• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    On the new chat thingie this morning I decided to start another Monotype. They chose Bug for me. I started playing, then realized I wasn't playing Crystal, so I couldn't get both Ariados and Ledian, who were going to be 2/3 of my team (also Parasect). So, I did Grass, which was next in line, instead. On Silver. Current status: beat Red Gyarados and began infiltrating the Mahogany base.

Game: Silver
    Game Name: Green
    Rival: Red
    Team: Meganium ~Lv. 38 (Miracle Seed) w/ Body Slam, Strength, Razor Leaf, Synthesis
    Parasect ~Lv. 30 w/ Scratch, Spore, Dig, Leech Life
    Bellsprout ~Lv. 20 w/ Vine Whip, Flash, Cut, Stun Spore
    Pidgeotto slave Lv. 14 w/ Fly
    Tentacool slave w/ Surf

WAILMERZ FOREVER

Did I say Black? I meant Soul Silver, so I kinda will be trade-ish.

Pika-power

Jesus of Suburbia
    Years
    I'm going to start

I'm thinking of doing an all dragon challenge using a ROM and emulator.

I'm going to hack in some dragons using A-Map.

I will update every 3 badges.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2016
    Poison UMC Johto Leg (Crystal)

OK, I beat Whitney and Morty.
    Grinded Conra and Tetrid II to Lv18
    Challenged Whitney after beating the gym trainers
    Went to Ecruteak City. Defeated Kimono Girls for HM Surf. Tetrid II now has a usable move!
    Found the Legendary Mammals. Defeated rival.
    After stalling to increase Daclus's happiness, I challenged Morty.
    Collected a Moon Stone from that cave near Kanto. Evolved Lang.
    Grinded for a short period of time.

Docori II the Male Ariados
    Poison Sting, Night Shade, Scary Face, Constrict

Daclus the male Golbat
    Bite, Leech Life, Return, Confuse Ray

Tetrid II the female Tentacool
    Surf, Supersonic, Constrict, Acid

Conra the female Arbok (Yep, she evolved)
    Headbutt, Leer, Poison Sting, Bite

Lang the Nidoking
    Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, Horn Attack, Double Kick

hazard master

Self Proclaimed Genius
    Years
    ground monotype update 4:

Completely obliterated eveyone in the hideout, then beat Giovonni. Climbed up the pokemon tower, that took FOREVER! Any way, owned everyone there, recieved the Poke Flute, then went on my merry way. I then went down the rickety bridge o' death, then brick breaked the Snorlax to death. continued down to Fuchsia city and I stopped there.

I hoped to upload some images, but it won't let me do .bmp's, so you're gunna have to take mah word for it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2015
    Signing up!
    Name; Patch
    Game; Firered, but I'm planning on doing an ultimate.
    Type; Normal

I got three badges today and stopped at the Pokecenter outside of the Rock Tunnel. Bitsy's been dominating so far, but Flap actually did a good half of the electric gym, which surprised me! The Hikers are evil, though. It takes so long. D:

Meowth/Pryce lvl 22
    Bashful Nature
    -Scratch
    -Growl
    -Bite
    -Payday

Pidgeotto/Flap lvl 28
    Mild Nature
    -Tackle
    -Sand-Attack
    -Wing Attack
    -Quick Attack

Raticate/Bitsy lvl 28
    Quiet Nature
    -Tackle
    -Tail Whip
    -Quick Attack
    -Hyper Fang

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    Finished Grass. After several E4 Meganium runs with Parasect holding the Exp. Share, and then some more with him using lots of Slashes, I decided it was time for Red.

Final stuff is there.

Also here's the stuff for my Normal GSC mono

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
    Update for Ultimate Monotype Challenge (Normal).

Update #5 on Platinum.

Started in Veilstone City.

- After I beat the Warehouse, I evolved Matrix into Porygon-Z with the Dubious Disc I found there.
    - Beat Cyrus in the Headquarters.

- After freeing the Lake Trio, I climbed Mt. Coronet and watched Cyrus summon the Dialgia and Palkia.
    - After Giratina killed stopped Cyrus, I hopped in the Distortion World.
    - After the puzzles were solved, Cyrus was my last obstacle.

Led with Matrix, who took out Houndoom, then fell to Honchkrow. Linda took out Honchkrow with Rock Slide, then fell to Gyarados. Beav tried to Rollout Gyarados, but Gyarados 2HKOed with a crit Earthquake and Waterfall. Ace beat Gyarados, then OHKOed Weavile with Aura Sphere. Crobat finished off Ace, so Lola came in and beat Crobat with a crit Return.

