my mind. I have not heard of the location of your office."
    "That's because it's secret, silly. I know not where you are calling from, but our meeting city is Headport. Surely you recall it as an industrial hub, surrounded by factories and warehouses--like 43A."
    "I'll be there. But before we part our conversation, I would like a heads-up on some of the details of the position."
    "As we are called the Vigilants, we are vigilantes, ever in pursuit of those who oppose the army. You need to be of good judgment, so that you can sort out the rebels from the soldiers. Your experience as a soldier gives me a tiny bit of hope--but again, that shall be proven. You need skill in weaponry, or at the very least it is highly recommended. You will be given assignments--someone to hunt, something to watch over. I will assess your individual skills in the interview, so to speak."
    "Is tomorrow morning at 10 a good time?"
    "You got it."
    With that Lupin hung up.

Yamiko stared a while in bewilderment. "Niiiice. He really did seem fooled. But I hope you're not actually going to that interview."
    "Of course not," Lupin affirmed, starting up the hill again and putting his mobile away. "But, now we have some information."
    "But what about that call? Apparently, we are in a different world, and someone in this world has a phone number identical to Halberd's. That's a highly unlikely coincidence."

The two pondered this as they continued up the hill. But once they reached the top, a new sight overwhelmed their previous thoughts. There was a small town amidst a bunch of other hills, which were even browner and drier than this one was. A bunch of the houses were dilapidated, but a few remained standing. One or two fires blazed in a remote corner of town, and there were several dead and fallen trees. Yamiko and Lupin caught the faint glimpse of dead people lying near some of the houses. However, the occasional speck of a person moved about, and there appeared to be a downtown that was left undamaged.

Artemis was the first to descend into the town, being the scout in these kinds of situations. She bounded towards the houses, and headed down a street and disappeared. Yamiko and Lupin and the other Pokemon followed slowly and cautiously behind. But they were two thirds of the way down the hill when they heard gunshots coming from the town, soon followed by the pained howl of a Mightyena.
    "Artemis!" Lupin realised, thereupon sprinting down the hill, towards the source of the gunshots. Soon enough another howl came, a bit softer and sadder this time. Yamiko immediately ran after him, but she tripped on a loose rock on the hillside.
    "Fi!"
    Before Yamiko could fall forward onto the ground, Velvet held her under telekinetic control, breaking her fall. She used that same force to lift her off the slope and land her near the bottom of the hill, where the land was more level. Soon Lupin reached that landing spot, and so he and Yamiko continued into the town. They passed between two houses whose roofs looked like they had fallen in, turned right on a street, and soon enough they came to a small crowd of people, two of which were holding guns. A small lump lay on the floor before them. Occasionally it barked and whined. As Yamiko and Lupin caught closer, they caught glimpses of what the people were saying.
    "What's a wolf doing in these parts anyway?" said one man, a police officer by the looks of it.
    "It's a strange-looking wolf, that's for sure," one woman commented. "Never saw anything like it in these parts. And since when did wolves have red noses?"
    "I hope it didn't eat any of my sheep!" shouted one of the armed men. He wore a straw hat and held a rifle--probably a farmer.
    As Yamiko listened in, Lupin pulled her off to the side, into a space in between two empty buildings. Moments later, the two guns glowed with a blue aura, and then they floated out of their bearers' hands, flew some hundred feet away from the crowd, and landed with a clatter on the ground. Velvet appeared, standing beside Artemis.
    "Fi! Fi! Fiiii fi fi!" she protested, shouting at the crowd. There was a threatening glint in the orb on her forehead.

People gasped, taken aback.
    "What in tarnation is THAT thing?" one woman blurted.
    "Must be the result of a Goldainian science experiment gone wrong," a boy commented.
    "My gosh, it has a Y-shaped tail and purple fur--and an orb on its head!" another man shouted. "It must be a monster of some sort!"
    "Or an evil demon!" the boy from before guessed. "With evil powers!"

