• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga uguu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
  • They are 40 page chapters if I remember correctly, personally don't think that is too unreasonable.

Easily more material covered than the widely accepted ''3 episode rule''.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • I'm torn between feigning outrage and just simply posting "double standard lol".

3KxESMu.jpg

Yeah, I would never think 7 chapters is long enough to judge a series, especially a long one. Other an saying it didn't hook you. Which is fair enough to say, I think.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    The quality of this subreddit has increased dramatically since the new hires. I am utterly satisfied.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • 7 sucky chapters is a lot.

Believe it or not, I dropped it at the 1st chapter a few years ago, when chapter 40ish was the latest chapter. Tons of convincing by my sister later, and here I am now talking about it.

Years
  • They are 40 page chapters if I remember correctly, personally don't think that is too unreasonable.

Easily more material covered than the widely accepted ''3 episode rule''.

That's actually quite a bit more pages per chapter than I was expecting it to have. 10 chapters/200 pages might not be a bad metric that's equivalent to the 3 episode rule, in terms of personal time consumed, even if it is 3 times as long (or longer) in terms of real-time when waiting on a currently publishing series.

Of course, this metric should probably not be applied to series longer than 120 chapters.

More streaming parties, plskthx.

Yeah, I would never think 7 chapters is long enough to judge a series, especially a long one. Other an saying it didn't hook you. Which is fair enough to say, I think.

Pandora Hearts sounds like an exception if it's got 40 pages per chapter, however. That's a lot of pages.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • I'm sure there will be a sudden, huge, blast of quality in a few volumes.

Like in Gintama where the first 20 episodes are shit but the rest is the best thing in the world. lol

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
    Years
  • Utena is my favourite anime.

Keep going.

Watching anime for LE EPIC MIND****S sounds wrong though, don't do that.

Ah don't worry. It's not why I started to watch this in the first place. It's because it's one of the faves of one of my best friends. But others were saying it was just really weird so I was wondering. Since it's pretty normal for an anime so far.

(Yeah, late reply, blame timezones and placement for that)

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • I liked Gintama more in the past before the MUH SERIOUS arcs took over.

Not that those are bad, I just preferred the silly comedy with the odd arc thrown in format.

Warming up to characters and Sorachi's comedy style is what I would actually put that lag some people feel down to, not it suddenly improving.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Ginatama has always looked intriguing. Now it's just so long, that I stare at the episode list and go

zbzrr.gif

"....maybe later".

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • I like the muh serious arcs, though. The humor hasn't completely disappeared ;(

The manga's better anyway, I find myself laughing at the art style no matter the arc aha. Sorachi has poisoned my brain.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Yeah, I can appreciate some deadpan too but that isn't what Gintama is about at all.

STOP ENJOYING THINGS IN DIFFERENT WAYS TO ME.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Gin can get pretty ridiculous too.

For me though it is all about the interactions between Gin and the support, and I enjoy that so much more in anime form. Of course I like the manga, it's a good manga, but the anime jumps multiple points.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back