- Faced off against Giratina.

3 Shadow Balls were enough from Matrix.

- Back in the real world, I am on my way to Sunyshore City.

Team Norma:

Linda the Lonely Lickilicky, ♀ - L49
    Ability: Oblivious
    Moves: Return, Swords Dance, Power Whip, Earthquake

Ace the Naive Togekiss, ♂ - L48
    Avility: Serene Grace
    Moves: Air Slash, Aura Sphere, Fly, Flamethrower

Lola the Lonely Lopunny, ♀ - L49
    Ability: Cute Charm
    Moves: Quick Attack, Jump Kick, Return, Dig

Beav the Hasty Bibarel, ♀ - L49
    Ability: Unaware
    Moves: Hyper Fang, Surf, Rollout, Superpower

Matrix the Bold Porygon-Z - L48
    Ability: Adaptibility
    Moves: Discharge, Shadow Ball, Ice Beam, Recover

HM slave:

Twiggy the Turtwig, ♂ - L9 (Cut, Rock Smash, Strength, Rock Climb)

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2015
    Could I cheat for the coins so I can get Porygon? I earned about 5000 on my own, but 9999 is a ridiculous amount. =/ And I don't think it really affects the game - it's more luck than skill anyway.

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    Could I cheat for the coins so I can get Porygon? I earned about 5000 on my own, but 9999 is a ridiculous amount. =/ And I don't think it really affects the game - it's more luck than skill anyway.
    I wish... In my UMC Water, I grinded 20,000 (at least) coins to get Ice Beam and Thunderbolt TMs for one of my two Starmie. But I stuck with it. And that's what you have to do.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2015
    Alright, I was just wondering. =) Thanks to Payday, I should be able to just buy the coins fast enough.

Cathar

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Just a quick update:

I received my Emerald cartridge from Ebay today and started.

Named myself Odin and choose Mudkip, who is a quiet female which is okay I guess.

What's the earliest I can get another Ground type?

cutiecasie

The Kanto girl with attitude!
    Years
    Just a quick update to let you all know i've started:

Called myself Skyla (Keeping with the flying theme)
    Named Rival Jet
    Recieved Charmander(Called Fuji)
    Did the Oak's parcel stuff
    Caught Pidgey(Called Heather)
    Got the Teachy Tv of the drunk... I mean old man
    Caught Caterpie (Called Sparkle)

At the moment im currently grinding my team members to level 10 for the rival fight.I'll post the team in the next update

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
    Well, started heartgold for my water monotype challenge.

Got Totodile, female named her Bubbly.
    Did all the egg thing.
    Beat Sprout Tower
    Beat Falkner
    Went down the road to the Pokemon Center out of Union Cave
    Got the old Rod
    Caught magikarp, poliwag, and wooper.
    Beat team rocket
    Beat Bugsy
    Caught slowpoke
    went through ilex forest
    day care leveled up magikarp and slowpoke
    magikarp and wooper evolved
    Beat Whitney after a lot of tries, what a pain in the ass.
    went to Ecruteak, morty was easy with gyarados and croconaws bite

That's all for now :)

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    Just a quick update:

I received my Emerald cartridge from Ebay today and started.

Named myself Odin and choose Mudkip, who is a quiet female which is okay I guess.

What's the earliest I can get another Ground type?
    After Nincada (East of Rustboro, obtainable before first badge) you can catch Geodude inside Granite Cave (before Second Badge)

WAILMERZ FOREVER

So last you heard from me, I was just signing up. But now, I have...

