• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga uguu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    Bah... I haven't gone home for 2 weeks now so I can focus on my finals and now I'm really itching to watch the new episodes... I even placed my external HDD somewhere where I can't see it to prevent myself from picking up an anime I haven't watched yet...

Also, I need a new HDD now lol. My anime folder takes up so much space I can't believe it's already at the 737 GB mark now hahaha

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Huh. Just opened up Nisekoi's third OVA episode that's been on my computer for a few months. Stopped watching them originally because the first one was an Onodera episode disguised as a glasses girl episode and the second was New Years. They were okay, but they didn't really do anything for me.

The third, though. Reeeeally thinking I stopped at a bad place, for a few reasons. One of the more minor of those reasons being that it certainly would have been a good watch for pre-Nisekoi: considering, at the time, I didn't even know that Haru was a separate character, but eh, I'll enjoy it for what I can now. And enjoy I shall.

Surprised at how good it looks, though. It's lower resolution than the main show, sure, but the art on some of them scenes, ecchi or otherwise, is oddly stunning considering they really didn't have to go out of their way for this type of episode.

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    I actually forgot about that one (can't remember if I liked it or not, due to the circumstances at the time I only remember bits and pieces), though I certainly remember the other part of that episode. Not sure why, it wasn't better by any stretch.

But it's the following one, Shin Bath House Episode Kai V2. Not sure if all the music in the first season was like this, but it seems to have taken some cues from His and Her Circumstances. Good choice.

Candy

Years
    Hmm... I seem to have missed the memo that Nisekoi has OVAs, huh.

Note to self: Watch Nisekoi's OVAs after you're done with your finals.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Turned out to be a fun episode all around, actually. Onodera got a little too much attention compared to the other girls which, really, is the case for all of the OVAs except for maybe the first half of the first one (if I recall), but it looked nice and was pretty funny.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    And... the wrong thing about this?
    She isn't the main main girl and of the main girls she gets an odd amount of attention focused on her despite not having to do with the current state of the story. Worse, Tachibana's basically ragdolled and played with, only given really brief chances to make it seem like she's actually in the running (she isn't). Then there's Chitoge, who sometimes has the spotlight but when she doesn't they just make her brutish until they remember that she's actually kawaii as shit and has a *gasp* personality. And regardless of who you think best girl is, there's a huge imbalance in the time they're allotted.

Last edited:

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
    She isn't the main main girl and of the main girls she gets an odd amount of attention focused on her despite not having to do with the current state of the story. Worse, Tachibana's basically ragdolled and played with, only given really brief chances to make it seem like she's actually in the running (she isn't). Then there's Chitoge, who sometimes has the spotlight but when she doesn't they just make her brutish until they remember that she's actually kawaii as muk and has a *gasp* personality. And regardless of who you think best girl is, there's a huge imbalance in the time they're allotted.

It's arguable that none of the cast is meant to have equal screen time given the nature of this show anyway. Why have consistency when you can keep readers interested by making them guess the eventual outcome whenever the series ends. I don't it matters to the series when it's likely that sidelined character will get their own story later.

that's said, I feel like all the Onoderas are best girls lel

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    It's arguable that none of the cast is meant to have equal screen time given the nature of this show anyway. Why have consistency when you can keep readers interested by making them guess the eventual outcome whenever the series ends. I don't it matters to the series when it's likely that sidelined character will get their own story later.

that's said, I feel like all the Onoderas are best girls lel
    I'd believe that they aren't, but it's one of those "it's about the journey, not the destination" type deals. Like, if Raku did end getting with Tachibana, I genuinely wouldn't give a shit because she's never really given much time so I can't really empathize with her. Her backstory grows farther and farther away with each episode, and as much as I liked backalley hick Tachibana (for the five seconds she was around), I don't think it would be a very satisfying ending because she's devolved into just "Aggressive lover who gets a few minutes), which is a shame. The interim has an effect on the result, and if you don't take that time to sculpt her, I don't really care what happens.

Same with Olderdera, really. 28 episodes and 3 OVAs in and she still has the same 2D "romance" personality, then her sister walks in and- almost instantly, in just 2 or 3 episodes- grows a layered personality. Now, of course, Olderdera is meant to be waifu material, so this is a given, but it really is the same deal. Though in the third OVA I saw glimpses of her maybe becoming a kinky pervert. I'd like to see more of that, please; it'd certainly make her unique, especially if she was so secretly.

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    Same with Olderdera, really. 28 episodes and 3 OVAs in and she still has the same 2D "romance" personality, then her sister walks in and- almost instantly, in just 2 or 3 episodes- grows a layered personality. Now, of course, Olderdera is meant to be waifu material, so this is a given, but it really is the same deal. Though in the third OVA I saw glimpses of her maybe becoming a kinky pervert. I'd like to see more of that, please; it'd certainly make her unique, especially if she was so secretly.
    I still don't know why do you see her being waifu material as something wrong.
    It obviously adds to her popularity.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    I still don't know why do you see her being waifu material as something wrong.
    It obviously adds to her popularity.
    I didn't say that it was wrong, but there's nothing else there. Waifu material is waifu material, and if you don't add anything else you've just got a bland character. Cuteness only gets you so far, and that's why, until she grows as a character, she'll always be the lesser Onodera.

Candy

Years
    This is why I think Chitoge is best girl. Onodera is cute and all but she doesn't get that much love in her character development, unlike Chitoge's.

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
    Onodera is cute and all but

Saw this somewhere on the web.

Spoiler:

Bonus points for "Okey Neto"

Years
    11 series or episodes?

It's amusing to see some of the quirkier Index girls animated. Currently trudging through the series since this is my third or fourth time through the first 3 story arcs in the past two years. Read the manga adaptations and LNs before I ever dove into the anime.

Like this:

uguu?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back