Yamiko and Lupin looked at each other in alarm.
    "They act as if they have never seen a Pokemon before!" Yamiko exclaimed in a whisper.
    "Maybe they haven't," Lupin guessed. "Maybe this is a world where Pokemon don't normally exist. That farmer probably mistook Artemis for an ordinary wolf."
    Before doing anything else, the two returned Artemis and Velvet to their Pokeballs. Then they ran along the gap in between the buildings, vanishing from sight of the crowd.

When they exited the town again, it wasn't too long before Rigel and Laverne spotted them. Rigel jogged up to them, asking what was wrong.
    "They shot at Artemis," Lupin recalled, slightly out of breath. "I don't think this town is safe for Pokemon."
    "I don't even think they ever heard of Pokemon," Yamiko added. "I think we should hide and see what we can do about Artemis."

Yamiko and Lupin went back to the side of the hill, then released Velvet and Artemis again. By then they could see a bullet wound just behind the Mightyena's shoulder. Little whimpers of pain issued from Artemis's nose, and her body trembled a bit. To comfort her, Yamiko petted her on the head, scratching behind her soft, furry ears.
    "You all right?" Yamiko asked her, a tear falling onto the ground beside Artemis's head. "Please hang in there..."
    Rigel placed a large paw on Artemis's side, rubbing her in a gentle fashion.
    <"There there valiant majesty,"> he reassured her, <"don't let such a wound sway you.">

Meanwhile, Laverne managed to extract the bullet telekinetically; Rigel turned away from this procedure in disgust. Velvet examined the wound closely.
    "Fiiiii..."
    She looked up to the sky and glowed with a faint orange aura. For a moment the ash in the skies stirred, but soon afterward a narrow yet bright ray of sunlight shone on Velvet. Then it reflected off of Velvet's orb and shone on Artemis's wound.
    "The Morning Sun technique," Yamiko explained to Artemis. "Hopefully that will make you feel better."

"Oi, Rigel!" Lupin called all of a sudden, turning around to see the giant dog running back up the hill. "Where are you going?"
    Rigel barked, then motioned with his head to a point over the hill--where the other newcomers were. Lupin nodded in agreement.
    Good thinking, Rigel, he thought. You concern yourself more with the safety of strangers than I do. I concern myself more with the safety of those who... resonate with me, in some way. At this point he shot a brief glance at Yamiko.

<"Attention everyone!"> Rigel boomed, standing on the slope of the hill and announcing for all the Pokemon there to hear. <"Be careful in this world! Apparently Pokemon are foreign to this world! The people here know nothing about of us! One of them has shot at one of us, even!">

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    OOC: It was a long post, but I had to make up for lost time.

Shadow Umbreon Xd 002

Shadow. Lord of speed.
    Years
  • ''What the hell''Ryu thought he had heard gunshots and suddenly the people and pokemon he had been following ran back up the hill.He then relalized Hope was tuging at his jacket,trying to get Ryu to look at something.When Ryu finnaly looked up he saw what Hope was pointing,a Mightyena was appearently trying to tell something to the other pokemon.

Ryu released the rest of his pokemon so they could all find out any news,from the Mightyeana.''What happened?''Ryu asked the people who had just come back up the hill.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    ((OOC: Yes! It lives! x3;))

Sera remained mostly silent as these events passed, partly because she was pondering how to respond and partly because she had occupied herself with glancing around the area, trying to get a better idea of her surroundings. Of course, all she got out of this was more gray… Gray skies, gray ground, the empty gray field below them… All in all, it was a depressing setting to be stuck in.

