• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga uguu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • rJmADXq.gif

This looks interesting. I'll lurk for it

I'll be watching some Ichi the killer since that show will match what I'm looking for. (Blood, Ultraviolence, and Supermurder).

And obviously the anime world needs more of it. Penis rippings, head stomping, dismemberment, disembowelment, shoving a chainsaw into someone's dunghole.. the usual.

Years
  • Rare poster.

I'd watch some masked hero live action stuff if I hadn't already seen Kekkou Kamen. If you haven't seen that it is essentially this genre's equivalent to The Wire, making everything else feel shallow and uninspired by comparison.

Sir Codin

So yeah...I'm currently reading Berserk due to me being a fan of Dark Souls and that manga being a huge influence on it. You can definitely tell.

However.....

I'm currently reading Volume 13. THIR-TEEN.

........I've just died inside.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
  • Rarely does an anime op or ed have context. Usually just 90 second adverts for some jpop group's new song.
    It really depends on the show. The songs might sound like random jpop songs, but they still have something to do with the show. Stuff like Umaru's opening or Young Black Jack for example

Of course these songs are far from the catchy oldies that really felt that they were made for the show

Though there are a lot of songs that really are random jpop songs, mostly stuff like Fairy Tail or Naruto openings.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Berserk is that good, huh?

I've been meaning to give one of the Kamen Rider series a watch. I get the feeling there are many references I'm missing because I haven't watched any series of it.

With Kamen Rider, usually it's (one of) the trademark transformation pose. Occasionally, you'll get some quotes that end up transferring to anime/manga/light novels, but it's much less plentiful than, say, Jojo.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Nyaruko's an exception to that rule, and really one of the only series that spams it that hard that isn't a sentai-style show. Also the main reason I watched it. RIP Matsuki Miyu. It's a bad year to be a VA or singer.

Years
  • So I should see at least one Kamen Rider series before I watch Nyaruko to truly appreciate it. Gotcha.

My experience with sentai series in general has thus far been limited to having seen the Mighty Morphing Power Rangers adaptations/butcherings/retellings/whatever the hell you want to call them as a 4 and 5 year old.

Can't tell if that comment means you've already read it or you haven't and wondered if my comment determined it's quality.

I, uh, haven't read it yet. I've been putting it off because it seems like a very violent manga, and I tend to have a hard time digesting those in print.

With Kamen Rider, usually it's (one of) the trademark transformation pose. Occasionally, you'll get some quotes that end up transferring to anime/manga/light novels, but it's much less plentiful than, say, Jojo.

Which probably means that Jojo should be bumped up my backlogs.

Sir Codin

It is a violent manga and that is but one part of it's glorious-ness. To quote one Youtuber:

"GORE!!! GORE!!! BLOOD, TITS GORE!!! GIANT ASS SWORD!!! YOU SEE THAT DEMON? WELL NO YOU DON'T BECAUSE IT'S DEAD!!! AGH BLOOD GORE!!! AAAAUUUGHHH!!!"

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back