-Named myself Nick. It's not in the spirit (pun intended) of my Ghost-type challenge, but...It is a nickname for Nicholas, the name of the last Czar of Imperial Russia. Who is dead.
    -Got out of bed, went down to the kitchen (which, for a strange reason, is the whole main floor) where the weird lady who the game says is my Mom gives me some options, which are not a material thing, a journal which magically saves my game, a bag for all of my stuffses, and my trainer card, which I must've left in the kitchen/main floor.
    -I leave, go to the lab, talk to the new Prof. Elm, and get my Cyndaquil, who, sadly, is only temporary. I then go talk to my not-real-mom, and leave town. I run from some, fight and kill some, go get running shoes from a fast old man, heal Cyndaquil, get outta town, but not before Old Man Jogs-A-Lot over here gives me a map card. Then I go to Mr. Pokemon's house. Cyndaquil dies, I get sent to the Pokemon Center, and go to the Apricorn man's house. Get the basket, go to Mr. Pokemon's, get a Pokedex and a suspicious and weird egg.
    -When I go outside, I get a call from Prof. Elm, who says that I need to go to his lab. Sounds serious...Go to Cherrygrove, and a weird redhead stops me. I kick his puny little be-hind, try to steal his trainer card, but he just comes right back and takes it from me. So I head along Route 29, dash into the lab, and get framed for the redhead's theft. This "Lyra" character comes along, gets me outta trouble, and runs along like the good lil' brunette she is. I give the egg to Elm, he does a little hoppity-hop dance, and takes away my suspicious egg! Adults are so mean to kids sometimes.
    -I go to Route 29, Lyra gives me some Pokeballs, and I go on my merry way. And at the Cherrygrove Pokemon Center, I trade a battered up old Hoothoot for a pretty little Sableye from my trusty old friend Dawn from the realm of Pokemon Pearl.
    -I get all the way to the gatehouse near Violet, then she sneaks up on me and drops a Vs. Recorder at my feet. That girl...Ya know, sometimes I just wanna strangle her! Anyway, I head out of the gatehouse, go to the Pokemon Center and heal up Sableye. I also go to Sprout tower and catch and train up a Gastly. I use him throughout the tower 'cept for when Sableye takes out the Hoothoot with her Power Gem (so I gave her a few nice moves through breeding. that's the world of Pokemon!) Get TM 70 Flash, and get out of that place with an Escape Rope.
    - I then run to the Gym, where I beat everyone with Power Gem, including Falkner. I get the Zephyr Badge, TM 51 Roost, and a couple new levels for Sableye and Gastly. I walk out the doors, and Prof. Elm calls me to tell me to pick up my egg from the market. Mmmm...eggs...oh, wait, it's the Pokemon egg. But I skipped breakfast!!!!! So I take the egg from his serv-, I mean assistant and then, right outside, a weird lady with powdered sugar all over her face tells me to take good care of my egg. Just 'cause you said that, I will make an omelet out of that egg!
    -I run over to Route 36, get Rock Smash from a weird guy, go to the Ruins of Alph, solve the Kabuto puzzle, get an Unown Report and run away screaming when I'm surrounded by what looked like the soup up on the shelf back at home. I go to Route 32, get a Miracle Seed from a weird guy, fight a little kid and a rude Picnicker, and I save at the bridge. So, yeah, that's where I am.

So--

My Team on my way to Violet:
    Sableye Level 7 F

On top floor of Sprout Tower:
    Sableye Level 13 F
    Gastly Level 12 M

Currently:
    Sableye Level 15 F
    Gastly Level 14 M

Wow, that's a LOT!

hazard master

Self Proclaimed Genius
    Years
    Okay update 5 ultimate ground monotype challenge:

from fuchsia went into the safari zone and caught Queen, a Nidorina, who was immediatly evolved. Found the gold teeth and secret house in one try, a new record for me! Also caught a Hard Head, a Rhyhorn, who is underleveled, so I probably wont use him.Taught surf to Spikey and shockwave to Queen.

Onto Silph co. Was relativley easy, although my pokemon are still underleved, besides spikey, he's in the mid 40's. Giovonni was tougher than I recall, but I still beat him. Blue was probably tougher than Giovonni though, but Queen Shockwaved Pidgeot and Gyrados, bit execute and Alakazam, but had to switch in Spikey for Charizard.

Koga was definetly my hardest battle so far, his Koffing was easy, but Muk minimized 7 or 8 times forcing me to use shockwave to get him to red, then he used a hyper potion XD had to use another 5 or 6 shockwaves to bring him down. Then Weezing was easy, due to Spikey's surf.

Moved on to Sabrina, her first two pokemon went down thanks to bite/flinch abuse and backtoback shockwave critts. Then Alakazam feinted Queen with his Physcic powers, but Spikey OHKO'ed him with megahorn. Venomoth went down to one megahorn and two surfs from Spikey.

Well, lets call that a day, once i get out of this warp tile area. O_o

EDIT: found the exit! :)
    Sorry fergot mah team:
    Spikey(Nidoking)
    level 47

Queen(Nidoqueen)
    level 41

Hard Head(Rhyhorn) male
    level 30

The Many (Dugtrio) female
    level 38

Slaves: geodude(strength),Slav 2(pidgey)(fly)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back