Jasper, on the other hand, was paying close attention to the others (namely the kid with the watch) and mumbling coldly at them under his breath. -So ya' found yerr stupid watch. Whoop-de-doo. Oi… Oughtta knock some sense inta' ya' 'fore ya' hurt somebody…-

Suddenly, a booming, loud series of barks could be heard from the top of the nearby hill. Sera and Jasper both looked up. The source of the sound was a huge Arcanine, who was apparently trying to tell the other Pokémon something. Sera, of course, understood his words as well as any Pokémon would be able to. The good news was: There were other people here, in this strange new setting. The bad news: They didn't take kindly to Pokémon. It didn't really surprise Sera when she thought about it; if she'd never seen a Pokémon before then a fire-breathing Charizard or a giant metal Steelix or something would definitely scare the heck out of her. She figured she might be safe with Jasper and Earnest, as neither of them were very frightening in appearance… But Theo the Bastiodon could even terrify inhabitants of her own world, despite his affectionate personality.

-Great. We're screwed, aren't we?- Jasper grumbled, his tone thick with pessimism.

"Not necessarily," his trainer responded. "We oughtta get everyone together. If none of us know nothin' 'bout this place, but we're all from the same place, we'd get a lot further workin' together as a group."

-Blegh,- was the Lopunny's only reply.

Sera ignored him, instead deciding to start getting people to cooperate by jabbing her elbow into the silver-watch-kid's side.

"'Aye. Yeah, I'm talkin' to ya'. And now ain't the time to be celebratin' over some dumb watch. We all need to be findin' out more about this place, so you and anyone else ya' can bring oughtta come on over to where those two with the Arcanine are."

Sera figured they'd learned more about the situation than anyone else, and without waiting to see watch-boy's reaction she hurried off to join them. Jasper followed, albeit with an irate expression on his face.

Flax

Bang.
    Years
  • Spark twitched, quickly coming back to reality. He looked around in curiosity, in confusion.

"H-huh?" Spark chased after the girl hastedly, feeling a little insulted over the watch. "Hey, hey! It's not just a dumb watch!" He showed off the watch to the girl rather arrogantly and impulsively, although it's safe to say that she, nor anyone else for that matter, would give the slightest bit of care about Spark's watch.

"You see.. This watch gives me special powers!" It seemed like he was going to give a very long explanation about the watch, much to everyone's dismay. "I can practically do anything with this watch!" A very obvious exaggeration. Eager to show off, Spark took a step back and stretched out his right arm.

"Here, I'll show you..!" He swiped two fingers from his left hand across the watch - both his arms swung out wide open. The watch began to spark out a vivid light in which clashed against the dead landscape around everyone. "Yeah!! Here it goes!!" For a brief moment, nothing happened, much to Spark's dismay. "... H-huh? Hey, wait a minute." Spark examined the watch curiously. "Nothing's happening--?" Suddenly, a jolt of electricity shot out from the watch and fiercely strucked Spark, electrocuting him rather painfully. Luckily, there wasn't a dangerous amount of voltage to actually kill Spark. After nearly turning charcoal from the rather unplesant electrocution, Spark collasped to the ground before letting out a single "Ow".

Meanwhile, a wandering soul weakly ventured foward into the small settlement that just previously visited by the group who went up the hill. Wearing a brown dirty cloak that have been flooded with holes and rips, with a few dark red stains that's most likely spilt blood. The wanderer heard vague rough barks, which he paid no attention to as he made his way through the settlement. He past by a few settlers, limping along the way. Though the wanderer possessed a humanoid body structure, the settlers knew that this clearly wasn't a human that was passing by so silently throughout the town.

Shadow Umbreon Xd 002

Shadow. Lord of speed.
    Years
  • ''O.M.G''What just happened?''Ryu wondered as he saw the man with whe watch electrocute himself after touching his watch.

He walked up to the man.He had turned as black as charcoal.
    ''Are you OK?''Ryu asked.
    However, before the man had time to answer Ryu heard the sound of machieguns fireing!He looked up and saw two warplanes shooting at them.
    ''Duck!''Ryu yelled as he leapt into a bush.

