• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ubuntu users, unite!

Do you use ubuntu?

• Yes

Votes: 28 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 16 36.4%

• Total voters
Years
    • PA
    • Seen Oct 20, 2009
    I use ubuntu!! It is easy to install, easy to configure. It is also very fast! And if you want to install windows apps, just install wine!

Years
  • Hello. I've been using a Live USB of Ubuntu created using Unetbootin. After using it a bit i liked it quite a lot, although it wasn't persistent. I found pendrivelinux.com, which has a link to something that creates a persistent Ubuntu from the iso file i already had. Once i did this i re-booted. Ubuntu loads for quite a while and then i get a black screen with this message and other similar ones continually appearing:

end_request: I/O error dev fd0, sector0

I just have to shut down and re-try to the same result.

The first method i had i seemed to prefer to be honest, the latter was a bit irksome. Is there any way to make the Unetbootin Live USB persistent?

Years
  • I'm not 100% sure what you mean by persistent, but if you're having issues, then it's best to use the in-built Live-CD creator which is available from Jaunty onwards. I haven't used it personally, but it's supposed to work for most linux distros.

Good luck.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • Hello. I've been using a Live USB of Ubuntu created using Unetbootin. After using it a bit i liked it quite a lot, although it wasn't persistent. I found pendrivelinux.com, which has a link to something that creates a persistent Ubuntu from the iso file i already had. Once i did this i re-booted. Ubuntu loads for quite a while and then i get a black screen with this message and other similar ones continually appearing:

end_request: I/O error dev fd0, sector0

I just have to shut down and re-try to the same result.

The first method i had i seemed to prefer to be honest, the latter was a bit irksome. Is there any way to make the Unetbootin Live USB persistent?
    It can't write to the index of your flash drive (presumably because flash hardware works different than standard hard drives). I have no idea how you would fix this.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I don't know what to say to the flash drive thing, except good luck on getting it to work.

Topic~

How did you first get into using Ubuntu or any other Linux distribution?

Years
  • Ctep, thanks haha. In response to your question...it was Xscreensaver (application thingy). A bit lame but once i seen it, i really wanted to try it all out and after about 12 months or something or lazily gathering more research i decided i could happily try Linux out with most of the features i need.

Back