• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Twitch Plays pokemon

Gentle Grimer

Extremely Huggable
Years
    • Age 29
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    Teaching cut to Sentret was a real victory for democracy mode.

Also, I can't wait until we run into a shiny Pokemon (other than Gyarados). We're bound to flee or kill it, but think of meme's.

Years
  • I watched for about 10 mins and when I didn't hear any commentary and a bunch of people spamming left a b in twitch I left.

What is difference between Anarchy and Democracy Mode in the pokemon game .. and was that Pidgey really named Bird Jesus (in game)?

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • I watched for about 10 mins and when I didn't hear any commentary and a bunch of people spamming left a b in twitch I left.

What is difference between Anarchy and Democracy Mode in the pokemon game .. and was that Pidgey really named Bird Jesus (in game)?

There isn't meant to be any commentary. TPP is a stream with a bot where thousands of people from all over the world input commands such as up, down, left, right, a, b, or start into the chat box. The bot picks up the commands and moves the player.

So far (if you've gone through the previous pages of this thread), they've beaten Pokemon Red in 16 days. They named the Pidgeot there Bird Jesus lol. Now they've moved on to Pokemon Crystal.

Anarchy = all commands go through the system and the player moves correspondingly (resulting in chaos!)
    Democracy = the highest number of commands will go through (slow and time-consuming but gives better coordination)

Years
  • Ah that is why the Anarchy mode is "superior" than the democracy mode! It took so long for the game to be completed... So well I know what twitch plays is .. but what makes ppl flock to it?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Nostalgia. Entertainment. There are plenty of reasons and it's really to each their own. Especially considering that there are people who don't care for it at all.

I'm laughing that Pidgey or "Brian" is their second high level after Lazor Gator. Which means that if they accidentally release the starter again we'll end up with... Bird Jesus 2.0 essentially.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • What, how in the world do they have the GS ball?? I switched to the stream for a bit and caught them in the ball section of the pack. o_o

Years
  • So many button presses lead to so many slip ups :/ jeez. At least this run looks a bit more promising at the moment

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • It seem we beat Whitney when I slept, but also released Admiral the Sentret. He fought a good fight rest in peace. This was probably in attempt to release Totodile or Wooper. I mean I somewhat get why they want to release them, cause none of them can learn Whirlpool.But seriously all we need to do is catch a Pokemon that can or get Red Gyarados. It doesn't require us to sacrifice a valuable team member in order to do so. Jesus Christ some people playing this game are idiots.

Treecko

Years
  • It could be useful to help us get through some places easier, but I can't remember if it's needed to get out some spots. We should try to teach it to something if possible. We are in democracy and I seriously hope we can use it to evolve Totodile.

Treecko

Years
  • Oh thank Helix King Leer evolved into Croconaw finally!!! Now we just make sure the idiot trolls don't release him... I say we try to get a Pokemon that can learn Whirlpool, thus ending the madness of trying to release King Leer. Our best chance is getting Red Gyarados. I'm curious, what's in that Egg and how we got it?

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • So Lazergator tried to evolve and people started spamming b on the chat (even though the lag meant it would be over by then). What's wrong with people?

Years
  • I'm assuming the egg is the Odd Egg you can get from the Daycare Man. It'll be a Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Tyrogue, Smoochum, Elekid, or Magby that knows Dizzy Punch and has a 14% chance of being shiny.

And it will probably be released at some point, ESPECIALLY if it turns out to be shiny.

Treecko

Years
  • Scary Face is the new Leer it seems. Lol I hope we get a Elekid from that egg honestly. Which one's the most useful though?

Ugh going to a Pokemon Center is horrifying now cause so many people want to release Crocokaw. :/ But why though? Don't they get how harder the game will be without it and how much grind we will have to do if we want to beat the game without him? Seriously though, can they stop please?

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • First off, as expected, I missed the final battle against Blue/Gary in Twitch Plays Pokemon Red, but I managed to watch a recording of the Lance battle and the Blue/Gary battle broadcasts. Congratulations to Red and Twitch Plays Pokemon for entering the Kanto Hall of Fame! A feat that will go down in history, in more ways than one! (Thank goodness no one got released. -.-) Too bad we didn't go after Mewtwo, Moltres, and Articuno... And ROFL that Gastly made it all the way to Level 50 in the Day Care! {XD}

Okay, we've lost Admiral. RIP in peace. But wasn't he the one with cut? Don't we need that later or no?

RIP, Admiral VV! I can't believe Sentret got released already.. :( Any trolls that are present in the chat need to stop trying to ruin the experience.. Thank goodness that Lazorgator finally got to evolve (and Scary Face fulfills the memetic function of Leer, it seems!) Although I wish Scary Face wasn't the first move in Croconaw's moveset.. >.<

And Pidgey got denied the chance to evolve recently...SIGH.

I'm assuming the egg is the Odd Egg you can get from the Daycare Man. It'll be a Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Tyrogue, Smoochum, Elekid, or Magby that knows Dizzy Punch and has a 14% chance of being shiny.

And it will probably be released at some point, ESPECIALLY if it turns out to be shiny.

Ooh; neat that the shiny percentage chance is 14%. :D I'm hoping we get at least one shiny Pokemon (excluding Red Gyarados of the Lake of Rage).

Scary Face is the new Leer it seems. Lol I hope we get a Elekid from that egg honestly. Which one's the most useful though?

Ugh going to a Pokemon Center is horrifying now cause so many people want to release Crocokaw. :/ But why though? Don't they get how harder the game will be without it and how much grind we will have to do if we want to beat the game without him? Seriously though, can they stop please?

