• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga uguu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    I'm not into the "must not skip OP" party. I usually just listen to it on the first episode and the finale.
    Finales are definitely a must (or the episode just before, as it's not uncommon for finales to forgo the OP altogether).

In my case, though, it's rare for me to skip and opening unless it's straight out bad. But OPs have become a selling factor for anime to me, for better or for worse (I mean, I watched most of Mekakucity Actors because of Daze, which is now one of my favorite openings...I'm still not sure if I regret it). It's a part of the experience and I tend to like the music, depending.

Generally the only time I skip openings, even if I like them or think they're absolutely fantastic, is when the show's moving at a great pace and I'm so into it that I actually can't wait. That's happened with a few shows that I can remember. Or when I'm rewatching shows, sometimes.

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
    Yeah,「daze」was one of the few that I actually listened to every time.

I guess sometimes I also watch OPs or EDs because they're cute or funny.

i.e. Mikagura, Yamada-kun, or Ookami-san.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    I can't stand skipping openings, though I usually skip endings. I guess I'm the opposite of Akiba, I like happy go lucky songs, and I'll listen to them over and over again -w-;...

Today was supposed to be my catch up day, but boyfriend and I got a puppy yesterday and she's kept me busy. She's taking a nap now and who'd have guessed, I'm too tired to even think about watching anything ;_;...

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
    More OPs that I loved and never dared skip:

The Everlasting Guilty Crown
    No Pain, No Game
    Hacking to the Gate
    Sakasama no Chou
    Complication
    Ichirin no Hana

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Funnily enough, I actually watched BTOOOM! and Durarara! for "No Pain, No Game" and "Complication" respectively.

I've mentioned that I'm an avid Osu! player so there've been a number of times where I've watched shows because they're openings and endings baited me into them. Other shows include Joshiraku (thanks to "Nippon Hyakkei Egao"), Steins;Gate (thanks to Toki...the ending theme), and others that escape me. Similar to the way that I learned about a lot of shows from Nico Nico Douga Medleys.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    I learnt of No Pain, No Game from another song by the same artist titled Magenta. And then I proceeded to collect all her albums, and then I learnt of it lol. Along with a bunch of other music by her that idk whether they were featured in an anime or not. nano is so amazing.

Remember when I said Mahou Sensou's ED is too good for the show? Yeah, because it was sung by nano. :T

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    nano!!^

So..OPs.
    I guess I like dynamic ones and also calmer ones.
    Let Me Hear, Unravel, Kuusou Mesorogiwi for dynamics
    Kuchizuke Diamond, For Fruits Basket for calm
    Favourite? I don't know, maybe Elfen Lied's Lilium because its so good.

Years
    Psycho-Pass' second op was great
    'cause i feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel

I enjoyed the OP's of Barakamon (Rashisha), Durarara (Complication), Hanasaku Iroha (Hana no Iro + Omokage Warp), Noragami (Goya no Machiawase) and probably more than I'm blanking on atm. I can't be expected to remember all of them.

Coppelion had a great OP even though the show itself was garbage.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Had fun dropping BTOOOM after 1 ep.
    That's a shame, because the show gets better after episode 1. Apparently the animators thought that the best way to create the first episode was to pad it out by inducing the protag with momentary stupidity and let it ride. I actually quite enjoyed it (despite dropping it a year prior after episode 1, ironically).

But it really is a fun show. It helped that main guy and main girl were actually interesting. Worried that it'd very much be a Kirito X Asuna case, especially the way the romance (and the MC) was framed, but fortunately the characters here are actually good, so that was fun.

Oh, and No Pain, No Game and Exist.

Last edited:

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
    The only scene I remember from BTOOM! (which i hated) was when the main character got angry because reasons and threw his joystick against a wall

Spoiler:

rofl

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    There were some more interesting moments in that show, the "boob bounce bomb" comes to mind.

But yeah, no season 2? Doesn't seem like the show did fantastically well in Japan.

Years
    I read the manga of Btooom, it was okay. I can see why people didn't like it since the source material was just that, 'okay'. The romance part was handled badly tbh but some of the scenes were pretty great. Like
    Spoiler:

I guess the cool parts and the boring parts cancelled each other out into an average result. I don't think it was bad overall though. I haven't been keeping up with it for a long time now.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    The only scene I remember from BTOOM! (which i hated) was when the main character got angry because reasons and threw his joystick against a wall

Spoiler:

rofl
    Just Xbox controller, nothing serious xD

That's a shame, because the show gets better after episode 1. Apparently the animators thought that the best way to create the first episode was to pad it out by inducing the protag with momentary stupidity and let it ride. I actually quite enjoyed it (despite dropping it a year prior after episode 1, ironically).
    I would say it actually gets better after anime =D

(And it has a loli)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back