Nano5002

"Prepare for trouble!"
    Years
  • Character Entry

NAME: Mackenzie
    JOB/ROLE: Traveling Magician
    PERSONALITY: Somewhat eccentric. Mackenzie loves things with a dramatic flare, and sometimes speaks as if in a play, if he gets really into the moment. He is strong-willed, hard to break down, and never EVER loses his smile - unless for a performance.
    APPEARANCE: White skinned with blonde hair and blue eyes (I know, real original, eh?). Has a thin build and is of average height. Black toque and jacket, black pants, black shoes, black sunglasses, black everything.
    BACKGROUND: Grew up in the Orre region, and left to see the world. He has travelled the world of Pokemon with his team, performing skits and magic shows, ever since the age of 16. He travelled in Johto the most, in search of the legendary Lugia. He never found it. While sleeping at a pokemon center in Mahogany he was whisked away to this world.
    SPECIAL SKILLS: Magic tricks, good acting (can be used to fool people), walks lightly, so can sneak up on people.

POKEMON:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
    Years
  • ALL RIGHT, LISTEN UP.
    as it stands, the RP is rough and rocky, BUT. I'm going to RESTART THE RP. Unfortunately, this does mean you will need to RE-SIGN UP, HOWEVER, to help with certain issues, I will be a bit more strict on the SU's, but will offer ASSISTANCE WITH SU's if needed.
    As of now, IC-RPing IS ONCE AGAIN CLOSED. Please re-post your SU, and I'll get this thing back on track.

I am terribly sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Nano5002

"Prepare for trouble!"
    Years
  • NAME: Mackenzie
    JOB/ROLE: Traveling Magician
    PERSONALITY: Somewhat eccentric. Mackenzie loves things with a dramatic flare, and sometimes speaks as if in a play, if he gets really into the moment. He is strong-willed, hard to break down, and never EVER loses his smile - unless for a performance. He is mannerly and chivalrous, due to his poetic, theatrical nature. Sometimes quotes Shakespeare.

APPEARANCE: White skinned with blonde hair and blue eyes (I know, real original, eh?). Has a thin build and is of average height. Black toque and jacket, black pants, black shoes, black sunglasses, black everything. Can sometimes be seen with a classic magician's wand during a performance.

BACKGROUND: Grew up in the Orre region. At the age of 16 he left his home and traversed the region to Mt. Battle. There he trained his Ralts against the lower level trainers, and slowly worked up. Through this Mackenzie met a fellow trainer, a man named Orlando. Orlando preformed magic outside of the building sometimes, and Mackenzie finally worked up the nerve to ask if he could learn the art. Orlando smiled and told him that they would meet again further down the road, when Mackenzie was ready to learn. His Xatu had told him so.

After training the Ralts into a Kirlia Mackenzie bought a boat ticket to Sinnoh, where he planned to obtain a Dawn Stone. After some searching he found one and trained his Kirlia to the highest point of power before evolution into a Gardevoir, then used the stone. He thought that Gallade needed a more fitting name, so he was since then known as Syterion. In Solocean Town Mackenzie met Orlando again, as predicted, and was taught the art and enigma of magic, actually a carefully refined form of psychic skill. Being as having a psychic pokemon can result in gaining some psychic skill over time, Orlando explained that Mackenzie had not been ready at Mt. Battle, and had needed to spend more time with Syterion.

'True Magic' as Orlando called it was so refined that most psychics chose not to pursue it, as it would take away from the ability to learn other forms of psychic skill. It had to do with psychically manipulating the particles of matter and energy themselves, allowing the defying of gravity, and the ability to turn water into a non-frozen solid. This could only grow stronger through years of training, and he said that eventually they would meet again when Mackenzie was ready to reach the next level.

