• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga uguu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years
  • This explains why I dropped Gintama despite everyone treating it like the greatest thing ever. 8D;

Meanwhile, Gintama is on hold to me since chapter 35 I think 'cause I'm a lazy reader. Anime-wise... I think I stopped at episode 12ish? I need to read/watch it from the beginning again ahaha.

On the other hand, I'm surprised that the Gintama manga hasn't made it over here yet, despite the anime already got a rather short run on TV (and that's really what got me to reading in the first place). I'd buy the manga in a heartbeat, 'cause despite my laziness to continue, I really like Gintama.

Pretty sure one of you will slap me in the face just so I will read/watch it again.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I feel like such an outcast because everyone else seems to really like Gintama and I just could never get into it. About a year or a year and a half ago I read 200ish chapters before I decided that it just seemed really suckish. And I can really get into some trash anime/manga. More so manga than anime though.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Well, Ginatama seems like one of those series where you either like its type of humor, or you don't. Same can be said with most comedy anime series. I'm weird and there's very few that I've actually enjoyed. xD;

Years
  • Gin Tama is something I've been too lazy to read outside of when I buy its volumes. I'll probably resume picking them up after I finish collecting Black Cat.

been watching Inou Battle. It is kinda fun but the gags can be seen coming from spacE...

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • If you have 0 expectations with Inou Battle, it's pretty enjoyable. Otherwise, don't expect much from a show with a Chuunibyou that has actual (and useless) fire power.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Gintama, despite being my ALL TIME FAVORITE BEST ANIMU EVAR, is an anime that I find myself rarely recommending to anyone. I mean, I know it is very good. But its humor can be hit or miss depending on the individual and it definitely does take its sweet time to set things up so I definitely cannot recommend it to people who lack patience. The fact that the introductory episodes suck balls compared to the episodes that come later on (100s in) doesn't help. Still, it is and will probably always be my #1 anime. Amazing comedy with really good animation, OST and voice actors. And a proper story (no kidding) which takes things on a really high scale when it ventures outside full-blown comedy (current manga arc is the best shounen arc I have ever read. Period. Throws surprise bombs at me every chapter. Chapter 519 was literally earth shattering holy shit).

Either way, needless to say, I'm ULTRApumped for the anime next month. Definitely watching it along with a few friends of mine together (who I recommended gintama to and they're now huge fans). Can't wait.

I remember downloading the first few episodes of inou battle. I shall get to it someday. I definitely will. Although with the huge backlog I have, I doubt I'll do it anytime soon lol

Years
  • If you have 0 expectations with Inou Battle, it's pretty enjoyable. Otherwise, don't expect much from a show with a Chuunibyou that has actual (and useless) fire power.

I had expectations that may have been lower than 0. I went into it thinking it was gonna be terrible. Been pleasantly surprised to find it mediocre and kinda fun. What's bringing it down is that, aside from the namesake of the series, it still feels very cookie cutter, and a lot of the gags and jokes have been done before. At least it's not hyper slapsticky like some cookie cutter harem series end up being. It's just slapsticky. Keeping the interactions substantially more down to earth despite having the superpowers at their disposal must've been hard for the creative team.

Gintama, despite being my ALL TIME FAVORITE BEST ANIMU EVAR, is an anime that I find myself rarely recommending to anyone. I mean, I know it is very good. But its humor can be hit or miss depending on the individual and it definitely does take its sweet time to set things up so I definitely cannot recommend it to people who lack patience. The fact that the introductory episodes suck balls compared to the episodes that come later on (100s in) doesn't help. Still, it is and will probably always be my #1 anime. Amazing comedy with really good animation, OST and voice actors. And a proper story (no kidding) which takes things on a really high scale when it ventures outside full-blown comedy (current manga arc is the best shounen arc I have ever read. Period. Throws surprise bombs at me every chapter. Chapter 519 was literally earth shattering holy ****).
    Almost makes me want to bother reading and watching it this very second.

I remember downloading the first few episodes of inou battle. I shall get to it someday. I definitely will. Although with the huge backlog I have, I doubt I'll do it anytime soon lol

Don't go in with any expectations.

Last edited:

derozio

Years
  • You can follow this guide TwilightBlade made (it is there in that one gintama thread I made a few months ago. Will post link when I'll be on my lappy). It is perhaps the easiest way to get anyone into Gintama - Gintama being a different anime (episodic comedy with dramatic arcs sprinkled in between) means you can sort of take multiple approaches and Blade has made this entire guide that you can look at to see what episodes to watch and in what order. Once you're hooked you definitely will want to watch everything anyway so this is only for the case where you really want to get into it but haven't been able to due to the relatively steep curve the intro episodes have when it comes to hooking people.

Unless you're one of those people who MUST WATCH EVERYTHING IN THE "CORRECT" ORDER. Like laptrap. remember him resorting to name-calling over the very fact that people aren't watching it in order lel

That aside, yes. It does pay off. BIG TIME. Both me and Blade can vouch for it. :3

And naah don't worry. I learned my lessons about 'expectations' and how they can literally make or break your experiences with some anime back when I watched steins gate. Ain't making that mistake again. I'll enjoy it I'm sure. :)

derozio

Years
  • Aww, I love you too laptrap. Going by your definition, of course. :')

In other news, Shigatsu latest ep is in my phone. Will watch it in a while. Hopefully its gonna be good. Also started Chaika. Chaika is kawaii.

Years
  • Unless you're one of those people who MUST WATCH EVERYTHING IN THE "CORRECT" ORDER. Like laptrap. remember him resorting to name-calling over the very fact that people aren't watching it in order lel

I'd say I'm one of THOSE people, but I have broken that standard at least once by watching both Shippuden and original Naruto simultaneously. I still vastly prefer watching and reading everything in the CORRECT ORDER, though. Out of order leaves me feeling like I'm missing some crucial detail when reading/watching later portions first.

derozio

Years
  • I personally think that leaving out crucial bits defeats the purpose too. But in certain anime like Gintama and Mushishi (not that I'd suggest you to watch this out of order or anything - no need here) where they're almost entirely episodic by nature with little to no connection between episodes I think it is okay as long as you do not miss episodes which contains vital pieces of information that get referenced later on. In Gintama there are a good deal of these episodes. And Blade's guide makes sure you don't skip on important details. So yeah.

I am one of THOSE people too actually. But I think I'm a little flexible when it comes to Gintama since I can understand people's lack of patience. And its length can be intimidating as well.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • There are genuinely people out there that will watch sequels to things before the originals because ''they are airing''. Felt my most fierce pang of autism reading somebody say that.

derozio

Years
  • lol. Tbh even I wouldn't do that Donny haha. You +1 me as far as that goes XD

Years
  • Ah don't worry. It's not why I started to watch this in the first place. It's because it's one of the faves of one of my best friends. But others were saying it was just really weird so I was wondering. Since it's pretty normal for an anime so far.

(Yeah, late reply, blame timezones and placement for that)
    Ah, Utena... never thought people would talk about this show here.
    I don't know where you are in the show yet, but I'm presuming it's within the first 13 episodes. The first 13 are pretty standard fare. From 14 onward it picks up and the last ten are particularly rich.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • I never watched Utena, though a friend of mine did in high school. Sad to say I know nothing about it, other than it's somewhat "lesbionic"(in his words lmao).

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I have Utena scheduled for April. I know all about it since it's a deconstruction of the mahou shoujo. And the staff of this did Penguindrum (which confused me) and Yuri Kuma (which I'm upset about), so I have it planned after I finish Ah! My Goddess.

(I schedule anime. I don't like watching things without having to rotate stuff in.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back