I'm hoping Lazorgator the Croconaw stays in the party; I'd like to see at least one Twitch Plays Pokemon playthrough where the starter Pokemon doesn't get released (on purpose, mostly. I'd hate to see it get released accidentally, although I'd like Anarchy Mode to be embraced sensibly a bit more).

---

On a side note, let me rave about Generation 2! {<3} I'm a bit startled that we started a Generation 2 game so soon.. Disappointed that I missed the beginning, but 3 Badges already? Wow.. XD (I missed the long-awaited Whitney battle, though, which apparently we impressively steam-rolled through on our second attempt. ;-;) I LOL'd at the little "intermision" games that I read about that the chat played, like Pokemon Pinball. I'm surprised that we went with Pokemon Crystal (I was expecting Pokemon Gold, due to it being the "dominant" game in the Gold and Silver game pairing), but it's nice to have the little animations and extra content and stuff. I'm hoping this means that Pokemon Emerald (The battle against Steven Stone should be mandatory!) and Pokemon Platinum will be the designated Twitch Plays Pokemon games for their respective generations, if they ever com about.

But yeah, everything looks so colorful compared to Pokemon Red! I get that that's kind of the point of the Game Boy Color, but still! From the funky Pokedex design (white text on a black background, after eons of seeing black text on a white background in other Generation 1 and 3 games) to the vibrant choice of decor for the Pokemon Centers and Gyms! And the time feature....the warm and fuzzy lights that illuminate the doors and windows of the various buildings just look so cool (a glaring mis-step for Generation 3 games, as much as I hate to say it)!

And I thought Match Call in Pokemon Emerald was annoying.... The Pokegear seems like it's going to top that! Seriously, people decide to call Gold/AJDNNW right after he completes a battle, right before he's going to talk to an NPC, and even when he's just wandering about at night! Sheesh; the kid can't catch a break! I don't think I've seen the infamous Youngster Joey call yet (maybe once?), but this "Wade" just will not shut up! XD The chat reactions are hilarious whenever Wade calls.. I think Todd also caused an uproar earlier in Democracy Mode at the Day Care; so many people were mashing the A button to complete his call that we ended up accidentally accessing the PC and depositing a good number of party Pokemon.. XD)

Also, I noticed that the Start menu gives descriptions of its options (similar to the Help System of Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen), which I thought was neat. Additionally, AFAIK, the "Super effective!" sound effect apparently doesn't debut in proper until Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire, which I thought was quite jarring. o_O

And most prominently, DAT MUSIC. This is my first time experiencing a Generation 2 live-stream, but wow.. I normally don't listen to Pokemon music until I've experienced it first-hand in-game, but this live-stream's concept is too good to pass up! So far, I've heard the "Day Care Interior" (a route or city theme, apparently?) theme (which I've heard in the Sevii Islands of Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen), the Day Care exterior theme (apparently a route theme? SO NOSTALGIC; it reminds me of the "Free Battle Menu theme"/REMIX from Pokemon Stadium 2, finally rendered in its original 8-bit rendition! ^^), the Pokemon Gym Interior theme (briefly; sounds so spiced up! :P), the Goldenrod City theme (I can't place my finger on it, but it new yet it also feels like I vaguely recognize it from somewhere... Apparently, we're largely stuck here at the moment..), the Johto Trainer Battle theme (I think I may have vaguely heard bits and pieces of it before; in any case, I love it so much that I want us to encounter Trainers just so I can listen to it! XD Maybe the "newness" of it, as it's my first non-Generation 1/3 Trainer battle theme, will wear off eventually.. For some reason, some of the beginning notes feel more like "battle already in progress!" rather than "setting the stage for battle!"), 2 encounter themes (a really nice one for Campers/Youngsters?, and one for the Police Officer Trainer class), and a portion of the Johto Wild Pokemon battle theme (finally I hear a little more of the original version of the theme after being so used to the excerpt from Super Smash Bros. Melee's "Battle Theme" Pokemon medley...)

Also, even though I know the gist about the Johto-based, I still like how Pokemon Crystal (and its Generation 2 brethren) still feels "new/refreshing" (primarily in comparison to Pokemon Red and Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald), despite how dated it is. :) Maybe because I'm only used to the Generation 3 games...

EDIT: We finally got the SquirtBottle!

EDIT 2: Also, I dislike the new implementation of the "Anarchy vs. Democracy" Modes, because if we come across a point where we'd like to use Democracy at a time where Anarchy Mode has already been voted in/implemented/become active for the hour, we have to wait for Anarchy Mode to expire for the hour.. :/ Although I dislike that some inputs were dedicated more towards the voting system rather than gameplay movements/inputs, I would much appreciate the return of the old system that was utilized up until the end of the Twitch Plays Pokemon Red live-stream..

EDIT 3:
    Oh thank Helix King Leer evolved into Croconaw finally!!! Now we just make sure the idiot trolls don't release him... I say we try to get a Pokemon that can learn Whirlpool, thus ending the madness of trying to release King Leer. Our best chance is getting Red Gyarados. I'm curious, what's in that Egg and how we got it?

Um, Bulbapedia says that Totodile, Croconaw, and Feraligatr can all learn Whirlpool, so I don't know why we would be handicapping ourselves by releasing them...?

-----

And on a side-note, this event (for example, watching the recorded broadcasts) is much better suited with the chat; it just feels so lonely/weird otherwise during the "epic" moments.. :x

Last edited:

Treecko

Years
  • Oh I was looking at Generation V's moveset, my bad. XD So yeah, I don't know why we went to release him now...... are people taking the Lord Helix thing THIS seriously? Or what's going on? I'm confused.

Back