After traveling all of Sinnoh Mackenzie sailed to Hoenn, where soon after landing he saw a rambunctious Lotad chasing people as if a joke. He battled and caught the pokemon, naming it Jolini. Mackenzie traveled north through Hoenn, and while in a sooty valley of volcanic dust Jolini evolved into a Lombre, after a battle against a wild Spinda. Jolini soon found that he had a talent for drums, likely due to his next evolution step's tendency to play the drums. He then played the drums during Mackenzie's performances, and sometimes joined in the skits.

Mackenzie, while traveling Kanto, Orlando was in Johto looking for Lugia Mackenzie followed in suit, hoping to learn more from his teacher. He was resting at Mahogany Town, as he was told his teacher was nearby, performing at lake rage. Mackenzie was disappointed to find Orlando had moved on by then. As he slept that night he was whisked away to this world.

SPECIAL SKILLS: Magic tricks, good acting (can be used to fool people), walks lightly, so can sneak up on people. When asked how he came to learn one of his magic tricks he laughs and says simply: "What trick? This is no trick, my friend, this is magic. And only a true magician can teach it's enigmas." Nobody is sure whether this is true or not, but some tricks are quite inexplicable. A few defy the laws of physics on several levels. Once he turned a glass of water upside down, and it didn't fall out, then he then he stuck a straw in the hole in the bottom of the glass - now on top, blowing bubbles to the bottom where they left the cup and floated away on the wind. He claimed that "Gravity is on my side today, I suppose." He assures everyone he meets that Orlando is far more skilled, and compared to his teacher's magic his is only on par with cheap parlor tricks.

POKEMON:
    Spoiler:

---
    I'm guessing that even though it's new I should still re-post this. If not then I guess we just delete it. Anyhow, this looks like a great RP idea, and I hope my character is accepted. I edited and made it a bit better. I work best with questions asked, so please ask me to explain anything if you want more detail. I'm kind of impatient myself, so I posted before refining it some.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    Why exactly is the RP being "re-started"...? We lost a few members, sure, but aside from that we were really just about to get somewhere with the plot, weren't we? It seems kind of odd to just re-start everything now, especially considering how easy it would be to just get a few more members and continue from this point. Everyone's basically going to end up making identical (if not extremely similar) posts of their characters waking up and such again, and really not much beyond that has happened so far. Just seems a bit odd to me.

Anyways, my SU... Again.

[Name:] Serafina Dawn (also goes by "Sera")
    [Gender:] Female
    [Age:] Thirteen
    [Job/Role:] Trainer (of average skill)

[Personality:] Sera is a bit peppy and enthusiastic, but not quite in a naive, childish sort of manner. She's an avid achiever (sometimes an over-achiever) who enjoys setting high goals for herself. Though stubbornness isn't a common trait you'll see in her, it becomes very apparent when it comes to meeting her precious goals. She won't take advice or suggestions very well; when Sera wants something done, it's her way or the highway. This can make her pretty bossy at times, though she isn't ever flat-out mean about it. She tends to mask any and all of the rude remarks and sarcastic comments she loves to make with a playfully happy tone. As such, Sera never really sounds quite so angry or rude so much as she seems innocent and joking. "Everything can use a coat of light sarcasm," as she'd put it.

Most trainers are known for their fierce determination, and Sera has plenty of that. She never gives up on anything, and sees any failure as a 'learning experience' rather than an excuse to quit. In reality she's an optimist, though she often talks like a pessimist. Perhaps that's because she expects several failures in any situation, though in the long run she's positive of success.

On a side note, Sera has a habit of using a bit of odd slang in her speech. Some of her contractions, double-negatives, and other slangy terms would drive an English teacher up a wall. She also has to have a nickname for everyone and everything; even her Pokémon's nicknames have nicknames. If she is referring to a Pokémon species, or a few other odd things besides, she'll almost always drop the last syllable of the name and replace it with a 'y' (for example, 'Bulbasaur' would be 'Bulby'… 'Lopunny' would be 'Loppy'…).

[Appearance:] Sera is noticably the smallish, skinny type. She isn't abnormally short, and she doesn't look anorexic or anything, but just don't expect her to be playing basketball like a pro or consuming huge amounts of food during one meal. While she isn't extremely athletic, she can run pretty darn fast. Her dark-brown, almost black hair is just above shoulder length. It's got a bit of a natural curl to it that keeps it wavy and somewhat coiled in places. She always keeps a light jacket and a small bag containing a few basic necessities (clothing, matches, Potions, a pocket knife...). As far as what she's wearing goes, it's normally just a T-Shirt and jeans or shorts, depending on the weather.

[Background:] Born and raised in Eterna City, Sinnoh, Sera was pretty much guaranteed to be a Pokémon trainer from the start. Why, you ask? Well… when your mom's a Pokémon researcher and your dad's a once-famous trainer who retired, such a "fate" would seem unavoidable. Oddly enough, Sera's father was the one who wanted her to wait a few years after the usual ten to start her journey. Her mother, on the other hand, wanted her to get out there and experience all she could as soon as she could. Sera ended up leaving home at the age of eleven, after she came home one day with a Shinx she'd found wandering about. Of course, her mother was happy with this, while her father figured he'd have to be pleased that she'd waited a year to run off, unattended, into the wilderness...

The girl had always loved nature and forests and such, however… Before really starting her journey, Sera spent weeks just catching and training Pokémon in the Eterna Forest, coming back home every now and then just because it was so conveniently close. Eventually Sera took an interest in collecting the Gym Badges, though. This served as an actual motive to travel, considering she didn't have a very impressive collection with that one shimmering Forest Badge.

Sera'd actually managed to get ahold of seven Sinnoh Badges before this whole alternate-world-thing happened. The night before the random event had been spent in Snowpoint's Pokémon Center. Three of her Pokémon that had been more seriously wounded in her recent battle with the local Gym Leader (Lucas, a Luxio; Alexandria, a Lumineon; Pooky, a Sneasel) were resting up. The other half of her party was safely with her… Unfortunately, that half happened to be the only Pokémon she brought with her to this war-filled new world.

Special Skill: Serafina has the ability to understand Pokémon-speech, and can pick up on the emotions of Pokémon (and regular animals, should that ever be relevant in this RP). This has probably developed from her living in Eterna City, spending practically all of her time in the nearby forest with Pokémon from the time she was old enough to walk outside on her own. Others tend to suspect that her parents had something to do with it… Of course, with her Pokémon, this ends up being a bit more of a constant pain than a gift.

POKÉMON
    Spoiler:

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
    Years
  • Yeah, sorry. Was in a bit of a foul mood when I made that post. But, anyways, restart is a bit of a misnomer.

1) Please post a RSU whenever you can. You may copy/paste your old SU.
    2) Initial posts, with the exception of those by no-longer-active members, are still active. There is no need to post a second intro post. Your first will still be used, UNLESS;
    3) All posts by non-active members, or related to non-active members, are no longer active. These posts, and the actions within, are to be ignored. If you interact with or react to these posts, please edit your post to remove the action/reaction to these posts.

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE STILL ACTIVE MEMBERS OF THE RP, PLEASE POST ON THE OOC THREAD TO INDICATE SO. ONE WEEK FROM TODAY, ON THE FIRST OF JUNE, ANYONE FROM THE ORIGINAL SIGN-UPS WHO HAS NOT INDICATED THAT THEY STILL WISH TO BE PART OF THE RP WILL BE KICKED.

Again, sorry for any inconvenience this causes.

Years
  • NAME: Jack A. Gray

JOB: Trainer (since he was 12)

PERSONALITY: Jack has a calm personality, a personality that see's him never freaking out or, sweating the small stuff. As a boy he grow up knowing and loving pokemon. He only grew up with his father and his 2 sisters who were both like mother figures to him, because his mother died when he as 5 years old. His father, who was a former trainer, taught Jack the tool of the trade on how to care for a pokemon and how to be a smart in battle. His father worked in a store so he always had access to tm's and hm's to use on his pokemon and his pokemon are always versatile. If he was ever in a tough position he would just stay calm and rely on his pokemon. Most people see him as one of the best and some call him a diamand in the rough. When he was a starting out trainer people saw him as a child prodigy trainer. Since he wanted to become a doctor when he was a youngster he always was able to stomach people dying. He understood death from he was a child since his father had to explain death to him when his mother died.

APPEARANCE: Jack has black spiky hair covered by a red striped beanie. He has a white undershirt under his red jacket with white sleeves and jeans pants and plain white shoes with red trim (red is his favorite color) Jack is 6 foot 1 and has brown eyes.

BACKGROUND: Jack has a wonderful childhood and was always pushed to be a pokemon trainer by everyone around him. He loved to tend for pokemon but could not resist the call for battle and decided to change his career goal to be one of the best trainers. He was on a quest to catch 100 different pokemon(gone 37 so far) to help him later on before falling asleep that night.

SPECIAL SKILLS: since he grows up around medicine he can take any common or uncommon item he finds in the wild and turn it into medicine he is also a master chef. But when all else fails he always has a survival manual book around in his bag. He can also fix and build anything if given the right tools.

POKÉMON: Typhlosion
    NICKNAME: Flamey
    MOVES: Flame Wheel-Flame Thrower-OverHeat-Focus Punch
    APPEARANCE: A small scar around the eye
    PERSONALITY: A feisty pokemon who always rushes into a fight and is always bringing excitement into a usually calm day. He is a strong battler and as such pokemon always gravitate to him.
    BACKGROUND: Was a starter pokemon and evolved into a quilava when he was in a 4 against 1 fight 4 beedrils. Later evolved into Typhlosion when fighting a nidoking in a pokemon tournament quarter finals.

SPECIAL SKILLS/ABILITIES: Has a weird sense where he can sense super strong pokemon but it does more harm than good most times.
    POKÉMON: Hitmontop
    NICKNAME: None
    MOVES: Triple Kick-Rapid Spin-Rolling Kick-Agility
    APPEARANCE: Nothing of note
    PERSONALITY- A total show off when it comes to battle, hitmontop is a sore loser and winner but always puts his heart into battle.
    Background- Caught as a tyrouge in the jotho region and evolved in a mountain climbing trip.
    Special skills and Abilities-None

Pokemon-Cranidos
    Nickname-Rocker
    Gender-Male
    Moves-Zen Headbutt-Flamethrower-Ice Beam-Headbutt
    Appearance-Nothing of note
    Personality-Very shy and very obidient. He only sticks to Jack and runs from anyone else.
    Background-Was a prize fossil in the same competition that cyndaquil evolved in but Jack had to wait a while before he could find a place to restore the fossil.
    Special Skills-Has a strong sence of smell.

Pokemon-Sneasel
    Nickname-Icy
    Gender-Female
    MovesIce Shard-Fury Claws-Shadow Ball-Ice Ball
    Appearance-Gem on her head his red not gold.
    Personality-Nothing spectacular personality wise but has a wierd fixation and liking of ,when outside her pokeball, sitting on Jack's head usually measing up his hair.
    Background-Caught in johto around the same time as hitmontops evolution.
    Special Skills-2x Faster than a regular sneasel

Pokemon- Blastoise
    Nickname-ShellBlast
    Gender-Male
    Moves-Hydro Pump-Mega Punch-Iron Defense-Water Pulse
    Apperance-Shell is a little liter than a normal blastoise
    Personality-Is always in conflict with Flamey and always wants to be the dominant pokemon of the group,SO Flamey has to put him in line most times despite type disadvantage.
    Background-Caught as a Blastiose in fight that needed all of jacks pokemon to win it.
    Special Skills-None

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back